36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Izzy Said Rawr
Princess Zelda21

RS Sailor Pink

By catch it mean either have him quote you or find a post of his that has a valid link. Meaning his grant links expire (much like the egg links in Easter last year.)

This is the event Item Lucky Rainbow
User Image
I don't have a fresh link so I can't give you one but I hope this helps.

That's not the only free item for St. Patrick's day! Here's the other one in case you missed it! Here you go!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:53 pm
Excelscia
Is it possible that there is jealousy here over people who can afford to buy gaia cash? There are alot of affordable things on gaia still to appreciate than to just call them junk.
the announcements are rediculous i agree. its getting out of hand and needs to be dealt with.
I see people dressed here with fancy items or expensive items so are they buying gc too but come here to complain about it? or are they just really smart at shopping?
If some are really smart at shopping without using GC i suggest making a thread about it and giving us hints and tips on how to buy from gaia without using GC. I think that would be an effective way for us to stop using GC.
I wouldnt mind offering a few tips. and i dont have all that many I am sure there are alot of smart gaians out here in the community to offer suggestions as well. It would be a proactive thing to do.

Well, it's all about being able to buy and sell items as smart as possible.
It's all about anticipating the Marketplace and utilize it to be your best friend, not your worst enemy.
I used to be dirt poor until I learn few tricks from my exchanger friend and I bought few items and saved them until there was an opportunity to sell them at an inflated price and then buy few other items that are deflated then keep them until they get inflated. Rinse and repeat.
My exchanger friend likes to say this "there's always a new sucker signing on every 5 minutes" - I don't like that saying but interpret it what you like.  

RS Sailor Pink

Friendly Sailor

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:56 pm
Excelscia
Is it possible that there is jealousy here over people who can afford to buy gaia cash? There are alot of affordable things on gaia still to appreciate than to just call them junk.
the announcements are rediculous i agree. its getting out of hand and needs to be dealt with.
I see people dressed here with fancy items or expensive items so are they buying gc too but come here to complain about it? or are they just really smart at shopping?
If some are really smart at shopping without using GC i suggest making a thread about it and giving us hints and tips on how to buy from gaia without using GC. I think that would be an effective way for us to stop using GC.
I wouldnt mind offering a few tips. and i dont have all that many I am sure there are alot of smart gaians out here in the community to offer suggestions as well. It would be a proactive thing to do.

I can afford I mean before the cash pushes I'd buy each REI and Ei that came out that fit my liking.As well as Mc's and Bundles. So yea no jealousy here.
I call the cash shop things Junk because the Quality on some of these items are just so poorly done Especially the recolors. If they produced better items I would't be calling it junk.
And most of the Announcements are for gold Generators and those things are quite disgusting and the lowest most vile thing gaia sells.
Most of my expensive item I earned by playing zomg/booty grab for hours before the inflation hit others I got as gifts form friends leaving gaia.
My tips for earning gold are just playing zomg.
Alot of others have gotten stuff by selling items they had that got inflated.
Though that thread thing does sound like a good idea
NOT EVERYONE BUYS STUFF WITH CASH.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:00 pm
Princess Zelda21
Izzy Said Rawr
Princess Zelda21

RS Sailor Pink

By catch it mean either have him quote you or find a post of his that has a valid link. Meaning his grant links expire (much like the egg links in Easter last year.)

User Image

That's not the only free item for St. Patrick's day! Here's the other one in case you missed it! Here you go!

Thank you <3  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:39 pm
Excelscia
Is it possible that there is jealousy here over people who can afford to buy gaia cash?

For me, it's not jealousy, but resentment, and a bit of pity. You see, I could buy Gaia Cash if I were still naive enough to do so, but it just so happens that I have a life and I go outdoors on a regular basis, and I also happen to have a job like many others. I work hard for my money, as many others do, and I CHOOSE to NOT buy Gaia cash for two main reasons:

1. I have better things to spend my money on than pixels that are completely and absolutely worthless, especially when Gaia ends up putting itself out of business.

2. I wouldn't spend money with a company (ANY company) that shows such blatant disregard and indifference towards its customers. Buying Gaia Cash now sends a very clear message to Gaia that "Oh yeah. We're just fine with everything you're doing. Just keep items inflated in the MP before they deflate and then inflate again so that I can have more gold to buy more pixels, and if I run out of gold, then I can just buy some. Thanks!" I don't endorse or agree much of anything that Gaia has done for countless months now, so I choose not to buy Gaia Cash to let them think that I do. Sadly, I believe I'm about one of ten even here in this guild that feel that way, but I won't be silenced or condemned, especially here in this guild.

So no, there's no jealousy on my part at all. Just a lot of resentment and pity toward those that still feel the need to throw money at an entity that they supposedly want to change via this "Revolution." JMHO, sweetcheeks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:53 pm
Izzy Said Rawr
Princess Zelda21
Izzy Said Rawr
Princess Zelda21

RS Sailor Pink

User Image

Thank you <3

You're very welcome darling! ^_^  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Black Dawn Rose

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:11 pm
I've accumulated many things without buying cash because I want Gaia to see that I refuse to support their greed. I've been on here for many years. Granted I used to buy the monthly collectibles but now I don't even do that via cash. With all of the money they get from their user base, I would think that they would be able to do the simplest of things in regards to site management. They've promised for how long to fix the guilds pages? Updates on more games that don't require gold or cash? I won't spend another cent until I see things done besides these silly recolor items.
The "Event" is another slap in the face to me and my loyalty. Am I the only one who remembers the AMAZING events that were spurred on by non holiday fun having? This is ridiculous! I've invested enough time and at one point money, into this site to be rewarded with at least the IMPROVEMENTS that have been promised over and over again! But what do I get? Silly raindrops and a pitiful little head rainbow? NO! This does not satisfy me at all and I HOPE a mod or anyone from corporate sees this! If they even moderate things like they are supposed to anymore!
*steps off the soap box*
Am I the only one feeling this strong about it?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:51 pm
++ Yeah the constant reminders about reminders for reminders is really
great and definitely adds to the enjoyment of this site...

I guess some things are better ignored.

Oh well. All in all, my Gaia week has been great.. wait.. I've hardly been on this week due to work.
Maybe that's the secret this whole time!? Nah nah jk. I'm really surprised with the 42 announcements.
The St. Patty's day event items kind of make me happy though. But I just like clover items in general.

I can't wait to see what will happen for Easter, however. It's just around the corner and I'm wondering what
kind of freakish events/sales/items will come out. And it'll be the perfect time to introduce another
event oriented goldsink if they can play it right. I'm really hoping for this, but I know not to get my hopes
too far up.

Sorry for my general absence. This will still be the case for the next two weeks as well. I have a huge
convention I'm going to thursday-sunday so I'll be way too drunk having too great a
time to be on. Then I move into my new house March 31st-April 6thish (somewhere around then so
I'll be too busy back and forth and organizing, painting, cleaning. But after that I'll be allll nice and settled
to completely waste my freetime to this site again (which honestly I'm looking forward to hahlol). I
think the guild will have a great time this summer, and I know finals will be rolling around for any
of you school-dwellers/college-goers so best of luck. Finals aren't that far away for a lot of you
am I right?

I think these past three weeks though have shown great general improvement. With the goldshop updates
that came out, and the DC shop updates from a week ago, I think it's a pretty good sign. It's very obvious
sales department is on a whole different schedule from the rest of the dev team. Anyway, Happy St. Patty's!
++

Quadropopilous

Rare

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:53 pm
0Ul
Excelscia
Is it possible that there is jealousy here over people who can afford to buy gaia cash?

For me, it's not jealousy, but resentment, and a bit of pity. You see, I could buy Gaia Cash if I were still naive enough to do so, but it just so happens that I have a life and I go outdoors on a regular basis, and I also happen to have a job like many others. I work hard for my money, as many others do, and I CHOOSE to NOT buy Gaia cash for two main reasons:

1. I have better things to spend my money on than pixels that are completely and absolutely worthless, especially when Gaia ends up putting itself out of business.

2. I wouldn't spend money with a company (ANY company) that shows such blatant disregard and indifference towards its customers. Buying Gaia Cash now sends a very clear message to Gaia that "Oh yeah. We're just fine with everything you're doing. Just keep items inflated in the MP before they deflate and then inflate again so that I can have more gold to buy more pixels, and if I run out of gold, then I can just buy some. Thanks!" I don't endorse or agree much of anything that Gaia has done for countless months now, so I choose not to buy Gaia Cash to let them think that I do. Sadly, I believe I'm about one of ten even here in this guild that feel that way, but I won't be silenced or condemned, especially here in this guild.

So no, there's no jealousy on my part at all. Just a lot of resentment and pity toward those that still feel the need to throw money at an entity that they supposedly want to change via this "Revolution." JMHO, sweetcheeks.

Fate Says:
This, exactly this.

You see my account? My avi isn't some newbish creation of someone with no gold, is it?
I have not purchased Gaia Cash since...well probably since 2009 or '10 at the latest. Even then I purchased no more than 10-15 dollars a month because why spend more than that on stupid pixels. Anyone who does ____________________________ This comment has been censored because people are ridiculously oversensitive.

Everything I own on this account, I earned. I sold art, I wrote, I played games, I made friends, I quested and worked my a** off for it. Anyone else can do what I did and I'll help them. I spend most of my time on Gaia now helping people to do exactly that. There is NO reason to turn to Gcash.

Now? I'm married with a toddler. I work 40+ hours per week to make my money and ten dollars is an hour of work. I'm not going to give that to a company that blatantly disrespects me and every other user who logs in.

You want to buy Gcash? FINE, but don't claim to actually care about the revolution. (This comment has been edited to save some precious baby feelings.)

No one who willingly gives money to this corrupt BUSINESS, for that's all it is now, has any right to claim they truly care enough to be part of a revolution. I'm sorry but it's all or nothing.

I love gaia. I love this site and I have loved it since 2004. I love the friends I've made on it and even the ones I've lost.

I don't love the business behind it. I don't love the suits who wipe their asses with our money and I'm not putting mine on the roll for them.

Make no mistake, the money they make doesn't go to the site or new features. It lines pockets.
----------------------------------------

Please Note

My personal opinion as stated in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this guild or the rest of its staff. If you are offended please come to me directly.

I swear I don't bite.

Unless you're an idiot, in which case I will ******** rip your face off with my teeth. Figuratively of course.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:10 pm
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
Excelscia

Fate Says:
This, exactly this.

You see my account? My avi isn't some newbish creation of someone with no gold, is it?
I have not purchased Gaia Cash since...well probably since 2009 or '10 at the latest. Even then I purchased no more than 10-15 dollars a month because why spend more than that on stupid pixels. (Comment here censored to save baby feelings.)

Everything I own on this account, I earned. I sold art, I wrote, I played games, I made friends, I quested and worked my a** off for it. Anyone else can do what I did and I'll help them. I spend most of my time on Gaia now helping people to do exactly that. There is NO reason to turn to Gcash.

Now? I'm married with a toddler. I work 40+ hours per week to make my money and ten dollars is an hour of work. I'm not going to give that to a company that blatantly disrespects me and every other user who logs in.

You want to buy Gcash? FINE, but (This comment has been removed to save baby feelings.)

No one who willingly gives money to this corrupt BUSINESS, for that's all it is now, has any right to claim they truly care enough to be part of a revolution. It's all or nothing.

I love gaia. I love this site and I have loved it since 2004. I love the friends I've made on it and even the ones I've lost.

I don't love the business behind it. I don't love the suits who wipe their asses with our money and I'm not putting mine on the roll for them.

Make no mistake, the money they make doesn't go to the site or new features. It lines pockets.

Please Note

My personal opinion as stated in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this guild or the rest of its staff. If you are offended please come to me directly.

I swear I don't bite.

Unless you're an idiot, in which case I will ******** rip your face off with my teeth. Figuratively of course.

Yep, this is pretty much it. I got my items by questing and arting and just being a nice person. It wasn't even that I necessarily saw them being worn by cash users and went "HOMG WAAAAANT" I would just browse items on the market and go "Oh hey, this looks kinda neat! I wanna check it out!"

There was a time a while ago, when EIs first came out, that I purchased my one and only gaia cash card because I still genuinely supported them. I was in highschool at the time though. Now I'm in college, that money goes into college. I'd rather buy art supplies, or an extra cup of coffee, as opposed to cash for a bunch of pixels on a site that cares very little for its users. I'm not just talking the gaia gold community. Look at what they've done to cash users too. I'm surprised anyone still buys gaia cash after the treatment of its userbase.  

kujjles

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:24 pm
0Ul
Excelscia

*Phantom tips.* emotion_brofist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:38 pm
Izzy Said Rawr

No issues my day today was pretty relaxed as should most my Mondays here out with exceptions of emergency and such.
Also yea I listed it under the gold shop rig Because that what it was.(Its there with a Link to the Announcement) I'll try and hunt down another link for you and quote you with it.

Edit - here is one I don't know if it will work or not.
[NPC] Odanodan
Are ye feelin' lucky, punk? 'Cause I sure am! Lucky

Princess Zelda21

Thanks for the event item links! heart  

Mistress of Marionettes

Feral Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:05 pm
xx I met my fate xx

Fate Says:
This, exactly this.

I have not purchased Gaia Cash since...well probably since 2009 or '10 at the latest. Even then I purchased no more than 10-15 dollars a month because why spend more than that on stupid pixels. Anyone who does is an idiot. (Every offense intended to anyone who spends more than that here on Gaia. You deserve to be called stupid)

You want to buy Gcash? FINE, but AND THIS OPINION IS ONLY MY PERSONAL OPINION AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF THE GUILD OR ITS STAFF get the ******** out of this guild.

No one who willingly gives money to this corrupt BUSINESS, for that's all it is now, has any right to claim they truly care enough to be part of a revolution. They're just pathetic sheep like the idiots who bought the halos for a grand.

Please Note

I swear I don't bite.

THIS sums up how I feel as well. Thank you for coming right out and saying it in no uncertain terms because it's reached the point where it needs to be said!! Thank you!

This guild and its original stated cause and intent are that of a true REVOLUTION, yet I'm seeing more and more of this "Oh, it's okay to buy Gaia Cash now and then. In moderation, of course. Tee hee hee." Well guess what?

IT IS NOT OKAY!!!

Not if one keeps up the pretense of wanting any kind of CHANGE!

It is NOT okay now and then. It is NOT okay to do it when someone sees no other way to "earn" the pretties they want. It is NOT okay to do it when one has a little bitty pitty moment of weakness.

Why?

Because buying Gaia Cash is EXACTLY what Gaia is wanting us to do. Buying GC is the cause of all the announcements we have four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, TEN times a DAY!! Buying GC is the cause of the inflation everyone bitches about. Buying GC is the cause of the DE-flation others b***h about. Buying GC is the cause and the very REASON behind the gold generators everyone now blames as being the culprit.

Does anyone really have any question as to the culprit behind the problems that brought all of us to this guild in the first place?

To anyone reading this: Have you bought Gaia Cash in the past six months?

Then look in the damn mirror because YOU have helped add to the problem. The very problems we all voice our concerns with right here in this guild.

If anyone reading this doesn't like what I have to say, that's just fine by me, but I'm speaking some truths here: When you buy Gaia Cash, you are giving a big fat ******** THUMBS UP to Gaia for everything it's doing: Right down to ignoring us, treating us like garbage, cancelling ATA, releasing gold generators and everything else.

I have a clear conscious knowing that I'm NOT a part of the problem here, but I'm certainly going to do everything I can to have my voice heard to be a part of the solution, or I'm going to go down fighting. HARD.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm
I love you guys <3 And I agree all the way.
I haven't bought cash in a long time. I admit to doing cash offers to get my zomg power ups, Mc's and Monthly birth item (this year is streaks)
I think buying cash is wrong. But I support the offers system.
And if no one likes that I do that then I am quite sorry.
Any who besides that uh I agree.  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:35 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

Fate Says:
This, exactly this.

I have not purchased Gaia Cash since...well probably since 2009 or '10 at the latest. Even then I purchased no more than 10-15 dollars a month because why spend more than that on stupid pixels. Anyone who does is an idiot. (Every offense intended to anyone who spends more than that here on Gaia. You deserve to be called stupid)

You want to buy Gcash? FINE, but AND THIS OPINION IS ONLY MY PERSONAL OPINION AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF THE GUILD OR ITS STAFF get the ******** out of this guild.

No one who willingly gives money to this corrupt BUSINESS, for that's all it is now, has any right to claim they truly care enough to be part of a revolution. They're just pathetic sheep like the idiots who bought the halos for a grand.

Please Note

I swear I don't bite.

THIS sums up how I feel as well. Thank you for coming right out and saying it in no uncertain terms because it's reached the point where it needs to be said!! Thank you!

This guild and its original stated cause and intent are that of a true REVOLUTION, yet I'm seeing more and more of this "Oh, it's okay to buy Gaia Cash now and then. In moderation, of course. Tee hee hee." Well guess what?

IT IS NOT OKAY!!!

Not if one keeps up the pretense of wanting any kind of CHANGE!

It is NOT okay now and then. It is NOT okay to do it when someone sees no other way to "earn" the pretties they want. It is NOT okay to do it when one has a little bitty pitty moment of weakness.

Why?

Because buying Gaia Cash is EXACTLY what Gaia is wanting us to do. Buying GC is the cause of all the announcements we have four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, TEN times a DAY!! Buying GC is the cause of the inflation everyone bitches about. Buying GC is the cause of the DE-flation others b***h about. Buying GC is the cause and the very REASON behind the gold generators everyone now blames as being the culprit.

Does anyone really have any question as to the culprit behind the problems that brought all of us to this guild in the first place?

To anyone reading this: Have you bought Gaia Cash in the past six months?

Then look in the damn mirror because YOU have helped add to the problem. The very problems we all voice our concerns with right here in this guild.

If anyone reading this doesn't like what I have to say, that's just fine by me, but I'm speaking some truths here: When you buy Gaia Cash, you are giving a big fat ******** THUMBS UP to Gaia for everything it's doing: Right down to ignoring us, treating us like garbage, cancelling ATA, releasing gold generators and everything else.

I have a clear conscious knowing that I'm NOT a part of the problem here, but I'm certainly going to do everything I can to have my voice heard to be a part of the solution, or I'm going to go down fighting. HARD.

Plus as much as people seem to have forgotten or perhaps just didn't know...

The original premise of this guild was anti gaia-cash. Not completely mind you, the original founder (Whose username not so incidentally was GC Revolt) believed that Gaia cash should not be obliterated but that it was important to abstain from purchasing to remind gaia that the site should never revolve around it.

Do I think GCash is inherently bad? NO. I don't. I think in its early years it was AWESOME. That's why I was okay with buying it then.

Do I think we should be purchasing it now? NO. Absolutely not. For any reason. In any amount.

Am I okay with cash offers/cash tree? YES. Those things are fine, they are a way to get the cash you want to buy the pretties without giving a greedy corporation your money.

Do I think it could change and that I'll ever be okay with buying gcash again? Yes and no. I personally will NEVER spend another Dime on Gaia. If Gaia went pay to subscribe tomorrow I would bid you all a fond adieu. However, if they shape up and get their act together, other people can start buying again and I won't be pissy about it.

And...DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE BY THEIR AVIS. That pisses me off.

I'm really damn gaia rich. People assume that because I've got this (in my humble opinion) GORGEOUS avi that I must spend gc. I don't.

Just because someone is wearing gc items doesn't mean they buy GC.  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff