Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Group Practice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:55 pm
I was talking with a friend of mine, and had a thought about groups and why I might like to be involved with one. It can be nice to do things that are not specifically religious with a group of people with somewhat similar beliefs. My friend just got back from a trip to help with things in New Orleans- through Campus Crusade, a multi-denomination Christian group here. Since I used to participate in a lot of the Baptist youth group activities, I'd have no problem accepting the invite from my friend to go on the next of these trips if I have time. But at the same time, I thought it would be nice to see the same thing happening with other groups, too. I know that there's no similar interfaith pagan group anywhere around here, and it is not generally the kind of thing I see. It just might be nice to have.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:37 pm
I'm a huge fan of the Coven way for myself. I've been involved in all kinds of Pagan groups that have run the gamut from being nightmarish to family-like. I feel that a good Coven is very selective about who they might let into their family. After all, any group of more than one person can have the possibility of drama! I didn't avoid marriage just because I hate arguements, and I'm glad I chose not to shun Coven work due to the possibility of passions running high in a chosen family. Covens are NOT for everyone.

Public Pagan events? Eh, I regard them in the same way that I regard company picnics. They're optional, but sometimes the food and entertainment can be worth withstanding a few annoying folks. MInd you, I even once led a Pagan student group that held Public events. Running those things was like herding cats. That was an unpleasant experience that I don't plan to repeat anytime soon.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas