Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Anybody else watch "How William Shatner Changed the World?" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:44 am
Finally got the chance to watch it!

Yeah, it was fun. But it really isn't about William Shatner so much as it is about how Star trek itself changed the world. People have been writing and talking about this for many years, so it really isn't all that new - but it was still a cute idea to have a TV program done about it, hosted by Shatner. Shatner has gotten lovable in his old age.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:44 am
That show was really fascinating. I actually learned alot about trek I never knew before. I love how funny it was too. I mean I've always thought shatner was hysterical but Jonathan Frakes was great too. His little PJ rant killed me.  

lepetitchou

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:26 pm
watched that when it aired, it was hilarious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:47 pm
omg yeah i saw that. i wouldnt have exactly chose that title but yeah i found it really interesting that all this crap we used was influenced by star trek.  

ranch_and_potatos

kitchenwench

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:23 pm
I did and I wasn't impressed. William Shatner didn't do much, however the writers of Star Trek inspired much. Just another pitiful fame grab.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:14 pm
twilight-temptress
I did and I wasn't impressed. William Shatner didn't do much, however the writers of Star Trek inspired much. Just another pitiful fame grab.

I disagree.

The writers of TOS (and Gene Roddenberry himself) may have envisioned the general idea of Captain Kirk's character, but it was Shatner who brought life to the charismatic commanding officer. They wouldn't have hired him if they thought he wasn't good enough. They would have had the writers act instead. xD

Besides, Star Trek isn't the only thing Shatner's done. Anyone remember TJ Hooker and Boston Legal? Does The Twilight Zone ring any bells? Heck, Shatner's done much more than television and cinema. He's got a long list of accomplishments under his belt.  

Miral Paris

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces