Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm
Hi everybody! I'm Kelly, and I've been on Gaia with my former main account since 2007. I'm from the middle of Nowhere, Missouri smack dab in the middle of Nowhere, USA.

I mentioned my main account only because I'm in the process of closing down all of my accounts and leaving Gaia due to the Cash Shop.

I toiled long and hard about this, especially closing down my main account here, but the truth is, I just don't enjoy this site anymore, and I accepted the invitation to this guild because I know that I can't be alone. I simply cannot be the ONLY person that's seriously going to leave this site because of what Gaia has become.

It used to be a fun place to just hang out, and one of the biggest thrills to be found was watching an item evolve or waiting anxiously to see what was inside our mysterious collectible envelope every month. A landmark for me was seeing the final evolution of Hermes Moon. And the incredible anticipation for Alruna's Rose as the price climbed to an incredible (at the time) 500K!!!

But that excitement is long gone. MCs are nothing more than a new item for Cash. EIs are commonplace. And RIGs have taken over.

Anyway, it's nice to see everyone here. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 am
Hi, I'm Kangit.

I was invited to this guild relatively recently, and it sounds like it was because of my obvious annoyance at Gaia's recent decision to center the site (the post announcing it). According to the poll they were using to base their decision, the Yes side (supposedly) got the least amount of votes and the No side (supposedly) won by a landslide. They then grouped the Yes and neutral votes together to make it just barely beat the No side.

I don't know how many of you heard about this, because it doesn't seem like it was put in an official announcement yet, for some reason. I wonder if they plan to, or if they're going to just spring it on people, and see what they do?

Anyway, when I'm not trying to fix stuff like this, I maintain my guild, GIF thread, and petitions. I sometimes play in the Virtual Spaces or zOMG!.  

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

GingerChainsaw

Liberal Businessman

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:19 pm
Hi, I'm Ashley. I've been a member since '08, I quit around '10 or so, and have recently come back to gaia.

When I first came back, I was super surprised at the inflation of the marketplace. I mean, 9mil for an item? Really? I just noticed this guild in a forum I was reading on the inflation problem and now here I am.

I am still getting used to all the changes, so I probably won't be participating in any of the new games/features for a while, though I am a frequent marketplace browser.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:23 pm
GingerChainsaw
Hi, I'm Ashley. I've been a member since '08, I quit around '10 or so, and have recently come back to gaia.

When I first came back, I was super surprised at the inflation of the marketplace. I mean, 9mil for an item? Really? I just noticed this guild in a forum I was reading on the inflation problem and now here I am.

I am still getting used to all the changes, so I probably won't be participating in any of the new games/features for a while, though I am a frequent marketplace browser.

Hi GingerChainsaw! I'm so glad you decided to join us, and it's so nice to see you!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:25 pm
Kangit
Hi, I'm Kangit.

I was invited to this guild relatively recently, and it sounds like it was because of my obvious annoyance at Gaia's recent decision to center the site (the post announcing it). According to the poll they were using to base their decision, the Yes side (supposedly) got the least amount of votes and the No side (supposedly) won by a landslide. They then grouped the Yes and neutral votes together to make it just barely beat the No side.

I don't know how many of you heard about this, because it doesn't seem like it was put in an official announcement yet, for some reason. I wonder if they plan to, or if they're going to just spring it on people, and see what they do?

Anyway, when I'm not trying to fix stuff like this, I maintain my guild, GIF thread, and petitions. I sometimes play in the Virtual Spaces or zOMG!.

Hi Kangit!

I'm so sorry that I'm slow on the draw in welcoming you, but we're SO glad you're here!

And yes, the site centering was/is one VERY heated debate, especially given the nature of that poll. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:22 am
Madame Xiva
Kangit
Hi, I'm Kangit.

Hi Kangit!

I'm so sorry that I'm slow on the draw in welcoming you, but we're SO glad you're here!

And yes, the site centering was/is one VERY heated debate, especially given the nature of that poll. neutral

Thank you. cat_3nodding

I really can't figure what they're thinking lately (whether it's one person, or multiple people), but they keep doing weird updates no one likes and having nonstop "sales." It almost seems like they're trying to annoy people into leaving Gaia, and I can't figure out why. Even just a few hours ago, they released Flynn's Booty again, and then later announced "special popup offers." They're not letting people reply to the popup offer thread, so I don't know how other people feel about them, but I imagine they're very annoying.  

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:51 am
I'm too shy to go with an opening intro at this time, but as far as I recall I've been there since sometime around 2008-2009 actually.

In other words I was around since before a lot of those rapid changes were going on actually, and I just know that the Gaia online we are seeing right now is not the same as the Gaia online of 2008-2009 actually.

There is no instant messaging, and the JavaScript Professionals working on the site are no more for unknown reasons.

I'm Javier Cross, I'm a freelance role-player who's part of a group of role-players, I gather gold for more art and I feel pleased as punch to meet you all.

Izzy said rawr
''

Pleased to meet you. redface  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:47 pm
Javier Cross
I'm too shy to go with an opening intro at this time, but as far as I recall I've been there since sometime around 2008-2009 actually.

In other words I was around since before a lot of those rapid changes were going on actually, and I just know that the Gaia online we are seeing right now is not the same as the Gaia online of 2008-2009 actually.

There is no instant messaging, and the JavaScript Professionals working on the site are no more for unknown reasons.

I'm Javier Cross, I'm a freelance role-player who's part of a group of role-players, I gather gold for more art and I feel pleased as punch to meet you all.

Hi Javier! It's so nice to have you here! I've been around since 2007, so I know the Gaia of which you speak. I miss that Gaia.

I'm pleased as punch to meet you too and welcome!!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:51 pm
Kangit

Thank you. cat_3nodding

I really can't figure what they're thinking lately (whether it's one person, or multiple people), but they keep doing weird updates no one likes and having nonstop "sales." It almost seems like they're trying to annoy people into leaving Gaia, and I can't figure out why. Even just a few hours ago, they released Flynn's Booty again, and then later announced "special popup offers." They're not letting people reply to the popup offer thread, so I don't know how other people feel about them, but I imagine they're very annoying.

You are very correct, Kangit. There are a lot of disappointed Gaians in our midst right now, and many of them are right here with us in this guild. Believe me when I say I share in your disappointment with the way things are right now.

If you have any ideas or suggestion on what we might be able to do as a group, please feel free to start a thread here. There are several ideas going around right now, and I have some new members on their way that have proposals for group efforts we all might be able to make.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:53 pm
Madame Xiva
Javier Cross

Hi Javier! It's so nice to have you here! I've been around since 2007, so I know the Gaia of which you speak. I miss that Gaia.

I'm pleased as punch to meet you too and welcome!!!

I am working to spread the word about this matter any way I can manage in reason.
I even posted up the links to groups that need to know about this one as well.
The Gaia online that was behaving like Gaia actually has a JavaScript-backed chat service, you even get more gold the longer you can hold up a conversation and I am not talking Meebo, either.
If we want to see that Gaia back and far better than it ever was, before, we may have to start by speaking with MistyMary24 for more ideas, actually.

Shall I add more?  

Javier Cross

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:58 pm
Javier Cross

I am working to spread the word about this matter any way I can manage in reason.
The Gaia online that was behaving like Gaia actually has a JavaScript-backed chat service, you even get more gold the longer you can hold up a conversation and I am not talking Meebo, either.
If we want to see that Gaia back and far better than it ever was, before, we may have to start by speaking with MistyMary24 for more ideas, actually.

Shall I add more?

I don't see MistyMary24 amongst our group of guild members....would you like to invite her or shall I? Or is she admin? LOL...sorry I'm not familiar with her.

As for the JavaScript issue, I seem to recall Uncle Kenny or one of the devs commenting that Gaia is moving away from JavaScript, but please do not hold me to that. I will try and find a link to that statement, but until that time, I'm only saying that I seem to recall something along those lines.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:02 pm
Madame Xiva
Javier Cross

Shall I add more?

I don't see MistyMary24 amongst our group of guild members....would you like to invite her or shall I? Or is she admin? LOL...sorry I'm not familiar with her.

As for the JavaScript issue, I seem to recall Uncle Kenny or one of the devs commenting that Gaia is moving away from JavaScript, but please do not hold me to that. I will try and find a link to that statement, but until that time, I'm only saying that I seem to recall something along those lines.

Invite MistyMary24 and let her know she's been recommended by yours truly, whom at the moment is lurking around these parts wondering how everybody else is getting a free sign actually.
Trust me, if She herself was head of site, she'd hire She herself[i]a lot[//i] of professional JavaScript users and morale would have started seeing significant improvement already.
Not to mention the Marketplace in particular would be less of a war zone than what its becoming right now.

__

Yes I recalled it, I was there when I was told about it but not the how or the why.  

Javier Cross

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:11 pm
Javier Cross

Invite MistyMary24 and let her know she's been recommended by yours truly, whom at the moment is lurking around these parts wondering how everybody else is getting a free sign actually.
Trust me, if She herself was head of site, she'd hire a lot[//i] of professional JavaScript users and morale would have started seeing significant improvement already.
Not to mention the Marketplace in particular would be less of a war zone than what its becoming right now.

__

Yes I recalled it, I was there when I was told about it but not the how or the why.

I will certainly invite her, and I appreciate that! Now, when you say free sign, hun....are you talking about the SOS sign? If so, I bought several to give away to anyone whom needs it, so if you want one, I will se
you right away!

And yes, I see that the site is quite upset right now, but I must say I didn't realize that JavaScript was causing so many issues. I'll have to pay closer attention. Perhaps you might want to ask a question for clarification on this issue for ATA this week if you haven't already done so.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:15 pm
Madame Xiva
Javier Cross

Trust me, if She herself was head of site, she'd hire a lot[//i] of professional JavaScript users and morale would have started seeing significant improvement already.

__

I will certainly invite her, and I appreciate that! Now, when you say free sign, hun....are you talking about the SOS sign? If so, I bought several to give away to anyone whom needs it, so if you want one, I will send it over to you right away!

And yes, I see that the site is quite upset right now, but I must say I didn't realize that JavaScript was causing so many issues. I'll have to pay closer attention. Perhaps you might want to ask a question for clarification on this issue for ATA this week if you haven't already done so.

Where did you find them, by c
like a sign or two, actually.
If I could hire an artist I could probably hire them to do art of some of the people I'd RP with, holding the signs.

___

I already asked it twice, but the staff didn't get back to me.
Its like the head of site does not want a viable and honest explanation for what's going on to be explained.  

Javier Cross

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:22 pm
Javier Cross

Where did you find them, by chance?
I would like a sign or two, actually.
If I could hire an artist I could probably hire them to do art of some of the people I'd RP with, holding the signs.

I already asked it twice, but the staff didn't get back to me.
Its like the head of site does not want a viable and honest explanation for what's going on to be explained.

The SOS signs are from an event a few years ago, and they're currently for sale in the Marketplace, but I'll be happy to send to you for free! And avi art to help support our cause would be so wonderful! Thank you very much.

I've also had the same frustrating experience with questions at ATA, but I'm going to keep trying. May I suggest posting the question here? It helps us keep track of the questions we would like to ask along with volunteers to ask them that week. Though this week is looking kinda sparse. LOL  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games