View Results

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:25 am
You know, whatever happened to this battle system that we were told would be used regularly? They totally could have done a V-day battle event, where you could either take cupid's side, or be against cupid (for those of us that ******** hate love). We could have been throwing love & hate notes at each other like crazy & gotten some new achievements out of it.
Instead we get 5 days of crap items, a forum, a sale, & a grey halo to remind us what s**t Gaia has turned into in the last year.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:48 am
I wonder if a Change dot org petition would work to force them to listen to us. o.o

Edit: I checked and I only see 3 petitions on there for Gaia. One is about the centered site. One is about some scowling grey cat person and the other is about Rally and Virtual Hollywood. Somebody should definitely make one about making them listen to us and take notice of what's happening. A petition for something too specific would get turned away like "Fix the economy". It'd be enough to force them to just LISTEN.

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 am
Kegokec
I wonder if a Change dot org petition would work to force them to listen to us. o.o

Go to Change.org & type in the search bar "Gaia Online". There are already a ton of petitions there.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:56 am
FaithBlack
Kegokec

Go to Change.org & type in the search bar "Gaia Online". There are already a ton of petitions there.

I edited my original post. There's only 3. o.o

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 pm
Kegokec
FaithBlack
Kegokec

The problem with change.org petitions is getting them known & getting them filled out properly.
There's a section that asks for the e-mail address of the person that you are attempting to petition, who, in this case, would likely be the CEO of Gaia. Every time there's a new signature on the petition, they get an e-mail about it, as well as that person's personalized response. It's not enough to get just 30 signatures on those, you'll need more like 1000 to get the message across. Getting that many people to give a website their personal info can be quite the task, & getting people that aren't invested in Gaia (like it's users are) to sign it would be even harder, if you want to get more signatures than just that of Gaia's users.
Even some of the more well-known petitions here on Gaia have a hard time getting up to 1000 signatures, so you'd have to find a way to get people that don't use Gaia invested in the petition.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:03 pm
I've given it a lot of thought myself...  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:08 pm
FaithBlack
Kegokec
FaithBlack
Kegokec

The problem with change.org petitions is getting them known & getting them filled out properly.
There's a section that asks for the e-mail address of the person that you are attempting to petition, who, in this case, would likely be the CEO of Gaia. Every time there's a new signature on the petition, they get an e-mail about it, as well as that person's personalized response. It's not enough to get just 30 signatures on those, you'll need more like 1000 to get the message across. Getting that many people to give a website their personal info can be quite the task, & getting people that aren't invested in Gaia (like it's users are) to sign it would be even harder, if you want to get more signatures than just that of Gaia's users.
Even some of the more well-known petitions here on Gaia have a hard time getting up to 1000 signatures, so you'd have to find a way to get people that don't use Gaia invested in the petition.

That'd be somebody else's problem. xD *I* am not starting it. I said SOMEBODY should. I don't care who that somebody is as long as they'd give it a try.

I'm a follower who backs people up. Not a leader. ;x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 pm
My current point of upset is the fact that currently just in pure gold I have over 100million....and I am considered middle class. That shouldn't be a thing. I should not HAVE that much gold because NO one should have that much gold....I remember when one million meant you were rich, then ten, than fifty, then one hundred...but now what...a BILLION means you're gaia-rich? Screw that. I was happy being middle class before when it meant that I could get most of what I wanted and had to quest for the rest...but this is just madness.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Apollos Liar

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:19 pm
After Kenny left, it felt like our line of communication was cut. Thankfully I have seen devs post in SF here and there still. The remaining devs have very massive shoes to fill so I have they can do it.

The gold generators are at such a desperate point now that it's ridiculous. It's getting to the point where it is literally impossible to quest. They'll never sink all of this gold. I realize that gold has no monetary value but come the ******** on. How are they going to destroy such a massive part of the site? Imo people that talk about how "Gaia was always about RPing" and get their panties in a twist over people being upset over inflation need to sit the ******** down too. I joined first quarter '05 and for most people, items and gold were still pretty important.

The events were upsetting this year. I'm glad we got them, so it's not the events themselves that bother me but rather Gaia's attitude toward them. V-day was so obviously rushed and the anniversary was an after-thought. What really sucked was that we had a GG in celebration of V-day before an event was even lined up that destroyed the MP and the CS anniversary sale was announced prior to the actual anniversary announcement. That's just depressing. The cash announcements were clearly lined up in advance. Had no one said anything, I doubt we would have even gotten a single announcement about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 pm
Also, this is just hearsay, not necessarily true I heard that those approved to attend the in office feedback were screened to be sure they weren't in any way spreading any kind of dissatisfaction with Gaia anywhere. Basically what I heard was that they chose the obedient sheep who wouldn't actually force them to talk about the sad state of Gaia.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

MintyMiDraws

Enigmatic Fashionista

32,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:51 pm
This is absolutely ridiculous, we've been getting generators every single freaking DAY this week. As if the marketplace wasn't unpredictable and scary enough, and as if I wasn't already terrified of the marketplace enough, of which I am. Now some items are deflating like mad, while others are still on the rise. And since I'm not a cash user, it's very unfair because now it's impossible to quest for anything.

Also, although I somewhat appreciated the last-minute Valentine's Day event the team put together, the Gaiaversary freebie item was absolutely terrible, not to mention that it has the more-or-less same name as another item that already exists, and the fact that there was just a sale to replace Gaiaversary it was simply depressing.

And although we got another Gold Shop update (FINALLY, AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS) the announcements and updates are still not as frequent in comparison to the daily 10+ announcement spam we get for the Cash shop. The items there are also not getting any better, in my opinion they're just getting worse.

Then there's the recolors. We get them almost daily and they're for the most part half-assed and ugly. It's depressing because I was looking through the SF forum one day and I'd found a thread where someone fixed up some of the recolors. Sad to say, the "fixed up" versions looked better than the original recolors, and they were done by artists who weren't even on the Gaia team. emo

I would also like for them to update the stupid app, it's in need of several because it's been like six months or more since the last one. zOMG! also needs to be worked on, lately it's deserted and boring and it's not even for the purpose to play and level up anymore, people just go there to talk about avatars and stuff. Why not just do that in Towns or VH or Rally or something? That's not the original purpose of Gaia's MMO. And Club Verge is ridiculous; the "loyalty" Gaia refers to is the amount of cash people spend on GC, when really the term "loyalty" should be defined as how long a user has been with the site....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:16 pm
Yay! I remembered the AtG this monday. -So pride-

l-l a r l o t

++ Their goal is probably to make gaia gold -useless-.
Once gold is no longer a viable means of purchasing the items you want, it'll
force people to wait for cash-shop sales with their favorite items to spend real
money on them. It just supports the flash-sales and gaia cash shop sales
because unless you buy gold generators to get the gold (still have to pay real
money) you'll have to get gaia cash to get those items (still have to pay real
money). See why it's disgusting? ++

eclaire5

++ Uncle Kenny leaving was absolutely -devastating-
for me to hear. I hadn't personally known him or talked to him, but I definitely
paid attention to all the things he's done around and for Gaia. I was so upset I
sent him a long private message wishing him farewell and everything else. I
really have no idea what will happen to Gaia Events, although I know Sisky is
still around. But how long will that last? ++

KaiOfThePie

++ Remember there's some supposed 'Loyalty' Shop that's suppose
to be created for long-standing Gaians. Who actually knows though? Club
Verge though is now a complete waste. Everything gets released to the Cash
Shop a week later now anyway. So even those members are feeling cheated
(instead of us non-members as cheated). Atleast we're all together again... ..
right? Lul ++

Kegokec

++ The ban idea is quite nice, although I'm so nosy I want to
see what bullshit they're pushing out each day. Same with the cash items. I
buy mine with gold (or trade with art), but have bought my Bifrost DC (Cpt
Cresento <3) as my permanent swallowing of gold from the economy (almost
typed ecosystem.. lul) tribute. Being shut out by Gaia Staff is.. the norm
these days I guess. There was a message from one of the community staff
members that our pleas are pretty much void as long as people keep buying.
Every day though, this guild grows. And with each member added I know it's
another member who won't be purchasing. As long as we continue to amass
and have people dedicated in the banning of Gaia Cash, eventually it'll get through. ++

Umioko

++ Yes! <3 Guild council is very sorry for not having one last week.
We shall repent with vigor these next coming weeks. Same though, the
Valentine's event was so.. bleh for me. I didn't even log in every day to get
each item, I was so unimpressed. The Candy Hearts that kept getting
advertised over and over and over again was irritating. Sometimes I thought I
left the tab opened and that's why it was still there.. no.. they just kept
advertising it. Gold shop update I was actually okay with. Atleast we got fancy
bows and for track record, the fact they had two gold-shop releases in a
month was like The Rapture was happening. And remember? We use to have
lotteries with Aquariums. I'm really upset that the recolors are so bad in
quality that people don't want to buy them. Thus making them a poor gold sink. ++

fuzzy . chaos

++ If Sisky leaves.. I'll be really disheartened. But don't leave. We need
to keep the good ones around. Like you. And me. emotion_donotwant And precisely.
Management -can- change. And -has- changed. I'm hoping that's in the future
as well. Actually.. if Gaia does "die" I except great community members to
pull it's code from the ashes and bring it back to us, or take it over, buying it
cheap. I know that if that were to happen, I'd definitely give my real money to
help build it back up to the original Gaia days. And unfortunately... siiigh.
They asked for usernames for the Gaia Interactive job-visity thing.. and I can't
help but think they filtered all the Gaians who are unhappy with their sales
tactics and business. Very rude though they couldn't have sent a single reply back. ++

FaithBlack

++ Mmm. I don't even think the two devs left are the ones making the items.
They rehired artists (which is probably why a few high quality items are
coming back), but it still doesn't mean much. Two dev team members cannot
push out quality events. It takes time to code, debug, and implement events.
And I don't know who the ******** made that Halo, but I know it wasn't anyone we
like. As for the petition, the email thing sounds good if it does send them an
email each time. The email they tell us to send all of our questions to would
probably be the one to use. ++

Apollos Liar

++ My feelings too. I doubt anything would have been pushed our
or done had none of us users said anything ++

xx I met my fate xx

++ I'm almost certain that the pre-screening was for that purpose as well. ++

-l- Mi-tan -l-

++ And I'm sure we'll be getting many more generators as time
goes on. Can you imagine what Easter is going to be like? That's the next big
holiday, and Easter events for Gaia Online have always been BIG. I'll be
realllly disappointed if this falls through because the Easter events have
always been my favorite and most memorable in my opinion (more so than
Christmas or Halloween) ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:18 pm
FaithBlack
Kegokec
FaithBlack
Kegokec

shoot! you guys are giving me ideas gonk

All we would have to do is provide our personal email addresses and provide an email of the person to receive the petition? usertalk@gaiaonline.com razz

I'm not afraid of getting banned for signing one. I wouldn't be breaking any ToS and last I heard petitions are a right.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:18 pm
@Pwnder: I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm having difficulty reading the OP. I have to pick up my laptop and hold it up close to my face to read the tiny type. gonk Might want to consider using a larger font. sweatdrop

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:21 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
@Pwnder: I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm having difficulty reading the OP. I have to pick up my laptop and hold it up close to my face to read the tiny type. gonk Might want to consider using a larger font. sweatdrop

gonk I'm sorry. It looked really messy when I tried to point out important topics and add my own personal comments to them. I'll change the size and opt for a colored text or something gonk  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff