Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

absinthie

Prodigal Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:22 am
Last Trickster Prince
Heiyan
Are you saying my idea is stupid?
I'm trying to help you lure the members back you know.
(Posted by mobile)

I'm tired so I'm sorry if I'm irritable. I need sleep.
I'm saying I really don't know what you are talking about. I don't understand how this person has any special significance. People get banned wrongly all the time. I don't see how boycotting a specific case is helping our cause--especially when she was banned for something that is complete unrelated to GC/GG abuse.

EDIT:// Why should I show sympathy to GC shop apprentices?

My old post was edited and I'm thinking a little more clearly now so I'll try to explain.

She probably picked the cash shop because she liked the NPC to be honest, and she gifts people so I don't think she's that bad.
Also, a lot of people love her (apparently) so mentioning her might get people to join out of support to her
And then they might end up staying because of the original purpose of the guild.

(Sent from mobile. I'm signing off soon because its nine am and I still haven't gotten sleep yet)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:42 am
Heiyan
to explain.

She probably picked the cash shop because she liked the NPC to be honest, and she gifts people so I don't think she's that bad.
Also, a lot of people love her (apparently) so mentioning her might get people to join out of support to her
And then they might end up staying because of the original purpose of the guild.

(Sent from mobile. I'm signing off soon because its nine am and I still haven't gotten sleep yet)
So I did a little digging and it appears this is from something called Project NPC Apprentice. From my understanding, this was a gold generator. I feel like it would be hypocritical to support her with a boycott.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:15 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Izzy Derp
I am not sure if there was one. That may have been during my inactive stage. But if there was it must have been lost long ago because I have never heard of it.
I know when I was on the mod team the first time,we were sending out random messages and invite but got told to stop because it was spam. I am guessing this would fall under that as well.
We did sent it out in the ATG and we got 3? One of them Darius Runan he is now a mod. As for the rest of that information its not place to say :/
Okay then. What do you think about adding a Hangout thread? I wouldn't mind modding it. There are plenty of hangout threads in the CB! And they're not considered spam. We could hold some page contests to keep it going along.
I don't remember reading it. O: Also, I don't usually attend those things due to work. OTL

Well they go on for a week at a time. xD
Also I will bring it up with the other mods. See what they say and get back to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 pm
Izzy Derp
Well they go on for a week at a time. xD
Also I will bring it up with the other mods. See what they say and get back to you.
Alright. Sounds good. (:  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:00 pm
Heiyan
[

Not to come off as rude or snotty.
But Given her reason she stated on her profile comment was she joked/lied about her age being 12 when it was not. Given the fact that she even said her age was 12 gives Gaia the full right to ban her. IMO they have every right to ban her given she broke the TOS and lied her age. It even says within the TOS not to even joke about being under the age of 13 because you will be banned. She got what she deserves.
I think it is stupid and Ignorant of you and any others who think its a good Idea to boycott Gaia for acting on their TOS. The TOS that keep them out of trouble, because though they try and keep this site as "teen" safe as the can there still things that are not suitable for a 13 year (Those whore items they pumped out for a while) None the less a 12 year old. I don't think they should be boycotted for following their rules and saving their own arese and that actually allows there to be site for us to have. (Especially this particular one) I get it if it were one of the more unfair ones. But this one? No.
If you are going to boycott Gaia do it because you love the site and the community and want it to thrive and live again like it did a year ago. Boycott because they are treating us like s**t. Boycott because they wronging their users, Not because they are enforcing one of the rules that is actually fair.
For the record I don't speak for all the guild, I only speak for me Izzy Derp. I do not speak for the other mods either. This is my opinion. If you have an issue with my view take it out with me and no the guild. >.< sorry again if I came off harsh I just think boycotting for person who broke TOS when there so many there other things to boycott that are actually hurting the site.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:14 pm
Izzy Derp
Heiyan
[

Not to come off as rude or snotty.
But Given her reason she stated on her profile comment was she joked/lied about her age being 12 when it was not. Given the fact that she even said her age was 12 gives Gaia the full right to ban her. IMO they have every right to ban her given she broke the TOS and lied her age. It even says within the TOS not to even joke about being under the age of 13 because you will be banned. She got what she deserves.
I think it is stupid and Ignorant of you and any others who think its a good Idea to boycott Gaia for acting on their TOS. The TOS that keep them out of trouble, because though they try and keep this site as "teen" safe as the can there still things that are not suitable for a 13 year (Those whore items they pumped out for a while) None the less a 12 year old. I don't think they should be boycotted for following their rules and saving their own arese and that actually allows there to be site for us to have. (Especially this particular one) I get it if it were one of the more unfair ones. But this one? No.
If you are going to boycott Gaia do it because you love the site and the community and want it to thrive and live again like it did a year ago. Boycott because they are treating us like s**t. Boycott because they wronging their users, Not because they are enforcing one of the rules that is actually fair.
For the record I don't speak for all the guild, I only speak for me Izzy Derp. I do not speak for the other mods either. This is my opinion. If you have an issue with my view take it out with me and no the guild. >.< sorry again if I came off harsh I just think boycotting for person who broke TOS when there so many there other things to boycott that are actually hurting the site.

I second this opinion.
I am also against our guild supporting any one person with the idea that supporting them will draw members. That's manipulative. Our guild will draw members because of our cause, we won't use underhanded tactics to do so. If we did we'd be no better than Gaia.

It was an interesting ideas but I'm afraid we're going to pass. Thanks for your input though!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:15 pm
That sounds awesome but we CANNOT make a thread in SF with multiple topics. According to the SF sticky a thread there needs to be on one specific point and no other.

As Izzy has said, we can only do so much when so many of our members refuse to be active.

As the captain of the guild it is more than a little disheartening to see the same 6-10 people at every ATG and involved in every serious thread while everyone else only decides to show up when they have a complaint or we're doing a "fun" thread.

We do intend to re-start the hangout thread once our staffing issues are taken care of and after the event that we're planning. The original owner of the hangout ended up leaving Gaia so this new one will be posted and moderated using our guild mule. This way the staff can rotate and continue updating and keeping it going.

We did have a hiring thread, in fact it was announced and featured in three different ATGs. As stated we had exactly 3 applicants. Darius joined our staff in that run and he's been amazing to have on crew!

Your ideas are really awesome and I'll definitely be talking over with the crew. We have been trying to get the flame back, believe me. We re-started the avatar arena protests but after four weeks straight with NO entries aside from the crew we decided that the members apparently didn't like that idea. Most of our endeavors end this way. It's all well and good to say we need to start the fire but we need the wood to do so.

I'm hoping this event will be a great start, a way to get members talking and interested again. Keep an eye out in the coming week for a thread that will be hiring mods for the event since we'll need more help than just our staff can provide.

Thanks so much for all your dedication! Please keep throwing ideas out, we love to hear them and every one helps. As always if you have any specific questions or concerns you can PM me at any time. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:03 pm
Well at least I tried. -shrug-
It was almost ten am and I hadn't slept for over 30 hours so I was probably not in a stable state of mind.
I'm sorry for the trouble.
(Sent from mobile)

Although I might need more rest if I'm getting offended at people calling me "stupid and ignorant".
Since you so nicely said you weren't trying to be rude or snotty (that wasn't sarcasm I'm sorry)
-shrug-
Sorry for doing irresponsible things I guess.  

absinthie

Prodigal Muse

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 am
Heiyan
It was almost ten am and I hadn't slept for over 30 hours so I was probably not in a stable state of mind.
(Sent from mobile)

Although I might need more rest if I'm getting offended at people calling me "stupid and ignorant".
Since you so nicely said you weren't trying to be rude or snotty (that wasn't sarcasm I'm sorry)
-shrug-

I am very sorry. I was snappy I was at 28 hours of no sleep at that point my mind was every where. We do appreciate that you tried and hope that it doesn't discourage you from feature input. But as fate said we would rather people join because they want too not because we support someone.
Even if it was "nicely said" I was wrong and I am very sorry I said that. Honestly I shouldn't be saying things like that. It was wrong of me.
And you were not doing irresponsible things. You were doing something you think is right. But that choice isn't right for the guild. *hugs* I am sorry for anything I might have said to offend you or any others.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:42 am
why does everyone lack sleep question  

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:15 pm
Punktz
why does everyone lack sleep question

I have no idea.

I was wondering where the arenas entries went. Heck, this guild's regular arenas entries are where I got the idea to start making Gold Shop-only avatars and entering them in the arenas, just to show people that the gold shops have been far outdoing the cash shops, in my opinion. And on that subject, why do you even NEED three cash shops?! Seriously?! Three? I remember when there wasn't a cash shop at all!

But yeah, I'm feeling the guild abandonment issue. I'm trying to be active again in chatting in the guild and a select few hangouts, and a few other guilds that I like, but...yeah. Not a ton of activity. The thread I made asking for input on the Shops-only avatars is pretty much collecting dust. DX  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:34 pm
xx I met my fate xx
That sounds awesome but we CANNOT make a thread in SF with multiple topics. According to the SF sticky a thread there needs to be on one specific point and no other.

As Izzy has said, we can only do so much when so many of our members refuse to be active.

As the captain of the guild it is more than a little disheartening to see the same 6-10 people at every ATG and involved in every serious thread while everyone else only decides to show up when they have a complaint or we're doing a "fun" thread.

We do intend to re-start the hangout thread once our staffing issues are taken care of and after the event that we're planning. The original owner of the hangout ended up leaving Gaia so this new one will be posted and moderated using our guild mule. This way the staff can rotate and continue updating and keeping it going.

We did have a hiring thread, in fact it was announced and featured in three different ATGs. As stated we had exactly 3 applicants. Darius joined our staff in that run and he's been amazing to have on crew!

Your ideas are really awesome and I'll definitely be talking over with the crew. We have been trying to get the flame back, believe me. We re-started the avatar arena protests but after four weeks straight with NO entries aside from the crew we decided that the members apparently didn't like that idea. Most of our endeavors end this way. It's all well and good to say we need to start the fire but we need the wood to do so.

I'm hoping this event will be a great start, a way to get members talking and interested again. Keep an eye out in the coming week for a thread that will be hiring mods for the event since we'll need more help than just our staff can provide.

Thanks so much for all your dedication! Please keep throwing ideas out, we love to hear them and every one helps. As always if you have any specific questions or concerns you can PM me at any time. ^_^
I did not realize that. sweatdrop Guess that one's off the table, then! xD

So I wasn't imagining us having a Hangout! I was starting to believe I was crazy. Alright, I'll be sure to keep an eye out on it, too. (:

I am trying! I'm one of those people who does things because it seem like no one else is interested in doing so.
As far as Arenas go, I think people just missed using their GC items. sweatdrop

I hope it's a hit! I know I'll be participating. (: I love food and food-related things. emotion_bigheart  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:05 pm
Last Trickster Prince
xx I met my fate xx

I did not realize that. sweatdrop Guess that one's off the table, then! xD

So I wasn't imagining us having a Hangout! I was starting to believe I was crazy. Alright, I'll be sure to keep an eye out on it, too. (:

I am trying! I'm one of those people who does things because it seem like no one else is interested in doing so.
As far as Arenas go, I think people just missed using their GC items. sweatdrop

I hope it's a hit! I know I'll be participating. (: I love food and food-related things. emotion_bigheart

I wish technology would allow me to share s'mores with everyone! That's my favourite summer cookout food but unfortunately those don't go well when shoved through the interwebz. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:09 pm
xx I met my fate xx
I wish technology would allow me to share s'mores with everyone! That's my favourite summer cookout food but unfortunately those don't go well when shoved through the interwebz. crying
Anything's possible if you just believe.
I'll probably make some myself while I hang out during the event. lol  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

absinthie

Prodigal Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:30 pm
Izzy Derp
Heiyan
(Sent from mobile)

-shrug-

I am very sorry. I was snappy I was at 28 hours of no sleep at that point my mind was every where. We do appreciate that you tried and hope that it doesn't discourage you from feature input. But as fate said we would rather people join because they want too not because we support someone.
Even if it was "nicely said" I was wrong and I am very sorry I said that. Honestly I shouldn't be saying things like that. It was wrong of me.
And you were not doing irresponsible things. You were doing something you think is right. But that choice isn't right for the guild. *hugs* I am sorry for anything I might have said to offend you or any others.

Aww. I feel super bad now because that was so cute. (Apparently getting 6 hours sleep per day for two days after that episode has messed up my brain but whatever rolleyes ) rofl

Don't be sorry I was in the wrong too (if you were wrong at all tbh e_e), that was a silly idea and I should have thought it through but my mind apparently fried from the lack of sleep. :p

It's okay, I had less sleep than you > <;;
I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty, I really wasn't trying to be sarcastic gonk
I'll just stop talking when I should be sleeping anyway. lol
(I posted this from my computer but I was too lazy to format, hue xd )

Thanks, I'll try to contribute again if I can lol 4laugh  
📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces