Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
what is the great rite? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:35 am
Neko_Bast
I don't expect you to apologise. Your doing what you think is right. I do think you were a little rude but I tend to read into posts. sweatdrop I would like to know where in the 161 rules its says your entitled to demand though. I read them, and I couldn't find it. After I have researched them thoroughly I might even answer your questions.

So you are admitting that, without any kind of serious research, you decided you were a Wiccan?

Justify your claim that you are a wiccan.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:42 am
To your actual question:
"To this end all the craft must receive correction willingly."
Pressed submit in the wrong window

This law is important in combination with
" If there be any dispute or quarrel among the Brethren, the High Priestess shall straightly convene the Elders and inquire into the matter, and they shall hear both sides, first alone and then ogether."

Now... you can only actually have these applied to you if you are wiccan. In order to assess this, I need to, without breaking these
"But in these unhappy times we must celebrate our sacred mysteries in secret."
"So be it ordained that none but the Wicca may see our mysteries, for our enemies are many and torture loosens the tongue of man."
I am left with no alternative but to demand a thorough understanding of the outer court rituals.

Didn't they teach you interpretation of the 161 rules of Wicca in your coven... oh wait. Never mind.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:52 am
reagun ban
Neko_Bast
I don't expect you to apologise. Your doing what you think is right. I do think you were a little rude but I tend to read into posts. sweatdrop I would like to know where in the 161 rules its says your entitled to demand though. I read them, and I couldn't find it. After I have researched them thoroughly I might even answer your questions.

So you are admitting that, without any kind of serious research, you decided you were a Wiccan?

Justify your claim that you are a wiccan.

No........I did seriously research. Just unlike my fiance I don't memorize ever little thing I read or here about. So i'm rereading so I know that I'm not entirle misguided.

Also I'm not geting back in that argument with you, it would just be pointless.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:57 am
Neko_Bast
I know that I'm not entirle misguided.

# But in these unhappy times we must celebrate our sacred mysteries in secret.
# So be it ordained that none but the Wicca may see our mysteries, for our enemies are many and torture loosens the tongue of man.
These disagree with you.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:59 am
reagun ban

Didn't they teach you interpretation of the 161 rules of Wicca in your coven... oh wait. Never mind.

so every coven could have entirly differnet interpretations of what the rules meen. Its kinda like geting a bunch of christions togeather and trying to get them to agree on there interpretations of the bible. Since I don't have a coven to "tell me what they meen," I have to interpret them my own way.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:04 am
reagun ban
Neko_Bast
I know that I'm not entirle misguided.

# But in these unhappy times we must celebrate our sacred mysteries in secret.
# So be it ordained that none but the Wicca may see our mysteries, for our enemies are many and torture loosens the tongue of man.
These disagree with you.

Your quoting me out of context. That isn't even the full sentece. Let me refrase it so you can grasp it. I'm researching so I can find out if what I know is true or not.
Dose that help?  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:09 am
Neko_Bast
so every coven could have entirly differnet interpretations of what the rules meen.

There is some room for navigation, however, it's up to the high priestess to decide what rules apply and what interpretations are used. You know, like it says in rules "And the High Priestess shall rule her coven as the representative of the Goddess."

Neko_Bast
Its kinda like geting a bunch of christions togeather and trying to get them to agree on there interpretations of the bible.

Not really.

Neko_Bast
Since I don't have a coven to "tell me what they meen," I have to interpret them my own way.

Which would be massively arrogant of you.

In fact... why don't you do that with the laws in your state. See how long you last in court "but I didn't have a solicitor around to tell me what they mean".
Your claming to be Wiccan without training is MORE arrogant than claiming to be a lawyer. Wiccans are representatives of The Goddess lawyers are just representatives of the state/country.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:14 am
Neko_Bast
Your quoting me out of context.

No, I'm really not quoting you out of context.
Neko_Bast
That isn't even the full sentence.

So what. How does the context of it change when it's on its own?
Neko_Bast
Let me rephrase it so you can grasp it.

It helps, when you're trying to patronise someone, to have your spelling correct, have some scholarly sources to back up your opinion and not to use glaring logical fallacies.
Neko_Bast
I'm researching so I can find out if what I know is true or not.

What methods of research are you using?

Neko_Bast
Does that help?

Not really, it doesn't provide any proof of scholarly study.
For all I know, your means of "researching" is getting "To a " from your local library and citing $ilver Crow Rabid Dog at me.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:26 am
reagun ban
Neko_Bast
Your quoting me out of context.

No, I'm really not quoting you out of context.
Neko_Bast
That isn't even the full sentence.

So what. How does the context of it change when it's on its own?

the full sentence states that I'm finding out if what I know is true or not. What you quoted says that I know i'm right. There is a difference.

reagun ban
Neko_Bast
Does that help?

Not really, it doesn't provide any proof of scholarly study.
For all I know, your means of "researching" is getting "To a " from your local library and citing $ilver Crow Rabid Dog at me.

I would never quote "Silver RavenWolf" at you. You don't respect her so why should I try to cite her? I might have read her when I was younger but I don't exactly see her as reliable research anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:25 am
Neko_Bast
the full sentence states that I'm finding out if what I know is true or not. What you quoted says that I know i'm right. There is a difference.
So- how about this- if you feel you are called to the Wiccan Lord and Lady, why not hold off on calling yourself Wiccan until you have been initiated?

I mean- how hard is that? The only way you can know if the OCW stuff is accurate is to learn from a coven. If you are an honest seeker- why not (out of respect for those the Wiccan Lord and Lady have called into their service as their Clergy- hell out of respect for the Wiccan Lord and Lady) drop the title, earn your initiation and move from there?

Quote:

I would never quote "Silver RavenWolf" at you. You don't respect her so why should I try to cite her? I might have read her when I was younger but I don't exactly see her as reliable research anymore.
But you are treating her assertions as truth in the face of initiated lineaged Wiccans (past and present).

Can you see why that is contrary to your goal?  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:14 pm
I have no doubt that you do some good research. I just wonder this. The Great Rite is fairly important ritual, and common practice to Wicca. It's part of the culture to discuss certain aspects, or even joke about it.

So what are you researching from that you haven't read anything about it?

Other than that, I'm staying out of the whether or not you have the right to call yourself Wiccan. That's a debate we've had many times.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:30 pm
Nuri
I have no doubt that you do some good research. I just wonder this. The Great Rite is fairly important ritual, and common practice to Wicca. It's part of the culture to discuss certain aspects, or even joke about it.

is this directed at me? I've heard about the Great Rite befor. I've even preformed it. I'm mainly researching to see if what I thought was right, not because I didn't know.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:55 pm
Neko_Bast

is this directed at me? I've heard about the Great Rite befor. I've even preformed it. I'm mainly researching to see if what I thought was right, not because I didn't know.

Depends upon the rite. Is it accurate for Outercourt Eclectic paganism? Sure. Everything that doesn't steal from closed traditions is fair game. Is it the same as the Great Rite of Wicca? No- because it lacks the Wiccan Mystery tied to the ritual that gives it the Context of Wicca over say- a Hellenic ritual.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:03 pm
Neko_Bast
Nuri

From your OP, it sounded like you had no idea. My apologies.

So, were you right?  

maenad nuri
Captain

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:24 pm
Nuri
Neko_Bast
Nuri

From your OP, it sounded like you had no idea. My apologies.

So, were you right?

Yep ^-^ I didn't find anything that I didn't already know. I don't have acsess to Trad coven stuff so to some people its still not quite the same.

I'm in the prosess of anwering Reaguns questions in my journal.....  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff