Pollwhore
View Results

t o x i c l i p s t i c k

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:33 pm
Just b/c Amerians consume more than we do, that doesn't make Asian foods Amercan.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:29 pm
nononoo well ok look Sushi is from Japan but ppl from there or other countries learn them how to make it.

Pho is from Vietnam and they know how to make it only (vietnamese ppl cook it) mostly the restuaraunt in Nj-near around the big mall I forgot. makes it also otehr places around the states makes it too ^^  

KupoSempai

kufufu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:52 pm
Pho is the best  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:29 am
bump....just a passing by new gaian here with a dream and has a quest...hope that it'll come true....hope also that many would support me... surprised surprised

donations and comments are greatly appreciated surprised  

aj_24

Shore_Angel_Rebirth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:31 am
Ducngu
I have gone through many Asian websites although most say they like AZN's food but america eat way more of these food a year than we do... Does that make them American foods?

Nope, it's still asian food

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:25 am
Hey, it's good. That's all that matters.

And also, maybe the websites are getting their info from a resteraunt, and since most Japanese people/Vietnamese people can just make sushi/pho at home, they're not accounted for.

-kiristal_

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:51 am
No...sushi is Japanese food and pho is Vietnamese food. You see people eating spaghetti and lasagna all the time. It doesn't make them Italian and it doesn't make the food American.

American food to most people are steaks, hamburgers, and hot dogs.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:05 am
actually hamburgers are from germany but yea

It doesnt matter, American food is like their culture it is one big melting pot. American food is all foods. It's because so many different cultures influenced america making it a bit of everything ^^  

Yoko Hino

bamboowitch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:29 am
x_Dark_Eclipse_x
Technically, I don't think any food is "american" just because all the people who make the food are from different places in the world. Pizza is really Italian, french fries are really French, hamburgers are really German, etc...

And, anyways, people here in America might eat some asian foods more, but are you putting into consideration the people in Asia that's eating the food when you say americans eat it more?

Oh, all that food at the chinese restaurants isn't really chinese...it's americanized chinese food. It totally doesn't taste like chinese food 'cause our taste buds are different than most of the people living in america so to get lots of customers, they usually change the flavor.

Pizza originated from China actually... well the basic idea of pizza... pizza is adapted from a form of "pancake" in China...
*don't ask how i know... my parents tell me stuff like this and it just sticks in my mind...heres another fact for y'all... The basic idea ofIce Cream came from China too..*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:14 pm

The only reason why Americans eat it is because it rocks more than their food XP.

Michi Mizu

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:07 pm
Lord Someguy
and our Pho is the bomb pirate

Agreed with so much. :3 Viet food rocks, and since it came from Vietnam, I see no reason why it's American now. Just like McDonalds; it originated in America and now it's everywhere, but it's still considered American food.

Just because asian food is widely popular amongst Americans, it doesn't have to mean that it's now American food.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:25 pm
Here's the problem most food like Chicken Brocoloi and Calforina Roll are not really food from Asia but part of America. Why? It's obvious we Asian invented these dish which is not part of Asian food catergory. These food were created in America not in part of Asia. If you order Chicken Brocoli they'll probably say we don't serve that.  

T-Neffy

vietdreams

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:18 pm
Sushi is japanese . =) but i'm viet so pho pride all the way! The only reason why Americans eat so much cause one : their food are from different cultures and they want to eat more variety. 2. we eat so many asian food everyday that sometime it's nice to eat out [ likee steak ]] etc. but you don't go calling sushi american food. haha that'll be messed up  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:25 am
Kazuma Takahashi

The only reason why Americans eat it is because it rocks more than their food XP.

hahah completely agree with that but americans just dont make it as good as we do so they have to keep us around or there dead....phos da best!!!!  

iiLukaii

gReeNnPiNkAnGeL

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:18 am
well...it kind of matters...like pancit is a filipino dish, but it originated in Spain...(well, I think so) confused  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff