Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
What items would you like to wear to show support? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like this idea?
  Yes
  No
  I think a different idea would be more effective.
View Results

Dwindling

Romantic Man-Lover

12,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:28 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Dwindling
Maybe clear out all the gold shops of everything they have and replace with new stuff.
Having a warning period beforehand will get people to buy as much as they can before it disappears.

Is this an idea as to what the site should do?

It was. But I've realised it is not the best idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:01 pm
Dwindling
Pegasaurus Rex
Dwindling
Maybe clear out all the gold shops of everything they have and replace with new stuff.
Having a warning period beforehand will get people to buy as much as they can before it disappears.

I actually don't this is a bad idea at all and thought about this myself. Instead of permanent removal though, maybe items would come and go in it's own seasonal period instead.

Another idea would to have shops close from time to time, we could get a sign like "Sorry, Moira's on vacation this week and the shop will be closed from ect-ect" and when she comes back, some items would be gone and new ones replaced. This would promote more gold shopping by providing a sense of scarcity.

Madame Blaze

Demonic Demigod

16,975 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Conventioneer 300

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:02 pm
Honestly I feel that users should no longer be able to sell store items in the MP. Store items would only be sold back to the shops. Doing this would mean that the gold would go back into the system rather than back into circulation. No one buys from the shops when they can get the items cheaper in the MP but if they couldn't...boom. Inflation solved...or at least helped.

Second idea:
Gaia Gold Rig. The items in it would be just as good including all the old stuff that is carried over in each RIG. It would be sold in one of the shops for 100-250k and could not be sold in the MP. I guarantee people would buy it just as eagerly as they buy them in the cash shop. Another gold sink.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:26 pm
Madame Blaze
Dwindling
Pegasaurus Rex
Dwindling

I actually don't this is a bad idea at all and thought about this myself. Instead of permanent removal though, maybe items would come and go in it's own seasonal period instead.

Another idea would to have shops close from time to time, we could get a sign like "Sorry, Moira's on vacation this week and the shop will be closed from ect-ect" and when she comes back, some items would be gone and new ones replaced. This would promote more gold shopping by providing a sense of scarcity.

That could work :3  

Dwindling

Romantic Man-Lover

12,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100

Madame Blaze

Demonic Demigod

16,975 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:36 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Honestly I feel that users should no longer be able to sell store items in the MP. Store items would only be sold back to the shops. Doing this would mean that the gold would go back into the system rather than back into circulation. No one buys from the shops when they can get the items cheaper in the MP but if they couldn't...boom. Inflation solved...or at least helped.

Second idea:
Gaia Gold Rig. The items in it would be just as good including all the old stuff that is carried over in each RIG. It would be sold in one of the shops for 100-250k and could not be sold in the MP. I guarantee people would buy it just as eagerly as they buy them in the cash shop. Another gold sink.

I like your first idea very much! While I don't think it will solve inflation, it will definitely punch it in the gut quite a bit, haha! To be quite honest with you, I generally just sell back my gold shop items back to the store because it's faster anyway. xD

This would be a brilliant idea, if I didn't already here the complaining of the people who had to spend GC for items people are getting with gold. This would be better implemented if we had a better and higher priced items gold shops. If we had more items in a 100k-1mill range, we could make a rig using gold shop items that could be bought with gold, to keep it fair for the people who spent GC.

Dwindling; Thanks!! :'D

You guys are awesome, these are some great ideas! Now only if Gaia can realize it's awesomeness. gonk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:02 am
Madame Blaze
xx I met my fate xx

Second idea:

I like your first idea very much! While I don't think it will solve inflation, it will definitely punch it in the gut quite a bit, haha! To be quite honest with you, I generally just sell back my gold shop items back to the store because it's faster anyway. xD

This would be a brilliant idea, if I didn't already here the complaining of the people who had to spend GC for items people are getting with gold. This would be better implemented if we had a better and higher priced items gold shops. If we had more items in a 100k-1mill range, we could make a rig using gold shop items that could be bought with gold, to keep it fair for the people who spent GC.

Dwindling; Thanks!! :'D

You guys are awesome, these are some great ideas! Now only if Gaia can realize it's awesomeness. gonk

Thank you! I'm glad that my idea appealed to you. Hopefully it will appeal to the higher ups as well.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:50 am
I don't know if any one has posted it but we could use all sponsor items. They don't give them out so often as they used to. I mean for me its a good idea. A few years ago they had the cinema where you go in and watch a clip about a movie or something and get an item for it.
I think to wear those would be cute.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:09 am
What better items than the G Pin or Wing Pin? We're essentially saying that the amount of cash being pushed distracts from the community and changes the site we love into something we're starting to resent, right? The G and the wing are two symbols tied strongly to the site, so by wearing them we would be supporting the site we love, not the suffocating cash pushes that we keep seeing. They're in a good price range (G is expensive, hence the option of wing) and they're simple enough to wear with almost anything.  

Apollos Liar

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 am
I think if we all wear the peasant gloves at all times it could work. The gloves are one of the most basic items on Gaia, they represent everything we stand for in that...they also go with many things so people wouldn't be limited in their avi making.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:03 am
xx I met my fate xx
I think if we all wear the peasant gloves at all times it could work. The gloves are one of the most basic items on Gaia, they represent everything we stand for in that...they also go with many things so people wouldn't be limited in their avi making.

I like that, but the peasant gloves aren't very noticeable. And with arm-mods they or long sleeves they wouldn't even be visible.

Apollos Liar

I like the pin idea. They're not very intrusive.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Zillee

Shy Cat

15,925 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:13 am
I like the idea of wearing something. I've got my Panagrammic doll, which is my way of protesting. He was someone who truly cared about our community and was laid off. The new management seems to care only about profit.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:58 pm
I like the idea of wearing certain items or avatars. I believe wearing more than one item would get the message across faster; there are people out there who already wear "peasant gloves" or other single items, and you want to stand out, at least a little bit.

I like the image of the full peasant outfit with a sash. It's a design that stands out, since it's not a common pairing, and it could still leave room to equip a few more items, such as hats/ wigs/ pets/ etc. Is there a really cheap sash people can afford? Maybe one with a year printed on it, representing the year you joined Gaia and remember fondly.

I have to say that I'm opposed to restricting gold shop items from the Marketplace. I understand that it may help with inflation. If reducing inflation was the sole concern about how to operate the MP, I might have sided with it, but I believe it also restricts freedom of the users. I like selling items between half-price and full-price at the MP. It gives other users a chance to get their desired GS items at a bargain, just like at a discount store or thrift store. I've also seen people (and I've done this as well) sell below half-price, giving the buyer an even better deal.

I see nothing wrong with gold going back into circulation; I think there can be better ways to help reduce inflation. I believe the strongest force we are battling here is Gaia Cash, not circulation from the gold shops.

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:13 pm
I guess the sash idea won't work so well... I don't have mine any more and they're a bit pricey nowadays. *Sigh.*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:45 pm
Going with the Pin idea mentioned above...how about the Site Feeback badge? It's 250 in the Mp so everyone can afford it and it's kind of another symbol of what we're about, constructive feedback to the site.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 pm
Apollos Liar
What better items than the G Pin or Wing Pin? We're essentially saying that the amount of cash being pushed distracts from the community and changes the site we love into something we're starting to resent, right? The G and the wing are two symbols tied strongly to the site, so by wearing them we would be supporting the site we love, not the suffocating cash pushes that we keep seeing. They're in a good price range (G is expensive, hence the option of wing) and they're simple enough to wear with almost anything.

Along this line, what about the Gaia anniversary scarf? It was free if you were on Gaia for the 9th anniversary but if you have to buy it in the MP, its 2-3k. It has the G and the wing symbols on it, plus it's good-looking & quite noticeable when you're wearing it (which I am right now! smile ) Plus, it has the black option, if folks would rather use that one. Just a thought.....  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff