Submit

Visitor Count (last time we had 25!)
  + Me!
View Results

Shisa_Piston

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:56 pm
Pwnder

I went to check on what other people reported getting in this list and thought it strange that Rich Camp wasn't on it so I had to double check myself
Lol your not going to believe this, but I must have run into some kind of error this morning somehow. I haven't opened it yet, I don't understand how I ended up clicking on rich camp though... Strike everything I said just now. I slept like 3 hours last night sweatdrop
I got Azuramella, got my money back from it anyway. xp
Weird! Well that worked out at least. I'm glad to know they're not using scripts for bundle items, at least not the content filler.

It's still weird to me that they come up with things like the medals and fish masks, yanno?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:59 pm
Javier Cross
We are losing Role-players faster than we can recruit them for the groups, that goes double for any potential artists and triple for anyone who can take care of Meta-Plots and lore-related regards. sad

What gives about all this?

I had always thought that the role-play community were the ones least attuned to what is going on around Gaia. I suppose that was an ignorant assumption because everything Gaia does these days affects us all in its own way. I can see how easily it would be to have a few regular RPrs to quit participating and the whole community crumbles quickly after sweatdrop

I really feel for the Booty Grab community. Their tanks are being abandoned and neglected for lack of fish. You would imagine that in the midst of all these sales they could throw some tank bundles in there or re-release strike packs. Its sure-fire income for Gaia but they won't do it. Why? Probably because its another way for the community to acquire gold other than buying it via GG with Cash.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:02 pm
Technicolour_Piston
Pwnder

I went to check on what other people reported getting in this list and thought it strange that Rich Camp wasn't on it so I had to double check myself
Lol your not going to believe this, but I must have run into some kind of error this morning somehow. I haven't opened it yet, I don't understand how I ended up clicking on rich camp though... Strike everything I said just now. I slept like 3 hours last night sweatdrop
I got Azuramella, got my money back from it anyway. xp
Weird! Well that worked out at least. I'm glad to know they're not using scripts for bundle items, at least not the content filler.

It's still weird to me that they come up with things like the medals and fish masks, yanno?

Some times I amaze myself with my abilities to screw s**t up emotion_awesome

Weren't the fish masks required for Alchemy? I can't remember really. The medals, I just don't really get the desire for them, other than their rarity. I've seen people request them in the past but the whole thing is still beyond me.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:11 pm
Pwnder

Some times I amaze myself with my abilities to screw s**t up emotion_awesome

Weren't the fish masks required for Alchemy? I can't remember really. The medals, I just don't really get the desire for them, other than their rarity. I've seen people request them in the past but the whole thing is still beyond me.
The fish masks are required for later in the backwings quests from what I understand, though I haven't gotten that far yet or seen the quests so I'm not sure on the details. Still, even though they don't hit the MP very often, people who want to quest for them can get them by fishing for smaller fish and trading up or dealing with fishers directly and buying their monthly amounts and avoiding the MP. A lot of the competitive fishers will do that. The community's really upset about it because that's how they make their money.
I dunno, it seems like selling game items like body dye and fish masks and other things that which are intended to get you immersed into the site for the immediate gratification only endorses the "I want it now" effect. But that's just me.

I don't get the desire for the medals either, I think it's just bragging rights XD  

Shisa_Piston

Lunatic

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:12 pm
Pwnder
Javier Cross
We are losing Role-players faster than we can recruit them for the groups, that goes double for any potential artists and triple for anyone who can take care of Meta-Plots and lore-related regards. sad

I had always thought that the role-play community were the ones least attuned to what is going on around Gaia. I suppose that was an ignorant assumption because everything Gaia does these days affects us all in its own way. I can see how easily it would be to have a few regular RPrs to quit participating and the whole community crumbles quickly after sweatdrop

I really feel for the Booty Grab community. Their tanks are being abandoned and neglected for lack of fish. You would imagine that in the midst of all these sales they could throw some tank bundles in there or re-release strike packs. Its sure-fire income for Gaia but they won't do it. Why? Probably because its another way for the community to acquire gold other than buying it via GG with Cash.

For some reason or another, people never do seem to count the RP communities, nowadays. sad
This is one of the bad results that transpired because of it.

Apparently Gaia is fighting to kill itself dead something fierce, these days.
Why else would the Artists or even the Booty Grab tanks get no support?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:33 pm
Javier Cross
Pwnder
Javier Cross

For some reason or another, people never do seem to count the RP communities, nowadays. sad

This is exactly how I'm seeing it myself. They are doing everything in super spam mode style, middle fingers up, no F's given. Its like they are deliberately trying to piss people off, deliberately trying to abandon everything but the buck. I don't get it, what could be a good reason for this. It's certainly not going to maintain good business / consumer relations for anything else they do in the future and certainly not the 18+ up site. stare

sweatdrop It's kinda stupid but I couldn't get to sleep last night because of an energy drink I had too late in the evening and I found myself pondering this whole Gaia thing. You'd think a person would be able to log off and forget about it. Am I the only one that is bothered by this stupidity when off line too? xp

lol
I need some sleep gonk  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:43 pm
We are at 5 announcements already today. Id I jinx us all already? gonk

Gawd it's only Monday too gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:44 pm
Pwnder
Javier Cross
Pwnder
Javier Cross

This is exactly how I'm seeing it myself. They are doing everything in super spam mode style, middle fingers up, no F's given. Its like they are deliberately trying to piss people off, deliberately trying to abandon everything but the buck. I don't get it, what could be a good reason for this. It's certainly not going to maintain good business / consumer relations for anything else they do in the future and certainly not the 18+ up site. stare

sweatdrop It's kinda stupid but I couldn't get to sleep last night because of an energy drink I had too late in the evening and I found myself pondering this whole Gaia thing. You'd think a person would be able to log off and forget about it. Am I the only one that is bothered by this stupidity when off line too? xp

lol
I need some sleep gonk

If MistyMary24 wasn't so sick, nowadays, she might have reasonable suspicions for why its starting to feel like the Marketing Teams are now quenching any doubts of them declaring war on the rest of the site, these days.
I can't even find willing role-players on-site because of this, the first step was the removal of instant messaging.

Sooner or later, the other sites are gonna hear of The Dark Lord's name and prepare to oppose him accordingly if they believe in Self-site preservation, but how long until word starts spreading out?

Would that be when the Revolution: Gaia magazine starts selling its first issue?  

Javier Cross

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:12 pm
Javier Cross

If MistyMary24 wasn't so sick, nowadays, she might have reasonable suspicions for why its starting to feel like the Marketing Teams are now quenching any doubts of them declaring war on the rest of the site, these days.
I can't even find willing role-players on-site because of this, the first step was the removal of instant messaging.

Sooner or later, the other sites are gonna hear of The Dark Lord's name and prepare to oppose him accordingly if they believe in Self-site preservation, but how long until word starts spreading out?

Would that be when the Revolution: Gaia magazine starts selling its first issue?

I haven't seen her in a while, hope she's getting better sad

At one point I went searching for a shoutbox to add to the guild but they are not supported with BB code, maybe in an off Gaia web page but it's almost pointless then. Maybe the Gaia community could utilize and off site page, well for those who are trying to find ways to do something anyway.....

If the magazine does get rolling I think Goldemort certainly deserves and expose. There would probably be a lot of hell to pay for that though. xp
I'm sure it's a free for all mag, no selling intended. The RP community could use a nice article, oh even the BG community! hmm...
I'd really like something like the magazine to fly, even if it is as simple as Gaians submitting their personal letters or those really good OP's that are out there. Some don't even set foot into SF or GCD so if they could read this mag then they might find some insight.

I'm getting a head full of ideas again....... gonk

Last time I got an idea I spent hours posting anti-gold gen messages in the Aquarium Message Bottles. It was surprisingly a good turn out.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:49 pm
Pwnder
We are at 5 announcements already today. Id I jinx us all already? gonk

Gawd it's only Monday too gonk

And it gets worse by the minute.... rolleyes

I guess we should start to make our own gold sink question  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:04 pm
Pwnder
Javier Cross

I haven't seen her in a while, hope she's getting better sad

At one point I went searching for a shoutbox to add to the guild but they are not supported with BB code, maybe in an off Gaia web page but it's almost pointless then. Maybe the Gaia community could utilize and off site page, well for those who are trying to find ways to do something anyway.....

If the magazine does get rolling I think Goldemort certainly deserves and expose. There would probably be a lot of hell to pay for that though. xp
I'm sure it's a free for all mag, no selling intended. The RP community could use a nice article, oh even the BG community! hmm...
I'd really like something like the magazine to fly, even if it is as simple as Gaians submitting their personal letters or those really good OP's that are out there. Some don't even set foot into SF or GCD so if they could read this mag then they might find some insight.

I'm getting a head full of ideas again....... gonk

Last time I got an idea I spent hours posting anti-gold gen messages in the Aquarium Message Bottles. It was surprisingly a good turn out.

So do I, her mystical charities thread needs aid in keeping it afloat, at the moment. sad

A very reliable upgrade that it doesn't seem likely we'll be getting our hands on.

This isn't just about retribution for Digital Chocolate and other sites that have fallen victim to that Dark Lord's antics and those of his 'colleagues-in-arms' anymore, isn't it?
They're not threats to us, they're a threat to everyone, and the quicker they get exposed to the outside-Gaia public, the better.

The RP Community definitely deserves a lot of love, so do the Artists and any Communities on Gaia attending to in-group Lore.

Anyone else also interested?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 am
Javier Cross

So do I, her mystical charities thread needs aid in keeping it afloat, at the moment. sad

A very reliable upgrade that it doesn't seem likely we'll be getting our hands on.

This isn't just about retribution for Digital Chocolate and other sites that have fallen victim to that Dark Lord's antics and those of his 'colleagues-in-arms' anymore, isn't it?
They're not threats to us, they're a threat to everyone, and the quicker they get exposed to the outside-Gaia public, the better.

The RP Community definitely deserves a lot of love, so do the Artists and any Communities on Gaia attending to in-group Lore.

Woah, I did not know about this, because she disappeared from Gaia all of sudden. sad
I hope she gets better from this.

As for the Magazine, I guess this campaign needs more popularity. These people went too far with their greed, so, I'd be good if we start making banners to promote it and tell our friends about it via journals/PM/etc.

The more the better, because we're gonna need from all help possible, even from Victoire/Verge consumers.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:46 am
CourageNFaith
Javier Cross

Woah, I did not know about this, because she disappeared from Gaia all of sudden. sad
I hope she gets better from this.

As for the Magazine, I guess this campaign needs more popularity. These people went too far with their greed, so, I'd be good if we start making banners to promote it and tell our friends about it via journals/PM/etc.

The more the better, because we're gonna need from all help possible, even from Victoire/Verge consumers.

She was busy doing a personal project of hers, actually and while she may need your help in there as well, she wanted to ask about this:
If the site used to get the magazine started isn't free anymore, are we going to pay for it in cash?
Also, wouldn't it be best to get more Manpower to help make it work?

___

Also, there's always spreading the word by Art shops and see if it helps, we could even go and see if we can spread the news outside the site, basically speaking we will have to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time, and if anyone can make youtube videos or make vids on other sites like it, now's a good time to get started.

Agreed, we will need all art shop owners involved right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:55 am
Javier Cross

She was busy doing a personal project of hers, actually and while she may need your help in there as well, she wanted to ask about this:
If the site used to get the magazine started isn't free anymore, are we going to pay for it in cash?
Also, wouldn't it be best to get more Manpower to help make it work?

___

Also, there's always spreading the word by Art shops and see if it helps, we could even go and see if we can spread the news outside the site, basically speaking we will have to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time, and if anyone can make youtube videos or make vids on other sites like it, now's a good time to get started.

Agreed, we will need all art shop owners involved right now.

Oh, yeah. She told me about me a biography book that she has been writing last year.

Yeah. If it becomes a paid site, we'd have to resort to a "Plan B" of sorts, y'know.
And yes, we need more people. Like I said, the more the better. Otherwise, it'll be everything for nothing.

Nights-Rune is planning on creating a video on YouTube about what's going on in Gaia nowadays. You should refer to her profile and thread.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:57 am
Aaaand we had another downtime, folks:

Site Issues This Morning

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to apologize for the interruption to site services this morning that happened from about 3am -7am PT. While this didn't impact every Gaian, we are aware that it may have impacted some Gaians' ability to access the site and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The issue seems to be fixed now (thank goodness!) and we'll continue investigating the matter.

Take care! biggrin
-Sisky

And more complaints in the "Is It Down Right Now ?" site - http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/gaiaonline.com.html  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff