Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
▧ The Magic Neep ▧ Open ▧ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 pm
User Image
Kenneth is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Relaxed in the Magic Neepspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // A Customerspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This'll probably be the highlight of my day...' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰ I got a paint outside with enough giddyup to be free;
I got a faint smell of cheap perfume, and a hint of gasoline.
✰ ✰ ✰
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceHe fought the urge to smile in amusement when, just as he'd predicted, she stumbled, right into him. His arms reached to steady her, but she was already on it, standing upright before he had a chance to help, chewing her lip. "Well, that coulda been worse; least I was here to catch you. No skinned knees or palms that way," he told her with a chuckle. He lead her into the store, directed her to the backroom, and went back over to retrieve the list that had fallen on the floor. He crouched to pick it up, glancing over the items. Other than the rather unhelpful entry labeled 'fruits,' it was simple enough. Onions, garlic... he would've liked an idea of how much of each, but given that no such information was readily available, he'd just have to guess. He grabbed a couple of onions and a handful of garlic cloves, figuring that Ver wasn't likely to know any better than he did. After he'd collected those, he grabbed a few of the more commonly appreciated fruits to include, figuring at least a couple of them would be acceptable.

spaceHe glanced towards the door to the backroom, wondering if he should check on her. He'd already been nosy enough, after all, didn't need to make it any worse. But, he couldn't just leave her back there all day. After a couple minutes of deliberation, he approached the door, hand rubbing the back of his head, ruffling his hair. He knocked on the doorframe, not looking into the room in case she was in some state she didn't want him to see. "Uh, Miss Verily? You doin' alright?" he asked. "Not that I'm rushin' you or anythin', just checkin' up on you. You can take as long as you need to..." Within reason, of course; he didn't really like the idea of leaving her alone in the store when he had to head home to Elliott. But, no need to mention that now; he was pretty sure that went without saying, though. No need to put any pressure on her... or, anymore, since he was being nosy again.

✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight; You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          I don't have a white horse, but you can come along for the ride
                                                          ✰ ✰ ✰

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:45 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Beater ♫ Single ♫

Don't wanna let you ๔๏ฬภ but I am ђєใใ bound.
                                                        ςยгҭคเภ’ร call is the ใครҭ of all.
                                                        When the lights ғค๔є out all the รเภภєгรcrawl.

Verily slipped to her feet at the sound of his voice. She smoothed her clothes out and wiped the last few of her tears away. All in all she looked like she hadn't been crying or freaking out only mere minutes ago. It was a talent of hers she supposed. Making her freakouts just disappear. She snorted at the name Miss Verily. He was so foreign. It made her smile, something she felt like she hadn't done in a really long time. "I'm fine, thank you." She said quietly as she slipped out of his backroom and offered a guarded smile. She was starting to think she could use a few pointers from Michelle. Emotions and pain just didn't seem to coincide well with the poor girl.

"And there's no need to call me Miss." She said, a small bubble of laughter slipping from her lips as she brushed her hair away from her face with long fingers. "Thank you for gathering her stuff." As she looked at the items and went over the list in her head she blinked rapidly a couple times. "Why would she ask for garlic......" She mumbled to herself. As far as Ver was aware, garlic was practically poison to vampires right? She frowned. Was her cousin trying to kill herself? Her eyes widened at the idea but she quickly pushed that thought away. There was no way Gracie, no matter how batshit crazy she was sometimes, would try to kill herself. We at least no chance as long as the girl had Dominic.... She shook her head and shrugged. "She's a crazy flowernut." Ver muttered her thoughts aloud and shrugged yet again, curling a piece of hair around her finger awkwardly.

When you feel my ђєคҭ, look into my єұєร.
                                                        It’s where my ๔є๓๏ภร hide. It is dark เภรเ๔є.
                                                        No matter what we ๒гєє๔. We still are made of ﻮгєє๔.
                                                        Don’t get too ςใ๏รє, this is my кเภﻮ๔๏๓ come.

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:36 am
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // A Customerspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This'll probably be the highlight of my day...' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth watched her carefully. In his experience, 'I'm fine,' usually meant that a person, particularly a girl, was anything but. Then again, he was used to American girls. Plus, he didn't know her very well (or at all); it wasn't like he could look at her and tell if she was really fine. He didn't know what fine looked like on her, honestly. She'd not really seemed fine when she came in, if he were honest. Of course, annoyed at her cousin was a heap better than crying because he'd asked a stupid question. "If you're sure... ya don't hafta come out if not." He headed back over to the counter, where he'd laid her things, still watching.

spaceHe chuckled a bit when she told him not to call her miss, his hand going to the back of his head and rubbing. "Sorry; force 'a habit. S'how my Mama taught me to treat girls," he said, his crooked smile sheepish. "An' no problem; I wasn't quite sure what to get for the fruit, still, but, I picked a few that're common enough purchases and hoped for the best. If anythin's not wanted... well, no returns, since it's food, but you can come in and replace it for free. Just make her write a proper list, yeah?" he said, his eyes a bit devilish at that. He wanted to comment on the question about garlic, it was a pretty common ingredient after all, but hell, he didn't know why it seemed so odd to Verily that her cousin would want it. Maybe someone in the family was allergic or something. He was personally a big fan of it, but to each his own. He bit back a grin at her latest colorful insult, not wanting her to think he was laughing at her (which, it would be, and wasn't that the best way to make a girl feel better after you freaked her out and upset her, laugh at her on top of it? Talk about kicking a person while they're down...) He looked over all the produce he'd grabbed and did a couple quick calculations before telling her, "It'll be 3 Galleons, 7 sickles and 18 knuts." He input all the numbers to check and, when he saw he'd been right, opened the register before giving her another kind smile.

✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight; You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          ✰ ✰ ✰

XxXDevil-Chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:22 pm
User Image

Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Currently Unemployed]

Sister of Professor Christina Anna Dechering (Healing Professor of Hogwarts)
Graduate of Salem's Institute for Witchcraft and Wizardry
Coyote Dorm Member
(Werewolf without a Pack Affiliation)
Current Age: 22
Wand: Osage Orange, Dragon Heartstring, Supple and Knobby, 10 7/8 inch

An American abroad and feeling a bit lost...

For the past week, Chrissy, Sophie's sister, had roped her into helping her settle things into the house Christina Dechering had purchased which was essentially in the middle of nowhere with the closest neighbor at least two miles away. Then again, considering the fact Sophie was an infected werewolf the no neighbor thing made sense, and Sophie did have to register with the Ministry of Magic when the two immigrated across the pond for Christina's new job as a professor. While her sister worked on lesson plans, Sophie had made her escape to Hogsmeade supposedly the only magic only village in the Isles, and it was close to Hogwarts, which she was curious about. More importantly, she decided she would go mad cooped up without something to keep her busy so she thought she would see if she could get employment, and if she worked in Hogsmeade it would be close enough her sister might not be quite so fussy about her taking a job.

She had at first considered entering the tea shop, but decided serving food and being a waitress might not be her specialty. That was when she spotted the Magic Neep-a green grocer-which was sort of close to what she had done before. Her family had ran what was mostly a health food store in Northern Georgia and after she graduated from the Salem's Witch's Institute for Witchcraft and Wizardry she had returned home to help her mother run the store, though she doubted her mother needed much help, especially considering how eager her mother was with Chrissy's idea of having her come abroad with her.

She nervously took a breath and opened the door and said quietly, "Hello?" Wincing as she took note of how out of place from the British Isles she sounded, not only did she have an obvious American accent but she also had picked up a distinct Southern American accent. Taking a deep breath she noticed Kenneth and said with a bit more confident voice, she ignored her natural accent drawing out vowels probably standing out in the British Isles, as she noticed Kenneth Holt, "Sir? Do you know who I need to talk to about a possible job?"

Wearing: Casual Clothing
Thinking: Chrissy is insane deciding to drag me along with her... just so I can what was it...? "watch the house while she is away at Hogwarts."

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:38 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // Ruth and Sophiespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'More help is always a good thing.' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth was in his usual stance while working, that is, sitting behind the counter, his chair leaned back on the back legs, his own legs sitting up on the shelf under the counter. He'd been working earlier, but was taking a bit of a break at the moment. In his hand was a half-eaten apple, what was left of the small lunch he'd had. He'd considered just closing the shop down for the lunch hour and asking Ruth, his new shop assistant, to join him for lunch, but it just felt awkward. Every time he spoke to her, he became increasingly aware of how strange her accent sounded, and the knowledge that people around here would have an easier time understanding hers than they would his still baffled him. He was planning letting her off for her own break as soon as he finished his apple. He probably should've eaten in the back, but he didn't like the idea of sitting back there alone. He might not know Ruth very well or understand half of what she said, but she was still good company.

spaceHe blinked as a woman entered, offering a wave with his free hand. He took the last bite of his apple and tossed the core in the trash can, grabbing a small damp rag to clean the juice from his hands. Once they were clean, he held one out for the woman. "Howdy," he said, barely holding back a wince as he realized how very out of place he sounded. However, when she spoke next, his eyes widened a bit. She was almost certainly not from this side of the pond. In fact, he'd put money on her being raised somewhere in Dixie, like him. Not Tennessee like him, but she was definitely a Southern girl. He offered her a crooked smile. "That'd be me, ma'am," he said, uncommonly happy to realize that for once he wouldn't have any trouble communicating with someone. "I'm Kenneth, the owner. What sorta job were you lookin' for?" Faced with the prospect of having a conversation with someone who would actually understand what he was saying if he used slang and wouldn't in turn be using slang he didn't know (which happened more than he would like to admit), he found his accent thickening, sounding a lot more like what it had when he'd first moved here as opposed to this slightly watered-down version he'd developed. It was nice to have a conversation without worrying about miscommunication... now if only he could keep his foot out of his mouth, he thought, remembering the encounter with Verily. As per his prediction, he hadn't seen her since. Which really shouldn't have surprised him, since it wasn't like her coming in one time would've made him friends, but it was still upsetting. She'd seemed very sweet, and like she needed a friend... but then, given how royally he'd screwed up, he wasn't surprised that he wasn't exactly high up on that list.

✰ ✰ ✰

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:12 pm
User Image

Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Currently Unemployed]

Coyote Dorm Member

A slightest bit of her nervousness was eased by hearing a familiar accent and she smiled and said glancing away, "My mother actually runs essentially a health food store back home and I was helping her after I graduated from Salem until my sister decided I should come with her when she moved over here to take a job at Hogwarts teaching."

She placed her hands behind her back and looked around the shop and said, "Arithmancy was one of my best subjects besides potions so maybe cashier? Then again I'm willing to do anything..." She paused and then realized the problem of every full moon and said, "...um, well anything as long as I am off before nightfall each... I mean every night." She glanced away quickly, blurting out you were a werewolf was probably not a good way to start off trying to get a job.

Glancing back at him she said quickly with a smile hiding the fact she stumbled over her earlier words, "I'm pretty knowledgeable about food supplies and with my math skills I think it would be a fairly good fit. And, I'm willing to only work part time if my hour limitations are a problem. Some evenings I could stay later, to tell the truth."
She quickly bowed her head waiting to hear what he would say, feeling like an absolute idiot as she tried to sell her skills for a job and end up sounding like a bumbling idiot.

Thinking: Is it ethical to hide the fact I'm a werewolf from a potential employer? Then again the request is odd enough that he would have to be an idiot not to suspect something.

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:39 pm
User Image

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth arched a brow, a bit confused. Her sister had made her move with her? Why? If she was going to be off at Hogwarts all year, it wasn't like she needed the company. Seemed more like the woman in front of him would be the lonely one, being stuck at home while her sister was off teaching. He gave his head a light shake. He supposed that the whys of it didn't matter, and nothing he said was likely to make her change her mind and go back, even if that was what she seemed to want.

spaceHe frowned a bit when she ignored his offered hand and instead placed hers behind her back. What was with that? They weren't sticky, he had cleaned them. He chalked it up to shyness, since she did seem a bit uncomfortable, and decided to let it slide, although it wasn't the best first impression. As she spoke, he listened carefully, nodding along. He could use a cashier, after all, someone who was always behind the counter so that he and Ruth could focus on the floor. As for her restriction, it wouldn't be an issue. "We usually close up shop well before nightfall. I've got a younger brother, he's home alone all day while I'm at work. He can take care of himself, but I do like to be home for supper." He wondered why she wanted to be home before night, though. Was it a similar situation? She hadn't mentioned a younger sibling moving with them, or a child. His mind briefly wondered if she'd been mugged or worse on her way home one night, but that really wasn't any of his business. If it proved a problem in the future, he'd talk to her about it... if he decided to hire her, of course. More help was always nice, but she seemed a bit stiff. He could relate, but he needed to know she could handle the job. "You said your mama runs a shop... you ever work there? Or anywhere in a sales position?" he asked, trying to get a feel for her and checking for her experience. He was living proof that just because your parents did something didn't mean that you knew jack about it. He didn't know a damn thing about international relations, after all, and that was what his father had done. And he knew even less about music, which had been his mother's passion. He could understand someone thinking that just because they came from a family they knew what they were doing, but he couldn't hire someone based on that. It was liable to end with him having to fire them as well, and he had two experiences having to do that. It hadn't gone well. He'd hated every second of it, and was not eager to repeat the experience.

✰ ✰ ✰

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:13 pm
I'm not a cynic...
I just don't believe a word you say!
I'm not a critic...
I just hate it all anyway!
If you're happy and you know it...
Clap your hands like this.
'Cause the rest of us are wondering...
What on earth we missed.

User Image
rυтнveɴ lιlιαѕ мαceαcнαrιɴ
pυreвlood ѕqυιв
υɴιverѕιтy ѕтυdeɴт
cyɴιc αɴd crιтιc

feeling: curious. with: Kenneth and Sophie. at: The Magic Neep.

Ruth was lurking, and she'd admit it. She'd just finished sweeping towards the back of the stop, and now she she stood very still and silent and strained her ears to listen, holding the broom. It was a nice, normal broom, not a demented freaky one that flew around in the air. She'd never expected to be working in Hogsmeade, a magical village, when she usually went out of her way to avoid the magical world, but she was still in university, she needed a fairly simple job with fairly flexible hours, and she wanted the extra money. Her tech stuff didn't come cheap, and damn it, she wanted that new console! Kenneth was nice enough, especially considering that she'd begrudgingly informed him that she couldn't actually use magic- he hadn't jeered and turned her away, or smiled to her face and then laughed behind her back. Even if he did have the weirdest accent ever; she swore she'd never get used to it. He seemed to be having similar problems with hers, and she wanted to joke that they should both just learn sign language so they'd be on the same page, but most of the time they managed to at least get the drift of what the other was saying. Now she was spying on a potential coworker. This red haired lass appeared to be applying for the cashier job, which Ruth had no problem with. She was pretty good with money herself, but that didn't mean she liked having to ring people up. It was a little too... up close and personal. She preferred to be in the background, silently stocking shelves and cleaning up. Kenneth appeared to be drilling the woman right now. Ruth poked her head out around a shelf, a blank expression on her face, looked from her boss to the newcomer, and then withdrew back behind the shelf and pretended to sweep some more. Nothing like eavesdropping while on the job.

yeαн, тнe тrυтн нυrтѕ, вυт ιт нαѕɴ'т ѕтυɴɢ eɴoυɢн тo ѕтop мe.

If you're happy and you know it...
Stomp your feet real loud.
The rest of us could use some cheering up right now.
I like my thrills dirt cheap and my irony thick!
Oh whatever, never mind.
I'm just crying for help.
I guess I'll heal the old fashioned way...
And do it myself.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:00 pm
User Image

Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Currently Unemployed]

Coyote Dorm Member

"I said I was helping," She said with a shaky laugh. "Actually, the shop was originally my daddy's shop but when he um... well mom got the shop through the will and it seemed a shame to close it down. I actually was working the counters, stocking inventory, doing orders, that sort of thing with Mom after I graduated. All that is a part of sales, so yeah. I suppose, sir, you could say I've done some sales work."

She took a breath and said with a smile, "Anyways, the shop was there for years... it was in a fairly tight-knit community. Everyone knows everyone-or at least thinks they do. I suppose it is a bit different doing sales positions with the same people you see Sunday morning at church or what not. And the shop actually was catering to muggles so, yeah... it was-is- easier that way."

She raised a brow at Kenneth and then turned when she caught sight of someone poking their head around the corner before disappearing and she heard the sound of a broom barely being used soon after. It was the sort of sound and movement most people would have missed-then again she had a little bit of an advantage over most people with her increase in senses, thanks to being infected with lycanthropy. "Do you also need my WIT and CAT scores, too? I am confident I can handle anything you can throw at me," She said before letting out a sigh and glancing back to where the girl had poked her head out before. "And you've got an eavesdropper... I assume she works here? Did you beat around the bush with her about what you are looking for exactly, too?"

She raised a brow at Kenneth and said with a small laugh and waved her hands innocently in the air, "I mean if you aren't interested in me working here, just let me know. I don't want to waste your time and basically I'm looking for something to keep me busy. This reminded me of the shop I grew up with... but I mean if it isn't a good fit..." She trailed off and shrugged, before putting her hands behind her back again, unsure what else to say. Maybe, her sister was right and just watching the house was better for her.

Thinking: Okay, getting a job in a family business is a lot easier...

Cara MiaKitty
The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:47 pm
User Image

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth pursed his lips a bit when she sort of half-argued with him, shaking his head. "Helping out doesn't always mean you have experience. That could mean anything from you sat behind the counter when someone ran in the back real quick to you were running the whole place and wanted to sound modest," he told her with a shrug. He offered a sympathetic frown when she glazed over the fact that her father had died. At least she seemed to have experience, if her words were to be believed, and he did tend to assume people were honest. It just seemed nicer and generally easier than assuming everyone was a liar.

spaceHe was glad to hear that she was used to working with muggles (and that her tone wasn't derogatory), because it meant that she probably didn't have any sort of issues with blood purity, which was about the only thing he cared about as far as his employee's personal lives went. So long as he wasn't going to end up punching someone in the face over finding out he was a halfblood (and he was not above hitting a girl, they were people just like men were, after all), he didn't much care. "Family owned shops are a bit easier, I think. Back in Tennessee, I worked in the kitchen of a close family friend's restaurant. Had pretty much the same group of people coming in everyday, with a few newcomers and tourists here and there. But, I think it's not a hard adjustment to make." He shrugged.

spaceHe could hear Ruth sweeping, her path coming closer and closer to the counter, and smiled a bit. She was an odd one, alright. He wasn't sure it it was because she was Scottish, a squib, or a combination of the two, but she was a hard worker, and a nice person. Apparently she was also nosy. "I don't think that'll be necessary. When I was a teen I had a Summer job, no test scores required. Got hired on probation... had a week to prove I was worth the effort. I could do the same with you, I guess. Though I'll give you a month instead." He smirked a bit when she noticed Ruth and nodded. "That's Ruth; she's the assistant manager. Mostly handles the non-customer related work. And no, I didn't beat around the bush. Not doing it now; just tryin' be thorough without havin' to ask all those boring questions. What was your experience at your last job, where do you see yourself in five years, and so on, and so on..." He shrugged, shaking his head a bit. He always hated those questions.

spaceHe paused, his expression thoughtful. "Like I said, I can hire you on a probationary period. Just as a formality so we can skip the resume and the application and all that." He smiled. He could certainly use the help. The longer the shop'd been open, the more people he was getting in on a regular basis. He had a couple of regulars who came in every couple of weeks, the shop was getting busy in the week. The more people he had working for him, the better.

✰ ✰ ✰

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:29 pm
User Image

Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Currently Unemployed]

Coyote Dorm Member

"They might be if your family wasn't originally an outsider family. I honestly think when my parents decided to move somewhere quieter they hung up a map and threw a dart at it blindfolded," Sophie said her voice quieter. "I think we were the only wizarding family in a hundred mile radius of that place. The shop might be family owned but it started as outsiders buying a shop at random and there still is the fact we aren't a founding part of the town or anything."

She then perked up when she heard he would be willing to hire her on a probationary period, and it would skip a resume and application which might bring up some questions. And there was the assistant manager named Ruth he introduced, apparently the girl handled more non-customer related work. Smiling she bowed her head to Kenneth and then to Ruth and said with a smile standing up again, "Considering all the questions you ask you never asked my name. I'm Sophie Dechering, by the way. Thank-ya' so much for the opportunity: I'll make sure you won't regret it."

"So when do I begin?" She asked with a smile.

Thinking: Probation period. I can do that.

Cara MiaKitty
The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:48 pm
User Image

✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth offered a small smile, his hand going to the back of his head again, ruffling through his short hair. "You know, I noticed you didn't give it, and meant to ask, and forgot. Guess I'm not quite used to running job interviews yet," he told her with a chuckle, shaking his head. He held his hand out again, firmly this time, as if to say that a handshake was non-negotiable. "Nice to meetcha, Sophie. Welcome aboard," he told her, thinking that was probably one of the oddest things he'd ever heard come out of his own mouth. Being the boss was definitely strange. "You can come in tomorrow morning around nine for training. And if you could, write out your schedule so I know when you can be in. Three of us here, I might as well write out an actual schedule instead of just tellin' people to come in when we open." Really, only having three of them here meant that it'd be find for all of them to be in at once. But, it wouldn't hurt to write it out. And if Sophie was just working the register, there was no need for her to come in early for the opening duties, cleaning and organizing. And he counted down the register on his own each night, so they could both leave earlier than him... yeah, a schedule'd probably be a good idea. He'd have to sit up tomorrow night and write one out.

✰ ✰ ✰

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 am
User Image

Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Cashier at The Magic Neep (on a trial period)]

Coyote Dorm Member

"There probably isn't much need to write out my schedule...I'm generally fairly free," She said with a smile, as she pulled out a small planner from her bag and a pen and paper. "I'm going to borrow your counter if that is okay..." She said as she placed down her calender and the pen and paper. She wrote down every day of the full moon and the day after that she could only come in for the afternoon, and then added a few other random dates for appearances sake for the next three months."

She held the paper out to him and said, "Those are my only limitations for the next three months. I hope none of them are a huge problem..." With a small laugh she said, "I'm free on most days. I generally just garden, cook an' bake, or work on potions in my free time, that can mostly be worked around."

"Mind if I do some shopping before I leave? Our cabinets back home are a bit bare," She said with a chuckle. "Then again that makes sense, sort of, since my sister and I just moved in."

Then she bowed her head again and said, "And thank-ya' sir, again, for giving me this opportunity."

Thinking: Probation period. I can do that.

Cara MiaKitty
The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:33 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Beater ♫ Single ♫

Don't wanna let you ๔๏ฬภ but I am ђєใใ bound.
                                                        ςยгҭคเภ’ร call is the ใครҭ of all.
                                                        When the lights ғค๔є out all the รเภภєгรcrawl.

Ver hurried into The Magic Neep, dressed in what had to be the most un-Ver-like outfit anyone had ever seen her in. Especially for the middle of winter. “Its god damn freezing outside and I'm going to murder my treenut of a sister as soon as I get my hands on her.” She muttered under her breath as she rubbed her hands together, trying to add warmth to them once again. She was now wondering exactly why she had decided to take her twin's advice, and why she'd allowed the Gryffindor to pierce her belly button, and why she even liked her sister at all right now. It was the middle of winter and the usually somewhat conservative Ravenclaw was wearing what appeared to be cat printed leggings, a skimpy blue crop top (that showed off her now pierced belly button), and a oversized rather comfy looking grey sweater. The look on the girl's face was somewhere between annoyance, uncomfortableness, and freezing. Her lips formed a small pout and she now had her arms wrapped around her middriff, trying to cover up the exposed skin as much as possible. She was going to murder her sister. This was a horrible idea. She should have never taken this advice or allowed Elli to try and help, and God did she regret all of this so much.

What exactly had she allowed her sister to do though? To put it simply, Elli had been worrying over the quieter twin for quite some time and finally decided to take action. Ver was insecure, to put it mildly, and Elli's plan would supposedly help fix that insecurity. The plan was pretty simple in all cases. Ver was going to dress more openly first. So Elli had stolen all of Ver's old clothes and taken her out shopping over winter break to find new, better, and more 'confident' seeming outfits. In Elli's mind confident clothes were the first step to a confident outlook on life. Second step in the plan had been to do things Ver had contemplated but always decided against over and over again. Thus the belly button ring, the new ear piercings, and the time Elli had dragged her to a muggle cafe to play her music live in front of total strangers. Which had surprisingly not gone over as bad as the 17 year old thought it would.

So far though, Ver was not convinced. She still felt just as awkward as she always had, and the only thing that had truly changed because of these changes was that more people were randomly talking to her. Ver wasn't sure that was a good thing either, because honestly lets face it, she had no ******** clue how to deal in social situations.

Why exactly was Ver at The Magic Neep, on this blisteringly cold day though? To be honest, she wasn't quite sure. She had woken up that morning, and her first thought was to go visit Kenneth. Despite her misgivings and doubts about Elli's plans, Verily was still following her advice and one piece of advice was to do whatever her heart/mind/body told her to do even if it seemed dumb, so the girl got up, got dressed in her new, totally not winter appropriate, clothes, and walked to Hogsmeade to visit Kenneth. Of course, now that she was here, she had no idea what to say or do. She couldn't just say she had come because she missed him! That sounded creepy and totally gave off the wrong impression, and god damn it she was way to awkward to do that. But now she needed to come up with a reason why she was here and fast. Grey eyes darted around the shop quickly, hoping to land on some kind of inspiration. But this was a damn grocery store. It's not like she could say she was picking up some potato to inspire her to write a song. That was dumber than a squirrel on cocaine.

When you feel my ђєคҭ, look into my єұєร.
                                                        It’s where my ๔є๓๏ภร hide. It is dark เภรเ๔є.
                                                        No matter what we ๒гєє๔. We still are made of ﻮгєє๔.
                                                        Don’t get too ςใ๏รє, this is my кเภﻮ๔๏๓ come.

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:30 pm
User Image
𝕂𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕙 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Relaxed in The Magic Neepspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Verilyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Confusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What in the hell is she wearing?' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰
═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKenneth sat, as per usual, with his feet resting on the shelf just under the register behind the cash rack, flipping through the Daily Prophet (and not really paying a bit of attention to what he was reading, if he were honest). The tinkling of bells announced that someone had entered the shop, so he uncrossed his legs and slid his feet back down to the floor, standing as he folded up his paper. When he saw that it was Verily, he smiled lightly. "Howdy, Miss Verily," he said, barely containing a wince as he realized he had called her 'miss' again. She didn't seem to like it when he did that. He couldn't help it, though; it was force of habit. Hell, half the debs from his hometown would've tried to kill him for failing to use the title, as if by doing so he was implying that they weren't ladies (he usually succeeded in not arguing that the threat to kill him was rather unladylike... usually). Hoping to cover the lapse, he leaned over the counter, crossing his arms over the top of it to support him. "How're you today? Enjoying the snow?"

spaceAs he asked, his eyes fell to her clothes... or lack thereof. He didn't make a habit of checking women out, really he didn't, particularly not when he was friends with them, but sometimes he couldn't help himself... and Verily really was quite pretty. His brow knit in confusion. She was dressed... well, rather un-Verily-like. He recalled her mentioning that her twin sister was a bit more outgoing than she was, and wondered if she'd borrowed from said sister's wardrobe or something... although he couldn't fathom why. She looked nice, really, but uncomfortable... and more to the point, she looked like she was freezing cold. His expression grew concerned. "Hell, Verily! You're practically turnin' blue!" he said, coming out from around the counter and grabbing his jacket. He'd had the thing charmed to keep warm magically, mostly because dammit, he wasn't just from America, he was from the South! He wasn't used to this damn cold! He sort of hated it, really. Even Summer here was barely like late Spring back in Tennessee. He could only imagine how much worse it'd be if he'd been from somewhere further south, like Louisiana or Georgia.

spaceHe wrapped her up in the coat, briefly noticing the flash of metal in her navel. Wait, she had a belly ring? That was... unexpected. He shifted a bit uncomfortably. He'd always thought belly rings looked cute... a few of the girls back home had them, and they always seemed to distract him... unless the girl was in a bikini. Damn. He needed a glass of cold water... and she looked like she needed some hot cocoa. "Can I get ya somethin' to drink? To warm ya up?" he asked, eyeing her carefully. He didn't know what had possessed her to walk out in that weather wearing nothing but a crop-top and what basically amounted to a sweater... and tights, he realized. Hell, she wasn't even wearing proper pants! Was she insane?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ✰ ✰ ✰

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash