Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Cece Dusk
And don't get me started with people who argue with religion. No. Your religion is for faith. Not love. "God said marriage is between a man and a woman," "God hates gays," No.
1) That's your god. What if I'm not ******** christian? Does your god own me? No.
2) You don't know what your own god thinks. He hasn't come down and said it.
3) I thought God loves all of his creations.
Where in the bible does it say that he hates gays? Nowhere. If you read it, in multiple places, it says that a man can be married multiple times at the same time, and have concubines. Marriage between man and women is more accurate.
Just wanted to add on to this, sorry about quoting you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:17 am

I am for gay marriage, completely without a question.
If two people love each other, then what has the right to take that away from them, a right that has been given since birth that is craved from every human being put into existence? No one. I really do not understand people who against it, I just cannot see their side, it doesn't make sense to me.
How does it ruin marriage? It doesn't. If you ask me, what ruins marriage is divorce; marriage is suppose to be two lovers binding together for eternity. And, last I checked, straight couples get divorced so...

To me, nothing matters as long as the two people involved are truly in love. Not gender, race, age, or any other thing. All that matters is the two love each other, and if they do, they should be permitted to be together, and to bind their love just as everyone else can.

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

Dark_Fairy_20

Invisible Fairy

12,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 am
i am for gay marriage. love is love 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 am
I am openly gay, and totally for gay marriage.

I get a bit frustrated when people throw the religious argument around - that it violates the sanctity of marriage when two people of the same gender/sex want to get married - yet divorce - which is also a violation, seems to be more of a common place issue that IS harming children, young adults and even to a point the adults that engage in it. Sure, sometimes there is a huge issue in a marriage, abuse or clashes of personality that weren't there and cant be gotten rid of, it was an arranged marriage and things aren't working out ect... BUT the thing that seems to be the big problem is convenience - it's more convenient for some people to get a divorce rather than to bother trying to work through the issues as couples are supposed to. Biblically, divorce is a big no-no. It is a violation of the 'sanctity' of marriage. But that's beside the point.

Marriage has religious roots - so it's always going to be an issue when 'changes' are made to it's definition. Perhaps we need to do away with the 'institution' all together and have an equal piece of legislation that allows a union between two consenting non-related adults to be bound legally and recognised with the right tax benefits and adoption rights as is standard for official marriages now. If people want a religious ceremony, then they can go and be 'married' under the rights of their faith. Church groups, or other religious groups should have the freedom to refuse to have same-sex ceremonies on their hallowed ground - but they shouldn't have the right to stop it all together. If people want to celebrate like we do now with weddings - go for it!Call it marriage, but for crying out loud, don't remove a basic human right from people.

Religion is a personal choice, plenty of non-religious people get married. Marriage is a personal choice - a commitment between two consenting adults - should it matter what gender or race those two adults are? Personally, I think it shouldn't. Provided they're in it for the long haul.

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm
my problem is the word 'gay' cat_stare
marriage is marriage. you don't need to specify. or do you need to specify the honeymoon and everything else, too?
and why does a word that means 'happy' also mean 'homosexual?' i never understood that
a gay marriage is a happy marriage. straight or otherwise  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:10 pm
I personally don't understand why people are against gay marriage. The level of involvement with random straight person to gays that want to get married is 0. It doesn't involve anyone else besides the people directly involved, so why does it matter so much to people on the outside? It's not like it's legalizing murder or something, where there is an obvious reason to be against it. It's just stupid that it's so controversial. And as far as the government goes, why is it their job to interfere with people's relationships? As long as people are aware of what they're getting into (and that goes for every person- gays, straights, everyone), I say let them do whatever they want. Give us all our rights, and leave us alone, government.

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:53 pm
I'm all for it!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:38 pm
I'm not quite sure why anyone would be against it.
It's just impossible for me understand how someone can hate another for loving who they want to.
It's a freedom!
If someone could please enlighten me on how gay marriage could be wrong, I'd love to hear it.
>_>

Kitalpha Hart

It shouldn't be specified. But someone started a huge argument and said it is wrong. That is why this all started. If everyone could agree that we're all free, this wouldn't even be a problem. Your point is correct, though. Marriage is marriage.

Warm Soul

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:59 pm
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
Against.

And im not an animal, i'm a human.

May I ask exactly why you're against gay marriage? Is it because of religion or a legitimate reason?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm
I'm all for it. If someone ever tells me it's wrong because the bible says so? Separation of church and state, your religion can not define the laws. emotion_dealwithit  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

IVIoonBean

Bloblike Blob

31,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 am
Banshee Cupcake
I'm all for it. If someone ever tells me it's wrong because the bible says so? Separation of church and state, your religion can not define the laws. emotion_dealwithit

I'm all for it also, but I just wanted to point out, in my country now they have separated it, people can have civil partnerships but not "marriage" to a person of the same sex, so right now, at least where I'm from the argument is just about the word "marriage".

Personally I think homosexual marriage is fine, since they're just people...any person should be able to marry another person. This is also my stance on all things like equality between the sexes and such. People are people and should all be treated the same, man or woman, straight or gay or whatever your preferred choice of sexual partner is...I honestly find it hard to believe people are still debating about such things like this when they could be investing that time into making the world better....  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 am
darlindol17

May I ask exactly why you're against gay marriage? Is it because of religion or a legitimate reason?

I'm against "it" (the subject of same sex marriage/union, not the people involved in it) because it is against the natural law and against God, the Creator of all things.

While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. The first mention of marriage, Genesis 2:24, describes it as a man leaving his parents and being united to his wife. In passages that contain instructions regarding marriage, such as 1 Corinthians 7:2-16 and Ephesians 5:23-33, the Bible clearly identifies marriage as being between a man and a woman. Biblically speaking, marriage is the lifetime union of a man and a woman, primarily for the purpose of building a family and providing a stable environment for that family.

The Bible alone, however, does not have to be used to demonstrate this understanding of marriage. The biblical viewpoint of marriage has been the universal understanding of marriage in every human civilization in world history. History argues against gay marriage. Modern secular psychology recognizes that men and women are psychologically and emotionally designed to complement one another. In regard to the family, psychologists contend that a union between a man and woman in which both spouses serve as good gender role models is the best environment in which to raise well-adjusted children. Psychology argues against gay marriage. In nature/physicality, clearly, men and women were designed to “fit” together sexually. With the “natural” purpose of sexual intercourse being procreation, clearly only a sexual relationship between a man and a woman can fulfill this purpose. Nature argues against gay marriage.

According to the Bible, marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Gay marriage/same-sex marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage.

Also, God is a God of love (1 John 4:8 ) and a just God. He hates not the sinner but the sin. Don't confuse love with lust, affection, friendship, infatuation, etc. This is love: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
(1 Cor. 13:4)

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 am
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
If I may, I'd like to point out that before Jesus was born the ancient Romans approved of a relationship between two men or two women. If I remember correctly they considered it purer because there was no way for them to have a child without a surrogate mother or father. I can't remember if they could get married but I do know they at least approved or just didn't mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 am
im all for Gay marriage. Love it Love no matter what race or sex. But what bugs me to much is when people say God is against it. I am sorry but where in the ever loving world did god go to you and say Shun this person for being gay we are who we are ( i dont really believe in a GOD i got my reason if u want to know ask) i am not ashamed to be Bisexual . Im sorry but when people say God says this it makes me want to Smask them for what do they know about God. im all for ir Love someone love them with full heart  

lizhybridwolfbat

lizhybridwolfbat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 am
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
darlindol17

I'm against "it" (the subject of same sex marriage/union, not the people involved in it) because it is against the natural law and against God, the Creator of all things.

While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. The first mention of marriage, Genesis 2:24, describes it as a man leaving his parents and being united to his wife. In passages that contain instructions regarding marriage, such as 1 Corinthians 7:2-16 and Ephesians 5:23-33, the Bible clearly identifies marriage as being between a man and a woman. Biblically speaking, marriage is the lifetime union of a man and a woman, primarily for the purpose of building a family and providing a stable environment for that family.

The Bible alone, however, does not have to be used to demonstrate this understanding of marriage. The biblical viewpoint of marriage has been the universal understanding of marriage in every human civilization in world history. History argues against gay marriage. Modern secular psychology recognizes that men and women are psychologically and emotionally designed to complement one another. In regard to the family, psychologists contend that a union between a man and woman in which both spouses serve as good gender role models is the best environment in which to raise well-adjusted children. Psychology argues against gay marriage. In nature/physicality, clearly, men and women were designed to “fit” together sexually. With the “natural” purpose of sexual intercourse being procreation, clearly only a sexual relationship between a man and a woman can fulfill this purpose. Nature argues against gay marriage.

According to the Bible, marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Gay marriage/same-sex marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage.

Also, God is a God of love (1 John 4:8 ) and a just God. He hates not the sinner but the sin. Don't confuse love with lust, affection, friendship, infatuation, etc. This is love: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
(1 Cor. 13:4)

but where in your bible dose God actully say he condom Gay Marriage?
and when is being in love means bosting? im sorry what you said was confusing me  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff