Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Exam] Shadows of a Doubt Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:41 am

Zar knew only too well that words had power, he had tried to skew his nature towards them once upon a time and in doing so had gotten but a taste of what they were capable of. Names too were linked to the very power the tutor referred to. Zar offered none of this, simply looked on as the board began to shift and as the text was replaced instead by shadowed figures, most he did not recognise, one solitary one he did.

The moment the figure meant for him registered, It felt as though in an instant all of his innards turned to solid ice, anxiety and helplessness welling up in him like a glacier. All he could think was why? Why would anyone bring him here? Why did he have to relive this pain for the sake of an exam?

He almost spoke, almost broke the quiet order of the classroom to plead anything but this, but before he could the world shifted and he was left alone with nothing but the candle and his father for company.

The figure was tall, taller even than Zar with his strange familiar horns. In a rustle of insect-like wings it turned to face him, all deadly straight lines offset by the lethal sinuous lines of the tentacles curling behind him. The man’s eyes on him were chilly and detached and his heart ached, he’d sought all his life to impress his father and ultimately in the end he had failed him, failed him utterly.

A tentacle lashed out and around his neck, twisted tight and strong and the figure leaned in close
“You are worthless.” It hissed with the faint click of mandibles and a trill of rage deep in its chest. “A worthless disgrace, you were our hope, we gave you everything you could ever want, even our fear. We forged you and taught you and like flawed glassss you broke under the ssstrain. If you were in my hive I would feed you to the more healthy and successful creatures, there is no room in the world for weakness.”

“B..but.” he stammered, hooves scrabbling to stay on the ground under him. “I.. I tried. I did my best, I’m just not. I’m not.” Not what they wanted, not good enough, not worthy of friends or glory. Nothing but a servile hanger on to stronger and better demons. “I wanted to be something new but I couldn’t change the fact I am something old, something old and typical.” He’d resigned himself to the fact he was an incubus, just a normal incubus, not drawn to paperwork but forced into paperwork, coaxed more by emotions than anything else.

He had to fight back the tears as the other tentacle wound around his waist. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

“Sorry is never enough, it won’t be enough until you are gone and we can replace you. Why did you never try? Why did you never even attempt to be strong?” he was shaken like a ragdoll. “Why wouldn’t you have a spine? What kind of demon FEELS?”

“Because I’m a failure.” He said, going limp. “Because I don’t deserve to be part of your family, you told me this before. You are correct. Completely correct. So let me go.”

The tentacles receded. “As long as you realise that fact, and that one day I will take back everything I gave you, including your dismal little existence.”

Zar just hung his head and nodded as the figure retreated.

He was too tired to fight the demands of his father.

http://bane.thesporkedken.com/zar/doodles/zardad.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:10 pm
He had always heard that the pen was mightier than the sword. It was a funny phrase, since Halloweeners didn't really use swords, but the basic meaning was that sometimes knowledge was better than physical intimidation. Or something along those lines, really...

Erebus watched, entranced as the words began to move and even glow... wait, an enchantment? But what kind of-- Oh. Oh.

His breath caught as he stared at that one distinct figure that was etched clearly in his memory. "M-mom?" Erebus felt himself whisper, eyes fixated on her. How long had it been since he and his brothers had left for Amityville, and the only correspondence between them and their parents had merely been letters? It was his mother, exactly as he remembered... No.

"Oh, Erebus." The figure that resembled his mother sighed, placing her hands on her hips as she walked directly towards him, eyes flashing angrily. "I'd say I'd expected more of you, but that would be a lie, wouldn't it? You, the middle brother, always the meek one, the quieter one. Once you separate yourself from your brothers, there's really not much there."

It was her voice, no doubt, and he felt his fists clench at his side as guilt and sadness washed through him. 'It's not her, Erebus.' A voice said firmly in his mind. 'It's like the time with that vision of Thack. It's not her.' And yet, the truth of it hit him. It had always been the core of his self doubt, and it was only when the Professor's voice interrupted the silence between them that he snapped out of it.

"I know I'm not as strong as Arthur." He began. "Not as accepted and loved by everyone like Thack. When I first came to Amityville, I was scared. Without them, what was I? I didn't know what I was as an individual without them both by my side constantly, and I was so lost and confused." Slowly, his fingers relaxed as he let his arms flop to his side out of exhaustion.

The shade that looked like his mother said nothing, only fixed him with a withering stare and folded her arms.

"I was always scared I wouldn't bring pride to the family. I thought I would bring shame upon the family name because I was mediocre. I thought that everyone would eventually look down on me, even you, even Dad, even..." there was a lump in his throat, "Arthur and Thack." The creeple he loved the most in this entire world, and whom he would do anything to see them happy. But he never thought that he had the ability to. He was a roadblock, the middle brother, the one that would drag them down.

At least, that was what he once thought.

"All I ever wanted was for you all to be happy. And maybe I can't make that happen, but I will be there no matter what. There was that time when Thack was in a coma, and I blamed myself for not being a good enough older brother to protect him from it. I thought that maybe, if I had been around more, I could have prevented such a thing from ever happening for him. But I realized I couldn't sit around and wallow in my guilt." Erebus took a few deep breaths before slowly raising his head and looking at the doppelganger in the eye as he continued. "All I could do was to go in there and save him. That was all I could do, and I had help, from those I knew, and some I didn't. But what mattered is that we were all in this for a sole purpose, and that was to save my brother."

"You always had to depend on others." Her voice was soft, and it cut through him like a knife, but Erebus steeled himself, drawing upon his memories of those days, when he had been conflicted about killing the shade of Thack, even if it would bring his real brother back to him.

"I do." He said firmly. "I can't do things alone. But I do what I can, and I will do what I will to improve myself. And it's my brothers, my friends that give me that strength. I'm not a perfect son, by any means. No prodigal son that you might have hoped for, but I'm your son." For a brief moment, Erebus wondered if he would have dared to ever open up to his parents as he was right now.

"I won't let you down, no, I won't let myself down. Not anymore."

The figure smirked. "Only time will tell, won't it? See to it that this determination of yours doesn't fail." It turned and walked away, tail swishing as it added. "Or else."

The Cerberus boil nodded mutely. He would be lying if he said he didn't still feel empty and hollow by those words that he had always thought surrounded him in whispered. But in the very end, he had no doubt of the progress he had made, and there was time ahead to take one step at a time.

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:08 pm
Rosy always knew that words were strong, thanks to her own experience with magic at home. So it really came to no surprise to her as she saw the words starts to move.

When a very specific figure came out of the blackboard, Rosy wasn’t quite sure what to expect. As the world faded around her, leaving only her, and her mother alone with a single candle between them it was all she could do to not attempt and run away right then. She wasn’t ready for this. Not her mother – anyone but…

“So what have you even been doing here?” The harsh, whip crack of her mother’s voice struck her ears. Her anger – no – rage was evident and in full force. “Have you learned ANYTHING while you’ve been here?”

The elder Night Hag advanced, floating a few inches off the ground as she came. Her hair was a dark mess of black, her own red eyes narrowed at Rosy like two piercing daggers of hate and anger.

“It seems like this is just a waste of time, I should bring you and your brother back home, since you don’t look like you’ve learned a single, bloody, thing.” The Vaughn Matriarch hissed through clenched teeth.

Rosy froze, swallowing slowly as she tried to find her voice amongst the barrage of her mother’s withering anger. It was just like when she’d left, all the anger and disappointment coming at her in a huge torrent that she could barely keep her head above.

“I… I’ve learned a lot,” Rosy began. “I’ve made lots of frie-“

“I didn’t send you here to make friends,” Her mother howled with rage, closing the distance. This forced Rosy to sidestep, using the candle as a shield. Keeping it between herself and her mother. It was all she could do to not tremble as her mother reared on her.

“I didn’t send you to here to do anything but learn and become stronger so that you could take my place, but you’ve been slacking off – haven’t you?”

“No… No, I haven’t been slacking! I’ve been attending all my classes and-“ Rosy tried to raise her voice.

“And learning nothing! You’re almost as bad as that failure of an older brother of yours,” Her mother growled, once again moving closer. “He was useless then and still is now! I ought to bring you both home and flay him, useless thing. I should take his other eye besides.” Her fingers flexed into a claw shape, mimicking the act of plucking out an eye.

“LEAVE DARREN OUT OF THIS!” Rosy yelled, feeling a chill of fear run through her entire body as she raised her voice. “HE’S DONE EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER ASK AND MORE – LEAVE HIM ALONE!”

“ENOUGH!” Her mother roared, hand raised in a claw like fashion, ready to strike at Rosy. “One more word and I’ll take your eyes, you impudent little…”

Rosy panicked, lowering her head to keep the blow from landing on her eyes, while at the same time trying to keep the candle firmly between them. She didn’t want her mother to see her like this – not again. She could feel the tears beginning to well in the corner of her eyes. She wouldn’t cry in front of her mother – not this time. Steeling herself, she grit her teeth, and looked up.

“FINE! Take my eyes and I will be just as useless as he is!” Rosy spat, feeling anger well up in her chest as she floated a few inches off the ground herself now.

“And then who will take over for you then? Auntie? You don’t trust her farther than you can throw her!” She felt herself shaking. “I… I need Darren here. He’s acting on my behalf, doing things I’ve been sending him to do. I need to stay here so I can learn more… So I can take over when I’m done…” Rosy kept her head high, her eyes narrowed and her teeth clenched. She wasn’t unused to lying to her mother – but a lie this big was hard to pull off.

“Fine…” Her mother hissed, arm lowering slowly as she turned away. “But I’ll hold you to that… But make sure you give that boy extra whippings from me – he’s bound to have grown lazy and willful by now.”

“Yes… Mother… I will do so.” Rosy choked on those words.

“Good girl,” Her mother cooed as she slowly floated off into the dark, leaving Rosy alone with a flickering candle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:57 pm
When the writing began to move he knew something was coming, the anticipation of which had long blue nails digging into the top of his desk. This was it right, the climax of exams, the part he had waited for - or had been until a particular figure broke free of the others that spilled out form the board, one he knew that was meant for him. An enchantment of - Spinar's lips parted for a snarl.

Him. Why him?

Quickly his fingers uncurled from the desk, lifting out towards the shadowy set that approached his face."If you were at home you would be twice as fast by now, Spinar." After a block of what was not there and the sting to his pride with whispered words it was then that he realized the world around him had changed. No longer was he sitting at a desk, no, he was now alone with the looming spiky figure with nothing but a flicker of light between them. "I've improved." He protested arrogantly, never willing to back down, not to him.

Never to him.

"Minimal improvement isn't enough. You know this, or have you already forgotten the ways of your upbringing? Why ask, clearly you have...look at you...such a shame for an only son." The figure swooped in, its shadowy face inches from the narrowed eyed frost demon now and nearly a mirror image. It's voice in an even hiss as it continued its belittling speech. "I forgot, it's fun right? Fun to be a let down, fun to be weak, fun to forget who you are and where you came from, fun fun fun....isn't It Spinar? " Clawed fingers snapped near his cheek and the boil jumped, fist clenching.

"Fun." The boils voice broke, then he heard it the demand of the teacher. Gaining strength from the fact that this wasn't 'real' Spinar snorted and lifted his chin, continuing his counter attack, " It is fun..Sipoxon..." Spinar replied, calmly, tone holding steady for all he was worth. Using the elders name since father was an alien term, unless in sarcasm. Now walking a counter circle to the figure that followed. "Fun to learn new skills which you know nothing of, fun to watch you fester with rage in your cavern of ice because your only son will be stronger than you without learning from you. " He laughed mockingly, hiding a building insecurity, "so. much. fun."

Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh.

Quick paced movements and grunts filled the darkness, the candle that grounded him to this 'world' flickered with each gust of fist made wind. Fighting, he was fighting him, it felt surreal and which he supposed it was but at the same time it felt invigorating to be showing him exactly what it was he had been doing this entire time. With each burst of energy a new snarl was let out at him in the darkness, cutting him with its criticism but at the same time his movements kept them at a certain bay.

Though Spinar was quick to see that even with all he had managed to learn this year, he was still no match, even if holding step. Not even for a shadow of his father, which was a critical hit to his arrogant pride, one that put note in mind that he had to strive for more, to better himself further without fail.

Exhausted Spinar fell to his knees, the shadowy figure he had fought with looming back over him. It seemed satisfied with his state and yet it left one final bark before dissipating, "your mother wont always come to save you Spinar. If you want to be anything more than a waste of fear buckle down as you should. Though, seeing as how you are at your limits now...I don't expect much." Spinar opened his eyes, fist uncurling to reveal cuts from his nails into his palms. He knew he had improved vastly from his start, but, enchantments were annoyingly dangerous things.

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:34 pm
Muka found himself suddenly in front of the scrutinzing golden gaze of his father. The strix blinked, head turning from side to side, seeing nothing around him but all-absorbing darkness. The elder Knobwalker, Senior (as they called him) stroked his carefully groomed goatee and regarded his son skeptically.

"I am not sure that this school has improved you in any way." As usual his voice was silk but Muka picked up the disappointed edge. The underlying hint of annoyance. "You are still odd. Unsociable. Such," he sneered, "a monster."

Muka's body straightened defensively. In the past he would have simply nodded his apology and hollowly answered that he'd try harder but not anymore. The owl-boil almost bristled. "It is no shame to be.. hrmm. monstery." His head bobbled definitively. "And regardless of your..heh.. opinion," he grinned, "I have made friends and meaningful connections."

His wings had even rose on his back, unknowingly, and becoming aware of it they sunk back down. His father barely seemed phased by the response. He almost smirked in amusement. "And I suppose you think a few friends is all it takes to make it in this life? Hmmm? The power of friendship will keep your standard of living? Will pay for those suits?" the figure advanced and poked Muka in the gut with relish, "Will pay for your dinners?"

The strix actually giggled but took a step back and held his belly. "I am comfortable," he pinned his father with a dominant gaze, "entering the family business if I need to. But I have already begun investing on my own. I.. hee.. may be just fine on my own."

The father figure tapped his bottom lip and nodded, "Humility in the face of possible failure? Perhaps you have learned a thing or two."

And then Senior turned and left.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:19 pm
The teacher had been talking, but Etzer hadn't really been listening due to him trying to stop his own nosebleed. Hence, why he'd been so surprised when the scenery changed into his father, looking sternly at him with disappointment etched completely across his face.

"You were supposed to find a demon to be with, not some mongrel monster. Who is supposed to carry on the family name?" The frost demon couldn't help but flinch at the words, inwardly thinking that this really didn't sound like his father, but the surprise of the accusation threw him for a loop. The words were harsh. Where had he come from? Was it parent-teacher night and he hadn't been informed?

"I'll be better at other things." The nosebleed finally stopped and Etzer pulled his hand away, sighing in relief as he slid his blood-coated fingers together, already noting that it was starting to dry.

"And the stripping," Drawled his voice, a hand reaching out to pick up the jacket that Etzer had shrugged off, "Has to stop. No demon son of mine would dare strip in the middle of an area-" Slamming his hand on the table, Etzer let out a long sigh, his anger starting to loosen.

"Look, father. I didn't ask to be sent here. You sent me here to get better at the things you thought I was good at. I ended up being better at things I didn't realize. I don't know if I make you proud or not. I am, however, glad that you sent Molan to look after me. He needs looked after as well, because he's family." He stared into his father's eyes, not backing down. He was just as stubborn as his father, and both of them knew it.

"You're changing the subject."

"So were you. I am not who you are. Stop trying to mold me, and let me just be me." His mannerisms faltered the more upset he became, fingers curling on the desk as he fought to keep his temper. "Just let me be who I am. I'll keep in touch."

"See that you do." His father's eyes narrowed as he lingered a moment longer as if to say something else. He then turned and left without another word.

Etzer collapsed back in his chair, fingers pressing into one of his temples as he rested his head on his hands. Well, Jack. That went well.

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:19 pm
From beyond the darkness, Darcy sat, a cup of tea mixed with blood honey in hand, waiting for the students to regain themselves, to fight their own demons as it were.

One by one they would find themselves in the classroom again, the flickering candle illuminating their vision until their eyes adjusted to the return of reality. "Adequately done. Erebus, Etzer, Spinar, Rosmiera- please come forward. You have, in my viewing, advanced enough that you shall be moved to your second year studies. However- if you so wish to gain my personal approval of your accomplishments... Take what you have written and in six months time, try this once more. I am a man who must be convinced before I believe in mere words written in passing."

He handed them each a copy of their essay before turning to address the last two- Zar and Ulmuka.
"As for the both of you- You have like them, passed the written and oral portion but the school itself requires a physical portion for your exams. So, let us keep this brief and simple. The pair of you shall spar, here and now. The winner shall pass, the looser shall have failed. Those are the only instructions I have for you both really. Oh- no leaving the room. That's all."

Quote:
CONGRATS!
Erebus, Etzer, Spinar, Rosmiera have all PASSED their y1 to y2 exam- However to earn Darcy's pin in six OOC MONTHS they must do another 500 word growth reflection essay at which point they must convince Darcy they have grown as students- Basically just write what your student accomplished in 6 months time. Doing that will net you Darcy's pin and some fun IC promo stuff. (just be sure to notify me if/when you do so!)

ZAR and MUKA however have yet to complete the exam. It is now self paced with you both- And yes, there is only 1 winner. Spar using any and all skills you have, (baring artifacts). Once the spar is over, quote me for final grade/evaluation/closer.

Pixie Krysta Ordreg
Cheekiebirdiee
Melodine Cantus
iloveyouDIE
Kanth
Baneful

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:29 am
Muka applauded the students who had just passed into Year Two. He clapped even, grinning at each of them despite the fact that they were basically strangers. He honestly was not expecting to battle. Hadn't the teacher read his essay? He hated battling!

At least Zar wasn't entirely strange to him. They'd met in the past and Muka glanced around at the desk crowded room. Fight in here? With both of them? And their wings?

"Hrrrrmmm..." A displeased noise reverberated from the strix's barrel-chest. "Well.. if we must."

He held out a hand to Zar for a preliminary shake, "May the best, ah hrmm, win?"

baneful
rolling for intiative

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
Baneful rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:52 am

Zar was still rather shaken from the encounter with the shadow creature, bracing himself against the desk and raising a taloned hand to his throat, rubbing where the tight grip of the tentacle had been mere moments beforehand.

But there was no time to recover his senses, the teacher dismissing the other students and leaving him with only the instructions to fight. Fighting was most certainly not his forte.

Regardless, Zar gladly shook Muka's hand. There weren't many students in the school he was actually familiar with, but the Strix was one of the few. He would even go as far as to say that he respected him, his potential as a future business ally couldn't be understated. "Indeed. Best of luck." he said weakly

Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:55 am

Readying himself into the coiled crouched pose that passed for a battle stance, Zar initiated the battle. There really wasn't room to move in there at all, the desks limiting mobility. The ceiling really did mean neither of them could effectively fly. It just wasn't an ideal battlefield.

HP: 40
DMG:3

iloveyouDIE

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

iloveyouDIE rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-16)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:44 am
Muka attempted to put himself out of range but he hadn't been fast enough for that. Despite being quick on his feet, the owl was hefty and the small spaces between the desks only hindered him moving.

So he hopped on top of them. Treating the chairs and desks like they were tree branches, the strix perched on the narrow surfaces and attempted to dart his way to and fro enough to land a solid hit with his talons.

His strategy seemed to pay off and as he was well practiced in perching in his peculiar choice of shoes, the owl managed to shuffle near enough to tear at Zar with his hands.

HP: 37
Dmg: 7

Baneful

Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:52 am

Zar, though not as girthy as the other boil was encumbered with a great deal of extra appendages, horns and other things which made moving through a cluttered classroom a very complex affair. It didn't help that lately his wings had gotten so large as to be cumbersome aswell. When he was scratched he felt it intensely, reeling back into another desk before finally just mentally saying to hell with it and using his tail to flick himself at Muka, one hoof raised to kick as hard as he could.

HP: 33
DMG:8

iloveyouDIE

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

iloveyouDIE rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:12 pm
The kick sent the strix tumbling off of his perch and into a few desks which scraped across the floor and fell over with him. He giggled, despite the solid strike, and replied by tossing one of the desks within reach at Zar instead of getting close.

HP: 29
Dmg: 3

baneful

Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Zar in a very un-gentlemanly and bestial response kicked the same table right back at Muka.

"I really dislike combat." he said with an edge of apology.

HP: 30
DMG:3

iloveyouDIE

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

iloveyouDIE rolled 7 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 4, 3 Total: 18 (7-28)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:16 pm
Muka giggled, "I wrote that same thing in my essay!" He was tickled to find out the other also disliked this. As the desk hurtled at him, Muka concentrated his fear into his talons and struck.

Fortunately, he slashed the desk into pieces.

Unfortunately, he didn't quite hit Zar.

HP: 26
Dmg: MISS
Using: Y2 Battle Cry

Baneful

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items