View Results

SL33PY X3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:39 pm
Knight Yoshi
CR-SL33PY
Knight Yoshi
Kangit
Pwnder
I've been using Stylish 1.4.2 for Firefox to center Gaia and guilds along with Flashblock and FirefoxAdKiller to get rid of the stuff I see all around. The cash tree doesn't bother me at all and the announcement bubble just serves to remind me of how often things are occurring around here no matter how fast I choose to click through them.

I haven't found a good Adblock code for the announcements anyway. Either you block just the link to the announcements, which wouldn't be noticeable if you have any other notices, but otherwise will just leave an empty bubble (which can't be cleared unless you go through the announcements), or you just block the entire notification bubble, which means you can't see any of your notices through that method (PMs, My Gaia notices and requests, Staff Notices, etc.).

Because you won't find a "good Adblock code." Adblock Plus removes elements from the page. So when you remove the announcements notification, if there are no other notifications it'll just leave an empty notification bubble.
I have remedied this with a UserScript and a Firefox add-on I'm working on for Gaia.
See a previous post for the UserScript, http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.91444269_4/#4

this does not affect guild announcements right? or does it?

It shouldn't. They should use different class tags, so it should only announcements.

cool
im going to install it then , ty for the script  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 pm
CR-SL33PY
Knight Yoshi
CR-SL33PY
Knight Yoshi
Kangit
Pwnder
I've been using Stylish 1.4.2 for Firefox to center Gaia and guilds along with Flashblock and FirefoxAdKiller to get rid of the stuff I see all around. The cash tree doesn't bother me at all and the announcement bubble just serves to remind me of how often things are occurring around here no matter how fast I choose to click through them.

I haven't found a good Adblock code for the announcements anyway. Either you block just the link to the announcements, which wouldn't be noticeable if you have any other notices, but otherwise will just leave an empty bubble (which can't be cleared unless you go through the announcements), or you just block the entire notification bubble, which means you can't see any of your notices through that method (PMs, My Gaia notices and requests, Staff Notices, etc.).

Because you won't find a "good Adblock code." Adblock Plus removes elements from the page. So when you remove the announcements notification, if there are no other notifications it'll just leave an empty notification bubble.
I have remedied this with a UserScript and a Firefox add-on I'm working on for Gaia.
See a previous post for the UserScript, http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.91444269_4/#4

this does not affect guild announcements right? or does it?

It shouldn't. They should use different class tags, so it should only announcements.

cool
im going to install it then , ty for the script

I just confirmed that it does not interfere with guild announcements.  

Knight Yoshi

Skilled Genius

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:31 pm
Been playing around in Towns 1 for a bit, looking for rare bugs and items, and I've found a few Adblock codes that make collecting in Towns 1 a lot more profitable if you block the items you don't want, then whitelist the ones you do want. With these methods, it seems more profitable to collect in Towns 1 than play zOMG!, Booty Grab, or Switchem, and at the same time, doesn't add any gold to the economy.

I've mainly only included the items that are worth the most in the Marketplace, namely Old Crumpled Newspapers and Blue Carnations. Each Old Crumpled Newspaper (which become relatively common during Gaia's dawn and dusk) is worth about 50,000g currently.

Even though I haven't found a working code that blocks the obstacles that can hide trash and flowers (other than those small brown bulletin boards), I did find one that allows you to walk through houses, which can save a lot of time when collecting.

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/trash/trash_*.swf

This code prevents all paper trash, Old Cans, and Old Boots from showing up.

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/flowers/daisy_*.swf

This code prevents any daisies from showing up.

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/flowers/daffodil_*.swf

This code prevents any daffodils from showing up.

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/flowers/carnation_*.swf

This code prevents any carnations from showing up.

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/structures/bulletin.swf

This code prevents the bulletin signs from showing up.

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/house/barton_mask/*.swf

This code allows you to walk through houses. This only applies to houses, and they still remain visible.

@@||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/trash/trash_2a.swf

This code allows Old Crumpled Newspapers to show up, even when other trash is blocked.

@@||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/flowers/carnation_3.swf

This code allows Blue Carnations to show up, even when other flowers are blocked.

Edit:

Found the codes for all of the common bugs.

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/beetle_1_1.swf
Red Beetle

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/beetle_1_2.swf
Brown Beetle

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/beetle_1_3.swf
Blue Beetle

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/butterfly_1_1.swf
Red Butterfly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/butterfly_1_2.swf
Yellow Butterfly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/butterfly_1_3.swf
Blue Butterfly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/cicada_1_1.swf
Cicada

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/dragonfly_1_1.swf
Red Dragonfly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/dragonfly_1_2.swf
Green Dragonfly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/dragonfly_1_3.swf
Blue Dragonfly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/fly_1_1.swf
Red Fly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/fly_1_2.swf
House Fly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/fly/fly_1_3.swf
Firefly

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/ground/hopper_1_1.swf
Cricket

||gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/ground/hopper_1_2.swf
Grasshopper  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:47 am
Kangit

On your towns codes. You think there is a code to remove the, trees, houses, bushes and rocks too? I've noticed that some times that items are hiding behind the big canopies of the trees and homes where we can't see or click properly.

Also, I need a short lesson on how to install those codes for towns two. I have both the add ons but I'm not quite sure where or how to put them in. Filters?

*edit*

Figured it out already whee

Also I fiddled with the code and there doesn't seem to be anything that will removed any of those items sad  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 pm
Pwnder
Kangit

On your towns codes. You think there is a code to remove the, trees, houses, bushes and rocks too? I've noticed that some times that items are hiding behind the big canopies of the trees and homes where we can't see or click properly.

Also, I need a short lesson on how to install those codes for towns two. I have both the add ons but I'm not quite sure where or how to put them in. Filters?

I've been looking for a code to remove the trees and houses, but I haven't found anything. All I've found is the one to remove the bulletin boards and one that allows you to walk through houses. I think I've spent at least 2 or 3 hours looking through the forums and testing various codes, but none have worked so far. Whenever I block something that looks like it could work, it just comes up with an error so I have to reload. Since it would make hunting for stuff too easy, they probably did that on purpose (but then why does blocking the common items to pinpoint the rare ones work...?).

Luckily, I haven't seen any items completely hidden by the bushes, rocks, or houses anyway. If they are behind them, they're almost always visible (with the exceptions of the Crickets, Grasshoppers, and Golden Legs, but they usually reappear pretty quickly). All of the flying bugs are layered over the trees, houses, rocks, and bushes, so you should always see them if they're onscreen. The trees are still a problem for the trash and flowers though (probably by design). But if you run your mouse cursor over the trees, you can see if there are any items behind them when the cursor changes. However, the cursor also changes if you run it over any nearby rocks, bushes, the lower part of the tree trunk, or your avatar, if you happen to be close enough (I recommend standing away from the tree when you "scan" it).

If you want to be more efficient, it looks like hidden items are considerably more common behind the trees on the northern part of the room, and if no part of the tree is cut off from being at the edge of the room. If any part of the tree is cut off, finding items behind it (at least with the codes I use) is pretty rare.

I've noticed the codes for Towns 1 don't apply to Towns 2, so I would have to find the Towns 2 specific ones.

On a semi-unrelated note, I think I've found a direct link to Towns 1 that bypasses those Crunchyroll ads:

http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/towns.swf?002

Not only that, it resizes to fit the available space, it's centered in the middle, and the extra space is black instead of white. From what I can tell, it still works like normal Towns 1.

And as one last note that I didn't mention yet, the time of day (shown in the upper right corner of the Towns screen) seems to determine the likelihood of which items/bugs appear. It doesn't match up with real time, and moves much faster. From what I can tell:

Dawn/Dusk (6 AM - 8 AM and 6 PM - 8 PM) seems to have the highest number of Old Crumpled Newspapers, and gold-wise is probably the best time to go item hunting. The main disadvantage is it's a very short time period, so I try to gather them as quickly as I can, often by being less thorough.

Night (8 PM - 6 AM) seems to be the second best gold-wise, as it has large numbers of Blue Carnations.

Day (8 AM - 6 PM) seems to be the worst time for finding the rare items I usually hunt for. However, bugs should still appear, and I believe I've heard it's also the only time of day that has Great Monarchs, which could balance it out (if it's true).  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:31 pm
Kangit
Pwnder
Kangit

I've been looking for a code to remove the trees and houses, but I haven't found anything. All I've found is the one to remove the bulletin boards and one that allows you to walk through houses. I think I've spent at least 2 or 3 hours looking through the forums and testing various codes, but none have worked so far. Whenever I block something that looks like it could work, it just comes up with an error so I have to reload. Since it would make hunting for stuff too easy, they probably did that on purpose (but then why does blocking the common items to pinpoint the rare ones work...?).

Luckily, I haven't seen any items completely hidden by the bushes, rocks, or houses anyway. If they are behind them, they're almost always visible (with the exceptions of the Crickets, Grasshoppers, and Golden Legs, but they usually reappear pretty quickly). All of the flying bugs are layered over the trees, houses, rocks, and bushes, so you should always see them if they're onscreen. The trees are still a problem for the trash and flowers though (probably by design). But if you run your mouse cursor over the trees, you can see if there are any items behind them when the cursor changes. However, the cursor also changes if you run it over any nearby rocks, bushes, the lower part of the tree trunk, or your avatar, if you happen to be close enough (I recommend standing away from the tree when you "scan" it).

If you want to be more efficient, it looks like hidden items are considerably more common behind the trees on the northern part of the room, and if no part of the tree is cut off from being at the edge of the room. If any part of the tree is cut off, finding items behind it (at least with the codes I use) is pretty rare.

I've noticed the codes for Towns 1 don't apply to Towns 2, so I would have to find the Towns 2 specific ones.

On a semi-unrelated note, I think I've found a direct link to Towns 1 that bypasses those Crunchyroll ads:

Not only that, it resizes to fit the available space, it's centered in the middle, and the extra space is black instead of white. From what I can tell, it still works like normal Towns 1.

And as one last note that I didn't mention yet, the time of day (shown in the upper right corner of the Towns screen) seems to determine the likelihood of which items/bugs appear. It doesn't match up with real time, and moves much faster. From what I can tell:

Dawn/Dusk (6 AM - 8 AM and 6 PM - 8 PM) seems to have the highest number of Old Crumpled Newspapers, and gold-wise is probably the best time to go item hunting. The main disadvantage is it's a very short time period, so I try to gather them as quickly as I can, often by being less thorough.

Night (8 PM - 6 AM) seems to be the second best gold-wise, as it has large numbers of Blue Carnations.

Day (8 AM - 6 PM) seems to be the worst time for finding the rare items I usually hunt for. However, bugs should still appear, and I believe I've heard it's also the only time of day that has Great Monarchs, which could balance it out (if it's true).

LOL

You had me so interested in this that I spent several hours myself trying to tweak the code and what not. If you try to remove anything else in the flash space it turns up an error code and won't load gonk
It was fun though and I learned a lot just tinkering around with it.

Most of the time I found the items hiding behind the trees are flowers and trash and I was hoping that those obstacles could be removed somehow, and I could walk through towns with no homes, trees, structures, bushes or rocks. That would be totally sweet cool

Anyway, you are right about the profits using your codes. I spent like 1 1/2 hours using the codes you provided collecting stuff and made 1 mil easy. I think I collected and sold 50 of the various bugs, flowers and trash to make that much. I even sold at below the ABP to do it. It's no a whole lot but it's potential is much more than it was this time last year, tbh.

Another good way to make fast profits is off of Refurbished Sheets. wink  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:27 pm
Pwnder
Kangit
Pwnder
Kangit

LOL

You had me so interested in this that I spent several hours myself trying to tweak the code and what not. If you try to remove anything else in the flash space it turns up an error code and won't load gonk

Most of the time I found the items hiding behind the trees are flowers and trash and I was hoping that those obstacles could be removed somehow, and I could walk through towns with no homes, trees, structures, bushes or rocks. That would be totally sweet cool

Anyway, you are right about the profits using your codes. I spent like 1 1/2 hours using the codes you provided collecting stuff and made 1 mil easy. I think I collected and sold 50 of the various bugs, flowers and trash to make that much. I even sold at below the ABP to do it. It's no a whole lot but it's potential is much more than it was this time last year, tbh.

Well, keeping the trees there kind of make it more like a game anyway, so oh well. cat_xp It would be interesting seeing a completely blank room though. cat_razz

I've also been selling things for less than the ABP (or at least made them the cheapest listing). I could probably sell those Old Crumpled Newspapers for 55-60,000g instead of 50,000g, and those Sunflowers for 15-20,000g instead of 10,000g, but it already seemed like a generous amount, seeing as I can get them ridiculously easily (with Adblock) for free. cat_razz I assume if a lot of people started doing this, then the prices would drop a lot for those items, but they're also used in Alchemy, so maybe not. Even if it does, that just means we're lowering inflation, which is also good. cat_cool Either way, it works.

What are Refurbished Sheets? cat_question  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:53 pm
Kangit
Pwnder
Kangit
Pwnder
Kangit

LOL

Well, keeping the trees there kind of make it more like a game anyway, so oh well. cat_xp It would be interesting seeing a completely blank room though. cat_razz

I've also been selling things for less than the ABP (or at least made them the cheapest listing). I could probably sell those Old Crumpled Newspapers for 55-60,000g instead of 50,000g, and those Sunflowers for 15-20,000g instead of 10,000g, but it already seemed like a generous amount, seeing as I can get them ridiculously easily (with Adblock) for free. cat_razz I assume if a lot of people started doing this, then the prices would drop a lot for those items, but they're also used in Alchemy, so maybe not. Even if it does, that just means we're lowering inflation, which is also good. cat_cool Either way, it works.

OMG dude! Refurbished Sheet it's been out since October 2005! Barton Boutique! It's basically the first gold CI evar! If you craft an Angel Ghost Sheet or Demonic Ghost Sheet out of it the profits increase like 100 fold at this point. It wasn't profitable for a very long time, but in this current Gaia, it is a long forgotten item. Almost the same as Brown Magical Giftbox. If you get a complex jacket out of it you get your gold back, and more!

Basically that is what I was hoping to accomplish with the towns flash space, a blank screen with nothing but the items I was searching out.

At the very least I figured out how to remove the npcs, emotes, shadows and various structures, so I don't have to deal with those when I zone in. xp  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:25 am
Pwnder
Kangit
Pwnder
Kangit
Pwnder
Kangit

LOL

OMG dude! Refurbished Sheet it's been out since October 2005! Barton Boutique! It's basically the first gold CI evar! If you craft an Angel Ghost Sheet or Demonic Ghost Sheet out of it the profits increase like 100 fold at this point. It wasn't profitable for a very long time, but in this current Gaia, it is a long forgotten item. Almost the same as Brown Magical Giftbox. If you get a complex jacket out of it you get your gold back, and more!

Basically that is what I was hoping to accomplish with the towns flash space, a blank screen with nothing but the items I was searching out.

At the very least I figured out how to remove the npcs, emotes, shadows and various structures, so I don't have to deal with those when I zone in. xp

Why is it that everything I get out of it seems to be worth more than what I paid for it? cat_eek I got an Angel Ghost Sheet after opening a couple dozen of them. How rare are they? Maybe I should try opening these more often... cat_ninja

But I don't think there are any NPCs outside of the train station. O.o I didn't see the point of Adblocking stuff that was specific to the train station.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:51 pm
Kangit

How do i add these? I want that left aligned site !! D:  

PlatinumM00N

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:40 am
V Tora Bisu V
Kangit

How do i add these? I want that left aligned site !! D:

If you're in Firefox, you click on the ABP symbol, Filter preferences, then Add filter. If Add filter isn't there, make sure you're under the Custom filters tab, and if Add filter group is in the top right corner, click on the dotted line with two little arrows pointing to the left underneath (and slightly to the right of) it.

If you're in Chrome, click on the ABP symbol, Options, and go to the Add your own filters tab.

Then you just copy and paste the code into it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:58 am
Here's the code for Jet:
gaiaonline.com/src/css/event/funderheader/headernav.css

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:15 am
Last Trickster Prince
Here's the code for Jet:
gaiaonline.com/src/css/event/funderheader/headernav.css

It doesn't seem to block it for me. These seem to be the only ones that would work for me:

gaiaonline.com/images/event/funderheader/jet-cash.gif
Blocks the image, but leaves the link.

gaiaonline.com###funderheader
Blocks entirely, but may require downloading the EHH extension if you use Firefox.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:33 am
do you think there might still be a link to get into towns 2 without the pre rolled ads? or do we just have to live with the ad block codes?  

CASPER THE FRIENDLY GOD

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:54 am
II CASPER Il
do you think there might still be a link to get into towns 2 without the pre rolled ads? or do we just have to live with the ad block codes?

Well, it looks like this would be the link to get in without them, but it doesn't seem to go past the loading screen (at least for me). That's probably intentional so people can't get past the pre-roll ads, yet Adblock can still keep you from seeing them, so I'm not sure how wasting our time "watching" nothing helps them other than as a punishment. Maybe they never altered the original Towns because it's not as popular?

Either way, I doubt there are any more direct links to get past any pre-roll ads (at least for Towns 2).  
📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff