Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Exam] Fly Like an Eagle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kenner Baehl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:21 am
"Good work," Kenner said, not really paying all that much attention to what they were actually building. "I was told this place is called Pautha, but..." He shrugged. "I just go where I'm told and that could have been a lie." With a sharp inhale and a renewal of his grin, he continued his "instruction."

"It's time." He glanced at Alamea, adding, "And it'll stay time until you're done, don't worry. I kind of like it here, so I'll be sticking around until everyone's finished. So." He reached into his pocket, pulling out his flask, throwing it high into the air and catching it again when it fell. Not a moment later, a very large feathered reptile swooped down after it, pulling up short and winging back into the sky when it noticed its shiny was already gone.

"I don't know what those things are called either. All I know is that they have very good eyesight and they like to play. They won't eat you or anything, but they will knock your pretty little flying machines out of the sky if they notice you." Reaching into his pocket once more, he retrieved a worn scrap of paper and handed it around to the ghouls.

User Image

"You're looking for one of these. They should be near the top where those lizard-birds are keeping their hoard. Bring one back, you pass." He didn't mention that they would advance regardless, but that was mostly because he wanted the items for himself.

"Oh. I almost forgot." Kenner reached into the outer pocket of his bag and pulled out three folded up pairs of pants. "These are parachute pants. They'll get you back down here without dissipating if anything bad happens."

"Whenever you're ready."

Quote:
FLY MY PRETTIES

It's time to run the sky gauntlet and bring back a symbol of your awesomeness. Those lizard-birds aren't going to make it easy, however. You will be taking two hits before you reach your goal, and depending on how hard they are, they might ground you before you get there.

Roll 2d6. The first die corresponds to the attribute that has taken a hit.

1, 2: Size
3, 4: Weight
5, 6: Appearance

The second die is how much that attribute has been hit for, which you will subtract from the HP you gave that attribute in the last round. If any attribute reaches or falls below zero, your aircraft is destroyed before you can retrieve anything and your parachute pants deliver you safely back to the ground. You must do this twice in two different posts. attribute

Don't change your assigned HP values from the last round. i'm watching u

If you have any questions, ask!

Huni Pi

Zee Oddwyn

kuumeii
Don't worry about moving on, when you get here just do both parts and I will be here for youuuuu <3

Huni Pi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 pm
Wordlessly, Ruth took the pants and listened and observed and studied. What she studied were her surroundings, her environment, her target, and her adversaries. She spent a few moments simply watching the way the reptillian-avians soared and dipped and the beating of their wings before securing herself to the kite and turning on the motorized fan.

There was a loud hum as the blades turned and a gust formed, lifting her off the ground little by little until she was completely airborne. The lizard-birds gave a cry as the reaper reached their territory and tried to knock her out of the sky. Instincts caused the paranoia agent's natural ability to manifest, the edges of the kite blurring and distorting into uneven shapes. Had she not done so, it was possible the lizard-birds would have caused more damage. Thankfully the kite held together and Ruth angled herself towards the nests.

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
Huni Pi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-12)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:09 pm
The sheer size of the kite was threatening the creatures, not that Ruth could blame them, the plan specified the bigger the better. But it was lightweight and the cables she used were strong enough to take the beating from both the sky-predators as well as the branches of the trees as she landed in the nest with less finesse than she would have liked.

She wasted no time scooping up the bottle and gliding back down to where her fellow examinees were. She held the prize out to their proctor expectantly, her face a careful neutral, though the jackhammering of her heart would have betrayed her excitement.

This meant she passed, didn't it? She met the requirements to advance as a Knob, didn't she?

Kenner Baehl

Zee Oddwyn rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:58 pm
Canon listened raptly as the Professor explained just what they would be doing with these flying contraptions, and goggled at the strange creature that dove down towards the flask. She couldn't wait to go see one of them up close!

With the explanation finished, Canon watched as Ruth took flight in her kite-contraption, then looked over the schematic for her winged-rocket-backpack, and firmly pressed a button on her controls. With a cough and a lurch, the rockets ignited, and the wings began to beat, going faster and faster until they were a blur. Canon's feet lifted off the ground! It worked! She was flying!

She gave the rockets more throttle, and off she buzzed into the sky!

Now, the thing about metallic contraptions: very shiny. Canon was a bright, happy little beacon in the sky, and the lizard things were all too happy to investigate.

Three of the things dove out of the blue, and began circling her. Canon was delighted, and slowed her speed so she could watch them loop around her. Then, something bumped her. Canon quickly caught the backpack before it sent her spinning out of control, and turned to see what had happened. Something bumped into her again. Before she had corrected her flight, something else bumped her, and Canon finally caught a glimpse of the lizard thing darting away. Another one took its place, knocking her in a different direction!

Canon laughed, realizing that the things were playing with the backpack like some flying hacky-sack. It was rather disorienting being attached to the hacky-sack, but fun! Until she fell out of the straps, anyways. The schematics had been meant for an adult humanoid, not a petite ghoul like Canon, and all the knocking around loosened the straps holding her in.

As the provided parachute pants flared around her, Canon could only watch as the lizard things flew away with her backpack.  

Zee Oddwyn

Tenacious Bookworm

Kenner Baehl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm
He thought about lying in the sun and taking a nap, but as soon as Ruth lifted off, Kenner was awake and watching, grinning widely when she touched down with his bottle a short time later.

"Thank you very much... B. Ruth," he said, peeking at a smudged list of names scribbled on his hand. He took her prize from her with a great deal of care, resting it in the grass behind him before extending his hand. "You're a Knob now. Feel any different?"

Fairly certain she wouldn't answer given her track record, he turned to watch Canon land, his hand still aimed at Ruth. "Good try, good try," he said, smiling at the skark as well. "Guess what? You're a Knob too." He would just have to figure out another way to get that junk out of the tree.

"I'd give you both pins if I had any. Instead I'll just update your files. And you can keep the pants."

User ImageUser Image

Quote:
YOU ARE DONE!

Feel free to RP more or exit back through the tree! Either way, Canon and Ruth are Knobs! KNOB FORTH.

Huni Pi
Zee Oddwyn
canon noooooo ;;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:10 pm
And Kenner would be correct in his assumption. Ruth said nothing even as she grasped the extended hand in a firm, confident shake. She was grinning ear to ear now, even if she didn't feel all that different from being a Snot, she was going to act otherwise. She did, however, give Canon a conciliatory pat on her back followed by a thumb's up sign.

Kenner Baehl

Zee Oddwyn

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff