Lanzer just posted this... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henmsji

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:20 pm
The best part with all of these announcements and replies from staff, is how much they're trying to make it look like they're the victims.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:30 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
...This is going to sound really pathetic, but I just...
This is so infuriating and upsetting.
Gaia means, or meant I guess, so much to me, and today its like they are telling me and others that have been here all these years that they'[ve been taking advantage of our support.

...I am sorry, but how ******** dare you take advantage of people like that.
People trusted you and this is their reward? This unrecognizable wreckage?

I know what you mean..
emotion_hug  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Bibaxt

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:32 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

I'm at the point of wondering if it's even Lanzer on that account anymore.
What a sham.

I had that same thought actually.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 pm
Lost Retort
✄ Wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords.
    Wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords.

"Put simply, we are a business and our job is to ensure that Gaia as a company is healthy that continues to grow."

I misread this sentence. I saw what I wanted to see. I read community instead of company. The only reason I caught my mis-read was because I had to go back and re-read the sentence because of the grammatical error.

burning_eyes I misread it, too.
Thanks for pointing that out. Now excuse me while I throw up.
emotion_puke  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:46 pm
★

._. I'm on the verge of quitting right now. I've been on Gaia since 06
(Changed accounts a lot, this is my newest/main )

But seriously.... I can't deal with this. Gaia has been a rather big part
in my life. I met people on here, back in 06 that I still talk to today.
I love the old Gaia and it's very clear that they're not going back to the
old days.

I really think I'm done with this site.
It won't be easy, but I'm probably gonna quit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:48 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

burning_eyes I misread it, too.
Thanks for pointing that out. Now excuse me while I throw up.
emotion_puke

Look, gaia, see how much we wanted to see you be better again.
We even subconsciously changed the evidence of our eyes.  

Lost Retort

Cluttered Shapeshifter

16,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100

Useless_ Keyblader

Generous Noob

7,675 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 pm
Brommiel
★

._. I'm on the verge of quitting right now. I've been on Gaia since 06
(Changed accounts a lot, this is my newest/main )

But seriously.... I can't deal with this. Gaia has been a rather big part
in my life. I met people on here, back in 06 that I still talk to today.
I love the old Gaia and it's very clear that they're not going back to the
old days.

I really think I'm done with this site.
It won't be easy, but I'm probably gonna quit.

same with me this is utterly pathetic after all the support we gave over the years.....  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:57 pm
Man....

Man....

I miss the old gaia...

I wish it hadn't fallen apart so suddenly. But it did. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can, and hope the people I've come to know here in this community don't fade away. I'm gonna hold out.  

Complacent Mind

Enduring Rogue

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:06 pm
Does Lanz-butt always double space at the end of a sentence?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:15 pm
It seemed so disingenuous. Just a rehash of the earlier company statement. Makes me wonder if Lanzer actually wrote that up himself. It seems like Gaia is just trying to use Lanzer's name as a way to placate the masses.

Both Lanzer's announcement and the company announcement seem to be missing the point anyways. They're so focused in on telling everyone that Gaia is a company and it needs money to run, but I'm pretty sure people know that. That's not the problem. They completely ignore most of the major complaints. Where's the part addressing the concerns about Flynnflation, where's the part about neglected and shut-down non-cash features while cash features move forward rapidly, where's the part about the aggressive nature of the advertising for the cash push? It's not there. Because these announcements were nothing more than a ploy to pacify the users so they'll go back to or continue to spend money on Gaia.  

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150

Berenich Machavian

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:17 pm
So, perhaps I'm wrong, but this is how I see it through my tinted monocle:
After a "rough" night (to say the least) On SF, we basically categorically ban anyone who spoke out openly against selected members of upper-level management, then we get two announcements that say: "Ok, we know most people in the community hate where we're going, but we honestly don't care." Does that about sum it up?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:20 pm
Something I just reflected on when thinking on the words that have been used in recent announcements - community and business

They just can't really go together, Gaia is either a community or a business and they need to pick one so we all know which side we stand on.

-Business does things for the sake of the business.
-Community does things for the sake of the community.

So....what IS Gaia now?

beddie bye time.
Wake me if there is another pathetic community announcement.... rolleyes  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

A Thief Appears

Shadowy Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:22 pm
Berenich Machavian
So, perhaps I'm wrong, but this is how I see it through my tinted monocle:
After a "rough" night (to say the least) On SF, we basically categorically ban anyone who spoke out openly against selected members of upper-level management, then we get two announcements that say: "Ok, we know most people in the community hate where we're going, but we honestly don't care." Does that about sum it up?

Hit the nail on the head, my friend. emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:23 pm
Anja Sedai
It seemed so disingenuous. Just a rehash of the earlier company statement. Makes me wonder if Lanzer actually wrote that up himself. It seems like Gaia is just trying to use Lanzer's name as a way to placate the masses.

Both Lanzer's announcement and the company announcement seem to be missing the point anyways. They're so focused in on telling everyone that Gaia is a company and it needs money to run, but I'm pretty sure people know that. That's not the problem. They completely ignore most of the major complaints. Where's the part addressing the concerns about Flynnflation, where's the part about neglected and shut-down non-cash features while cash features move forward rapidly, where's the part about the aggressive nature of the advertising for the cash push? It's not there. Because these announcements were nothing more than a ploy to pacify the users so they'll go back to or continue to spend money on Gaia.

they're trying to dodge the actual problem and look like we are cash cows  

Useless_ Keyblader

Generous Noob

7,675 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Useless_ Keyblader

Generous Noob

7,675 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:27 pm
Pwnder
Something I just reflected on when thinking on the words that have been used in recent announcements - community and business

They just can't really go together, Gaia is either a community or a business and they need to pick one so we all know which side we stand on.

-Business does things for the sake of the business.
-Community does things for the sake of the community.

So....what IS Gaia now?

beddie bye time.
Wake me if there is another pathetic community announcement.... rolleyes

its a business now since they are kicking the older users for the sake of money. The community of gaia is no more dj helsing was basically leading that since he's gone yeah this site is nothing.  
📌Important Information & References

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff