Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Uniform for Advanced Flying I]
Company: Classmates

➳ ➳ ➳

The annoying thing is that I'm pretty sure this class is useless to me now as long as Elli is Captain because I have this feelings she's black listed me... note to self: talk to Gryffindor Quidditch Captain in private if you can.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna had gotten her Cleansweap 11 back from Crash for her Advance Flying Class and she had to say that despite the fact he used it for all his quidditch practices and the Gryffindor games he always returned it in good condition. She really doubted her threats- to she was pretty sure put tarantulas in his bed was what she said- was what prompted it. It was more of something he did out of respect or appreciation she felt.

Ronna didn't have the optimism for the class like she had before. Quite frankly not being on the Quidditch team even as reserve and being passed up for Toby was a blow to her ego. She wasn't the only one with anger issues on the team. And of course there was that stupid meeting about being all buddy-buddy which in Ronna's opinion may have made things worse in some ways, and she end up being lectured by the Head of the House... It all was a headache. But the Quidditch thing was bugging her because Elli kept talking about not putting people she trusted on the team. She put Cameron who threw a huge fit in try-outs refusing to get on the field for a while actually on the team, and Eun was a reserve after blowing up... was Toby the worse beater chosen because Ronna showed more of a temper or was it because Elli couldn't trust Ronna? Was she black listed like Remy had essentially been? Ronna was still debating whether to even bother trying out next year: though, she thought it would be rash if she didn't at least try to speak to Elli in private first.

She took a deep breath and tried to clear her head and decided that at least during this year she would take the advantage of this class to remind Toby at any chance she got that she was the better beater. Granted, she didn't grow up around brooms so flying was not her strength, her strength as a beater had always truly lay in the fact she had a wicked swing with a bat, but she wasn't bad on a broom and she was athletic and determination-especially the determination of something to prove could always bring you pretty far. She of course wished Toby the best on the team but here... here she was going to remind him the only reason why he was on the team was the captain-sorry captains... wasn't Jacob taking some of the blame too as a good vice-captain?

She narrowed her eyes as she watched the demonstration by Professor Price. She suddenly smiled a bit as she realized she had done quite similar before dodging bludgers-which was her normal tactic instead of hitting them back. It was kind of funny but she played a bit defensive as a beater, though she always figured it would change in time. She would dodge and then circle back for the bludger. The roll was a bit more showy than she had ever done, and she'd rather someone else go first so she stood and waited, figuring that someone was bound to decide they were superior enough they could show off a barrel roll just as flawless.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm
Woah, tell me what you think you're looking at
Oh, so I think I'm Queen Elizabeth
And now I'm stuck inside your memory
That's why it's so hard to get rid of me
I am incredible, so unforgettable
So no one can take my place
I am unbreakable, highly flammable
So, girl, get out of my face
Oh, we got 'em going crazy
Maybe 'cause we're so amazing

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~Second Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: Flying!} {with: Second Years} {at: Flying}

Jess listened eagerly, watched Professor Price demonstrate, and glanced around at her classmates. No one seemed to want to be the first to go. She looked at her brother, who shrugged, and made a "no, you go right ahead" motion with his hands. The small girl mounted her broom and flew up into the air. "What, are you guys scared or something?" she laughed, and then promptly tried the roll. She rolled a bit harder than she had meant to, and actually lost her grip on the broom, but managed to keep on it with her legs locked together, upside down in the air for a second before she righted herself, fixing her bow that held her short ponytail. "Woah....That was so awesome!" she crowed happily.

They can't fix what's not broken.

Everybody in a daze
And that's the reason why they're hating
Treat us like some superstars
And only 'cause that's what we are
You know we going really far
And you all ain't even heard it all
You hate 'cause I'm a rockstar
A pretty little problem
You hate me 'cause I'm everything that you ever wanted to be
And I don't mind 'cause I love it when you're looking at me

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: Jess...you're ridiculous] [with: Second Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby watched his sister's attempt and not to be outdone, flew up as well, and tried the roll. He went much slower than her, but at least he didn't nearly fall off his broom. "Mine was better," he muttered to her, purposefully trying to antagonize his twin, who threw a "light" punch at him. The Gryffindor dodged, snickering. Jess was so easy to rile up, and he always thought it was hilarious.

Younger now than we were before.

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Hmm... and that is why you let others go first to learn from their mistakes.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna rolled her eyes at Jess's taunt and thought, It is more about taking the time to evaluate the move, more. She smiled as the Hufflepuff happily cheered at the end and took note of her mistakes. Her brother, Toby (and of course, Ronna's decided rival for the class), apparently took note of her mistakes and went slower and actually did do a little better by managing to keep hold of his broom the entire roll.

Stepping forward Ronna calculated the move from what she had seen from the flawless barrel roll from the Professor, the stumble from Jess, and the slower move by Toby. She took a deep breath and sped forward and swiftly rolled keeping an iron clad grip, that was tighter than necessary she realized in hindsight.

She then circled back to stop beside Toby and said with a raised brow, "I doubt your's will stay the best in class for long, Toby." The look she gave the reserve beater on the Gryffindor team dared him to challenge her.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Amadeli

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff Second Year

Thinking: Just pretend that you're in the rafters again...
Feeling: Excited
Where: Pitch
With: Professor, students
Wearing: Uniform
Single

I'd rather waltz that just walk through the forest
The trees keep tempo and sway in time

Nora was more than ready to start aerial tricks, although she felt a p***k of annoyance at her Housemates' taunt. Gripping her standardized class broom tightly, Nora watched as the students when one by one and demonstrated their airborne rolls. Nora was now glad of all the times she had been sent into the rafters of the family greenhouse - she knew exactly how to move herself in order to swing her weight around a steel bar, or in this case a wooden broom. Eventually it was her turn, so she kicked off the ground and let herself stabilize completely. Sending some good vibes through her palms and into the wood of the broom, she loosened her hands and knees, tightened her core, and swung towards the left, whipping around the underside of her broom before tightening her grip as she came upright. Her loose hair had caught a few blades of the grass below, but other than that she was quite pleased with her first real attempt at her roll. Touching down, she lightly rolled her eyes at the two Lions, glad that her own house mas much less...confrontational. Nora was ready to be friends with anybody and everybody, but arguments always put her in a sour mood. Turning her attention back to the professor, she wondered if they would be learning any other in-flight tactics during today's class.

Quartets of crickets chime in for the chorus
If I were to strum on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:01 pm
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
[feeling: calm] [thinking: CHALLENGE. Accepted.] [with: Second Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby opened his mouth as if he was about to say something really rude. He hadn't said his was best in class...though he thought it was pretty bloody good for a first attempt. He then clamped his mouth shut, fought back the urge to let Jess fight his battles, who was always ready to approach confrontation head on, and sucked it up. Be a man, Walsh! You're like the same height as her, anyways! What's she gonna do, hit you? Probably.

He grinned. "That's right, Ronna," he said jovially, flashing fairly straight teeth that he was hoping would not need braces. "It'll be better." Challenge accepted. Jess, meanwhile, was watching and eavesdropping and made a small noise that sounded like "no, mine will", but she suddenly developed a cold and started coughing.

mc2

But time and time again
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Again and again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Wow... he took the bait more than I thought.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna raised a brow at Toby's wavering and finally his jovial answer to her. "Oh, by all means I hope it does get better for the sake of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. I sincerely hope for the best for the sake of our team, and even if you are only on the reserve, you should show that you actually deserve the spot. Right now the only thing I see you have over me is that you are not bold enough to question actions that bother you and can hold your temper better than me."

"This, Tobias Walsh, is your chance to show how much you deserve that spot over me," Ronna replied with a smile, "but by all means keep improving, I applaud the efforts. I want a strong team. I have always wanted the best for our house. That is why I joined the team last year."

She turned her attention back to the class, "Anyways, now, isn't really the time to talk Quidditch, is it?"

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:19 pm
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
[feeling: calm] [thinking: CHALLENGE. Accepted.] [with: Second Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby tried not to snap. He really did. He liked to think of himself as fairly good-natured and easy going. He didn't pick fights, at least not on purpose. He tried to give everyone fair chance and assume stuff. But Ronna Kiss was testing his patience in ways he didn't even think were possible. Did she want him to fight with her? To say something and get in trouble. Jess was behind him, and had raised both her eyebrows, trying to stay out of it. He ran a hand through his messy hair, and had the expression of I really don't want to do this here, but oh well. "You know what?" he said in the form of a rhetorical question. "I sure hope it gets better or the team's going down the drain. Luckily," he shrugged. "I'm only second reserve. I'll probably never play a game this year. So the fate of the Gryffindor quidditch team, does, thank Merlin, not rest on my shoulders. If Gryffindor loses, then it loses." His brown eyes grew hard for a moment. "But don't you think that I won't be working every chance I get to become a better beater, Veronica Kiss. Maybe I don't deserve the spot. Maybe I do need to prove myself. But I sure as hell don't need to prove it to you. And I didn't see any actions that bothered me, so I guess I just didn't feel the need to be exceptionally bold." He had to fight to keep his tone even. He couldn't let her get under his skin. Honestly, what was her problem? It was Advanced Flying. They were covering barrel rolls. This wasn't the bloody Quidditch Cup. "Well," he muttered quietly. "We can agree on one thing, then. I want a strong team, too. And the best for our house." He stared at her as she abruptly ended the...conversation, since he had fought to keep it from becoming an argument. She was the one who had brought the whole thing up in the first place- Enough. Just...enough. He needed to do something else. He exchanged a glance with his sister, who looked outraged, bristling, and just flew down, closer to the ground. Jess followed, but not before giving the blonde girl a look that said quite clearly, Leave my brother alone.

mc2

But time and time again
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Again and again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:36 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon was beginning to wonder if anyone would actually try. Finally Jessamine gave it a go. “Well done Miss Walsh five points to Hufflepuff for being the first one to give it a go. Just remember to keep a firm grip on your broom.” He told her. “Nice flying both of you.” Landon told both lions. “With a little practice I can see both of you having flawless rolls.” He added. Watching Nora Landon could really see the potential. “Nicely done Miss Mckenny you have a natural talent I see.” he praised.

It wasn’t until the two Gryffindors started arguing on who was better and who deserved to be on the Quidditch team that Landon went from happy to unimpressed. “Miss Kiss, Mr. Walsh I expect better behavior from the both of you. I understand that Gryffindor has been having a bit of bad luck for the last couple of years but that doesn’t mean you should take it out on each other.” He told them both. “Now I won’t punish you for today but don’t expect me to forget about this. If it happens again there will be consequences understood?” Landon added. “Looks like our time is up, all those who participated will be awarded five points. I’ll see you all here for our next lesson, you are dismissed.” He finished dismissing the class for the day.

~ Time skip ~

Today Landon hoped he wouldn’t have any disruption in the class like he had last time. He’d be keeping an eye on the two lions but he didn’t really want to give them any punishment. Truth was Landon didn’t really like doing that sort of thing although he would if he had no other option. “Good afternoon class today we will be learning how stand on our brooms.” He told them. “It required a great deal of balance so for this class we’ll start with simply hovering after that well move onto actual movement while maintaining balance.” Landon added. “Now holding onto your broom with both hands position one foot on your broom in front of you from there, keep a steady balance and place your other foot behind that one.” He explained while doing so he demonstrated along with his words. “When you’re sure you have a good firm balance let go and then you can straighten yourself up.” he finished standing on his broom as it hovered above the ground. “Now have at it and take your time this isn’t a competition.” He added hoping they would keep that in mind.

With: my second year class

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:48 am
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

I played a game first year some a second reserve... doesn't he realize that reserves do sometimes play? // And for once I am thankful to ballet class.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna was annoyed at Toby's answer because in many ways it was ignorant and childish. She of course was baiting him to a point so his rudeness towards her didn't really surprise her but his loyalty of 'if Gryffindor loses, then it loses' and 'I'll probably never play a game' were in Ronna's opinion borderline ignorant and unloyal-both things that irritated her. Of course, knowledge and loyalty weren't technically traits that Gryffindor were painted for, it was more of a personal quirk thing, than an actual Toby was being a bad Gryffindor. She merely rolled her eyes and let out a sigh and then the professor spoke.

He called out both her and Toby saying they shouldn't take it out on each other. Thankfully, he wasn't going to punish them by detention or take house points but the fact of the matter was the reason Ronna had problems with Toby was she didn't think he was the better beater and more importantly he didn't take the position seriously. Her instincts told her to correct Professor Price but instead she said, "Very well, Professor." It was an answer that wasn't of agreement but more of she heard and understood the consequences.

➳ ➳ ➳ Time Skip ➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna listened as the professor explained the new technique: standing on their brooms. It was an interesting concept. She couldn't see it as particularly useful for a beater or really any position except seeker and maybe keeper. However, it sounded like at least a fun stunt to pull at the very least. She watched his demonstration and smiled a little as a thought crossed her mind and she remembered the six months of ballet lessons she had as punishment from her Dad for breaking the next door neighbor's nose. It was funny, but she actually wasn't bad at it. She hated the class, mostly because of the students, and she felt hoping around in frilly skirts was mostly a waste of time, but at the end of the day she was one of the better students at it. She actually had some grace if she put her mind to it and she did have natural balance.

She really wasn't out to make this time into a competition because frankly it wasn't a move that would translate as well into being a beater but she did want to make it into a competition with herself simply because she could. She hovered on her broom and was the first to boldly stand, she raised to the tips of her toes and down again and looked down at the broom and the ground the broom hovered above... okay that wasn't a good idea. Quickly, she glanced back up at Professor Price and said with a bit of a shaky smile as she recovered realizing this was a little different than balancing on the ground, "Guess I'll have to thank Dad for the ballet lessons after all."

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:43 am
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
[feeling: calm] [thinking: okay...] [with: Second Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby held back an exasperated groan. Of course the professor had overheard them. Well, at least he wasn't going to be stuck in detention with her. He nodded mutely, trying to look at least somewhat respectful. He didn't have a problem with the teacher, after all. Ronna looked annoyed. Good. Let her get annoyed. She was the one who'd started it, anyways. The reasoning might be somewhat immature but at this particular moment Toby couldn't care less. He glanced at his sister, who looked furious. Her brown eyes were narrowed behind her glasses. Thankfully, she seemed to be holding her tongue but was obviously stewing and going into protective, older by fifteen minutes mode. He couldn't be more happy for class to be dismissed.

time skipppppppppp

Trying to forget what had happened last class, Toby focused on what the professor was saying. Standing on brooms seemed really...cool. More like something to show off rather than really use, but what did he know? It probably came in handy for seekers and chasers. He awkwardly put one foot up on his broom and then the other. Crouching now, he awkwardly stood up, shaking a little despite himself, bent over, one hand still gripping the broom. He suddenly let go and straightened up, face flushed red. He was barely six feet off the ground, anyways. He stopped himself from sticking his arms out for balance, not wanting to look like a complete idiot.

But time and time again
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Again and again

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:08 am
Woah, tell me what you think you're looking at
Oh, so I think I'm Queen Elizabeth
And now I'm stuck inside your memory
That's why it's so hard to get rid of me
I am incredible, so unforgettable
So no one can take my place
I am unbreakable, highly flammable
So, girl, get out of my face
Oh, we got 'em going crazy
Maybe 'cause we're so amazing

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~Second Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: We get to stand up!} {with: Second Years} {at: Flying}

Jess tried her best not to glare at Ronna, because that was unnecessary and not very nice, but she'd almost gotten Toby in trouble for sticking up for himself! She'd heard about the whole Gryffindor team fiasco from her brother, of course, and she sort of understood why the girl might be annoyed, but it was hardly her twin's fault he was picked as second reserve. Anyways, it was a new class and she should do her best to just learn, right? Right? She still momentarily scowled, but was soon caught up in excitement about learning how to stand up on her broom. She followed the professor's instruction, but stood up when she just barely had both feet on the broom, and slipped, grabbing onto the broom for support so she didn't fall off. The Hufflepuff unabashedly stood up again, with considerable more balance. She stretched her arms out, grinning.

They can't fix what's not broken.

Everybody in a daze
And that's the reason why they're hating
Treat us like some superstars
And only 'cause that's what we are
You know we going really far
And you all ain't even heard it all
You hate 'cause I'm a rockstar
A pretty little problem
You hate me 'cause I'm everything that you ever wanted to be
And I don't mind 'cause I love it when you're looking at me

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:20 pm
NEW YEAR!!

Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to see what students would be taking his class. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students in his class. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Now since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." he instructed.

With: my second year class

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:01 am
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire walked onto the familiar field from her first year at Hogwarts, wasn't this the same field...or sort of the same field as flying class? ....Whatever, maybe Hogwarts wasn't very imaginative.

Complaining? Oh how much of a failure you are.

Claire refused to let her normally disinterested expression fall, she wouldn't let the stupid voice take hold of her. She could ignore it. When the professor introduced himself Claire sighed as she put on her sugar side and smiled brightly, "My name is Claire Alexandrie~" She started with a happy expression, "I'm from Slytherin and I took the class because I wanted to be good when I try out for Quidditch." She finished concise and straight to the point.

....Being happy was such a chore to do.

My feelings? I'm calm you know?
Precious thought of mine, "...Ugh....I hate my sugar self."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:01 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Flying class (Wednesday: 3:00pm to 3:45pm)

Leonette came to flying with total excitement. Any time she could be in the air she was excited. For now though she had to introduce herself which was fine enough by her. "My name's Leonette Mitchell most call me Leo. I'm in Gryffindor and I took this class because I want to learn everything I can for when I play for the Gryffindor quidditch team." she said with a smile. Standing next to Claire she wondered if the girl was forcing the happy niceness.

With: Class... Claire

Wearing: Uniform

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out