Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Astronomy Summer Term [FINAL is UP] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astronomy Class outdoors !?
  Sounds about right...
  Awww, I wanted class in the Tower !
View Results

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 pm
Username: Mothette x
RP Name: Crystal Quills
Year: second year
House: Slytherin
Class: astronomy...uh...2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:57 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hailey Redgrave, first year Ravenclaw at Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

ApostleOfTheWind13
Hailey Redgrave
First Year
Ravenclaw
Astronomy One

Hazel, 10 3/4"
Firm with Phoenix feather core

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

vwinter1114

Friendly Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:07 pm
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

Username: vwinter1114
RP Name: Valerie Winters
Year: First Year
House: Ravenclaw
Class: Level 1

Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:33 pm
Username: evil-rainbow cat
RP Name: Kori
Year: 1st Year!
House: Gryffindor
Class: Astronomy One

Cotton Kitten

Invisible Star

8,450 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:30 am
Lesson one is up, but for those who would still like to sign up sign ups will still be available

Also points have been awarded for signing up 5 points each person 10 ex points, for the first person that signed up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Classwork
The thing that interest me about space is the lack of knowledge we have ,sure we know somethings but that's just about our universe and what we do know is just theories. Next to ocean space is one of the least explored places since its so expensive to actually travel out there. So just the little bit of knowledge we do have is so important ,like some of the picture we get from this satellite that's traveling in space ,are things we haven't even seen, and its take so long just to get the pixels from it.So that's what mainly fascinates me ,its just so unknown.

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

vwinter1114

Friendly Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:23 pm
If you've a ready mind,

Valerie Winters
Ravenclaw
Astronomy One

Lesson One Classwork
Outer space fascinates me in its vastness and of everything out there that we have yet to see. I would love to learn about what it out there for us to find. Are we the only intelligent beings in the universe or are there other beings out there? Currently technology is working on becoming advanced enough to explore further and further out into space. I would love to see what is out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:52 pm
Kenzie
Hufflepuff
Astronomy 1 CW 1

What fascinates you about space ? and what would you like to get out of this class ?

Space is very beautiful and expansive, when you stop to think about how expansive the universe is you begin to wonder about how everything came to be. It just amazes me the questions that the universe brings up, and how some thing can be so beautiful and yet we understand so little about it.

I hope that I can learn more about the universe and the beauty of the sky. So I can just sit in the grass and point up at the sky and be able to identify more constellations than just Orion's Belt.

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 pm
vwinter1114
If you've a ready mind,

Valerie Winters
Ravenclaw
Astronomy One

Lesson One Classwork
Outer space fascinates me in its vastness and of everything out there that we have yet to see. I would love to learn about what it out there for us to find. Are we the only intelligent beings in the universe or are there other beings out there? Currently technology is working on becoming advanced enough to explore further and further out into space. I would love to see what is out there.

Same Goes for me ,The idea of other life out there is freaking amazing  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:33 am
TheBlackCheshireCatsLover
vwinter1114

Eh. I'm a bit iffy on the thought of other life. I mean we couldn't explore half the world with out killing majority of the natives, and we definitely do not have peace here, what makes us think we can peacefully comunicate with other worlds too?  

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

vwinter1114

Friendly Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:39 am
If you've a ready mind,

That is a good point. Humans as a whole are not really their best when they meet the unknown. But it would still be fun to know. The fact that space is so big means that there is a pretty good chance of other life out there.

I would also love to know more about the constellations as well, and knowing how to find them. I've never had much luck recognizing them in the night sky.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:20 pm
vwinter1114
If you've a ready mind,

That is a good point. Humans as a whole are not really their best when they meet the unknown. But it would still be fun to know. The fact that space is so big means that there is a pretty good chance of other life out there.

I would also love to know more about the constellations as well, and knowing how to find them. I've never had much luck recognizing them in the night sky.

Yeah just knowing would be fun. The only one I can point out is Orion's belt, but I got that one down! Though it's probably the easiest to find... I can't even figure out the big or little dipper...  

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:03 pm
Mothette x

Hello my dear your new lesson has been updated, quoting you in case you haven't seen it yet. smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:26 pm
Tohru_luvs_catz
vwinter1114
If you've a ready mind,

Yeah just knowing would be fun. The only one I can point out is Orion's belt, but I got that one down! Though it's probably the easiest to find... I can't even figure out the big or little dipper...

I can understand what you mean kenzie ,its very unnerving thinking about it. Vals why dont you find a star map chart and print it ,its can be very helpful that's how i learned with some of the constellations  

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hailey Redgrave, first year Ravenclaw at Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Hailey Redgrave
First Year Ravenclaw
Astronomy One Classwork

The planets (especially the "gas giant" Saturn) have always been a big interest for me. Not to mention the amazing phenomena of how a star dies and is born. That's a very interesting event.

As for what I would like to gain from this class well....I would really like to gain a much better understanding of the constellations. That is, I would like to WHERE in the sky they are and which ones I would need a telescope for and which ones I won't.

Hazel, 10 3/4"
Firm with Phoenix feather core

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas