shamantra

Allied Pal

23,225 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hero 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:12 pm
Nice job to KittieCupcakes heart

and it's getting easier to ignore the cash push, every day, especially since they whirl by so much I didn't even realize coin flip and coin toss were 2 separate things xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm
Personally, I found at least two things worthy of a chuckle this week, so please pardon me if I don't censor my opinion here:

- I love, love, LOVE the fact that Verge has cheapened itself to merging with Victoire. It's another slap in the face to those in this "exclusive" club that was nothing more than a slap in the face to those of us deemed unworthy of being there. Tit for Tat, I say. So now, Vergians have only one week to preview and purchase items from Verge before it's released into the Commoner's Cash Shop and the price plummets. I think this is absolutely fabulous!

- I also love that Gaia has put a worthless fail item into Coin Toss. I hope they continue to do this with any and all future RIGs. Nobody seems to be concerned with those of us that lost hundreds of millions due to our 03 MCs being shoved into RIGs, and the truth is that RIGs have always had at least one massive fail items in them until recently when Gaia decided to give away Halos; DJs; Sashes; etc. like candy. I am all for anything and everything that will steer members away from the cash shop, and with this, maybe members will think twice before throwing their money at this site. Once again, Tit for Tat and I couldn't be happier to see this! I bought a Table Rage in the MP for 400 gold, and I hope to see hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of them flood the marketplace with more FAIL from Coin Toss.
emotion_drool  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm
++ I was pretty content seeing the gold-shop update... until I saw the items. While it's
in a good direction they still like to plague us with undesirable items or bad color jobs.
While it may make us happy that goldsink stuff is happening, it's not really too much of
a gold sink if the people who get the gold generators don't buy or desire these items.
Truthfully I think there should be 10 goldshop items for every 1 cashshop item they create.
Then things will feel a little more evened out.

(I do like the knitted stuff however. That was very cute)

In other news, I tried to PM Princess Angelisha, our supposed Gaian Product Manager.
Just to ask a few questions, you know? Just a simple starter message. ++

Quote:
++ Hello, Angelisha. Not one to ever get too personal or buddy buddy with Gaian work members or anything
this is probably my first time every messaging one. I see that you're the product manager of Gaia.
I don't know if that means you're solely in charge of physical goods, virtual, or both but I was wondering
what Gaia has in store "product" wise for us consumers. Are you in charge of the virtual sales such
as what to price certain IE's, Chance Items, or sales? If so I was hoping you could answer a few
questions for me if at all possible.++

++ Unfortunately I was neither messaged back but saw my sent message was no
longer in the sent but now in the outbox (thus assuming my message has been read).
For those who don't know, Princess Angelisha seems to be the 'poster' for the NPCs when it
comes to a large majority of the announcements (aka cashshop updates).

My suggestion is, does anyone remember the Gaia Magazine that use to be posted?
I think it'd be very neat if we were to compile our own information, polls, and etc and publish
a monthly magazine based on the Gaian Economy and it's growth. It'd be much easier
for the public to read and have centralized information. Including such things as glitches
or fixes that haven't been done. Just like Gaia Magazine being a magazine for Gaians
by Gaians, I'm sure we could successfully make our own, though I'm not sure what
we would call it. Gaia Revolution I guess, press edition. Hmmm. What does everyone
else think?

(Psst. I want to be a publisher for this if we do this.) ++

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:06 pm
User ImageEYESWATCHING
      a l w a y s p l o t t i n g

I was happy to see a gold shop update in between all the GC announcements. Sadly, I still feel feel like it's too little too late. If I saw more of this, then maybe I'd feel like Gaia is actually changing and has a chance.

Don't get me wrong, the items are cute and all, but like I said, too little too late. At least that's how it feels for me.

I LOVE the mailing letters idea. I will see how much it would cost me to send a letter seeing as I'm in China at the moment. Might as well send some letters home as well.

And of course I think this guild's efforts are worth it! I'm really happy I joined. It's the one place I found people that have similar ideas and concerns as myself, and are being smart and collected about it.

I've been on a crazy trip to Hong Kong that lasted longer than was intended, but I should be back to Chengdu soon and once I settle down again I'll be able to voice out my ideas.

Mad~Madisson

Sweet Pyromaniac

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:12 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Hey guys! Happy ATG.
My biggest urks:
Yet more recolours. Sorry but they aren't even GOOD recolours. You can tell they changed just the hue and didn't even bother with the contrast or any other shading...

So many bundles! At least some of them are new items though and that's something.

The nips on Aya/whatever the other one is called. I know it's supposed to be unrealistic boob shine but it looks like nips to me.

ugh. that is gross. This is my first time seeing it. I just simply don't pay attention to their releases anymore. That thing needs to go.

CourageNFaith

( BTW, does somebody ever has this item ? I'd like this one item to compose my own "protest" avatar, since I joined in 2009 )

That items is a soulbound item and cannot be traded. You probably joined after they were given out. cry

Quadropopilous
++

My suggestion is, does anyone remember the Gaia Magazine that use to be posted?
I think it'd be very neat if we were to compile our own information, polls, and etc and publish
a monthly magazine based on the Gaian Economy and it's growth. It'd be much easier
for the public to read and have centralized information. Including such things as glitches
or fixes that haven't been done. Just like Gaia Magazine being a magazine for Gaians
by Gaians, I'm sure we could successfully make our own, though I'm not sure what
we would call it. Gaia Revolution I guess, press edition. Hmmm. What does everyone
else think?

(Psst. I want to be a publisher for this if we do this.) ++

I dig your idea. You are more than welcome to jump into something like that if you choose. I'd love to see something like that. The most we can do at the moment is give you some reference topics and such.
If you were to do it. Would you post it as a thread somewhere or how do you imagine it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:35 pm
Pwnder

I dig your idea. You are more than welcome to jump into something like that if you choose. I'd love to see something like that. The most we can do at the moment is give you some reference topics and such.
If you were to do it. Would you post it as a thread somewhere or how do you imagine it?

++ We could post a thread, but it'd be a link that would.. link to our magazine.
Gaia Magazine used http://issuu.com/ so I assume we could use the same thing.
It's nifty because it also supports clickable links. We could have a nice mag
with links back to some of our hottest and most supportive threads.

Here's Gaia Online Magazine's last edition as a good example of how issuu
works. ++

http://issuu.com/gaiaonlinemagazine/docs/gom_9

Quadropopilous

Rare

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:00 pm
Quadropopilous
Pwnder

++ We could post a thread, but it'd be a link that would.. link to our magazine.
Gaia Magazine used http://issuu.com/ so I assume we could use the same thing.
It's nifty because it also supports clickable links. We could have a nice mag
with links back to some of our hottest and most supportive threads.

Here's Gaia Online Magazine's last edition as a good example of how issuu
works. ++

http://issuu.com/gaiaonlinemagazine/docs/gom_9

Ohh that is pretty nifty. Looks like it could be a lot of fun. I suppose it would pretty much cover things going on in the guild and around Gaia? I'm rolling this around in my head right now trying to imagine some things. If you have a rough draft I could check out I might be willing to participate if I have time. Other users and guilds could promote their things in it as well, just as long as it has to do with Gaia in general of course hmmm... *thinks too hard*

You need to plop this idea down in the We want to hear your voices! Give us ideas to move forward! thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:00 pm
I actually understand the Verge and La Victoire merger.(1) Look at how many people have access to the guild, or had access to the guild and then quit. You get access to the guild, you have access to the shop even if you quit the guild. Now look at how many users are online average ever day. Yea.... (2) Look at how expensive all the LV s**t is. Someone can gain access to CV in a month or a single purchase with some of these prices.

It makes no sense to give the high rollers elite CV only items. At the rate Gaia's going everyone's gonna be in it. So for now, before everyone winds up in it and CS users actually realize there's no purpose to CV anymore aside from the self-avatar dolls, make it a pseudo advance chance to make sure they keep feeling like special little snowflakes. 3nodding

The main issue is CV, like Gaia Alchemy, made no sense from the get go. Staff refuses to think about anything they do anymore. They just do it. And throw a mini fit before throwing the feature to the wayside when they finally realize what they did was stupid as s**t.

~~~~~
The only thing I mind about the re-releases is that they're the same items over and over and over again, and I'm starting to side with the people getting annoyed with their account value dropping, or the wasted gold, because combined with the gold generators, gold is worthless, and the items are expensive no matter what you use to get 'em. There's no need for Gaia to be a douchebag and re-release these things so much. If they're gonna do that, Gaia needs to just keep them in the shop and stop trying to bait and switch people with their words. We're not all slow in the head!

That male sale was TERRIBLE btw. Those were items meant for folks with female avis who like dressing up their avis as males without looking like they're body builders. Every other person was screwed. Is it so hard to make an item with pants with separate shoes, tie or another accessory, and shirt, that's has no body mods? It's NOT that hard to draw clothes to dress a male avatar. Apparently Gaia's artists are outright stupid 'cause they JUST can't get it. I'm only concerned with the male sale, 'cause I like pants. I'm tired of wearing the same 5-10 pairs of pants over and over again 'cause sad to say, most pants don't look good on female avis unless they're body mods, 'cept the entire female avi looks stupid 90% of the time with a leg body mod. emotion_facepalm

Other than that. I'm starting to not care about the re-releases. They're the same items over and over again, and luckily for me, they're items I can't ever hope to afford even if Gaia stopped re-releasing Gold generators forever, and they're items I don't like/want anyway 'cause they're usually fugly. Did Gaia fire all the artists who knew how to draw or something?

~~~~~~~

I was hoping for the gold shop update to pull me over, but that was as crappy as the CS items they're re-releasing. I am stuck with this amount of gold that's smack dab in between "so much gold I can afford all the cheap items I want and already have them" and "too little gold earned too slowly to afford any really expensive items that I fancy". -Le sigh-

This GS update felt like a continuation of the GS updates for the LAST two months. Making it very hard to not believe Gaia's artists are lazy and should be fired and replaced with competent artists.
~~~~~~~~

More and more, I find myself signing on, staring at the screen for five minutes and going, "Why am I here? Why did I bother with this?" before signing off for the rest of the day. There's no point in attempting to enjoy my favorite game "Gaia Fishing", because Gaia refuses to work with the captcha company to fix the captchas, and the fact I can't read it 90% of the time takes out all the fun from fishing. On top of that, I like chatting with people, but the occasional user who joins me does absolutely nothing but talk about Gaia's items and what items they're questing for, which I'm not interested in 'cause I can't afford and don't want them. If they don't talk about Gaia's items and what items they're questing for and how much gold they can make, they're absolutely silent 'cause they're a hardcore trophy fisher or they're questing their a** off for gold to quest for these items I don't care for. Yay...

I'm almost sad to ask this, but, am I the only one finding Gaia becoming infinitely more and more boring each day? [/rant]

~~~~~~~
I like these ATG sessions, but it's for a bit of a selfish feeling. I feel like I can rant and talk and get out all my feelings concerning this place, and if I imagine really hard, anyone who replies to me "becomes" a member of Gaia staff who actually cares about my experiences and improving those experiences on this site. Then I open my eyes again. emo

As for going way out my way to support the guild to try to work with Gaia, becoming crew, writing letters...I almost don't care about Gaia anymore. If I wrote a letter to Gaia it would probably just say "******** you for destroying this site and it's used-to-be wonderful community with your greed. I hope you're happy 'cause I damn sure know your asses are lonely." in it. That's probably not appropriate to send to someone... sweatdrop

Don't let me get you guys down though! I still believe you guys are doing the right things. emotion_brofist  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:17 pm
Andromeda Phoenix
I actually understand the Verge and La Victoire merger.(1) Look at how many people have access to the guild, or had access to the guild and then quit. You get access to the guild, you have access to the shop even if you quit the guild. Now look at how many users are online average ever day. Yea.... (2) Look at how expensive all the LV s**t is. Someone can gain access to CV in a month or a single purchase with some of these prices.

It makes no sense to give the high rollers elite CV only items. At the rate Gaia's going everyone's gonna be in it. So for now, before everyone winds up in it and CS users actually realize there's no purpose to CV anymore aside from the self-avatar dolls, make it a pseudo advance chance to make sure they keep feeling like special little snowflakes. 3nodding

The main issue is CV, like Gaia Alchemy, made no sense from the get go. Staff refuses to think about anything they do anymore. They just do it. And throw a mini fit before throwing the feature to the wayside when they finally realize what they did was stupid as s**t.

~~~~~
The only thing I mind about the re-releases is that they're the same items over and over and over again, and I'm starting to side with the people getting annoyed with their account value dropping, or the wasted gold, because combined with the gold generators, gold is worthless, and the items are expensive no matter what you use to get 'em. There's no need for Gaia to be a douchebag and re-release these things so much. If they're gonna do that, Gaia needs to just keep them in the shop and stop trying to bait and switch people with their words. We're not all slow in the head!

That male sale was TERRIBLE btw. Those were items meant for folks with female avis who like dressing up their avis as males without looking like they're body builders. Every other person was screwed. Is it so hard to make an item with pants with separate shoes, tie or another accessory, and shirt, that's has no body mods? It's NOT that hard to draw clothes to dress a male avatar. Apparently Gaia's artists are outright stupid 'cause they JUST can't get it. I'm only concerned with the male sale, 'cause I like pants. I'm tired of wearing the same 5-10 pairs of pants over and over again 'cause sad to say, most pants don't look good on female avis unless they're body mods, 'cept the entire female avi looks stupid 90% of the time with a leg body mod. emotion_facepalm

Other than that. I'm starting to not care about the re-releases. They're the same items over and over again, and luckily for me, they're items I can't ever hope to afford even if Gaia stopped re-releasing Gold generators forever, and they're items I don't like/want anyway 'cause they're usually fugly. Did Gaia fire all the artists who knew how to draw or something?

~~~~~~~

I was hoping for the gold shop update to pull me over, but that was as crappy as the CS items they're re-releasing. I am stuck with this amount of gold that's smack dab in between "so much gold I can afford all the cheap items I want and already have them" and "too little gold earned too slowly to afford any really expensive items that I fancy". -Le sigh-

This GS update felt like a continuation of the GS updates for the LAST two months. Making it very hard to not believe Gaia's artists are lazy and should be fired and replaced with competent artists.
~~~~~~~~

More and more, I find myself signing on, staring at the screen for five minutes and going, "Why am I here? Why did I bother with this?" before signing off for the rest of the day. There's no point in attempting to enjoy my favorite game "Gaia Fishing", because Gaia refuses to work with the captcha company to fix the captchas, and the fact I can't read it 90% of the time takes out all the fun from fishing. On top of that, I like chatting with people, but the occasional user who joins me does absolutely nothing but talk about Gaia's items and what items they're questing for, which I'm not interested in 'cause I can't afford and don't want them. If they don't talk about Gaia's items and what items they're questing for and how much gold they can make, they're absolutely silent 'cause they're a hardcore trophy fisher or they're questing their a** off for gold to quest for these items I don't care for. Yay...

I'm almost sad to ask this, but, am I the only one finding Gaia becoming infinitely more and more boring each day? [/rant]

~~~~~~~
I like these ATG sessions, but it's for a bit of a selfish feeling. I feel like I can rant and talk and get out all my feelings concerning this place, and if I imagine really hard, anyone who replies to me "becomes" a member of Gaia staff who actually cares about my experiences and improving those experiences on this site. Then I open my eyes again. emo

As for going way out my way to support the guild to try to work with Gaia, becoming crew, writing letters...I almost don't care about Gaia anymore. If I wrote a letter to Gaia it would probably just say "******** you for destroying this site and it's used-to-be wonderful community with your greed. I hope you're happy 'cause I damn sure know your asses are lonely." in it. That's probably not appropriate to send to someone... sweatdrop

Don't let me get you guys down though! I still believe you guys are doing the right things. emotion_brofist

emotion_hug
I know what you mean. I've got F-tons of gold and I don't even want to buy anything. If I do buy something it is because I am building an avatar. I used to want one of everything on Gaia, but now I don't want any of it. :donowant: If it has been re-released or recolored I just don't buy it, it makes me sick to think about encouraging those people who did. What I've got, I got before the apocalypse started. I'm not a frilly cute kind of fashionist either so they really need to do something for the male base, minus the body mods.
I'm just glad there are still people willing to log in and support everyone else who feels the same way. emotion_brofist

Pegasaurus Rex

We should be able to add this since it is within our own guild and free public knowledge
Send letters to:
Gaia Online
P.O. Box 612680
San Jose, CA 95161-2680
USA

Source

You for got to add to the OP that they added a new game this week and NEVER announced it. evil
Stack Attack  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:17 pm
hi I am new here. I feel like they recolor expensive items too much like Lucie. marionettes and such I feel that some plain chance items could be ok to do.
likewise the coin toss, divinity and just a terrible thing! its basically a backwards idea you pay real money for a chance a gold. likewise because it exist people go bananas with the prices of things!!!

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm
SighingNight

And I hope to God that there isn't any GaiaCash crap in the Valentines day event...

There totally will be though...

Anyone wanna bet on it?

rofl Do we even need to bet? I think that's a given. They'll probably even make a new gold generator for Valentines Day with a bundle of pink items and even more recolors.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
          I fail to see why Victoria and Verge would join together...are they not the same thing? Except Victoria had stuff that if you watched a ton of videos you could afford up to 200 cash for SOMETHING. Does this mean we normal Gaians cannot go into Victoria?

From what I understand, the only thing this changes is that members of Club Verge will be able to buy items that will appear in La Victoire seven days early.

Sounds pretty pointless if you ask me, but hey, they gotta make sure their rich members feel special. :/

And the freakin' loyalty shop isn't even out yet! stressed  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:34 pm
Hawkeyesgun
The first thing on the list to talk about are the bundles this week. I feel as if the quality of the bundles have been decreasing. (Maybe there have been too many of them released to keep up with the first wave of them) I feel as if all of the re-releases are overdone and down right annoying at this point. I feel as if the bundles purpose is to justify the gold generators that Gaia has been putting out.

If you want to see anything about Flynn, check the spoiler.
The BOLDED titles are release announcements. Non bold is just a general announcement about Flynn.
08-19-2013 Real Flynn's Booty
08-23-2013 Flynn's Booty: Get it while it's hot
08-23-2013 Flynn's Booty Last Chance
09-26-2013 Flynn's Booty is back
09-29-2013 Flynn's Booty Last Chance
09-30-2013 Flynn's Booty Final Hours
10-04-2013 Flynn's Booty is Back for 24 hours
10-15-2013 Flynn's Booty is back for 12 hours
10-22-2013 Flynn's Booty and chest are back
10-26-2013 Flynn's Booty and chest are back
11-03-2013 Flynn's Booty and chest are back
11-10-2013 Flynn's Booty is back
11-24-2013 Flynn's Booty 6 hour sale
12-04-2013 Flynn's Booty and chest are back
01-02-2014 Flynn's Booty and chest are back

01-04-2014 Final hours--deeper discounts
01-09-2014 Flynn's Booty is back for 12 hours
01-23-2014 Flynn's Booty and Chest are back!

01-23-2014 Flynn's Booty and Chest are leaving La Victoire soon!

What is a "Male Sale"?! I have never been more angry in my life. All of the items that were released in the "Male Sale" were things that I actually liked. So, it's not a "manly" anything. Not to mention what people were asking for were more items catered to the male avi. Not re releases of male items. Ugh, Gaia. Why?

I wonder sometimes if the purpose of bundles is combating inflation. It works, but too well. Some items have deflated past the price they originally were before Flynn's Booty first arrived. I was looking at the price of '03 MCs and it's just sad.

Flynn's Booty... can't they just let it die already? How many gold generators do they need? Every time I see Flynn I just get angrier. She's become the symbol of this new Gaia to me.

I was angry at the Male Sale, too! We're severely lacking manly items and then they act like they're listening by having this sale, but it's not what we wanted. Is it so hard to actually read through feedback? If they had made new items it would have been much better received even if it was only in the cash shop. But no, of course not. Gaia's the biggest sell-out I've ever seen. =.="  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:43 pm
Pwnder
Andromeda Phoenix

~~~~~

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

emotion_hug
I know what you mean. I've got F-tons of gold and I don't even want to buy anything. If I do buy something it is because I am building an avatar. I used to want one of everything on Gaia, but now I don't want any of it. :donowant: If it has been re-released or recolored I just don't buy it, it makes me sick to think about encouraging those people who did. What I've got, I got before the apocalypse started. I'm not a frilly cute kind of fashionist either so they really need to do something for the male base, minus the body mods.
I'm just glad there are still people willing to log in and support everyone else who feels the same way. emotion_brofist

emotion_hug 3nodding I found myself the other day picking up a very cheap re-released item I didn't even like or want. Like, it didn't even look good on my avi and I'm like "Did I just buy something just to buy something?" and then Gaia re-released it again like 2 days later and it dropped down so much it wasn't even worth attempting to sell. I was like "Is this what a vendor feels like? This is a terrible feeling. gonk " emotion_facepalm

Addressing the male base and male userbase would make a very nice large-sized gold shop update. 3nodding *nudges Gaia*

*tries very hard to ignore Gaia's items*

As long as Gaia's still acting silly, and this guild is still active and I'm here, I've got my pompom outs, at least. Been supporting this cause since [N.K.] in 2009-ish, and Cleosombra in 2011/2012-ish, if you or anyone remembers those users. 3nodding emotion_brofist  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:44 pm
witchy cat panther
hi I am new here. I feel like they recolor expensive items too much like Lucie. marionettes and such I feel that some plain chance items could be ok to do.
likewise the coin toss, divinity and just a terrible thing! its basically a backwards idea you pay real money for a chance a gold. likewise because it exist people go bananas with the prices of things!!!

It's their game. They re-color/re-release all the really expensive in demand items to keep their GC pricing at large. Plus it gives those GC buyers an incentive to keep buying because they can sell it on the MP for those damned rediculous prices. While anyone who didn't buy it or couldn't afford it, has to buy gold generators to even get near it stressed  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff