Visitor Count
  +1
View Results

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:58 am
CourageNFaith
dark pillow
I'm not really sure what to say here, but according to the admin goals the loyalty shop is on it's way. biggrin I am really looking forward to seeing the loyalty shop! >u< I hope they will have alot of updates with items that are cash quality. =u= Because let's face it, the current gold shops have rare updates, and the items aren't that great. Is it really so bad to let one or two awesome items be sold for only gold?

Also, I don't know about avatar arena entries, I think gaia already got the message, so we need to be more specific about what we don't like and how to change it? I think at this point sending letters and giving feedback is better. :3 Ah, the day of silence is a good idea too.

Me too. And I also hope they don't apply the abusive prices from Dernier Cri in this new shop. sweatdrop

Yeah. Honestly, they're abandoned, just because it doesn't give them any "monies".
Pathetic. neutral

Indeed, the dernier cri shop is too expensive... -__-; I wonder how the shop will work, like the club verge shop requires you to have spent a certain amount of gaia cash before you even can enter. So I wonder what the requirement for the loyalty shop will be. o.o Age? Average posts per day? How exactly do they plan to measure our loyalty? o.o  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:05 pm
dark pillow

Indeed, the dernier cri shop is too expensive... -__-; I wonder how the shop will work, like the club verge shop requires you to have spent a certain amount of gaia cash before you even can enter. So I wonder what the requirement for the loyalty shop will be. o.o Age? Average posts per day? How exactly do they plan to measure our loyalty? o.o

Yep. As a "gold sink", it's useless. Nothing more than a "luxury" shop for those who have thousands upon thousands of gold. A very small audience, don't you think ?

Our leader said the following about it:
xx I met my fate xx
LOYAL's shop is going to be the GOLD shop for loyal users. it's been in the works and being talked about for months. The recolors of old MCs for gold are actually supposed to go in his shop but it hasn't been finished yet.

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

chiaroscuro13

Dapper Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:07 pm
I completely applaud this ATG initiative, I think it's great not only to voice our thoughts together as a community but to strengthen our sense of identity as Gaia community faithful.

I think everyone here has expressed some great ideas.

I particularly liked the post by Rhu about get-togethers in towns.
I remember the groups that would get together in Zomg every week and just roam around as a clan of cows for a couple hours.

If we had a group of us either doing the same type of things or being in a place (flash space, forum, ect.) all wearing the same outfit, I think it would be a very effective way to quietly get ourselves noticed and talked about around the community.

I would also like to have more quests with the NPCs, like they used to have with the Van Helsons even way back when that utilized the world map and shops.

I would also like the opportunity to op-out of all the flash sale type announcements.
I'm getting more to the mind that if something is really important pertaining to Gaia, the dev alerts are all that needs to be paid attention to.
Yesterday 6 out of my 8 announcements were for flash sales and the like.

I'll be on all day as well periodically.
I look forward to hearing everyone else's ideas!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:12 pm
Hi there and thank you so much for hosting ATG! I'm really enjoying the guild so far. c:
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

I guess I'd like to start off with answering what I think of your questions. Honestly, I really support and love the idea of all of these, though I am a bit iffy on the Day of Silence.

» Future ATGs :: Please continue these! It helps bring the guild together to discuss the recent updates on Gaia. I think it improves our communication and allows us to better bounce ideas and opinions around. We all enjoy sharing our opinions from time to time. Please continue hosting them all day too, if you continue with this. I disliked the deadline of the AtA and scurried to type up my questions and compliments before then. Having them open all day really helps organize my thoughts and leaves room for replies and having more questions answered.
─ ─ ─ ─
» Avatar Arena Related :: I really support this idea! I saw that it was really successful and a few entries even placed! This really helped spread the word of what Gaia is doing and probably helped make the guild known too. In fact, it was the first thing to let me know what was going on! After that I checked the Site Feedback and such, haha. Awareness is key to the revolution. I'd love to join in if/when this is organized again!
─ ─ ─ ─
» Flace Space Events :: I do not know much about this. Like getting together in the virtual spaces like Towns and such? If so, I'm all for this too! It would be really great to meet up with other guild members! Again, we would be able to bounce off ideas and share opinions with each other. I think this would be really neat and I look forward to it if you decide to arrange this. I would encourage picking the least laggy server/space. Like someone else suggested, we could probably meet in one's house? That shouldn't be too laggy and I could admire their decorated, pretty house. It would also be nice to have a poll or ask what day of the week and time would be best for everyone.
─ ─ ─ ─
» A Day of Silence :: I greatly support this idea as well! With all of these ideas, I ask that you advertise this well. I'd love to help get the word out. Mentioning it in signatures, on profiles, maybe in tiny text in posts, and such. An announcement of this the week before the day and the day before for the first time would be wonderful, and maybe again the day before for the next week! Perhaps include a sticky somewhere that way new guild members would also be aware?
Ah, but looking on a post before has sort of impacted me. I'm not all too sure about this one since I have never participated in one (or have even heard of it until I joined the guild). I suppose it depends on how many people would participate...although I am worried of the result I suppose. I don't want people to leave, but it's their decision. Like edamomme said, I wish for it to help us bond as a group standing for a common ground.
Question: How big was the Day of Silence? Was it really a reason encouraging to drop AtA?
Thanks I met my fate for answering that part.

─ ─ ─ ─
» Site Feedback Related :: Again, I love this idea! The Site Feedback forum has a lot to offer and is where many ideas come from! I believe it's also one of the best places to find new guild members for the cause. Providing links to threads you want to discuss from there would be great. I've been checking there a bit recently and I really enjoy hearing other people's opinions and seeing how many people feel the same way about Gaia's changes.
Even about Gaia's community and the love they have for Gaia. It's heartwarming seeing so many people express their feelings and need to speak out to hopefully get Gaia back on the right track. Seeing them want to help save Gaia. I believe this is another great idea.
─ ─ ─ ─
» Sending Physical Letters :: I'm really excited about this idea! I'm sure the physical ideas they receive are indeed rare since it's much more convenient with email and such. I believe this really sends a message. I would also like to point out that it would be more impacting if they were perhaps handwritten? It shows you're taking the time to write out your views, suggestions, and feelings. Typing it up and printing it seems a bit less human I suppose...to me. It's like, if you type it up, why not send it through an email? That's the view I have of it. Haha, even a collage would be neat. I would also encourage that we send our letters around the same-ish time. Yes, I know they would get there at different times, but it would be more united if they see these concerned physical letters arriving within the same day, week, month, couple of months.
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

Sorry for so much text. Now prepare for more. I was just really happy sharing my opinion of your ideas. I suppose I can discuss my other opinions and ideas. c:

» Recolors :: Is anyone else getting tired of all of these recolors? I am! I mean, they're neat and all. I understand that people love them, but there's so many now it's a bit ridiculous. I feel that once an item has been recolored two or three times over, it is no longer as unique. I'm just a bit tired of seeing them. A lot of them are recolored the same shades/tints of certain colors too (but I guess they do that to match other items). Here, below are three avatars made completely with recolored items. I am so sick of seeing that tint of blue and pink. D:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

» New Items :: It might just be me, but the new items (like Cash Shop ones I believe) do not seem so great. Like, some leg poses look so similar and boring now. Lately I feel as if I've been seeing the same things over and over. Are there less "new" items released now? I really don't know, thanks to the 12 Recolors of Christmas. I don't really consider recolors as new items. There just seems to be less new releases.

» Site Updates :: Speaking of announcements, I haven't seen any regarding updating the site with the fixes and changes in a while. Sure there was that New Years one letting us know what to expect, but I really haven't seen any updates besides that. What about the Dev Notices or something? Was that discontinued as well? Or maybe it's been a while and I've already forgotten about it. Ah, I really don't know anymore. I need to start paying better attention.

» Gold Generator Names :: Yeah, this one seems like it's not a huge deal. Well it's been bothering me with how they're naming things. Flynn's Booty/Chest, Santa's Sack, and even shops like Sam's Body and Parts and Ruby's Rack. I can't stand them! It's disgusting to me. Why can't they just not do that and name them more proper names without any sexual hints to them? It's usually women too, naming their body parts and such like they're objects. /ragerantmybrotheratealotofnutterbutters

» Flynn's Booty Threads :: So I've got a suggestion on what people could maybe take part in if they want to! I was inspired by this thread here. Took forever to find it again. Please read the thread, I think it's a really great idea. It would be neat if the guild took part in this, I think. It would be great if a lot of members made one on the same day or within the same week. Maybe on the day or week the next Flynn is introduced or something? It would help advertise the guild too, perhaps if you have a banner in your signature or so. Maybe each new topic could link back to that thread too? To show where we got our inspiration and how unified we are or such. These kinds of threads usually get a lot of <3's too. Perhaps we can leave that in when creating a new thread to show there's a lot of support.

I guess that's enough from me, haha. Thanks again for hosting this and listening. c:

Umioko

Playful Friend

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:22 pm
CourageNFaith
dark pillow

Yep. As a "gold sink", it's useless. Nothing more than a "luxury" shop for those who have thousands upon thousands of gold. A very small audience, don't you think ?

xx I met my fate xx
LOYAL's shop is going to be the GOLD shop for loyal users. it's been in the works and being talked about for months. The recolors of old MCs for gold are actually supposed to go in his shop but it hasn't been finished yet.

Yeah, I agree. Only those who have so much to spend that they can just throw their gold around or those who want the items really badly would buy them. :I

If that is true then I can only expect that the items they intend to put in the shop will be as expensive as the re-colors currently in dernier cri. :U I was hoping for re-colors of newer items rather than only the super old ones. Reasons being that they can justify taking alot more gold for the old items (since the originals are way overpriced) and the fact that I honestly like the newer items better. xD The last one is just a personal preference though.

Take me for instance. There has been times when I have been able to afford the old MC re-colors, and sure, I'd fancy me a devil tail... But not enough to spend 6mill on one. o.o I thought the point was making it available to more people? I think maybe around 200k would have been okay? 500k max. If it costs more then I won't buy it because that kinda money can get so much more in the marketplace.

But man, I really do hope they don't only put re-colors of old MCs in the shop... ;.;  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
I would definitely like to see more of these ATGs. It's a good chance for a number of us to loosen up, voice opinions, interact and get to know each other and bond.

I really like the idea of a town meet up. Would we do any specific kind of garb or anything?

As much as I enjoy the idea of a day of silence, someone said something about it being effective cause they won't get people's money from it. I'm willing to bet though, that most of the people who participate in day of silence don't spend money on gaia already, I could be quite wrong there though. But, it's a corporation, they're not gonna bat an eyelash if a group of people who are already refusing to give them money leave for a day/a week/a month even. What we'd need to do is draw in some of the people giving them cash. We need to make an effect on the users, who will take more notice (someone here said a bunch of their guildies and friends left so it makes a bigger impact on individuals than corporation junk heads). I think we need to try to spread the idea around, get people who spend money on the site on the bandwagon, really make the users see how much of an impact this has, how many of their threads just freeze, guilds, etc. Especially if we go for a longer time? Think of it. We, and our supporters would vanish. Then, bored with the lack of activity in threads and guilds, more people go on the x-amount-of-time hiatus, possibly more follow even. When it gets to a good amount of their cash users bugging out for a while... then they'll start taking notice.

I don't know if the scale I'm thinking is possible to achieve. I get the feeling that a lot of people who are still really into the money spending are younger folks who wouldn't understand the issue and what we stand for, people who just go to mum n dad for $40 every month or what have you. It's just based on how they seem to present themselves when they talk to me anyway. But... if we could achieve a grand scale thing like I mentioned above... that would be wonderful. It would require effort from a lot more than just guild heads, but I'd help spread the message.  

kujjles

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

chiaroscuro13

Dapper Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Umioko
» New Items :: It might just be me, but the new items (like Cash Shop ones I believe) do not seem so great. Like, some leg poses look so similar and boring now. Lately I feel as if I've been seeing the same things over and over. Are there less "new" items released now? I really don't know, thanks to the 12 Recolors of Christmas. I don't really consider recolors as new items. There just seems to be less new releases.

I agree with your point here Umioko.

I feel that not only have the qualities of existing new items (such as poses, originality, ect.) have declined, so also has the quality of the art for these items.

Did Gaia just chuck a bunch of the artistic talent along with the programmers or have they delegated the talent to who-knows-what "better" project?

I miss seeing the wider range of expression with the items--including the MC, EI and RIGs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:41 pm
dark pillow
I wonder how the shop will work, like the club verge shop requires you to have spent a certain amount of gaia cash before you even can enter. So I wonder what the requirement for the loyalty shop will be. o.o Age? Average posts per day? How exactly do they plan to measure our loyalty? o.o

Wow, I guess I hadn't ventured to think as far as what Gaia would now be considering "Loyalty" as pertaining to this new shop.
It kinda freaks me out thinking about how bad it could get in terms of further stratifying Gaia.

I also do not patron Dernier Cri and those who I know that do, often are not making their gold my just posting and being active in the forum or they are getting less active as their interest in Gaia is declining and they are looking to unload millions in previously stored up gold.

chiaroscuro13

Dapper Veteran

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:53 pm
chiaroscuro13
dark pillow
I wonder how the shop will work, like the club verge shop requires you to have spent a certain amount of gaia cash before you even can enter. So I wonder what the requirement for the loyalty shop will be. o.o Age? Average posts per day? How exactly do they plan to measure our loyalty? o.o

Wow, I guess I hadn't ventured to think as far as what Gaia would now be considering "Loyalty" as pertaining to this new shop.
It kinda freaks me out thinking about how bad it could get in terms of further stratifying Gaia.

I also do not patron Dernier Cri and those who I know that do, often are not making their gold my just posting and being active in the forum or they are getting less active as their interest in Gaia is declining and they are looking to unload millions in previously stored up gold.

Well, it was around the time they made the club verge shop that they also told us about the plans for making the loyalty shop, and I understood it as such that they intended to make it the same sort of shop? So I am guessing there will be a requirement to get into it, or something of the like. :I My question still remains though, how do you measure such a thing? However, if loyalty means posting alot or something then I am guessing it will get at least a little bit more active? I know alot of people will probably just bump, but some would rather talk or make games and such. :3

Yeah, exactly... =.=; I hardly ever store up gold though, I use it too fast. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:28 pm
Remember yesterday
Think about tomorrow

User Image
Oh, but I love this retaliation!
You honour your credo!

I am too young a member to have questions thus far.
Consider this reply a cuddo's and a belated happy new-year!

But live today
Life is to short anyway

Sineaed

Devoted Lunatic

Diabolic Edge

Romantic Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:32 pm
Hello to you all, my name is Edge.

Here is my opinions on things:

Seems like they're never going to stop Flynn and her parts, along with Divinity's Reach (same thing but with items), or that once-a-year Santa's Super Sack Thing, (same thing as Divinity but with more gold payout).

Personally this is what ruined gaia, along with the Verge shop. I would love for a "Gold-Only" show to sell items that will never be released for GaiaCash, that would be epic. Also, for those items to compare, or even out-do Cash/Verge items.

This would give the community the opportunity to purchase items with hard-earned gold rather than waiting for "not-smart/fair/nice" people to buy them with RL cash, then price them outrageously in the MP, and then trying to wait for prices to go down until absolute lows and purchasing then. This would also help destroy inflation on certain items, since no one would buy a Recolored Angelic Mini-Wings in the MP for over the price you can buy it in the store.

What I would love Gaia to do is revert back to before the Summer Sale, when it was in it's prime, I believe. It's gone downhill now, and only focusing on GaiaCash items/shops, which is why the Loyalty Shop is STILL not done. They could have completed it, and put the items that are releasing now, in there. Or have the Loyalty shop be the same as Cash Shop or Verge, but with Gold Prices. I'll be disappointed in this shop if it doesn't release something new at least 2 times every month, since that would just destroy the purpose of it. They've already made most stores obsolete by not adding anything desirable in them, excluding Crosstitch.

Aside from my complaining (sorry for the rant), I would like the idea of "Day of Silence", though I'm not too sure how affective this would be, given the thousands of people who log on each day, and a few hundred wouldn't really make a difference, well, enough to be noticed. I rarely get on as it is.

I've also made some "Site Feedback" threads in that forum, but they were moved to "Chatterbox" since they weren't "Feedback-ish" enough or something like that. Apparently explaining why Flynn and those other item/gold generators are ruining Gaia, gets my threads pushed to CB because its "Wanting a removal of a feature that needs a petition that they'll never listen to."

Anyways, I hope Gaia makes up for its greedy and sleazy ways this year, or I'm going to have to find a new site/messanger to chat on with friends.

Also, Hope everyone here is having a great year so far! <3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:36 pm
o Future ATGs
I love this idea. And will try and be here weekly to see whats up even if I don't have questions.
o Avatar Arena related things
I missed out on these last time due to life issues. But these seem like super fun and I'd be glad to join in on them.
o Flash Space events
I'd love those. It kinda brings us all together a bit farther because its more interactive.
o A Day of Silence (not logging on to Gaia on a particular day/week)
I don't think this would work. I say this because they ones spending the money are still going to be the ones signing on. Those who don't would most likely be online. And they don't care as long as they get money.
o Site Feedback related things
I am there often reading stuff. And some people there are just there to be negative and not really give any real site feedback. Its to the point that I don't post any more. Its a mess. You have the Haters (Ones who are just flat out against everything on gaia) The Lovers (the ones who worship every move gaia makes and remind us that their a business blah blah) Than you have the civilized normal people. Who state their opinions and get bashed on by either side some times both. It reminds me of Atheist VS Super Religious people Vs Agnostic. Or Rep Vs Dem and the rest are the people of the us who don't care about most of it.
o Sending physical letters to Gaia HQ
I don't think this one would be good idea because they could just easily throw it like it was junk mail with out even reading it.

I really don't have many questions atm. I am just hoping we can get more Ei's about the NCP's because that be amazing.
Though I hope that we will get more mini events with NCPs because that be great <3I love the ncp events.  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 pm
CourageNFaith
dark pillow

xx I met my fate xx

Honestly, it's not that small of a percentage. A million gold is almost nothing these days and MOST people have at least that much. I think it's a good gold sink. Items that were doomed to be CS recolours anyway are at least being sold for gold so that people who don't spend real money on Gaia can get them.

I can afford everything they've put out so far, I just don't want them. They haven't released anything I think "OMG I GOTTA HAVE!" because I don't want to spend 1million gold for one pose.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:46 pm
Just going to say
w/ all these gc sales shoved in our faces

I never brought anything gc in months

just here to browse good art and chat w/ friends. = w =  

Negi163

Handsome Exhibitionist

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • 50 Wins 150

Hawkeyesgun

Timid Genius

11,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:56 pm
Umioko

I would love to tell you (first) how classy everything you said was. (All the way down to the tiny pixelated letters. I adore how you worded things in a nice and organized fashion, and how composed it sounded in my head. Pretty much everything you said I one hundred percent agree with. I loved your thoughts on the recolors (they are a lot like my own) as well as your section on the Gold Generator Names. I have been thinking about that for a while and I am so glad that someone is as fed up with it as I am. I also enjoyed reading about the handwritten aspect of letters. (I thought that was the ONLY way to snail mail!) I think it would be awesome if the guild sent them in at the same time. Could you imagine the look on Gaia's faces when they opened up that much mail protesting (neatly worded and proper) some of the things that they have been doing recently?

I think that's all I have to say right now. (I wrote a post earlier about picking one or two issues to write Gaia about) I LOVE ATG! It has been awesome (so far) reading everyone's opinions and I can't wait for it to get even better!

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff