Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Why My Moldavite? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:22 pm
I'm happy. ^-^ I just bought a big chunk of red Jasper, a few little Garnets and a Rose Quarts braclet (sp) today. ^-^ I saw them and just had to have them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:27 pm
I buy based on the asthetics and because the stone wants to go home with me- when I buy at all. Most of the stones I have are river stones that find me.  

TeaDidikai

AingealOreiad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:24 am
TeaDidikai
I buy based on the asthetics and because the stone wants to go home with me- when I buy at all. Most of the stones I have are river stones that find me.

HEHE. I'm ALWAYS picking up stones, and people are always GIVING me stones. Usually granite, which I love to death, and is in vast abundance here in MA. Actually, that reminds me I need to get some pink granite chips for my collection...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:55 am
AingealOreiad
TeaDidikai

HEHE. I'm ALWAYS picking up stones, and people are always GIVING me stones. Usually granite, which I love to death, and is in vast abundance here in MA. Actually, that reminds me I need to get some pink granite chips for my collection...
There's an awesome shop about a half hour from where I live called Crystal Grove... or Crystal Forest... or some such. It's a little fluffy, but the stones themselves are wonderful.

I actually have a piece of Flourite that has an image of my Baba's face in it.  

TeaDidikai

Kahri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:54 pm
missmagpie
Does anybody go shopping for a specific stone? Like will people set out to buy a specific type of stone no matter what? I'm curious because I usually just wing it and see what pops out at me. But I once went on a mad crazy hunt for green calcite because I NEEDED some. Damned if I know why... It was awful hard to find too.

There are also stones that I unreservedly hate. I simply detest topaz (even though it's supposed to be one of my birthstones) and don't like malachite. But what exactly is it that attracts people to some stones and not others?
Yeah! hematite (especially in the same necklace as a softer stone like flourite or moonstone) makes me feel so bad! I started crying once, cause my mom tried to put it onto my necklace. She thinks I need grounding mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:28 am
Kahri
Yeah! hematite (especially in the same necklace as a softer stone like flourite or moonstone) makes me feel so bad! I started crying once, cause my mom tried to put it onto my necklace. She thinks I need grounding mrgreen
A lot of people I know have serious unpleasent reactions to hematite.

That's the bonus of knowing alternitive stones for different uses.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:09 pm
I pick up stones and rocks I think are pretty from the ground, but I usually have no idea what kinds they are.

Lately I really want some labradorite. I don't know anything about it and I probably will not be able to obtain any, but I just really want some.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:58 pm
TheDisreputableDog
I pick up stones and rocks I think are pretty from the ground, but I usually have no idea what kinds they are.

Lately I really want some labradorite. I don't know anything about it and I probably will not be able to obtain any, but I just really want some.
You're in luck. My stone collection threw a hissy fit. PM me where I can have the piece sent.  

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:17 pm
A lot of people seem to react bad to hematite, I've noticed. If you do be carful when buying Tiger-eye. Hematite and Tiger-eye seem to really like eachother and most of the Tiger-eye stones that I have have a little bit of hematite on them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:04 pm
biggrin We had a Rock and Gem show this weekend. Out of a really big table of quarts crystals, one was calling out to me to. I think I spent about 10 minutes at it, but I finaly picked up the right one. ^-^ It was a little frustrating trying to find it, there must have been like over 200 crystals at that booth.

There were so many stones that I wanted. eek It sucked that I couldn't get them all.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:43 am
Neko_Bast
There were so many stones that I wanted. eek It sucked that I couldn't get them all.
Heh. I know that feeling all too well. But mostly I find you'll be able to get the ones you *need* to get and the others can wait for another time.

Quartz is lovely. I'm getting somewhat confused with my moldavite. I've had it for about a month now and I still haven't a clue how to use it. It's so wonderful but totally beyond me for the moment. Oh well. I'll figure it out someday... I hope.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:31 pm
I work at a shop selling a lot of stones (some dyed, sadly emo ). We have a ton of things like picture jasper, moss agate, selenite, sodalite, as well as raw or tumbled gems like amethyst, topaz, and jade. The place drives me up a wall. Many of our stones have tried to get my attention, but I can't take any of them home because I have to sell them!

Some of the shaped stones we have are these little hearts in a display by the register. Being so close, my eye is frequently drawn to them and I start thinking of special ones as my rock babies. One was milky white crystal and was cut so that one side was still in its natural state. It was like fine sandpaper and flat and millions of tiny facets shone when you tilted it. I had to sell it to someone who was saying they wanted to carve some design in the flat side and turn it into an armpiece.

I love my job, but it really hurts sometimes to watch those stones walk away with a customer.  

Aesi

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:59 am
Neko_Bast
A lot of people seem to react bad to hematite, I've noticed.

While at work a few weeks ago, my hematite ring just burst off my finger...I wasn't even touching anything. sweatdrop Scared the crud out of me. Luckily, I wasn't helping a customer at the time.

I mentioned on page one how much I like blue topaz, but silver topaz has started catching my eyes. Especially pear cuts. I think I might try to find on this summer, maybe when I'm in WA in August (I'm sure the Seattle area has a few shops that specialize in stones...I'll have to double check).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:16 pm
BlueRoseTorn
Neko_Bast
A lot of people seem to react bad to hematite, I've noticed.

While at work a few weeks ago, my hematite ring just burst off my finger...I wasn't even touching anything. sweatdrop Scared the crud out of me. Luckily, I wasn't helping a customer at the time.

I stopped wearing hematite rings when I broke the third one straight in three years. Each one, no warning, no visible cracks, just suddenly drops off in four nearly-equal pieces.

I pick stones pretty much just for aesthetics and a sense that the stone wants to be with me, similar to Tea - also occasionally picking up river stones or stones in my path on the rare, rare occasions that I go outside. Since none of my personal practices actually use the stones, I also have no problem giving them away when it feels like they want to be with someone else specific. I have no idea or theory as to why these feelings come to me, since they aren't even a part of my religious beliefs.

It's like an Unidentifiable Personal Gnoseriouslyexplainwhatjusthappened.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Aesi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:33 pm
HenryDorsettCase

Since none of my personal practices actually use the stones, I also have no problem giving them away when it feels like they want to be with someone else specific.

I'm going to start keeping this in mind when I'm at work. I don't use the stones, I just think they look really nice and so get attached to them. But they're going off with people who really want them!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff