Has A Cunning Plan

Dapper Bibliophile

27,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:21 pm
witchy cat panther
i feel that the quality has slipped. these red recolors are really dark and you can hardly see any of the items details to it.

A thousand times THIS.

witchy cat panther
plus i agree nothing is special anymore gaia keep pumping them out for a quick money. its so sad! i mean i remember when i had rage i felt awesome now they've released it how many times?

I like the re-releases in that they *sometimes* deflate on the MP so there's a possibility i'll be able to afford x, y, or z. that said, I also agree the re-releases are...well...kind of lazy. i enjoy some of the recolors but your quote above! if they're going to be recolored, don't just slam pixels atop all half-a$$ed! >.<

and the gold generators. always, always, ALWAYS with the gold generators. crying

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:22 pm
r a i n i i_d a i s
I'm absolutely disgusted by Gaia's "suggestive" items. Tentacl wasn't enough?

I agree with this as well! I mean, okay, some of the sexy stuff, fine, they want to appeal to everyone. But this much?...no. Just...no. :/

Has A Cunning Plan

Dapper Bibliophile

27,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:29 pm
Has A Cunning Plan

I agree with this as well! I mean, okay, some of the sexy stuff, fine, they want to appeal to everyone. But this much?...no. Just...no. :/

Mhm! I mean, there are little kids on this site. The worst thing is for them is to be exposed the those things at a young age. They'll eventually find out about that stuff but it's better to prevent it.

What if a parent walks in and sees their kid viewing those items? ; n ;

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:33 pm
I agree that I hate the current style that seems to be in. Flat, angular cell-looking style that just looks awful. Whomever artist is in charge of those particular items just needs to stop.

As for the sexual items, I'm of two minds.
-On the one hand, I don't think Gaia should release items that are so easily used explicitly and then warn users for doing it. They could have released those items without those particular hand poses.

-On the other hand no one is sitting behind these users and forcing them to use those items with their pants down, blushing, with hearts and a clear orgasm face. If they get warned for doing so, it's THEIR fault, not Gaia's. They're the ones who are using items in a way that they know is wrong.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:34 pm
r a i n i i_d a i s
Has A Cunning Plan

Mhm! I mean, there are little kids on this site. The worst thing is for them is to be exposed the those things at a young age. They'll eventually find out about that stuff but it's better to prevent it.

I would imagine they'd ream Gaia interactive pretty hard.

Sadly all they'd have to do to avoid lawsuits would be to change the ToS under our noses. Then they'd simply say "not my problem".  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:36 pm
r a i n i i_d a i s
Has A Cunning Plan

Agreed. Or even if the parent's cool with it--whatever, you know, Gaia says they're PG13. A lot of the poses they're throwing out now are a leeeeetle above PG13. Cleavage? Sure! Hands down your pants? Come on guys. I come to this site to make weird, silly, goofy, pretty, fantastical avatars--come on. :/

Has A Cunning Plan

Dapper Bibliophile

27,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Has A Cunning Plan

Dapper Bibliophile

27,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:37 pm
Darius Runan
r a i n i i_d a i s
Has A Cunning Plan

I would imagine they'd ream Gaia interactive pretty hard.

Sadly all they'd have to do to avoid lawsuits would be to change the ToS under our noses. Then they'd simply say "not my problem".

I imagine that, sadly, you'd be completely right. Ugh. UGHHHH. evil

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:07 pm
Do you think they're pumping out items too fast?
Yes definitely. Every day I go to log in I have about 3-6 missed announcements about cash sales, new recolours, gold generators, limited time items... you know what I mean, It's sad that Gaia has become like this.. I remember when I thought that 1Omil gold was something that could get you any item you wanted and that made you rich. now 1Omil is nothing because of all the gold being pumped into the site every day.

Is quality slipping?
A million times YES! It's sad to see the artists quality slip in the items they produce but I do not blame them. I blame Gaia for releasing new items to fast making it harder for them to spend more time on items making it harder to create the beautiful things we have gotten in the past.

How do you feel about the colour trends lately?
Some of them are nice but others are odd looking. It's almost like they just originally make the item in white so they can tint it different colours all they want.

Is nothing sacred anymore?
Ever since they started re-releasing limited items [angelic halo] nothing has the guarantee to be sacred or rare anymore.

I would like to add that I have worked my butt off to be where I am today. I have in the past spent £5-6 here or there on Gaia but ever since it has become such a push to spend I have not. Unless they decided to do another charity item I probably will not be spending my hard earned money here until some things change. I'm not saying they have to stop releasing new items altogether but perhaps they should space the releases farther apart that way the quality of the items is better. Same with the gold generators. The economy and marketplace have has almost no time to cool down and deflate almost like They saw this coming and figured if everything was inflated beyond reason people would have no choice but to spend real life money on the site if they ever want a shot at the items they so desperately want.  

Strawberry Dinotart

Adorable Strawberry

29,075 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

YubiYubii

Prodigal Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:15 pm
Hiya.
So I don't think I will choose to log out for the whole week 15-21June but I could do the 15th
Will there be a guild announcement to remind us? ❤

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:15 pm
Darius Runan
Happy Monday and Happy birthday.

Happy to be a part of staff. I'll do my best.
congrats 3nodding  

Cerulean Miko

Blessed Warrior

Cerulean Miko

Blessed Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:17 pm
Princess Zelda21
Well happy Monday everyone. I thought for sure they'd cool it on the stupid, nearly over-sexualized items by now! When are they going to stop with the recolors, bundles, Gold Generators and those annoying Cash Shop sales announcements? I think they're overdoing it and not giving much focus to everything else that needs a desperate update, like the manga or some other important part of the site. On a side note, today is officially my birthday. sweatdrop
happy birthday! yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:57 pm
ChengLii
Hiya.
So I don't think I will choose to log out for the whole week 15-21June but I could do the 15th

Absolutely! This event actually wasn't created by our guild but I'll put out an announcement anyway.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

YubiYubii

Prodigal Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:15 pm
xx I met my fate xx
ChengLii
Hiya.

Absolutely! This event actually wasn't created by our guild but I'll put out an announcement anyway.

Great! Thanks ❤

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:22 pm
While I like most of the poses and such, the colors are nasty
The pink spill I think could've been better with flailing arms...which it doesn't have -.-"  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:26 pm
Kegokec

I would also like to bring up the "Punishing Luxuria" items and all the other recolors for it. I was wandering around site feedback and saw people complaining about how they're getting warned and banned for using the item. (One girl used the hand pose with the mUltipants in "oops" pose and a blush)

Basically Gaia is creating these items that in themselves are NOT up to their PG-13 standard and then warning/banning users for using the poses. Which is probably why all the recolor announcements for it have featured male avatars. Because it clearly looks like a female touching herself just as a regular pose!

That's like saying users can't wear pink. And then releasing a bunch of pink shaded items. And then warning people for wearing them.

This right here is what really burns my tits off. Gaia releasing these vulgar poses and then scolding/warning/banning users for using them. I, myself, received a warning this past week for bringing all of this up in a (admittedly blatant) thread in Site Feedback. Little whore poses are designed to be utilized for that exact reason, and it's on Gaia staff and artists for making and selling them in the first place.

Also, to bring up Peg's point of the 20billion gold generator. I'm not surprised either, but I'm glad in my own little non-cash buying way because I've now managed to earn and sink that much gold without ever having spent a dime on this misguided venture of a site.

Also, Happy Birthday Princess Zelda, sweetheart! heart

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces