unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:54 pm
Oh, I really wish I could be a part of the event but I'm going on vacation emo

Anyways, here's my ideas this week based on sales and what not.

Survey
Gaia released a Staff Alert about being able to take a survey and that we would be able to give them feedback. Of course, I filled this out based on my opinions about the sales and the amount of announcements that are being shoved down our throats. When I saw the question "How can we improve the site?" I wrote : "Less announcements, less sales, and change the site back to what it was previously."

Gold Sinks
There were a few Gold sinks the past few weeks (I think about 2 or 3) and I honestly think that Gaia has finally come to its senses and seen that there is an unbelievable amount of inflation going on, and I think this is their attempt at trying to get rid of it. Gaia, you can't get rid of it. Sure, you can contain it maybe a little, but it most likely will never go away, if it does, it'll take a long time. You should've tried to do this a long time ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 pm
I recently just came back after spending a while on a different site. So a few things are still kinda new to me ^^; Apologies if I say anything stupid.

The gold gen bump made me facepalm so badly. As did the fact that they've increased the payout in the Daily Chance because as much as that is nice for the people who don't buy GC, it's also adding even more gold to the inflation. Sure, 80K on its own is nothing now, but it mounts up. Personally I'm just hoarding gold until the CEO leaves and the economy has a chance to return to normal. It probably never will recover, but one can home.

The re-releases are getting tiring now. Same with the flood of girly items. They'll have cool names then they'll just be revealing girls clothes in dark colours.

I'm also a bit upset with the Loyal store. I remember the gold sink mini thing that opened that door (Nirvanas Gate I think it was?), I helped with it thinking I'd get something out of it and have a bit of fun with the gold I'd accumulated, only to find out that I cannot afford the bloody thing anyway! Even with this inflation I only have 3 mill to my name. Felt kinda jipped personally, but then I reminded myself that this is Gaia now, so I went back to Subeta XD

Not a fan of the Dark Heart really, it's just meh to me. Nothing I can really use in it.

MadSam123

Questionable Cat

12,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:54 pm
Punktz
Andromeda Phoenix
Punktz

I like the gold reward increase in the DC. I think of it as a deterrent to Gold Gens. Anything that makes it easier to earn gold and keep up with this economy, while it increases inflation for a bit, it decreases the chances of someone opening up a gold gen and chucking 1 trillion into the economy because they got very lucky. The issue, of course, isn't solved. it's more of a matter of "lesser of two evils". At least that's how I think of it.

I guess that makes sense... *phantom tip*
Having a balance between helping gaians get up on their feet and not putting more gold into the economy is hard. confused

Definitely. 3nodding The second you come out with one feature that hands out a lot more gold than other features *cough* BG/zOMG *cough* you wind up unbalancing the whole thing. Gaia definitely went about fixing that balance the wrong way though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:50 pm
My invite to Club Verge should have expired by now, its been a year already, right?
I don't see any my thrill items this month. That must have gotten abandoned along with the Shop and Guild. Come to think of it, at first there was a guild sales notice every day in the beginning, but when the announcement spam increased the shop notices quit coming. I really wonder how they are gonna handle this now.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:42 pm
I'm biased on the Dark Heart item since it's based on the Evil Queen Regina from Once Upon A Time. I started watching (And finished watching) that in the last two weeks so I was pretty happy to have another color come out when I realized what it was. especially since it's not that flat ugly cell shading they've been doing.

I find myself hoping they're upping the gold and lowering gold gen prices in an attempt to get people to buy more because so many have stopped and won't buy GC. It looks like they're trying to make up for lost revenue by adding incentives to convince people to buy.

My biggest hope is that Gaia will get sold (again) to somebody else. Somebody who will take better care of it instead of turning it in to a cash hog.

Also, in the past 3 or 4 days I started getting notifications for threads I'm not subscribed to on the 18+ site. I signed up for it just to check out how horrible it was (And it is) months ago and I'm suddenly getting emails to "check out the threads you might have missed!" Uh...No.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:24 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Starting next week our arena entries will be re-vamped. The first theme is "Revolution". Make an avi that best embodies your idea of our guild. Tag it with "RevolutionGaia" in the arenas and don't forget to include a link or mention of our guild in the description.

Is my current cosplay fit for this? I submitted it to the arena weeks ago, but I didn't do much to promote it.  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:20 pm
Alexius08
xx I met my fate xx
Starting next week our arena entries will be re-vamped. The first theme is "Revolution". Make an avi that best embodies your idea of our guild. Tag it with "RevolutionGaia" in the arenas and don't forget to include a link or mention of our guild in the description.

Is my current cosplay fit for this? I submitted it to the arena weeks ago, but I didn't do much to promote it.

Absolutely. It's all up to your own interpretation. What represents rebellion to you? If education and intelligent thought represents rebellion to you then your avi is perfect!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:59 am
This guild is a safe place for us Gaians... at least that's what I think when I look at the announcements.  

HeIias

Malevolent Reveler

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:48 pm
Ever notice how Loyal's guild is just word games but in guild form?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:35 am
What do you guys think of the new "Free CI with every purchase" gimmick they have going?

I like it. This is the right way to make GC attractive. It's also a good way to deflate some items.

From an announcement(I didn't click through, I just searched "free chance item" in the search bar):
"any purchase of Gcash made using PayPal, PIN, or Ultimate Pay will score you one FREE Chance Item with purchase. The great part is there is no limit to how many free items you can get with Gcash purchases - so, for example, if you purchase Gcash 2 times using PayPal, PIN, or Ultimate Pay, you'll get 2 free Mystery Scene Chance item bonuses."  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:16 am
Last Trickster Prince
What do you guys think of the new "Free CI with every purchase" gimmick they have going?

I like it. This is the right way to make GC attractive. It's also a good way to deflate some items.

From an announcement(I didn't click through, I just searched "free chance item" in the search bar):
"any purchase of Gcash made using PayPal, PIN, or Ultimate Pay will score you one FREE Chance Item with purchase. The great part is there is no limit to how many free items you can get with Gcash purchases - so, for example, if you purchase Gcash 2 times using PayPal, PIN, or Ultimate Pay, you'll get 2 free Mystery Scene Chance item bonuses."

It's definitely interesting and I like that it's item gens.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:39 am
I just wanted to say thank you to the anon of this guild.  

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:07 pm
blesstherise
This guild is a safe place for us Gaians... at least that's what I think when I look at the announcements.

I feel ya guildie.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 pm
Last Trickster Prince

Definitely better than the previous GoFusion charm pack or gold gen option. Dare I hope someone's trying to slow down the inflation?  

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100

HeIias

Malevolent Reveler

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:08 pm
Gumby Ningata
I just wanted to say thank you to the anon of this guild.

Ditto! [;  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces