Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Blood Magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will/do you use blood in ritual?
  Yes
  No
  I haven't, but would if I needed to.
  Never. I don't think it's right ever.
  *Dracula accent* One, two, three! Three victims! Mua ha ha!
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:27 pm
BlueRoseTorn
Neko_Bast
I have never used blood in any of my spells/rituals. I just havn't found a need for it yet I guess. I think the only problem I would have is that I don't think I could cut myself for it, and I don't hunt. If I really needed it I would find a way though, probably use menstral.

TeaDidikai

I'm not a fan of the substitution of menstral blood for real blood as some women do.

What is wrong with it? I mean its still blood, still the stuff of life. If you didn't have your period that blood would be creating life would it not?

Not to speak for Tea, but from what I got out of her post: I think she meant that menstrual blood isn't really a sacrifice. It takes no effort on one's part to cause the blood to flow--all one has to do is collect it.
That's one major issue. The other would be endometrial lining != Blood.

Lesson for today kiddies: Just because it's red, doesn't mean it is the plasma, platelets and cells that make up the blood within your veins.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:01 pm
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn
Neko_Bast
I have never used blood in any of my spells/rituals. I just havn't found a need for it yet I guess. I think the only problem I would have is that I don't think I could cut myself for it, and I don't hunt. If I really needed it I would find a way though, probably use menstral.

TeaDidikai

I'm not a fan of the substitution of menstral blood for real blood as some women do.

What is wrong with it? I mean its still blood, still the stuff of life. If you didn't have your period that blood would be creating life would it not?

Not to speak for Tea, but from what I got out of her post: I think she meant that menstrual blood isn't really a sacrifice. It takes no effort on one's part to cause the blood to flow--all one has to do is collect it.

Lesson for today kiddies: Just because it's red, doesn't mean it is the plasma, platelets and cells that make up the blood within your veins.

I tryed to find info on what was in menstrual blood but i couldn't.....all I could find is that there is blood in it, but also other stuff too. So I can see your point. I guess if the spell/ritual dosn't call specificly for mensrual blood then don't use it as it has stuff in it that might ruin your spell/ritual.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:49 am
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn
Neko_Bast

TeaDidikai

Bah, you have to go and get all technical on me.

I actually forgot all about that. sweatdrop The phisiological happenings of the reproductive organs aren't my strong points--I'm more of a nervous system girl. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:14 am
BlueRoseTorn
Bah, you have to go and get all technical on me.

I actually forgot all about that. sweatdrop The phisiological happenings of the reproductive organs aren't my strong points--I'm more of a nervous system girl. whee
I'm also just damn picky. Menstrual blood is at the heart of many traditional taboos for me.  

TeaDidikai

tanwyn_llewellyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:35 pm
I have used blood in the past, particularly in worship to my specific diety. Always my own blood, and I've never had trouble getting blood flow.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:25 pm
tanwyn_llewellyn
I have used blood in the past, particularly in worship to my specific diety. Always my own blood, and I've never had trouble getting blood flow.
Those diabetic prickers are a pretty good way to go- especially if quanity isn't an issue- even more so if you are getting over a cutting habit.  

TeaDidikai

Jade_elf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:51 am
Neko_Bast
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn
Neko_Bast

TeaDidikai

I tryed to find info on what was in menstrual blood but i couldn't.....all I could find is that there is blood in it, but also other stuff too. So I can see your point. I guess if the spell/ritual dosn't call specificly for mensrual blood then don't use it as it has stuff in it that might ruin your spell/ritual.

I know a while ago (dont ask me where because I am that ditzy that I forgot) I was reading a book of spells that called specificle for mestrual blood as the binding part of a protection spell.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:51 am
Jade_elf

I know a while ago (dont ask me where because I am that ditzy that I forgot) I was reading a book of spells that called specificle for mestrual blood as the binding part of a protection spell.
Without context, I suspect historical revisionism- it's popular for modern pagans to rewrite older spells to make them "less offensive to the 20th century sensabilities".  

TeaDidikai

Kahri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:36 pm
Hmm, I've never actually used menstrual blood in a ritual persay, but I've used it to psychically mark things as mine and link them to me. I don't think I'd ever use any sort of blood as an offering or as a power source.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:32 am
Kahri
Hmm, I've never actually used menstrual blood in a ritual persay, but I've used it to psychically mark things as mine and link them to me. I don't think I'd ever use any sort of blood as an offering or as a power source.
On that note- why is it that one would use refuse- that which your body is rejecting and saying "this is not part of me" for sympathetic magic?  

TeaDidikai

Framed in Fire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:09 pm
I don't use blood in rituals.
The main reason for that however is simply because I don't do well with blood.
Blood + Me = bad
If i tried using blood in a ritual, I'd be likely to faint before being able to complete the ritual - not a good thing  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:40 am
Framed in Fire
I don't use blood in rituals.
The main reason for that however is simply because I don't do well with blood.
Blood + Me = bad
If i tried using blood in a ritual, I'd be likely to faint before being able to complete the ritual - not a good thing

Just human blood or all blood?  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:59 am
TeaDidikai
Kahri
On that note- why is it that one would use refuse- that which your body is rejecting and saying "this is not part of me" for sympathetic magic?
Maybe it would be better to use it for "I want to get rid of this" sympathetic magic instead of "this is mine" sympathetic magic, using that line of reasoning.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:49 pm
TheDisreputableDog
TeaDidikai
Kahri
Maybe it would be better to use it for "I want to get rid of this" sympathetic magic instead of "this is mine" sympathetic magic, using that line of reasoning.
Could be. That's not the usual expression bloodmagic takes in my experience. But why not use something like urine for that?  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:12 pm
TeaDidikai
Could be. That's not the usual expression bloodmagic takes in my experience. But why not use something like urine for that?
Sure. //Shrug.// I know nothing about bloodmagic, I was just throwing that out there.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff