Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Lost Memories Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:34 pm
╭☆╯Esylie╭☆╯

Esylie listened to Daiysha explain but it seemed that even her young friend had figured out the best way to cure the town's folk and that was saying quite a bit she was an excellent learner and even came up with a few of her own brew of healing spells and potions.

As she entered the town quickly she could soon see all the signs over everyone in the street a few family's kept lock up in their home but she wondered if it would help and how long it would help. She lightly glanced at Daiysha as they made there way to the healing hut. She knew Daiysha might fall to the same symptoms.

She quickly moved into the healing hut doing her best to ignore the glares she could feel from the healers. "Someone fix me a big cauldron full of water quickly put over a fire." she said and watched someone move quickly to it. She placed all the herbs on the table and other item in her basket out. She moved to the person listening to the breathing.

As soon as the water was in over the fire she was quickly moving to the table mixing and mashing the herbs not caring what the other healers did. once the herbs were well mixed and crushed she ripped a piece of fabric from the sheet dipping it into the hot water she let some of the water out then placed it in with the herbs. Soon the smell of the herbs filled the room as the soaked cloth took in the herbs. She walked over to one and first pulled them up to drink the herb tea she made. She laid the person down placing the cloth over her mouth. She waited listening to her breath carefully and a smile touched her lips as she could hear her breathing get better.

She got up letting the child rest. "Please healer listen before you start healing the sick please follow my every move and treat yourselves first before you get to sick that you end up like your patients leave the cloth over your mouth." She instructed and began repeating her every step slowly so everyone could follow some didn't seem to happy but nothing was ever said.

As soon as she was done she watched as they all drank and covered their mouths tieing the cloth in the back of their heads so that it would stay Esylie did the same just encase it would affect her that and she didn't want to hear any complaints behind her back. She took no breaks as soon as she was ready she was going about the steps again to help the next person. She continued tell she noticed how low the herbs were. "Daiysha may I speak with you please?" she asked and walk out the back of the healers house hoping she would soon follow.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:47 pm
Daiysha Kambren

The hours passed quickly as everyone went about following Esylie’s instructions on how to tend to their sick. Soon, the whole healing house was permeated with the smell of the rich herb mixture that she brought with her. A system of care established itself quickly amongst the healers, working in shifts, they would trade out who tended the herbs and mixing the tincture, who would assist the newly arrived to beds, who cared for the ill, and who transferred their wards from one area of the healing house to another. All the while, Esylie would move from station to station; encouraging, supporting, and helping wherever needed.

For the life of her, Daiysha just could not figure out what the others found so unsettling about Esylie. Perhaps it was the way she kept to herself and remained a mystery. Even after all these years and countless hours spent in her presence, Daiysha knew she could hardly answer any questions about her life and past. All she knew about Esylie was what she had directly experienced while in her presence; which beyond the nature of the forest herbs and healing spells, wasn’t much.

Still, despite that, the woman was an amazing healer and the effects of her knowledge was apparent. While the number of ill coming to them wasn’t decreasing, their suffering was reduced. Fevers were breaking sooner, healthy color was returning, and all other symptoms were minimized.

It was relief.

That was when Esylie called her over and stepped outside. Curious, Daiysha left the pot of herbs she had been tending to one of the many junior healers, to follow. “What do you need?” she asked, cleaning her hands on her apron.  

angeldenoche

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:23 am
╭☆╯Esylie╭☆╯

Esylie looked at Daiysha she paused as she watched the door shut behind Daiysha. Esylie was really firm about the legions that were past on through out the history of the village but for those that mentioned it to her she would correct them giving the correct version completely from memory.

She sighed she could not afford to leave with the numbers of people still sick and making sure those that looked to be getting better were not going to get worse "Daiysha I am going to entrust upon a great task. I need you to take my basket go into the forest and gather herbs the ones we need the most our up the mountain I've shown you where these herbs hide around rocks and under bushes. Please be careful up there and what ever you do, do not go near the cave up the mountain." She said entrusting her with this task.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:36 pm
Daiysha Kambren

Her mouth nearly dropped open. “You’re asking me to cross the Vultang and go to the mountain?”

Eyslie had taken her only twice across the mighty river to the forest beyond. The first time had been amid much verbal protest from Daiysha, though inwardly, she had been delighted. No one crossed the river. She had been been taught that hard lesson through her father’s belt as a child, both the first and last time, she had wondered aloud what it would be like to go there.

Yet twice, Eylise had broken the law in Daiysha’s presence to take her across the river. It had quickly become clear to the healer that her friend broke this particular taboo frequently. She would never answer directly any of her questions about the whys of the reasons for her boldness. She would merely shake her head and change the subject. Though she had forced a promise from Daiysha that she would never go to cross the river on her own with Eylise by her side.

And somehow they found themselves here and now, with Esylie asking her to do just that. In the safety of her home, Daiysha had always seen herself crossing boldly and without fear, ready to brace whatever dangers might lurk across the river. But now that she was really and truly being asked, she found her courage somewhat lacking.  

angeldenoche

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:03 pm
╭☆╯Esylie╭☆╯

Esylie nodded lightly she would not ask this task of anyone in the village besides herself and Daiysha they were the only two that would be able to find the herbs. "Yes I am, I believe you can handle this task. I know what I am asking goes against everything I've said and taught. I really need to stay here to make sure that we can get by on the herbs we currently have tell you get more. You are the only one I trust with the task. Do you think you can handle it?" She said as she watched Daiysha seeing a lack of courage in her, but she hoped that her trust in her would give her the courage to do this. "Daiysha, can you handle this assignment?" She asked Daiysha hoping she could take on the task. The healers needed her there to help and she knew how to change things to make the herbs last longer. Her biggest fear was Daiysha being tricked by the demons trapped in the mountain.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:12 pm
Daiysha Kambren

"Daiysha, can you handle this assignment?"

“What? Yes,” Daiysha suddenly answered, snapping back from her lost and wandering thoughts. She straightened her shoulders and pushed back a stray strand of hair. Of course she could do this. It wasn’t like she couldn’t take care of herself. It wasn’t like she hadn’t crossed the river before. There was absolutely nothing to worry about. If anything, she would safer there than here with this sudden mystery illness spreading the wildfire amongst everyone.

“I can do this, Esylie. You just caught me off guard. I’ll head over there right away and be back as quickly as possible. Are there any other herbs I should get other than the Sweetmilk and Gentskirt? ”  

angeldenoche

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:06 am
╭☆╯Esylie╭☆╯

Esylie looked at Daiysha wondering if she had listening to her. "Yes I need more of the burdock, the yarrow and the rosehips. You can only find those up the mountain. Do you remember?"She replied knowing that the town healers didn't work much with her herbs they mostly worked with the ones that grew in mass quantities near the town. A healer popped her head out looking at the two of them Esylie could tell just from the look on the lady's face that they needed her.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:49 pm
Daiysha Kambren

She nodded as Esylie added to the list, silently repeating the needed herbs once again in her mind to fix them. In this she could ill afford to miss one and not bring it. “I’ve got it,” she promised, taking the basket and letting its weight settle in her hand.

The door opened showing the frantic face of Hanna. “Go on,” she said with a nod back towards the healing house, “I’ll see you soon.”

The trip through the town and to the edge of the mighty Vultang went quickly. The trip along its bank edge to the little boat that Eyslie kept hidden was a blur as Daiysha raced along. She had to hurry. She had to be fast. There was not time to ponder what it was that she was about to do. If she did, there was a fear that she might not actually cross. If she ran fast enough, the horror stories of the horrible fates of those who dared to cross would not catch her. Besides, she stubbornly told herself, Esylie crossed and no harm had ever come to the healer.

At least that she knew about.

With a frown, she shook her head and pressed onward. “Enough of that,” she chided herself, slowing as she came up the small stand of trees. With ease, she was able spot the tiny boat and pull it from its hiding place.

Short work allowed her to ready the vessel and steer it across to the opposite shore. Dayisha did not allow herself the time to think as she got out and stepped her foot down upon the far shore, the forbidden shore. There was a task to do and it had to be done quickly. Working from memory, she pulled up the tiny boat and stored it where she remembered Esylie had put it before.

She then turned her steps along a path, barely visible, to the mountain side and where the needed herbs would be waiting for her.  

angeldenoche

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 pm
Zelus

Zelus let go of her brothers hand listening to the wind as the sounds of the town were carried a smile filled her face at the sound of panic was carried on the wind. "It worked." she said

She paced in the cage listening as she waited. She stopped every now and then listening to the wind it carried so much. She shifted as she could hear someone coming up the mountain. She could tell it wasn't the witch. "Help! Help! Please help! Help!" She yelled out the cave her voice loud and full of fear that got to humans and her voice sounded like a child. She paused for a bit listening to the wind.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:14 pm
︽Lyrick︾

Grey eyes blinked open as his sister’s tiny hands dropped away from his and she declared their work done. A thin, cruel smile crossed his lips and he closed his eyes again to savor the feelings of panic and fear which had ran the lines of power back to them. He felt nourished, like a man who had just finished a meal after a week of starvation. But there was still room for more. There was always room for more. There was never enough suffering and pain to satiate his hunger for despair.

Though this had been a nice refreshment...almost an appetizer after these long years of enforced dieting, he could not wait for the main course which was the entirety of this island. It had no doubt been growing fat and full, now ripe and ready to be plucked.

All his for the taking...
His eyes opened again to spot his sister dearest doing her best “lost and helpless child” act....such a drama queen. Still, he reminded himself, she did have her place and her usefulness.

“A little louder, tiny one,” he suggested, “I don’t believe anyone could hear you other than the nearby trees.” He smiled broadly at her glare. “I know you are rusty after all these years, but come now. Feel the pain. The desperation....The hunger.” His eyes began to glint with their own inner hellish light.

“Time to dine...”  

angeldenoche

angeldenoche

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:38 pm
Daiysha Kambren

Daiysha hurried up the mountain path, her blue eyes quickly scanning the plant life nearby. She paused only long enough to harvest up the fresh herbs that she spotted before moving on. Her feet made nary a sound on the soft dirt ground before her as she traveled up what was more or less a deer’s path. Thankfully, her father had taught her some basic tracking or she would have been painfully lost by now without Elysie here to guide her.

She rounded a rock and paused to lean against it. The air was thinner up here than she was used to and it was taking its toll on her. As she leaned against the warmth of the large boulder, she unstopped her water bottle, grateful she had had sense enough to bring it. The cool water was sweet and refreshing; a boon this far up.

Her eyes closed as she went to enjoy a stray breeze that danced down from further up the mountain. The gods were being kind to her. The plants she was seeking were plentiful, the path clear, and the weather fair. She would be done with this task and back in town before long. Only a bit more of the Sweetmilk and her basket would be full. Esylie would be proud, she was sure of it.

“Help!”

Daiysha stood straight up, head darting around in every direction. Surely there was no way that...

“Help! Help me, please!”

“Hello?” she called, turning in the direction the wind had come from. Surely there couldn’t be someone else here on this side of the river.

Could there?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:54 pm
Zelus

Zelus turned and looked at her brother at his comment towards her. With out her there she wasn't sure how he would get out. She felt the frustration building inside her and using the fear that was being carried in the wind. She turned her head as she heard a voice it was light and carried on the wind. She screamed towards the front of the cave.

"I'm here... Please Help me! He's going to kill me! Help!" She yelled and screamed pushing out her voice out of the cave.  

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

angeldenoche

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:28 pm
Daiysha Kambren

The voice cried out again; begging for help. This time there was no mistaking it. There was someone here on this side of the river, a child by the sound of it.

A child in immediate danger.

Daiysha dropped her basket. She could come back for it later. The young healer plunged head first into the thick wood to her left, following the sound of the voice. Silently, she thanked her brothers for their merciless insistence on playing Blind-Man-Hunt by the town’s storage caverns. She had always hated playing there for the way the voices echoed and made it hard to follow their true direction. But now, those skills honed playing the child’s game, allowed her to accurately follow the child’s voice amidst all these trees and every growing rock covered terrain.

Every so often, she would stop, ears straining to hear another cry. At this point, she dared not call out herself. If the child was truly trying to escape a predator, her announcing her upcoming presence would not help. If anything, she could end up becoming a victim herself. Best to keep the element of surprise if she could. Doubly so as she was the one approaching a place she had never seen and had no knowledge of the area.

Again, the voice would cry out, seeking help.

Again, she would hurry towards the voice.

As she drew closer, she slowed her steps and began counting the time between cries. The voice wasn’t moving. Was the child injured? Up in a tree? Caught up in some other trap or net? Who was this mysterious “he” the voice referred to?

She cursed herself for not stopping by the house long enough to get her short sword. She had her knife, but little good it would do her against a large predator. And this side of the river, who knew what it might be? Not human. At least, she didn’t think anything this side of the river would be human.

But then again, she hadn’t expected to hear a child’s voice, either.

Daiysha re-gripped her knife, switching her hand hold from that of one to cut herbs to that of one ready for combat. Her steps grew ever slower and more cautious as the child’s voice grew louder. She was getting closer.

The woods had thinned out now. The trip had taken her farther up the mountain side than she had been aware of. Now, shrubs and low junipers offered the most protection to cover her approach. She had to be cautious. Any misstep now would spell disaster, not just for the child, but for her, and the whole town which also depended upon her to bring back the precious herbs. There was simply no room for error.

Slowly, she edged up to what appeared to be a cave opening. Daiysha pressed herself against the rock face, heart pounding. She stood still, listening for the voice to cry out once more and confirm that the child was indeed inside.

She did not have long to wait.

As soon as the child cried out, she sprung into action, rushing around the side, keeping herself close to the wall to protect her back and side, knife up and ready, she charged into the darkness of the cave.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:30 am
Zelus

Zelus could hear the person coming she wanted to laugh Esylie could not stop them now. She prevented herself from laughing and her eye's filled with fear as her child like body began to quiver. "No don't hurt me. Help. Please someone save me." She looked at her brother wanting him to do something to make the human come in and touch the cage that they are trapped in as fake tears rolled from her eye's down her cheek.  

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

angeldenoche

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:32 pm
︽Lyrick︾

Why was she looking at him like that? This was the...something-th time Zelus had given him that annoyed, eyes narrowed, if-looks-could-bruise glare. It was almost like she was expecting him to do something.

Lyrick cocked his head at her and plopped himself down cross-legged on the floor. As far as he was concerned she was doing a decent enough job of crying like a scared lost childling. There was nothing else he could add to that. It’s not like sounded like a child.

“No, don’t hurt me!” she nearly screeched.

Followed by another pointed look.

“What?” he asked softly, having enough sense to know that their rescuer might be nearby at this point.

Zelus’ look turned from bruising to beheading. Clearly, she wanted something. She stamped her tiny foot and motioned for him to stand up. ”Help! Please someone save me!” She raised her arms up and then pointed at him.

She almost sounded serious that time. Was she really that upset with him? Seriously, yes, they had been trapped in her for a long time and there were times he wanted to throw his hands up too in frustration of being stuck with Zelus. But this really wasn’t the time for that sort of fight between them right now. Not when they were so close to being freed.

Lyrick shook his head, still not understanding what she getting so upset about. Women. Small or fully grown, human or demon, he never could understand what they were always going on about. He was a lot of things, but mind reader he was not.

He was just about to say so when a blurred movement from behind her shoulder caught his eye. Lyrick shot to his feet, a grin on his face, “Hello!” he greeted, rushing to the edge of their prison, “It is good to see you, human-girl-woman. We-”  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff