Necra Eclips

Alien Warrior

16,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:41 am
Izzy Derp
I really think they did. This site is really heading for the shitter. And I just feel so bad.
On a much sadder side note.... I want an OMG hat recolor. But they are soo much. I almost never have that kind of gold. It sucks soo bad. -_- I get they are a great gold sink at 500mil but not everyone can afford that.

I know right? Had they opened up the shop with lower prices sooner we might have avoided this situation entirely. Now they have a sink that no one can put into unless they buy cash that's been causing the problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:43 am
are we planned to have another walkout?  

PlatinumM00N

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Black Dawn Rose

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:56 am
I personally can't really believe how horrible gaia has gotten. I wonder if they realize that almost none of their loyalty base will follow over to the adult website. I'm 21 and I personally and disgusted by the site. It's certainly not their finest hour. I don't see why they can't just make an adult section on here? I'm fairly sure most of the users here are at least 18 now seeing as how the user count is next to nothing.. It has to be older members now right? Or am I crazy thinking this?
Certainly no 14 year old is going to beg their parents for 40 bucks to spend on pixels and actually GET it. It's would be ridiculous!

*sighs* So much greed... It ruined a beautiful thing....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:24 am
Hi everyone. I think this might be my first actual post here. I mostly just come here to lurk around, but I figured that I'd finally state my piece.

To be truthfully honest, I've become a little indifferent to...well, to all of it. The announcements, the offers, the ads, the greed, the blatant disrespect and disregard of Gaia's loyal users.

Gaia does not care what we say or do or feel. As long as there are at least SOME people supporting the cash shop, that's all Gaia wants/needs. The rest of us are simply white noise.

Gaia has dug itself a hole so deep that it may never come out. And if it does, it surely won't happen in the next year or two.

I apologize for sounding pessimistic. But first and foremost I am realistic and I can't bring myself to believe that a walkout or a badge on our signature or a thread in SF is going to change much of anything.

Gaia Online used to belong to it's users. This was our home away from home. Our sanctuary away from the drama and hardships of life. But now, this site has become the very embodiment of everything that we once tried to avoid.

In closing, while I won't discourage anyone else from doing what they deem necessary, I personally have given up on the dream of Gaia being restored to it's former glory.

Some wounds can not be healed. And some things just can not be undone.  

malalaliyah

Sweetest Doll

22,500 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:54 am
V Tora Bisu V
are we planned to have another walkout?

At this time I can only think of the walkout we plan to have on the day of the one year anniversary they shut down the ATA Threads. One of the other mods can correct me if I am wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 am
70% off items
I'm not going into Victiore, is that 70% even close to what the prices were last year?  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:57 am
Kitalpha Hart
70% off items
I'm not going into Victiore, is that 70% even close to what the prices were last year?

Sadly yes. Its $10 for 100 pack of Honey pots crying if inflation was bad before its only going to get worse.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:59 am
Black Dawn Rose
I personally can't really believe how horrible gaia has gotten. I wonder if they realize that almost none of their loyalty base will follow over to the adult website. I'm 21 and I personally and disgusted by the site. It's certainly not their finest hour. I don't see why they can't just make an adult section on here? I'm fairly sure most of the users here are at least 18 now seeing as how the user count is next to nothing.. It has to be older members now right? Or am I crazy thinking this?
Certainly no 14 year old is going to beg their parents for 40 bucks to spend on pixels and actually GET it. It's would be ridiculous!

*sighs* So much greed... It ruined a beautiful thing....

1 ) I love your username <3
2) There have been cases of kids stealing there mom and dads credit cards to buy gaia cash.
3) I agree with you, though I am not 21 yet (will be in Nov) I think that site is gross. Its full of preves and trolls.  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:06 am
ok so I had an idea.
What if we hold a "gc walkout" in SF. Basically, for one month, people would pledge to not buy/use GC. They can use the site all they want, they just have to keep their wallets closed. I figured it might actually work since even regular gc-buyers are getting fed up with Gaia's bologna. lol

Another idea I had is collection of items you'd like to buy with GC. Seeing as the whole anti-gc movement has had zero effect on Gaia's marketing strategy, and the anti-GG efforts make no difference, we'd tell them what we WOULD be willing to spend our irl monies on. They keep feeding us the old "GAIA IS A BUSINESS" excuse so let's tell them what we'll do to keep the lights on.

THOUGHTS?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:06 am
Izzy Derp
Kitalpha Hart
70% off items

Sadly yes. Its $10 for 100 pack of Honey pots crying if inflation was bad before its only going to get worse.
oh my glob o.e  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Bluecandescent

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:59 pm
I love that we've had 3 gold shop updates in one month
Granted, none of them were technically "regular" updates, but we need to welcome animals as regular bases so I'll count that one

However they're rereleasing LQIs before their 6-month mark. Teddy March is two months premature, that's even worse than the Wintergreen Refrain rerelease a while back (I think that was an accident?). Can Gaia not guarantee anything nowadays?? I thought they were actually going to keep the LQI promise after the other originals weren't sold at exactly 6 months, but they can't even do that now it seems. Shoulda known after they started rereleasing MCs that they aren't to be taken for their word :/

But yeah we can be happy for the GS updates at least
Next month should be our Animal CrossStitch update, unless they squeeze it into this month but I doubt it
Something to look forward to!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:41 pm
Does anyone know how much gold we make by posting now days? I'm pretty sure it tappers down after a while, so I want to know how much gold you would have if you say, had an incredible 300 or 500 Posts per day.

I want to make a thread in Site Feedback asking if they actually plan to address how all the gold granting for posting is so abysmal, compared to the going rate of just about everything. In what I thought was primarily a forum site.

Making a thread like that is probably a waste of my time I guess.. but I still want to know, just for the sake of knowing. u_u

Like, how many posts do you have to make to make 1 billion gold? It's absolutely absurd I am sure...
I remember when we could afford to quest a new monthly collectible just by posting.  

Cranberry-Conundrum

Fanatical Explorer

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:56 pm
I'm numb about the whole thing. I sell off my old items to buy some of the older 'new' items that have dropped below 1b because people are tired of vending them back and forth.

I thought the gold sink was a wonderful idea but we shouldn't have had 44 trillion gold in the system to sink to begin with. And now there's probably more than that flooded back into the system.

They're pushing the same item several times a day now and the GC 'flash sales' are getting a LITTLE less frequent. So they're either gonna come back twice as hard or they're going to stop. I feel like we're at the peak of this crap right now and I'm hoping Gaia will be able to recover once the ball is dropped...

I kind of wonder if anyone has tried going to a newspaper about the business practices here. I know GW2 (An MMO) got coverage on yahoo's front page for having an all Sailor Senshi Sailor Moon guild. XD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:00 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Absolutely. The Gaian community is more divided now than I've ever seen it.

I just had an interesting thought. Everyone knows of the Holiday events that Gaia does where you pick a side; like the Easter bunny or S.I.N. What if there was an event where it was the Gaia users against the higher ups? It's sort of coming to that point where there's going to be a major of the users on here who are just uber ticked off about things and then there's the sheeple who just go with things and don't say anything.  

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Kawaii Otaku Kun

Tiny Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:09 pm
Are all theses gold sink events actually going to affect inflation or are they null because of all the GG's in the cash shop?

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff