Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
♛ [Potions] Fall Term 2013 (Open!) ♛ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You better not post...
  I shall not because I'm made of win.
View Results

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:54 pm
gaia_star classified_reve gaia_star

Classes start here. Have fun everyone!

gaia_star classified_reve gaia_star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:23 pm
RP Name: Elise
House: Slytherin
Year: 1st year
What made you decide to study potions?: I enjoy learning new things; so with that, I enjoy classes in general. I decided to take potions in particular because I think it's cool that a few ingredients can make something so powerful. Also, I enjoy chemistry in Muggle schools.
Is there any potion you'd like to brew?: Not in particular
Please tell me a bit about yourself: I'm really excited to learn a lot here at Hogwarts since it's my first year. I'm really determined to do well in classes which is seemingly odd for a Slytherin. I really love reading and music and I did well in Muggle school prior to Hogwarts.

monkey2979

8,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:33 pm
Hailey smiled as the elegant phoenix gently set her sign up form on her desk then dipped her quill in her ink jar and began to write.

RP Name: Hailey Redgrave
House: Ravenclaw
Year: Second
What potions have you done in previous classes?: None, this is my first potions class.
Is there any potion you'd like to brew?: Any type of healing potion I would love to learn.
Please tell me a bit about yourself: My name is Hailey Redgrave and I am a twelve year old half-blood witch. I am interested in being a Healer at St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, specifically the First or Third floor. In my free time I enjoy walking around the grounds and reading in front of the fire in the common room.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:12 pm
Hailey Redgrave
Second Year Ravenclaw

Forgetfulness Potion

After turning her sign up sheet in, Hailey got up and went to the student supply cupboard to get the necessary ingredients for her first potions assignment. Once she had everything she headed back to her table and got started.

'Add two drops of Lethe River Water to the cauldron' grabbing the pitcher, Hailey poured it into the cauldron.

'Gently head for 20 seconds' turning the Bunsen burner like device the cauldron is sitting on Hailey turned it to the low setting and sang "happy birthday" to herself for the 20 seconds.

'Add 2 Valerian sprigs to your cauldron' grabbing two of the small sprigs, Hailey dropped them in one at a time.

'Stir 3 times, clockwise' Hailey picked up her ladle and began slowly stirring clockwise three times, making sure to only count to the next number once her ladle passed directly opposite her in the cauldron.

'Wave your wand' Taking the ladle out and tapping any remaining liquid, Hailey set it down and picked up her wand that was tucked into her bun and waved it over the cauldron.

'Leave to brew and return in 45-60 minutes' Reading this, Hailey shrugged and looked at her wizard's watch she bought in Diagon Alley. While waiting for the time to pass, Hailey took out her copy of Quidditch Through The Ages but making sure to check her watch every now and then.

Forty-five minutes later, Hailey set her book down and moved on to the next step.

'Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to the mortar' Bringing her mortar and pestle closer, Hailey grabbed the Standard Ingredient and put it in there knowing more needed to be added before she started crushing.

'Add 4 mistletoe berries to the mortar' Hailey broke off 4 of the vibrant berries and dropped them in the mortar.

'Crush into a medium-fine powder using the pestle' Taking up her pestle Hailey began crushing the ingredients using a circular motion with her wrist. She stopped once the powder was only slightly clumpy.

'Add 2 pinches of the crushed mixture to your cauldron' Taking some powder between her thumb and forefinger Hailey added that to the cauldron. She repeated this once more.

'Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise' Taking her ladle once more Hailey slowly stirred the cauldron until she counted to five.

'Wave your wand to complete the potion' Tapping the excess potion off the ladle, Hailey set it down and took her wand from her hair to wave it over the cauldron one more time. This done, she put it back in her bun and carefully put the potion in the provided vial, making sure to label it before hand and set it on Professor Mahou's desk.

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:29 pm
User Image
monkey2979

Mahou-sensei gave a gentle nod as she approached and greeted the Slytherin girl.

"Another first year. Welcome Elise-san. I'm glad you could join us. Determination is a good thing. If one has no drive, they will never accomplish much of anything. Since you are eager, you may now begin your work. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. Now if you'll excuse me, it seems I have more work I myself must catch up on."

With slight bow, Mahou-sensei turned to continue meeting more of her pupils.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:34 pm
User Image
ApostleOfTheWind13

Mahou-sensei's eyes seemed to twinkle a bit as she approached the young Ravenclaw.

"It is good to meet you Hailey-san. I have heard much about the academic ambition of your house. To be a doctor is hard work. I shall endeavor to include things that would assist you in that goal. Ah, I see you've already started on your classwork. I admire your determination. If I can be of any help, please let me know. If you'll excuse me, I am eager to see your work."

Bowing politely, Mahou-sensei turned and made her way to her desk to grade the finished potion.

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:57 pm
User Image
ApostleOfTheWind13

Lifting the bottle gently, Mahou-sensei couldn't help but smile. She was so happy to be holding the first assignment finished in her new class.

She began by removing the cork stopper and waving her wand over the potion. Satisfied with the results, Mahou-sensei began a few more detailed tests with the delicate equipment she pulled from one of her desk drawers. After a few minutes she made a pleased sound before looking towards Hailey.

"You've done a lovely job Hailey-san.
10 Points to Ravenclaw for your wonderful work! I look forward to seeing more from you. If you have the time, why not try your hand at the Extra Credit assignment?" she asked warmly.User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:51 pm
Nikkiquin
User Image
ApostleOfTheWind13

Lifting the bottle gently, Mahou-sensei couldn't help but smile. She was so happy to be holding the first assignment finished in her new class.

She began by removing the cork stopper and waving her wand over the potion. Satisfied with the results, Mahou-sensei began a few more detailed tests with the delicate equipment she pulled from one of her desk drawers. After a few minutes she made a pleased sound before looking towards Hailey.

"You've done a lovely job Hailey-san.
10 Points to Ravenclaw for your wonderful work! I look forward to seeing more from you. If you have the time, why not try your hand at the Extra Credit assignment?" she asked warmly.User Image
"Thank you for your praise and I appreciate you being considerate with my career ambition. I just may take your suggestion and give the extra credit a try. I could earn back the 5 points I lost earlier."  

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:23 pm
RP Name: Amelia Grey
House: Hufflepuff
Year: 7th year
What potions have you done in previous classes?: That's a secret wink
Is there any potion you'd like to brew?: I would like to brew anything challenging my professor sends my way
Please tell me a bit about yourself: I am enthusiastic and bubbly but also hard working don't underestimate me, I'm silent genius wink buawhahaha

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff