Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 📢Taking Action! - Petitions
Have you lost faith in Gaia? Given up fighting? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:47 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/gold-shop-update-crosstitch-winners/t.89536091/

And yay for gold sink.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:25 pm
I've given up fighting gaia and simply gone into hiding.
For once the fact that gaia ignores guilds is really useful, since it means they have yet to make them worse. So I've just holed up in my favorite tekteking guild and ignored the rest of the site.

My new policy is that not only do I not use GC, I also will not spend my gold, or actively work for new gold. I have a big inventory, and I am content with it.

By no means am I any happier with what they're doing- I've simply found my way to deal with it.  

Lost Retort

Cluttered Shapeshifter

16,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100

EbeleRoderick

Chic Bear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:58 am
I haven't given up yet. Tried to once and ended up coming back. Something about leaving Gaia didn't seem right, especially if I didn't even try hard enough to get my point across, but I'm also wondering if there's more that I can do right now that would be beneficial enough to get noticed by Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:56 pm

I haven't given up yet either. I'm just having a hard time in my real life lately that's eating up my energy and distressing me enough.
I log onto Gaia to talk to and role play with my friends. They make my life livable.
I'm just not up to fighting right now.
Maybe once I get well, I can do a little more.
Until then, all I hope is for Gaia to find a balance between what they need to do to make the company successful and making its users, us, happy or at least happier.

Xerixa

la petite mignonne

Sparkly Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:40 pm
I was just now trying to figure out how much my faith in Gaia has been lost. I have realized it goes kind of like this: every time I see announcements, my faith is cut in half, but never lost. it just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

another sad thing I've been noticing lately is that I've been actually tempted to buy the things they advertise in the cash shop - it's become annoying to the point where I almost just want to give in and start giving them money again. ugh.

I think I will always retain a little bit of faith in Gaia, but if they keep doing this, it'll just keep getting smaller. :/  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:14 pm
User Image
I know I've lost faith in them and more or less lost most of my will to complain. It doesn't do any good. Along with all that I've also just lost interest. I check in now and then mostly for some guilds and I occasionally play with my avatar. Once in a while I might go post in SF a bit. But mostly it's just not fun here anymore. I've been spending most of my time on another avatar site, and when I do feel like buying some pixel items I buy them there. I'm sick and tired of the money grubbing here and of the atmosphere of complete negativity that I usually see whenever I log in. And perhaps above all I'm sick of seeing Gaia's worst decisions get defended time and again... and in the process of that, seeing us dissatisfied members get insulted and mocked by people I used to think were levelheaded and reasonable. It really seems like there's no point anymore. I still check in because I have this stupid remaining hope that things will change, but I seriously doubt it. But I think this past half a year has finally all but broken me of the desire to obtain new items. Sometimes I see something that looks tempting but as soon as I see that its MP price is 3 million gold, I'm like, "Never mind."

I really do have a lot more money in my bank account since I stopped giving a s**t about Gaia's cash shop.

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

RG Charity Mule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 am
This right here deserves to be read too

heart Zandy  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:59 pm
Unfortunately there seem to be a lot more of 'them' than there are of 'us'....and since there are those who will pay real money for pixelated items, I don't think that Gaia will change any time soon. I think they should try to find a balance somewhere that people could earn gold or whatever or make it easier to earn the gaia cash.....my computer sometimes won't run the videos properly so that I can get the cash and even still, it runs things that don't appeal to me personally....(sigh).... (I'm not your average consumer...)..... oh well.... it was fun while it lasted.... it is what it is and I guess I just have to accept it...  

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:36 pm
I'm waiting for another site to get guilds developed
Then I can disappear a bit more easily from here because I'm mainly here for my two guilds (one is on a mule) that are developed but with lack of guild usage, no members :/  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 pm
jambare
Unfortunately there seem to be a lot more of 'them' than there are of 'us'....and since there are those who will pay real money for pixelated items, I don't think that Gaia will change any time soon. ..... oh well.... it was fun while it lasted.... it is what it is and I guess I just have to accept it...

Sadly, this is how I feel now as well, and I'm more disheartened than ever.

At one time (two months ago,) I thought I had done fairly well on Gaia considering that I had never bought Gaia Cash in all my years on the site. But recently, I realized that I'm actually worth next to nothing, and I find myself "questing" for idiocy like Hollywood Lips (how stupid am I to quest for LIPS????) or Wood Sea that now costs more than I would ever be willing to pay.

I stupidly donated millions along with being dumb enough to fall for a ploy that duped me into selling my long-quested DJs for next to nothing. I know the error of my ways now, but it's too late and I know that, for all my time and dedication, it all comes down to absolutely nothing because I don't/can't and won't buy Gaia Cash. Ever.

We are most definitely outnumbered now. So yes, it was fun while it lasted, I suppose.

crying  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

duck113

Generous Explorer

28,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 am
I too have lost faith in Gaiai- I'll be closing my tank as my barretts fish die- I have already givenn away most of my other fish. I think eventually they will ditch booty grab completely. I don't buy Gaia Cash & the daily treats no longer pay me so I quit them (that was gradual too, 1rst one would not pay, then a couple, etc) I will be spending less time here, gaia is just depressing these days.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:46 am
duck113
I too have lost faith in Gaiai- I'll be closing my tank as my barretts fish die- I have already givenn away most of my other fish. I think eventually they will ditch booty grab completely. I don't buy Gaia Cash & the daily treats no longer pay me so I quit them (that was gradual too, 1rst one would not pay, then a couple, etc) I will be spending less time here, gaia is just depressing these days.

I did the same thing a couple of months back. Emptied my tank, my house, my garage and my game items inventory. I gave up on these but I'm not about to walk away and let them get away with it (that's what I feel like I'd be doing anyway...). I'm going to keep letting my feelings out about this until I'm no longer able to log in here anymore.

I may not be very loud, but I'm fine being one of those pimples on their butt. rofl  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:52 am
Pwnder
I may not be very loud, but I'm fine being one of those pimples on their butt. rofl
pimple in the buttcrack? emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:58 am
To be honest, if it weren't for curiosity for Loyal's store, I'd never have shown up this much. I'm mostly a lurker, but do agree that the whole pushing the GC and the inflation bs is overkill. That items before I left were in the low millions with few going into 8 digits and are now going for 9+ digits really doesn't sit well for me. Sure, it means that I might be able to get more in amount and perhaps get a certain wig for for my other account (if I combined accounts' gold...) but odds are that I'd have to basically sell one of my pendants for it after I did so much to acquire it back after I was stupid and naive when I started. stare  

TheQuietRiversRage

Manly Man-Lover

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:08 pm
I'm not really even fighting, just rolling with it.
I don't buy cash, I think it's silly to blow cash for pixles.
I do on a very rare occasion though.
I come here to post, I love the forums.
I hope Gaia gets better soon, all the bickering between sides is really killing my mellow.  
📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff