Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
We want to hear your voices! Give us ideas to move forward! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 pm
Pwnder
A Thief Appears
Pwnder
Absolutely right! No foul language and disrespect.
I suppose proper grammar and punctuation would have to be taken into account too confused

It would, yeah. Most word programs have gotten to the point where they can detect bad punctuation and oddly placed words, but overall a good editor would be needed.

We can't be taken seriously if we write and speak like uneducated children User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think I'm pretty good at grammar and spell checking. I could look it over when you're done. I often find things to fix in other people's posts, especially if I'm reading slowly.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:13 am
Kangit
Pwnder
A Thief Appears
Pwnder
Absolutely right! No foul language and disrespect.
I suppose proper grammar and punctuation would have to be taken into account too confused

It would, yeah. Most word programs have gotten to the point where they can detect bad punctuation and oddly placed words, but overall a good editor would be needed.

We can't be taken seriously if we write and speak like uneducated children User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think I'm pretty good at grammar and spell checking. I could look it over when you're done. I often find things to fix in other people's posts, especially if I'm reading slowly.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but if you guys are writing a speech or whatever, please tell Gaia that they need to hear our opinions more. And mean like seriously, they have a club verge guild run by a NPC, and when I read the description. I was disappointed. They were eagerly looking for the opinions and questions by the members of the guild, and we're all here trying to get the people running Gaia to see and hear our voices. Yeah, so if you guys are writing a speech or whatever, write that in. Thank you yum_puddi  

danhengwife

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 am
A Thief Appears
Feel free to ignore me. Most of the time I have no idea what I'm talking about.

* Tell members and viewers alike which sources are true and appropriate. Glass Door is not a reliable source, and so on.

* Set up a weekly Q&A. Obviously our part is to ask questions, and the answers should be addressed by Gaia. Send our questions to the appropriate Gaia HQ representative or E-Mail.

* You already do, but promote clear and concise data, patience, calm protest, etc. Too many people, too often, are letting their emotions fly before common decency.

* Let Gaia know what they are and are not doing right. Seriously, people getting suspicious and angry over every little thing has gotten out of hand.

I dunno, honestly. I know a lot of people love them, but I kind of feel like all the guild ever does is contest, event, contest, and so on. I wouldn't mind seeing more...Help Gaia out things? Eheh. I'm sorry. sweatdrop

We definitely will continue to promote being clear, logical, and nonviolent with the protesting. Unfortunately we cannot control what the members do outside of the guild. While their actions do reflect poorly on us, the actions outside of the guild are for Gaia Staff to handle, not us. If we police our members outside of our authority they will get angry with us.

Your ideas are wonderful, they've been added to the front post.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:39 am
A Thief Appears

* Let Gaia know what they are and are not doing right. Seriously, people getting suspicious and angry over every little thing has gotten out of hand.

Exactly this!

We can't just tell them everything they do is wrong. They might fall even deeper if they think "No matter what we do, they'll hate it anyway."
They've done some very good things recently and should be recognized for that as well. We can't be so blinded by the past that we don't see the now.

This applies to both people who are upset with the current Gaia and to the people who think Gaia "hasn't really changed".  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

A Thief Appears

Shadowy Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 pm
xx I met my fate xx

That's for sure. I just wish those people would think about us as a whole, but there is little we can do other than simply promote peaceful thought.

I would say outlining who does what (mods and admins) but at the same time that could be a recipe for disaster. So, might as well table the thought.

Pegasaurus Rex

It was pretty scary when the charity option came out, as well as the GC gift. I realize that Gaia has a pretty bad record right now, but all we can really do is fight in a manner that outlines the good and the bad...without getting too crazy. I love a good joke, but instead of saying Flynn's "a** and tits," we should say "Booty and Chest." Of course, this is just a personal peeve of mine.

Either way, yeah. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:37 pm
A Thief Appears

It was pretty scary when the charity option came out, as well as the GC gift. I realize that Gaia has a pretty bad record right now, but all we can really do is fight in a manner that outlines the good and the bad...without getting too crazy. I love a good joke, but instead of saying Flynn's "a** and tits," we should say "Booty and Chest." Of course, this is just a personal peeve of mine.

Either way, yeah. sweatdrop

Yeah, everything's just going haywire. emotion_facepalm
I completely agree with saying "Booty and Chest". It really gets on my nerves as well since I'm really sensitive to derogatory words and swearing. sweatdrop  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 pm
I agree with both of you as well. I've never referred to Flynn's whatnots using expletives. But is the agreement that we won't use words like those either?
I say Flynn's whatnots or assets, but I can see how even something like this cannot be taken seriously or given weight in a conversation. Dunno, maybe I'm being to nit-picky?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:29 pm
Pwnder
I agree with both of you as well. I've never referred to Flynn's whatnots using expletives. But is the agreement that we won't use words like those either?
I say Flynn's whatnots or assets, but I can see how even something like this cannot be taken seriously or given weight in a conversation. Dunno, maybe I'm being to nit-picky?

I was agreeing that I don't like it when people use those words in particular. It's too far, in my opinion.
Sometimes I refer to it all as "Flynn's body", though. lol  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

SL33PY X3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:36 pm
i would like to see a Spanish forum in here where we can speak Spanish

or if you need to make it more universal how about a sub forum where only foreign languages are spoken

however your going to need new crew who speak other languages to moderate the new guild sub forum  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:03 am
One thing Gaia needs to do is give the community an "opt out" of sales announcements! emotion_donotwant
I know there are other sites out there that offer this and they should prove as very good examples.

Anyone out there frequent a site that offers an "opt out" ?  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:23 am
Pwnder
One thing Gaia needs to do is give the community an "opt out" of sales announcements! emotion_donotwant
I know there are other sites out there that offer this and they should prove as very good examples.

Anyone out there frequent a site that offers an "opt out" ?

I don't think the ones I go to have an opt out option, but they also never annoy people by advertising "sales" to encourage you to buy stuff with real money. Maybe some of them have an opt out, but I never needed to check (plus I don't know how cat_smile ). They'll sometimes advertise newly released items (a few are for real money), but mainly, the announcements are for site updates, events, contests, surveys, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:19 am
SL33PY 1024
i would like to see a Spanish forum in here where we can speak Spanish

or if you need to make it more universal how about a sub forum where only foreign languages are spoken

however your going to need new crew who speak other languages to moderate the new guild sub forum

Though I speak fluent spanish, I believe I am the only member of our crew who does. At this point I don't believe we need such a subforum. The majority of our users are english speakers and Gaia itself is an english speaking site.

It's a good idea for a larger guild or a guild with a more active userbase but for ours I just don't think it's a good fit.

Thank you for your suggestion and if you would like the links to a couple of foreign language guilds I'd be happy to share them with you. ^_^  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:02 pm
If I can ask, how come we've yet to hear actual responses for the instant messaging system to make a return?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:13 pm
A Thief Appears
Pwnder
Something to this effect, even if I have to do it for them. I'll print them out and buy stamps if I have to mail them. I just need the members to compose something.

Maybe I should use every last post in the "Are you mad yet" thread.......

*contemplates*

But it would need to be clear and concise. No anger. No frustration. Deadpan questions, in a professional manner of text.

I agree. Anger does not work on the company now running gaia, they just don't have the interest or heart to hear about passion. Professionalism is all that matters now. I'm not sure about the thread, becaue they do have the power to delete any thread they want, or to move it to the trash if they can make the excuse that it's "no longer being used"

Perhaps we could get together some petitions? Or flood then with so many polite , professionally written letters that say "NO, this is not right, you should be doing this" or maybe have someone look over what rules there are for setting up and maintaining a site like gaia, these people may be cutting corners, and if we can build a case.... perhaps we can get our views heard that way, by pulling out a "smoking gun" that shows some shady dealings. Companies are always more willing to compromise when you have a piece of their dirty laundry to air. :3

And it's the internet, so we can find the rules for running such a site somewhere, perhaps?. o .  

A Lovely Sight

Devoted Guildswoman

9,900 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300

Digital Art

Lonely Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:31 pm
:/ The thing is, millions are on Gaia.

Millions.

How the hell are we supposed to change anything, if there are only a little over 1000??!?

Im not trying to be a pessimist, but I'm being realistic here.  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff