Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:22 pm
0Ul
I've done nothing more than waste my time here only to end up regarded as nothing more than a piece of s**t on the bottom Gaia Staff shoes.

Some times I feel the same way too cry

emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:25 pm
Pwnder
0Ul
I've done nothing more than waste my time here only to end up regarded as nothing more than a piece of s**t on the bottom Gaia Staff shoes.

emotion_hug

I really hate to hear that from you of all people. I also can't believe you didn't get the invite to Loyal's Bazaar. This place really breaks my heart sometimes, and rather than enjoying my time here, I end up sad and feeling like that s**t on the bottom of Gaia Staff shoes. crying

emotion_hug  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

Cranberry-Conundrum

Fanatical Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:56 pm
Gaia in the last couple months has really made me feel sick. Monthly collectibles go for 20mil. No wait, now it's 60mil because of the latest wave of Make it Rains.
Just 20mil alone represents a 100 times increase of the going rate for monthly collectibles since this time last year.
When does it stop? There's no signs of it stopping right? How about another 100times for next year? (we couldn't have comprehended it last spring, but here we are now) That means items that cost $2.50 could go for 2 billion gold.

Gaia is more important to me than just items, I met all my best friends on here, including my wife. But it's... hard to put into words how it feels when I can't afford gaia cash the least bit, and you've got these kids having a huge dress up party. You feel really left out. On top of that, gaia's features are always neglected, so as much as I can try to tell myself there is more to gaia than items, is there really, as far as gaia is concerned?
Yes, there are great people on gaia, but a lot of them are leaving, and there are always great people in other places as well.

As far as this guild is concerned, I'm trying to be active myself. I'm just now meeting most of you lately, but in all honesty I am incredibly shy and rather depressed lately. I'm not going to get into this big thing about my life outside gaia, but it's getting heavy. Maybe I need another hiatus from gaia..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 pm
0Ul
Pwnder
0Ul

emotion_hug

I really hate to hear that from you of all people. I also can't believe you didn't get the invite to Loyal's Bazaar. This place really breaks my heart sometimes, and rather than enjoying my time here, I end up sad and feeling like that s**t on the bottom of Gaia Staff shoes. crying

emotion_hug

Who said that I didn't get an invite? I'm totally confused because I did though....weird.

I'm sure that a lot of us feel the same way though, thing is I just won't let them scrape me off that shoe and I like them smelling the stink everywhere they walk wink

So many years spent here questing and playing and just enjoying the environment. Never thought that it would turn out like this. I always felt like one of the Mario Kart players in the middle who couldn't get into first place, but never fell into last but had fun playing anyway. Then Gaia turns me into a Bullet Bill and I get forced into first place, only to be constantly shot at with Winged Turtle Shells.

Gaia is the dude that erased all my saved game data making me have to start all over, only half-heartedly gonk

I dunno what I'm talking about.....I just, know how you feel  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:25 pm
0Ul

It greatly disturbs me to hear you of all people talking like that.

It drives home just how bad things have gotten...and it saddens me.
I'm sorry that we're not doing all we can...I really am.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:12 pm
Is it just me, or is this ATG even slower than the previous ones?  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:35 am
I checked out Loyal's Bizarre. Some of the items are reasonable but as for those nightmare scarfs and headphones and wings recolors.... GOOD LORD! eek And I thought Denrir Cri was pricy. Up to 10m gold is ridiculous! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:12 am
Tanooki John
I checked out Loyal's Bizarre. Some of the items are reasonable but as for those nightmare scarfs and headphones and wings recolors.... GOOD LORD! eek And I thought Denrir Cri was pricy. Up to 10m gold is ridiculous! gonk
Chyaku recolors are 50m
I'm questing them on my alt
Gold sink attempt is nice, but the need to stop the gold generators, too
Otherwise what's the point  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 am
Tanooki John

Sadly, it's really not anymore.
10mil is pretty much nothing now. It will get you only items that have come out in recent rigs and unpopular items.

It's very sad but it's true.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:07 am
Pwnder

You should see this: http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:22 am
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder

You should see this: http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

All so true and again with the lab rat model. I've read several articles containing the same information too. I've found myself addicted to a few small games before, but the luster always wore off quick when I either reached the end or found that it was ridiculous that I had to spend money to get anywhere, Candy Crush anyone? I saw through that game real quick, also there was really no expertise or skill required for that game, just blind luck really so that didn't even make me interested.

I really enjoyed how they compared diamonds to virtual goods though. I always thought diamonds were a pointless object to waste money on. Never had an interest.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:25 am
Wasn't there someone in our last ATG trying to reason that the MP and account caps won't / might not effect inflation? That was like a week ago? 2 weeks ago? Now look at the MP graph gonk

Some people just. don't. get. it.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:26 am
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder

All so true and again with the lab rat model. I've read several articles containing the same information too. I've found myself addicted to a few small games before, but the luster always wore off quick when I either reached the end or found that it was ridiculous that I had to spend money to get anywhere, Candy Crush anyone? I saw through that game real quick, also there was really no expertise or skill required for that game, just blind luck really so that didn't even make me interested.

I really enjoyed how they compared diamonds to virtual goods though. I always thought diamonds were a pointless object to waste money on. Never had an interest.

I like candy crush to SOME degree. I've never spent a dime and therefore I've never gone very far.
I did notice that their "Suggested moves" are always the ones that will waste your turn and make you have to pay for an upgrade if yo udon't wanna fail.

Yeah no thanks. Not paying a dime for some dumb game on my kindle!

Besides, the disney frozen version of the game is way better and doesn't really press you to buy anything. XD

But yeah, that article made me go "Huh. Maybe people are noticing it on other sites soooo" and since one of my friends writes for cracked...I thought I'd see if he'd be willing to "step into a gaian's shoes" for a week or so and write about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:58 am
I'm around.. Kinda.. Though this is my first post, I've been reading every ATG and posts for a while now.
And tbh I couldn't agree more with you guys.. I recently joined gaia again after 2-3 years break... And oh god, this is not the gaia I once knew. It breaks my heart since I met my bestfriend on this site, And to think that I would discouraged him to return to this website..
Sure I love all the new cute avatars, but the price is seriously not worth it. And.. all.. the ... ********.. spam announcements.
I log in basicly every day, and every day... there's like 10 new announcements with the same thing..

I wish I could be more of help, but not sure what I can do. I've signed all the petitions.. So now I'm just here.. Stalking the posts ninja  

Captain fluffy butts

Generous Kicker

10,725 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Cerulean Miko

Blessed Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 am
I feel the same about everything as the majority of you...that's why I choose not to post too often. I am still hoping and praying for things to get better on this site.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff