Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Divination II (Lesson 1 ~ 2038) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:23 pm
User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx Daily Dragon Photographer and Reporter
xxxxxxx_____________________________________

I got a bad boy, I must admit it hey
You got my heart, don’t know how you did it hey
And I don’t care who sees it babe
I don’t wanna hide the way I feel when you're next to me
hey
I love the way I love the way you make me feel
I love the way I love it
Baby, I love the way I love the way you make me feel
Ooh, I love the way I love it
The way I love you

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Bradley arrived in the Divination Classroom, a bit out of breath, He had rushed all the way from the Wandlore Classroom. He had dashed up the stairs and up to the top of the tower. Climbing up the ladder into the classroom he smiled seeing that the Professor was not yet there. "Made it." he said as he took a seat. Wonder how long until the Professor arrives? he thought as he gazed on the board. Dream Divination? he thought curiously looking it over.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:11 am
User Image
Drusilla is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Enchanting at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Studentsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Dazedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'You've got a class to teach, ducky, now don't you...?' spacespac
'Two halves are equal, a cross between two evils.
It's not an enviable lot.'

═════════════════════════════════

Drusilla entered the classroom in a daze. She was quite late, she was certain of it. Where did the time go? She'd been so caught up in her cards and runes that she'd completely lost track of it... or perhaps she'd simply stared off into space for a couple of hours. Both were equally possible, after all. She smiled at the young man present, and frowned. There was supposed to be more, weren't there? ... She blinked, then offered another smile. She really was out of it today, wasn't she? "Hello, ducky dear, and welcome to Divination one. I am Professor Somerset. Now then, in this class, you will need to have an open mind, open eyes, and patience. Divination is a powerful art, but difficult. Also, there will be no disrespecting of my craft, or of the abilities of fellow students... now then! With that unpleasantness out of the way, we can begin." She paused, giving the young man a moment to absorb her words before beginning the official lecture. "Divining the future through Dreams is one of the oldest arts known to man, both of the Magical and Muggle variety. It is also one of the most difficult to master, for each person has their own rhyme and reason to their dreams. It is one of the reasons why, particularly among Muggle fortune tellers, understanding and interpreting the signals in the dreams of another can prove difficult. Symbols, aside from a few, ancient, archaic ones which resonate with almost all people, may mean different things from different people. A Slytherin, for instance, might dream of a snake, a symbol of ambition or power or confidence. However, that same snake in the dreams of say, a Christian Muggle, might represent greed, corruption, or danger. Because of these differences in the way we view the world, and the things that might appear to us in our dreams, it is really only an individual who can make a real prediction of what their dream might be telling them." She stopped then, curious. She had, of course, seen this play out, but in different ways each time... how would it happen then?

The Seer's eyes glazed, and she shifted a bit, her head tilting in an odd manner, rather like a bird's, her eyes unblinking and unseeing. After a moment, she gave her head a light shake, and smiled again.
                                                          "Where was I? Oh, yes. Dreams. Well, then. Let's talk about dreams, why don't we? Tell me, What are some common symbols in dreams, and what might those symbols represent? What is an example of a symbol that might mean something vastly different to different groups of people?" She waited patiently, eager for his answer. It would tell her much about him... but didn't she already know? Sometimes she forgot...

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But if you listen, you learn to hear the difference
                                                          Between the haves and the have-nots.''

User Image

(( OOC: ))

XxXDevil-Chan
Ruka Thereisa

Sir Spazalots
Bradley Goldwind

Miss GryffindorK
Lyre Lutrix

Heather030595
Annabeth Fletcher

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:40 pm
Lesson One: Dream Divination

User Image

The Definition of Dream Divination:
              • Dream Divination, or Oneiromancy in proper terminology (from the Greek Oneiros, who were the gods of dreams), is a form of divination based upon dreams; it is a system of dream interpretation that uses dreams to predict the future.

Interpreting Dreams:
              • This form of Divination is simultaneously one of the most welcoming and most difficult forms of divining. Its requirements are simple, but can be difficult to attain. Namely, in order to use Oneiromancy, one must remember something of their dreams.
              • The entirety of a dream is irrelvent; what is generally the most important is something that stands out. This can be anything from an object (I wasn't wearing any pants!) to a theme (I was lost!) to an emotion (I felt afraid!). The more specific the detail is, the more easily the sign can be read, and the more detailed a reading can be.
              • Details like emotions are hard to place and generally require another detail to throw the meaning into the light.
              • Details like themes can be very telling, but are very much open to interpretation.
              • Details like objects are usually tied to some sort of symbolism; how they are presented, or not presented in the example of the missing pants, is more important than the object itself.
              • People are a very interesting thing to note in dreams; their presence can mean many things. Just because a person is in your dream doesn't mean that they'll be present when the events being foretold take place, which is the general belief. Rather, it can mean that you would want them there, or that they represent something you will need. The presence of a brave friend can be because you'll need your courage; a wise friend could mean you'll need wisdom.

Dream Journals:
              • One of the simplest ways to study this form of Divination is to keep a Dream Journal.
              • Each day (or night), as soon as you wake up, immediately write down everything you remember from any dreams you had. It's important to not waste time; the longer you take to get to this, the more you'll forget.
              • At the end of each week, read through your notes and see if there were any trends. Repeated symbols, a similar theme or emotion underlying a majority of the dreams, the presence of a single figure; all of these can be signs that your dreams are trying to tell you of something to come.
              • Isolate the trends that are most prevalent or seem most important. Then, find a book on Dream Symbols. Look through it for the symbols you've noted. Write out the information for each of the symbols you isolated.
              • The likelihood of a black and white explanation of what's to come is unlikely; rather, you'll probably end up with some sort of vague idea of something that will happen. It might be broad and very open to interpretation, so don't discredit it. Watch what happens in the weeks to come and see if anything matches up. If it does, make a note of that; it might help you to more effectively interpret your next set of dreams.

Homework: Keep a dream journal for one week and attempt to interpret the symbols you find

OOC:

If you are quoted, your student is registered for this lesson. If he or she does not attend at least one class, his/her house will be docked ten points at the end of the term. This is waived if you are listed as absent.

shabatha
Rowan Elliott

Xistund
Hunter Murphy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:42 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY // Looking Distracted at Locationspace
CURRENTLY FEELING // Distractedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So many little duckies, so so many...' spacespac

☩ ☩ ☩ But what is this, that I cant see?
With ice cold hands taking hold of me...
☩ ☩ ☩
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDrusilla entered the classroom in a daze. She was quite late, she was certain of it. Where did the time go? She'd been so caught up in her cards and runes that she'd completely lost track of it... or perhaps she'd simply stared off into space for a couple of hours. Both were equally possible, after all... except that when she arrived in the classroom and checked the clock, she was actually on time. She frowned; the clock in her office must be wrong, then. She'd have to fix it... if she remembered. Which she probably wouldn't, of course. She blinked a moment, then smiled at her students, her arms sweeping open in a grand gesture. "Hello, my little ducks, and welcome to Divination. I am Professor Somerset. Now then, in this class, you will need to have an open mind, open eyes, and patience. Divination is a powerful art, but difficult. Also, there will be no disrespecting of my craft, or of the abilities of fellow students... now then! With that unpleasantness out of the way, we can begin."

spaceShe paused long enough to let the students absorb her words, and long enough to get just a tad distracted... what was she looking at, though? She scowled for a moment, shoved the visions away, and smiled widely again at her students before launching into the lecture. "Divining the future through Dreams is one of the oldest arts known to man, both of the Magical and Muggle variety. It is also one of the most difficult to master, for each person has their own rhyme and reason to their dreams. It is one of the reasons why, particularly among Muggle fortune tellers, understanding and interpreting the signals in the dreams of another can prove difficult. Symbols, aside from a few, ancient, archaic ones which resonate with almost all people, may mean different things from different people. A Slytherin, for instance, might dream of a snake, a symbol of ambition or power or confidence. However, that same snake in the dreams of say, a Christian Muggle, might represent greed, corruption, or danger. Because of these differences in the way we view the world, and the things that might appear to us in our dreams, it is really only an individual who can make a real prediction of what their dream might be telling them." She stopped then, curious. She had, of course, seen this play out, but in different ways each time... how would it happen then?

spaceThe Seer's eyes glazed, and she shifted a bit, her head tilting in an odd manner, rather like a bird's, her eyes unblinking and unseeing. After a moment, she gave her head a light shake, and smiled again. "Where was I? Oh, yes. Dreams. Well, then. Let's talk about dreams, why don't we? Tell me, What are some common symbols in dreams, and what might those symbols represent? What is an example of a symbol that might mean something vastly different to different groups of people?" She waited patiently, eager to hear what her students had to say. It would tell her much about them... but didn't she already know? Sometimes she forgot...

☩ ☩ ☩ When God is gone and the Devil takes hold,
                                                          Who will have mercy on your soul?
                                                          ☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:28 pm
Lesson Two: Crystal Gazing

User Image

The Definition of Crystal Gazing:
              • Crystal-gazing (also known as crystal-seeing, crystallism, crystallomancy, gastromancy, and spheromancy) is a form of divination or scrying achieved through trance induction by means of gazing at a crystal.

Methods and Materials:
              • The term crystal gazing denotes several different forms of a variety of objects, and there are several schools of thought as to the sources of the visions seen in the crystal gazing trance. Crystal gazing may be used by practitioners—sometimes called "readers" or "seers"—for a variety of purposes, including to predict distant or future events, to give character analyses, to tell fortunes, or to help a client make choices about current situations and problems.
              • With respect to the tool or object used to induce the crystal-gazer's trance, this can be achieved with any shiny object, including a crystalline gem stone or a convex mirror— but in common practice, a crystal ball is most often used. The size of ball preferred varies greatly among those who practice crystallomancy. Some gazers use a "palm ball" of a few inches in diameter that is held in the hand; others prefer a larger ball mounted on a stand. The stereotypical image of a gypsy woman wearing a headscarf and telling fortunes for her clients by means of a very large crystal ball is widely depicted in the media and can be found in hundreds of popular books, advertising pages, and films of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries. The pervasiveness of this image may have led to the increased use of fairly large crystal balls by those who can afford them.
              • Books of instruction in the art of crystal gazing often suggest that the ball used should be perfectly spherical (that is, without a flat bottom) and should be supported in a wooden or metal stand. If made of glass (e.g. lead crystal), it should be free from air bubbles but may be colored. If carved from natural crystalline stone (such as quartz, beryl, calcite, obsidian, or amethyst), it may display the natural coloring and structure of the mineral from which it was fashioned. Some authors advise students to place a sigil, seal, or talismanic emblem beneath a clear sphere, but most do not. Most authors suggest that the work of crystal gazing should be undertaken in a dimly-lit and quiet room, so as to foster visions and more easily allow the onset of a trance state.
              • Some practitioners claim that crystal gazing engenders visionary experiences and preternatural and/or supernatural insight, while others think that the visions arise from the subconscious mind of the crystal gazer. Some authors accept both positions as not mutually incompatible.

Interpreting Images presented by the Crystal:
              • Many of the methods of interpretation can be taken from what was learned when we studied Dream Divination.
              • It is important to note that, for all but the most experienced or attuned Seers, what is seen in the crystal is seldom meant to be taken literally.
              • If one is properly attuned to the forces and to their own Sight, they may see a pure, unobstructed vision or what is to come.
              • However, most will only see symbols.
              • Details like emotions are hard to place and generally require another detail to throw the meaning into the light.
              • Details like themes can be very telling, but are very much open to interpretation.
              • Details like objects are usually tied to some sort of symbolism; how they are presented, or not presented in the example of the missing pants, is more important than the object itself.
              • People are a very interesting thing to note; their presence can mean many things. Just because a person is in your dream doesn't mean that they'll be present when the events being foretold take place, which is the general belief. Rather, it can mean that you would want them there, or that they represent something you will need. The presence of a brave friend can be because you'll need your courage; a wise friend could mean you'll need wisdom.

Homework: Borrow a Crystal Ball from your professor and spend some time scrying and attempting to interpret whatever images you might see.

OOC:

If you are quoted, your student is registered for this lesson. If he or she does not attend at least one class, your house will be docked ten points at the end of the term. This is waived if you are listed as absent.

shabatha
Rowan Elliott
Present 0

Xistund
Hunter Murphy
Present 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY // Looking Distracted in her Classroomspace
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Now, to see if anyone Sees...' spacespac

☩ ☩ ☩

spaceDrusilla had placed Crystal Balls out on the four tables at the front of the class, ready for the lesson at hand. She couldn't help but wonder if any of the students taking this lesson had the aptitude to See anything in their swirling depths. She waited for the students to arrive, and then smiled, her arms opening in a welcoming gesture. This lesson was a true test, not just to whether or not a student could See, but also if they took the lesson seriously. "Hello, students! I'd like you all to read the notes on the board, and preferably write them down as well. Then, I will guide you through a meditative exercise to clear your mind, after which you will each gaze into the Crystal Ball on your desk and take note of what you see, if anything." She sat on her desk, crossing her legs in a relaxed seated position, and waited patiently. When the quills had stopped and the eyes were on her, she smiled.

"Alright, now, I'd like you all to sit in your seat like so, or on the floor, if you like. Take a deep breathe through your nose, filling your lungs until you can take in no more air, and then slowly release the air through your mouth. Do this again, and again, relaxing your mind and body. Clear your mind of any images, any thoughts. Calm yourself, center your being. When you feel you are relaxed, a blank slate, open your eyes, gaze into the Ball, and See." She watched carefully, eyeing their expressions. Waiting to see if anyone would truly See anything.

☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:08 pm
Lesson 1: Dream Divination

User Image

The Definition of Dream Divination:
              • Dream Divination, or Oneiromancy in proper terminology (from the Greek Oneiros, who were the gods of dreams), is a form of divination based upon dreams; it is a system of dream interpretation that uses dreams to predict the future.

Interpreting Dreams:
              • This form of Divination is simultaneously one of the most welcoming and most difficult forms of divining. Its requirements are simple, but can be difficult to attain. Namely, in order to use Oneiromancy, one must remember something of their dreams.
              • The entirety of a dream is irrelvent; what is generally the most important is something that stands out. This can be anything from an object (I wasn't wearing any pants!) to a theme (I was lost!) to an emotion (I felt afraid!). The more specific the detail is, the more easily the sign can be read, and the more detailed a reading can be.
              • People are a very interesting thing to note in dreams; their presence can mean many things. Just because a person is in your dream doesn't mean that they'll be present when the events being foretold take place, which is the general belief. Rather, it can mean that you would want them there, or that they represent something you will need. The presence of a brave friend can be because you'll need your courage; a wise friend could mean you'll need wisdom.

Dream Journals:
              • One of the simplest ways to study this form of Divination is to keep a Dream Journal.
              • Each day (or night), as soon as you wake up, immediately write down everything you remember from any dreams you had. It's important to not waste time; the longer you take to get to this, the more you'll forget.
              • At the end of each week, read through your notes and see if there were any trends. Repeated symbols, a similar theme or emotion underlying a majority of the dreams, the presence of a single figure; all of these can be signs that your dreams are trying to tell you of something to come.
              • Isolate the trends that are most prevalent or seem most important. Then, find a book on Dream Symbols. Look through it for the symbols you've noted. Write out the information for each of the symbols you isolated.
              • The likelihood of a black and white explanation of what's to come is unlikely; rather, you'll probably end up with some sort of vague idea of something that will happen. It might be broad and very open to interpretation, so don't discredit it. Watch what happens in the weeks to come and see if anything matches up. If it does, make a note of that; it might help you to more effectively interpret your next set of dreams.

Homework: Keep a dream journal for one week and attempt to interpret the symbols you find.

OOC:

If you are quoted, your student is registered for this lesson. If he or she does not attend at least one class, his/her house will be docked ten points at the end of the term. This is waived if you are listed as absent.

The Forgotten Weasley
Jessamine Walsh
Present: 0/4
Absent: 4/4
Tobias Walsh

Rawwry
Darren Engles
Bristain Catlin

Sir Spazalots
Jarlath Lowery

shabatha
Raphael Snow

Squeeky Luff
Victor Beausoleil

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:09 pm
User Image
𝔻𝕣𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕒 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Distracted in the Divination Classroomspaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Distractedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So many little duckies, so so many...' spacespac

☩ ☩ ☩

spaceDrusilla entered the classroom in a daze. She was quite late, she was certain of it. Where did the time go? She'd been so caught up in her cards and runes that she'd completely lost track of it... or perhaps she'd simply stared off into space for a couple of hours. Both were equally possible, after all... except that when she arrived in the classroom and checked the clock, she was actually on time. She frowned; the clock in her office must be wrong, then. She'd have to fix it... if she remembered. Which she probably wouldn't, of course. She blinked a moment, then smiled at her students, her arms sweeping open in a grand gesture. "Hello, my little ducks, and welcome to Divination. I am Professor Somerset. Now then, in this class, you will need to have an open mind, open eyes, and patience. Divination is a powerful art, but difficult. Also, there will be no disrespecting of my craft, or of the abilities of fellow students... now then! With that unpleasantness out of the way, we can begin."

spaceShe paused long enough to let the students absorb her words, and long enough to get just a tad distracted... what was she looking at, though? She scowled for a moment, shoved the visions away, and smiled widely again at her students before launching into the lecture. "Divining the future through Dreams is one of the oldest arts known to man, both of the Magical and Muggle variety. It is also one of the most difficult to master, for each person has their own rhyme and reason to their dreams. It is one of the reasons why, particularly among Muggle fortune tellers, understanding and interpreting the signals in the dreams of another can prove difficult. Symbols, aside from a few, ancient, archaic ones which resonate with almost all people, may mean different things from different people. A Slytherin, for instance, might dream of a snake, a symbol of ambition or power or confidence. However, that same snake in the dreams of say, a Christian Muggle, might represent greed, corruption, or danger. Because of these differences in the way we view the world, and the things that might appear to us in our dreams, it is really only an individual who can make a real prediction of what their dream might be telling them." She stopped then, curious. She had, of course, seen this play out, but in different ways each time... how would it happen then?

spaceThe Seer's eyes glazed, and she shifted a bit, her head tilting in an odd manner, rather like a bird's, her eyes unblinking and unseeing. After a moment, she gave her head a light shake, and smiled again. "Where was I? Oh, yes. Dreams. Well, then. Let's talk about dreams, why don't we? Tell me, What are some common symbols in dreams, and what might those symbols represent? What is an example of a symbol that might mean something vastly different to different groups of people?" She waited patiently, eager to hear what her students had to say. It would tell her much about them... but didn't she already know? Sometimes she forgot...

☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:46 pm
User Image

User Image
"Let my healing melody,
ease your heart.
Let my kind voice,
ease your pain.

Victor smiled, completely at ease as soon as he entered the room for Divination class. The professor was so unique...in a good way, and on top of that she was a true seer. Victor hoped he could become like that, since he wanted to become a mediwizard...imagine the lives he could save by seeing their future and preventing injuries.
Though fate probably didn't work like that, whatever you saw...happens. That thought made Victor's gentle smile fade, as it was replace with a worried frown.

Taking a seat on a cushion near the front of the classroom, Victor put the smile back on his face as he listened to the professor speak.

Dream divining then? Hmm....He wondered if it could be related to the state known as lucid dreaming. If so...his thoughts trailed off as the professor slipped into a trance. She was seeing a vision then, correct? He wondered what it was like. Was it painful? When Professor Somerset continued and asked them a question, Victor raised his hand politely, "I would say a hooded figure is a symbol I hear about...and see often." He then thought for a moment, "Some could see ze shrouded figure as a symbol of peril or death, someone could see it as a mystery unfolding or needing to be looked into." He finished with a small smile.

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I love this class..."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud fourth year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:18 pm
User Image
𝔾𝕪𝕡𝕤𝕪 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // fancying Daniel Kiremonospace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable in Divinationspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Intriguedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This class is always cool...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ The phone rings in the middle of the night;
My father yells, 'what you gonna do with your life?'
ஒ ஒ ஒ

spaceGypsy slid into a seat next to Victor, offering the Hufflepuff a small grin. She noticed that his hair was mostly back to normal, with just a couple of streaks of pink in the front, like bangs. Such a shame... it'd looked so cool pink. But, then, now she was back to being a bit more unique, so there was that, too. She took out her things and took careful notes on the lesson, grinning excitedly. Professor Somerset was very, very strange... and that made Gypsy very, very fond of her. Plus, the lesson in general was pretty weird, and interesting, so she of course loved it. The Ravenclaw paused thoughtfully as the professor posed her question at the end of the lecture, nodding a bit with what Victor said. That made sense... but what else could be a symbol? She leaned her chin on her fist, trying to think of something. "Well, a lot of Westerners, particularly Christians, believe a pure white dove to be a symbol of peace. But, in some Asian countries, like China, the color white is a symbol of death, so it might be a death omen to them, like a raven or crow would be to a Westerner." Honestly, Gypsy had no idea if that made any sense or was based on any sort of fact, she was just hazarding a guess based on what she knew of Christianity and Eastern cultures. Which, she knew a fair bit about the former. The latter, on the other hand, she wasn't as well-versed with. She would like to know more about it, but the only way to learn it would be to read, and she had better things to do, quite frankly.

ஒ ஒ ஒ Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
                                                          But girls, they want to have fun. Oh, girls just want to have fun!
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:04 pm
To the left, to the right
I can feel it all around
Out to get you and I
Out to try and break us down
They will come with the strength and the fire
And a numb beat of drums
And the song of the sirens in our ears
That will bring 'em all to tears, dear

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Fourth Year - Twin -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: ...] [with: Fourth Years] [at: Divination]

Toby took a seat next to Gypsy, giving the Ravenclaw a small grin. Victor was there, too, except his hair was mostly back to his normal color. The professor was still a weirdo, but he was okay with that, though the half the stuff that came out of her still confused the hell out of him. Like the "little ducks" thingy. How did they resemble ducks, exactly? No one in here had feathers or waddled. He raised his hand awkwardly. "Ah... water? Lots of people dream about water, I guess, like drowning or swimming or whatever? Like, people who live somewhere where water is a huge part of their lives, say by the sea or on a river, I guess it would be sort of... mundane and commonplace in their dreams, and maybe very serene and comforting. But for people who don't really deal with a lot of water in their lives, it would be something out of the ordinary, and I guess a stormy sea could symbolize turbulence or something." He wondered if his answer made any sense.

I want to be the kind of person that people will write songs about.

Yes, I will fight for you
You and me against the world is nothing new
Now and forever true
If you'll be mine then I will fight for you
So we stand back to back
And we smile as they come
'Cause they plan for attack
Knowing we've already won

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:09 pm
She sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style.
And they all got the same heartbeat, but hers is falling behind.
Nothing in this world could ever bring them down.
Yeah, they're invincible, and she's just in the background.
And she says, "I wish that I could be like the cool kids.
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids."
She sees them talking with a big smile, but they haven't got a clue

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Fourth Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: eager} {thinking: ugh, I'm glad I never dream about school...} {with: Fourth Years} {at: Divination

Jess sat on the other side of Gypsy, as usual, completely intrigued by the professor and this class. She wasn't terribly good at it, but it was great fun. Her hand shot up and she waved it eagerly. "Ooh! School! Both adults and kids dream about being in school, right? So for students it would be more like reality entering their dreams, maybe if they're worried about a test they have to take or something, and for adults it'd be like a blast from the past, meant to remind them of something that happened a long time ago."

Friendship is my weapon of choice.

Yeah, they're living the good life, can't see what she is going through.
They're driving fast cars, but they don't know where they're going.
In the fast lane, living life without knowing.
And she says, "I wish that I could be like the cool kids,
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids,
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to get it.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:46 pm
Lesson 1: Dream Divination

User Image

Lesson Closed

OOC:

Homework: Keep a dream journal for one week and attempt to interpret the symbols you find.

Homework for Lesson 1 should be turned into Professor Somerset's Office before the end of Lesson 2.

20 total House Points awarded to Victor Beausoleil and Jessamine Walsh of Hufflepuff House.

10 total House Points awarded to Gypsy Lovette of Ravenclaw House.

10 total House Points awarded to Tobias Walsh of Gryffindor House.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:47 pm
Lesson 2: Crystal Gazing

User Image

The Definition of Crystal Gazing:
              • Crystal-gazing (also known as crystal-seeing, crystallism, crystallomancy, gastromancy, and spheromancy) is a form of divination or scrying achieved through trance induction by means of gazing at a crystal.

Methods and Materials:
              • The term crystal gazing denotes several different forms of a variety of objects, and there are several schools of thought as to the sources of the visions seen in the crystal gazing trance. Crystal gazing may be used by practitioners—sometimes called "readers" or "seers"—for a variety of purposes, including to predict distant or future events, to give character analyses, to tell fortunes, or to help a client make choices about current situations and problems.
              • With respect to the tool or object used to induce the crystal-gazer's trance, this can be achieved with any shiny object, including a crystalline gem stone or a convex mirror— but in common practice, a crystal ball is most often used. The size of ball preferred varies greatly among those who practice crystallomancy. Some gazers use a "palm ball" of a few inches in diameter that is held in the hand; others prefer a larger ball mounted on a stand. The stereotypical image of a gypsy woman wearing a headscarf and telling fortunes for her clients by means of a very large crystal ball is widely depicted in the media and can be found in hundreds of popular books, advertising pages, and films of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries. The pervasiveness of this image may have led to the increased use of fairly large crystal balls by those who can afford them.
              • Books of instruction in the art of crystal gazing often suggest that the ball used should be perfectly spherical (that is, without a flat bottom) and should be supported in a wooden or metal stand. If made of glass (e.g. lead crystal), it should be free from air bubbles but may be colored. If carved from natural crystalline stone (such as quartz, beryl, calcite, obsidian, or amethyst), it may display the natural coloring and structure of the mineral from which it was fashioned. Some authors advise students to place a sigil, seal, or talismanic emblem beneath a clear sphere, but most do not. Most authors suggest that the work of crystal gazing should be undertaken in a dimly-lit and quiet room, so as to foster visions and more easily allow the onset of a trance state.
              • Some practitioners claim that crystal gazing engenders visionary experiences and preternatural and/or supernatural insight, while others think that the visions arise from the subconscious mind of the crystal gazer. Some authors accept both positions as not mutually incompatible.

Interpreting Images presented by the Crystal:
              • Many of the methods of interpretation can be taken from what was learned when we studied Dream Divination.
              • It is important to note that, for all but the most experienced or attuned Seers, what is seen in the crystal is seldom meant to be taken literally.
              • If one is properly attuned to the forces and to their own Sight, they may see a pure, unobstructed vision or what is to come.
              • However, most will only see symbols.
              • People are a very interesting thing to note; their presence can mean many things. Just because a person is in your dream doesn't mean that they'll be present when the events being foretold take place, which is the general belief. Rather, it can mean that you would want them there, or that they represent something you will need. The presence of a brave friend can be because you'll need your courage; a wise friend could mean you'll need wisdom.

Homework: Borrow a Crystal Ball from your professor and spend some time scrying and attempting to interpret whatever images you might see.

OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley
Jessamine Walsh
Present: 1/4
Absent: 3/4
Tobias Walsh

Rawwry
Darren Engles
Bristain Catlin

Sir Spazalots
Jarlath Lowery

shabatha
Raphael Snow

Squeeky Luff
Victor Beausoleil

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:49 pm
User Image
𝔻𝕣𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕒 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Distracted in the Divination Classroomspaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Now, to see if anyone Sees...' spacespac

☩ ☩ ☩

spaceDrusilla had placed Crystal Balls out on the four tables at the front of the class, ready for the lesson at hand. She couldn't help but wonder if any of the students taking this lesson had the aptitude to See anything in their swirling depths. She waited for the students to arrive, and then smiled, her arms opening in a welcoming gesture. This lesson was a true test, not just to whether or not a student could See, but also if they took the lesson seriously. "Hello, students! I'd like you all to read the notes on the board, and preferably write them down as well. Then, I will guide you through a meditative exercise to clear your mind, after which you will each gaze into the Crystal Ball on your desk and take note of what you see, if anything." She sat on her desk, crossing her legs in a relaxed seated position, and waited patiently. When the quills had stopped and the eyes were on her, she smiled.

"Alright, now, I'd like you all to sit in your seat like so, or on the floor, if you like. Take a deep breathe through your nose, filling your lungs until you can take in no more air, and then slowly release the air through your mouth. Do this again, and again, relaxing your mind and body. Clear your mind of any images, any thoughts. Calm yourself, center your being. When you feel you are relaxed, a blank slate, open your eyes, gaze into the Ball, and See." She watched carefully, eyeing their expressions. Waiting to see if anyone would truly See anything.

☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff