Submit

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:12 pm
It doesn't bother me too much, but I do miss when 3000 gold was rich, and I could buy a whole decent outfit with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:20 pm
The inflation has hit a lot of people hard. It makes it harder to obtain items, donate and hold contests.
I detest Flynn and Gaia management thinking they're the good guys for releasing Flynn to people who want gold.
They're only catering to people who can afford to throw gold at them whenever they want, it's just terrible.
If it weren't for the wonderful users I've met here I would left a long time ago. I hope Gaia gets better.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:59 pm
                    it's insane! i have a bunch of things i want to get from the marketplace, but the price keeps getting ramped up by
                    people who want insane amounts of gold. i bought a highly overpriced item because i was that desperate the
                    other day, and i horribly regret buying it simply due to the cost of the item.

77k used to be able to get me some nice items, but now i can't get anything with that. it's sad, and i wish that
                    something would change. i don't have the time or motivation to rack up 3m gold, or however much it takes to buy a
                    simple item on this site. it's seriously biting into my enjoyment of the site, sadly. i don't know much about
                    flynn's booty, but it seemed ridiculous the first time i saw it, and it still seems to sound hilarious and ridiculous to
                    this day, tbqh.

like, c'mon gaia. get the economy parts together.

edit: i used to be able to spend like, 2 hours a week on zOMG! and get about 1/2 the funds to buy an item, and
                    get another fair amount by booty grabbing until i got 10k or so (in some threads, that's about a 1/2 hour, something
                    i can do on weekends when i'm bored out of my mind.) now? i'm lucky if that gets me a small chunk of the funds
                    to buy an item. gdi, it's ridiculous. rip, gaia's economy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:12 am
User Image
The nonvalue of gold has put me off quite a bit, tbh. I still log in most days, but I don't post very much anymore. It's hard to stay as interested as I used to be when I know I can't afford anything without spending my money.

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

being a man means

Cleric

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:52 am
I remember that I can buy a lot of things with 500k but now...
It just happened when I came back. What a surprise. emotion_donotwant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:42 pm
yeah I'll never be able to get any of the cool new stuff and I really dislike that club verge -.- I've been playing this game since I was 13 I'm 21 now I have even bought monthly collectible's's where is my loyalty stuff!? sad  

chobbits-99

chobbits-99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:43 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
The nonvalue of gold has put me off quite a bit, tbh. I still log in most days, but I don't post very much anymore. It's hard to stay as interested as I used to be when I know I can't afford anything without spending my money.
I love ur avi love the colors  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:46 pm
Gold isnt the same anymore.. this inflation has killed so many members to where they quit, and im sick of this release of stuff in the gc shop, and the people inflate the prices even more sad i will never be able to finish my dream avi thanks to these greedy people D:  

Noodlechu
Crew

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:31 pm
Gold has a value? *laughs*

I've not really been active on here in a little while until October came around (my bf and I wanted to see what the Halloween event was like and it got me to start logging in again after that), but the prices around here are ridiculous now. Not to mention the constant re-release of old MC's which was supposed to never happen.. but I guess they have a loop hole for that because it's technically not a "mass re-release". rolleyes

I used to be an active member, I used to buy stuff from CS, I used to do a lot of things on here, but not anymore. This is a dying site because corporate is only interested in how much they can make to line their pockets and doesn't actually care about the website anymore.

When I realized that all the games and 'community' based parts of gaia are being taken away or not getting focus, I can spend 500 gc and turn it around for 8-9mil gold, a rig SINGLE costs 500-700k, and I can be sitting on a little over 2mil and still not be able to afford most of the stuff I want anymore.. yeah, that's when you realize the site has hit rock bottom.

R.I.P. GoGaia/GaiaOnline.
2003-2012
You were still so young and held so much potential.. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 pm
I totally agree with the sentiments here. Not only that, but greedy gaians sell stuff on the MP for a ridiculous price. Like I'm questing Lovely Lucie or Gaia-sama, but I feel that I'll never get either because Gaians on the MP think everyone has 55+ mil in funds. It's maddening. Why can't people just be charitable. I haven't really given up on my quest, but I've been concentrating my gold on either buying gifts for other people or buying avi art/tipping.

jelly cube planet

Shy Pumpkin

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 pm
chobbits-99
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
I love ur avi love the colors

User Image
Thank you! :3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:43 pm
It's a rather unfortunate truth about the price jump. It's better just to directly buy the items from the cash shop than just save up gold anymore because you actually SAVE gold and money (from trying to earn the gold in the long run depending on the method you use). It's hard for everyone. u ww u;  

Ewui

Smitten Mage

44,775 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • New Fan 50
  • Team Moira 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:17 pm
User Image User Image

I take back what I said about not being keen on the new items. I adore the new items, but yeah... what value are we talking about again?

If Gaia were a real country, we are in very deep s**t then.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:17 pm
only reach people can get even more rich and the rest go on by still trying to work with bumps and polls and fishing and the main help that sadly now you really need to get is donations from kind heart people.
I can afford to spend 5 - 10 dollars now and then and even that hit's me hard..
lucky we still have lovely people around,that is the reason to be in gaia,and the reason I came back after my 3 years away.  

Tholia

Friendly Tipper

13,500 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers