Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:30 am
XxiHyphyMexicanxX
question
a friend of mine was banned from here apparently for what reason she wont say and i need to know who she can talk to about possibly getting back in here, i think its obvious why i have to ask

What was your friend's username? If you'll go ahead and have her PM me I can talk through it with her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:30 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Hello again my friends! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.
Last week was pretty eventful for Gaia, so let's get started!

Last week's recap:

o More Bundles! (Of course.) x x x x
o More Recolors! (Not surprised.) x x x And a staff update containing a site-wide poll asking for color preferences for recolored items.
o The January Monthly Collectibles came out.
o A new gold generator, "Coin Flip", was released. Then they felt the need to give us another announcement in case we forgot about it. Then another one for the "last hour". Overkill, much?
o A new CrosStitch contest has begun! I'll talk a little more about that later.

It looks like Bundles are not going away anytime soon, and recolors are replacing new items. Also, what did you think about Coin Flip? Do you think many people bought it? I wish they'd let us see the numbers because I feel like it failed pretty bad if they had to announce it THREE times.
If I forgot anything, please let me know!

And in case anyone missed it, reapersun made us a Sherlock freebie! Seriously, how awesome is she? (The item is Griefstache)

What's new in the guild:

o We've got a few entries in the Avatar Arena this week, so make sure to check them out!
o Remember that CrosStitch contest? Well if you have any item ideas that might get our message across (or at least give us a good laugh) please visit Revolution: Gaia cross stitch designs thread!
o We've had a few crew members resign due to real life circumstances, so please bear with us as we try to adjust. We'd like to thank Guardian Arlen, frozen_water and la petite mignonne for their hard work and dedication and wish them all the best!

As always, everyone is invited and encouraged to send their questions and concerns about Gaia to usertalk@gaiaonline.com. If anyone gets a reply, please be sure to share it with us!

I know things are rough on Gaia right now, but as long as this site's alive I truly believe we can make a difference. Gaia's biggest asset is US, the members! Without us, they're out of a job. We can have a huge impact if everyone works together.

Hehe, hello again! smile

Can't wait for the debates we're gonna have. biggrin
As usual, I'll answer by parts:

o More Bundles! (Of course.)

o More Recolors! (Not surprised.) And a staff update containing a site-wide poll asking for color preferences for recolored items.

Yeah. This, recolors and GGs are now the spotlight of this leadership. "Everything for the monies!", "Dopamine, baby" and Boobies"Monies or GTFO!". emotion_facepalm
(Including literally selling theirs and Gaia's souls to the Devil)

And that thread...Really, Gaia ? neutral
Instead for asking for some creative stuff you do this ? Show how much you're not only greedy but flippin' lazy. stressed

o The January Monthly Collectibles came out.

I honestly wasn't expecting that they would sell collectible anymore due to what I said before. It's honestly an "alien sight" to me. eek
I wonder what's inside ? I'll check it later.

o A new gold generator, "Coin Flip", was released. Then they felt the need to give us another announcement in case we forgot about it. Then another one for the "last hour". Overkill, much?

Oh, I already talked a lot about this crap in my thread.
To sum it up: I don't want it, I don't want to contribute to more inflation and I'd rather this to be just another RIG with items only.
And I wish that it doesn't get back ever again. stressed

o A new CrosStitch contest has begun! I'll talk a little more about that later.
More of this gold sink, Gaia! gonk Please! gonk
Anyway, I thought this was a good idea. This should've been extended to other shops. smile

And in case anyone missed it, reapersun made us a Sherlock freebie! Seriously, how awesome is she? (The item is Griefstache)
Yeah, it was a great item. biggrin It even has two backgrounds included.

And thanks for the votes, people. heart
I'm gonna need all the help necessary since what counts (sadly) nowadays in AA is who has the mostly friends wins instead of skill and dedication deciding who's the winner. Best wishes to everybody who entered. smile

I know things are rough on Gaia right now, but as long as this site's alive I truly believe we can make a difference. Gaia's biggest asset is US, the members! Without us, they're out of a job. We can have a huge impact if everyone works together.
Yeah, let's keep fighting the good fight. smile  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:46 am
Hawkeyesgun
Pwnder

Hey sweetie! (Sorry I haven't been on for a while, I had a convention to speak at.)
I heard a pretty nasty rumor here that Lanzer got bought out of Gaia by it's new COO. I heard he was still on staff, but hasn't been playing a significant role in any of its new advances. I also heard that this person fired a significant amount of its staff and have yet to recover from the massive staff change. (This is only a rumor) I just can't seem to shake the feeling because it would explain a lot of the unhappy changes that have been going on recently. I just feel so heartbroken that my Gaia family is leaving, never to return.

This is not new news... By several years, in fact.
Lanzer sold Gaia & became a figurehead several years ago, but the new CEO is relatively new news (the past year or so). Many of us believe that it's the fault of this new CEO that Gaia has begun heading in the direction it currently is.
This new CEO has a reputation of entering a company, draining it dry, pocketing all the profits that he can, & then driving the company into the ground. Since he's the new CEO of Gaia, many of us suspect that he has plans to do the same here, & while it's disheartening, we're still fighting tooth & nail against it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:09 am
FaithBlack
Hawkeyesgun
Pwnder

Hey sweetie! (Sorry I haven't been on for a while, I had a convention to speak at.)
I heard a pretty nasty rumor here that Lanzer got bought out of Gaia by it's new COO. I heard he was still on staff, but hasn't been playing a significant role in any of its new advances. I also heard that this person fired a significant amount of its staff and have yet to recover from the massive staff change. (This is only a rumor) I just can't seem to shake the feeling because it would explain a lot of the unhappy changes that have been going on recently. I just feel so heartbroken that my Gaia family is leaving, never to return.

Lanzer sold Gaia & became a figurehead several years ago, but the new CEO is relatively new news (the past year or so). Many of us believe that it's the fault of this new CEO that Gaia has begun heading in the direction it currently is.
This new CEO has a reputation of entering a company, draining it dry, pocketing all the profits that he can, & then driving the company into the ground. Since he's the new CEO of Gaia, many of us suspect that he has plans to do the same here, & while it's disheartening, we're still fighting tooth & nail against it.

I knew a little bit about Lanzer, but I don't know much of anything about this new guy. I heard that he's bad news, I guess I just didn't realize how bad. Thanks for getting me a little more "in-the-know"  

Hawkeyesgun

Timid Genius

11,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 am
FaithBlack

I think the difference there is less that people who pay actual money get a priority, I think it's that since there's actual money involved at all, Gaia could face a lawsuit for not giving members the item they pay for.

Of course that is the hard truth. The lack of customer service is slowly becoming a bigger and bigger issue it seems. It's understandable that with limited staff they would have to concentrate on the things that could get them sued versus the other issues, but this is just making it a more noticable problem.

I'm less worried about my account than what the major malfunction behind the lack of attention to this problem is. Ugh! with the ATA gone we don't get answers anymore *tumbleweed drifts by*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 am
Pwnder
I've made a list of current forum topics that might be insightful so that members may either participate or educated themselves by, they can be seen here. I'll be updating these regularly. Also, I'll be monitoring Gaia site traffic to see if there really is an increase or decrease for the site in general, just to see what kind of path the user base is on, at the very least how the site is trending week by week.

I see that Coin Flip didn't remain in the CS very long. Maybe that is good considering what it pays out. How much damage did it do I wonder stare ?
Gaia continues to put out disguised Gold Generators, I can't say I consider this one "nerfed" because it still puts out the more rare and high priced items, some of them still a topic of controversy. I suspect that there are many more to come under different titles. They are still not listening.

One thing that has really bothered me is the fact that I've seen quite a few people complain about customer service here on Gaia. In particular when it come to account activation. I have an account that was closed (again) after that "fix" in November. I filed a ticket but never got an answer. I filed another ticket just this last week and am waiting on an answer ( I have two tickets open now) This topic was opened in SF and several other users are having the same issue, yet no mod dropped in to help out ( you know like they usually do) I did find out, however that this topic got an answer REAL quick like. (note the dates and times)
So from my perspective I'm seeing the GC purchasers get immediate attention versus the regular old issues = ignored.
Maybe I'm being biased, but only other observers can help me decide.

Great job in the threads, Pwnder. biggrin They'll be very helpful.
Well, they said it would last for 3 days, and I hope it's the last of what we see of that stupid RIG.
And no, they're still not listening, let alone "caring" for the community. And it shows. neutral

And this practice seems how also they care more about the monies than anything else. As I said before, their priorities are messed up. neutral

Hawkeyesgun

Talking about rumors, I got the following when the site was down:
They're basically self-destroying themselves along with this site due to their immature behavior. First they close AtA, now they spam the crap out of us with GC stuff and hand waves all the problems away (when it doesn't simply ignore them).
This is why you get stuff like this:
Quote:
To those that are wondering, I'll throw some information into the pot. Lanzer sold Gaia to a Chain Company well known for sucking sites dry then spitting them out for lower end companies to play with. Only 1 or the original Admins remain. This is why Gaia's been pushing sales every single day. From my understanding the last remaining Admin is being used to assist in running Gaia since they know the site better and they only need 1 person to do this job. Unless Lanzer buys Gaiaonline back, the odds of Gaiaonline's survival all depends on how deep our pockets are and the company it ends up being picked up by.

And this:
Quote:
Actually this doesn't surprise me at all, and Lanzer is no longer any part of Gaia for those that believe he still is. Lanzer sold Gaia to a chain that destroys websites, so if Gaia doesn't come back. Look for other things to do. If you're a hardcore gamer, put your skills to the test on LimitRO, like dressing up your char and killing stuff, Eden Eternal's for you. Btw for those of you that don't know, Gaiaonline has a death timer that's counting down.

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:25 am
Hawkeyesgun
FaithBlack
Hawkeyesgun
Pwnder

I knew a little bit about Lanzer, but I don't know much of anything about this new guy. I heard that he's bad news, I guess I just didn't realize how bad. Thanks for getting me a little more "in-the-know"

I once got something like this when the site went down for hours (12 December 2013). If what Yuuki said was ever true, we're in for a grim and dark future. neutral

Pwnder
FaithBlack

I think the difference there is less that people who pay actual money get a priority, I think it's that since there's actual money involved at all, Gaia could face a lawsuit for not giving members the item they pay for.

Of course that is the hard truth. The lack of customer service is slowly becoming a bigger and bigger issue it seems. It's understandable that with limited staff they would have to concentrate on the things that could get them sued versus the other issues, but this is just making it a more noticable problem.

I'm less worried about my account than what the major malfunction behind the lack of attention to this problem is. Ugh! with the ATA gone we don't get answers anymore *tumbleweed drifts by*

Yeah, and they should stop with this "Money Sink" mentality already. They still don't realize we're going to hit an huge mountain wall hard if they don't change their path. stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:36 am
CourageNFaith

FaithBlack
I'm noticing an upward trend of people complaining about the new Captchas that they introduced to Fishing. People are complaining all over the place because no one can read the things. There's a new petition started, & several threads popping up all over the place. The ones I linked to are only a few examples. I'm not sure when exactly the complaints started, but the earliest examples I've found have been from Jan 9th.

Considering that you need fish for Alchemy, & that people are buying alchemy supplies & recipes with GC, you'd think that this would be a bigger deal to staff that no one can read the captchas, & it's causing many fishers to stop fishing, which means that it's driving the prices for fish up in the marketplace, & isn't helping the economy, considering that when the economy was normal, red guppies sold for 6 gold, compared to 2000 for one red guppy now.

On top of that, Gaia is now paying 2 different companies to put captchas up. The company that gives us the bad fishing captchas is a different company than the one that gives us the captchas in the forums & Aquariums (SolveMedia). Gaia is acting like they're in desperate need of some money, & yet they waste money like this?
I'd love to see some ACTUAL site updates done, rather than every single announcement being an advertisement for a new, Cash only item. I don't know what motivated them to switch to this other company for their fishing captchas, but it was a stupid move.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory, where Gaia is doing s**t like this ON PURPOSE so to literally sabotage "Booty Grab" and force people to buy GC crap.
It sounds crazy, really, but what to expect from someone who doesn't give a damn to the community and takes every single opportunity to take a profit out of it ?
These people don't have limits. neutral

You misunderstood me. The GOOD captchas are on Booty Grab/Aquariums/the forums right now, the BAD captcas are on Fishing. You can't buy these fish with cash, as you can only get them by fishing or buying them off the marketplace. They're used in Alchemy & you can make items with them. The fish you get from fishing are different than the fish you get for your aquarium.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:39 am
CourageNFaith
Hawkeyesgun
FaithBlack
Hawkeyesgun
Pwnder

I once got something like this when the site went down for hours (12 December 2013). If what Yuuki said was ever true, we're in for a grim and dark future. neutral

Pwnder
FaithBlack

Yeah, and they should stop with this "Money Sink" mentality already. They still don't realize we're going to hit an huge mountain wall hard if they don't change their path. stressed

But if what I've said is correct, why would they stop? If they don't have plans of allowing Gaia to stay open, if they just want to suck it dry & discard it once they've made all the money they can off of it, why would they stop? Their current methods are doing great at just that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:41 am
FaithBlack

You misunderstood me. The GOOD captchas are on Booty Grab/Aquariums/the forums right now, the BAD captcas are on Fishing. You can't buy these fish with cash, as you can only get them by fishing or buying them off the marketplace. They're used in Alchemy & you can make items with them. The fish you get from fishing are different than the fish you get for your aquarium.

Oh, ok. My sincere apologies.
But yeah. This is one of many bugs that never seen to be fixed.

For instance: what to say of the infamous "Wishlist bug" which was also never fixed ? It happened to me twice last year.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:43 am
I'm freaking blown away by the pricing of Aquarium fish in the marketplace right now.
I wish I knew a good way for R:G to help that portion of the community out. The only thing I can think of is doing a fish drive and spamming the daily chances every day to get them.
I think they are driving up the price of fish so they can eventually sell them for GC via the Cash Shop too. burning_eyes
I wanna head them off at the pass ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:44 am
CourageNFaith
FaithBlack

Oh, ok. My sincere apologies.
But yeah. This is one of many bugs that never seen to be fixed.

What also to say of the infamous "Wishlist bug" which was also never fixed ?
It happened to me twice last year.

I'm not aware of any wishlist bug.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:48 am
Pwnder
I'm freaking blown away by the pricing of Aquarium fish in the marketplace right now.
I wish I knew a good way for R:G to help that portion of the community out. The only thing I can think of is doing a fish drive and spamming the daily chances every day to get them.
I think they are driving up the price of fish so they can eventually sell them for GC via the Cash Shop too. burning_eyes

What? I don't understand you.
All aquarium items are sold in the shops for GC. Everything on that list was in the Aquarium shop, being sold for GC at one time or another. It's on the marketplace now because people bought it for cash & are now selling it for gold.
You can't get all Aquarium fish from the Daily Chance, only certain, cheap ones, like Goldfish & Sharktooth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:50 am
FaithBlack
I'm not aware of any wishlist bug.

Well, it's a bug that happens when you're editing your wishlist.
You edit it, save, and afterwards, the list suddenly vanishes. It's frustrating, specially if you have tons of items in there, because you'll have to start everything from scratch.

Here are some topics:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.89660845/?_gaia_t_=3934

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.88630119/?_gaia_t_=3934  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:04 pm
FaithBlack
Pwnder

What? I don't understand you.
All aquarium items are sold in the shops for GC. Everything on that list was in the Aquarium shop, being sold for GC at one time or another. It's on the marketplace now because people bought it for cash & are now selling it for gold.
You can't get all Aquarium fish from the Daily Chance, only certain, cheap ones, like Goldfish & Sharktooth.

There are several fish that were at one time sold in the CS either outright or in a bundle, but are now unavailable for purchase, other than the marketplace. Daily Chance doesn't give great fish but it's better than no fish. Especially when the free users can't afford 2+mil or 499gc for a single dolphin.
It's funny how the Water Meat is more expensive in gold than the Dolphin, yet it's cheaper at 250gc. stare  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff