Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:13 am
But that's what I'm suggesting. Too many specials that eat up precious points best spent on other things, something the army needs, especially at such a low point amount game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 am
Mehhh..... I will next time, I just need to know my opponent more. Once I have an idea of my opponent, I will be able to fit it more appropriately.  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:18 am
I have to agree with Blodwynn and say, it is a rather poor list, sorry for the bluntness. Personally I'd go with the following given your love for armoured might:

HQ.
Primaris Psyker - 70

Troops.
Veterans - 3x meltagun - 100
Chimera - Multi-laser and heavy bolter - 55

Veterans - 3x meltagun - 100
Chimera - Multi-laser and heavy bolter - 55

Fast Attack.
Hellhound - 130

Heavy Support.
Leman Russ Exterminator - Hull-mounted heavy bolter and sponson-mounted heavy bolters - 170

Leman Russ Exterminator - Hull-mounted heavy bolter and sponson-mounted heavy bolters - 170

Griffon battery (2) - 150

Tactica: The Psyker joins one of the two veteran squads, those are your two squads you'll need to keep safe for when you need to pop a tank or cap an objective. The Exterminators are the anchors in your line, the Griffons, with their Accurate Bombardment are your template laying pain-givers and the Hellhound is ideal for burning away squads or at least acting as a deterrent to the enemy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:20 am
Why a Psyker though? ninja  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:22 am
Lady Blodwynn
Cheapest independent character that is of most use. Psychic powers have gotten a nice boost with the 6th and it beats getting a command squad, which would need a Chimera of its own to stay protected, which is a bit of a point sink at this stage, instead, take an independent, have it hitch a ride with one of the veteran squads instead, means more points for other, heavier things.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:24 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Cheapest independent character that is of most use. Psychic powers have gotten a nice boost with the 6th and it beats getting a command squad, which would need a Chimera of its own to stay protected, which is a bit of a point sink at this stage, instead, take an independent, have it hitch a ride with one of the veteran squads instead, means more points for other, heavier things.
Fair enough, glad to see Griffons included. Looks like you'll never forget that defeat. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:26 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Fair enough, glad to see Griffons included. Looks like you'll never forget that defeat. wink

I can see the list is more to my liking, but I do not really use Hellhounds, but I will give it a try.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 am
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn

I can see the list is more to my liking, but I do not really use Hellhounds, but I will give it a try.
It's merely a suggestion, but a clown-tank is great for burning away hardy opposition. If the Hellhound doesn't work out, drop it and band the two Exterminators together into one squadron, bit of a gamble, but that way you can take a Basilisk or leave it as is and take on a squadron of Sentinels with autocannons or heavy flamers instead.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
The way you rubbed it in, I'm scarred for life.. emo  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:41 am
Lt. Brookman
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn

It's merely a suggestion, but a clown-tank is great for burning away hardy opposition. If the Hellhound doesn't work out, drop it and band the two Exterminators together into one squadron, bit of a gamble, but that way you can take a Basilisk or leave it as is and take on a squadron of Sentinels with autocannons or heavy flamers instead.

Well, glancing at the new revised rules about Squadrons, I can now safely run two Squadrons of 3x Leman Russ Tanks and not worry about the Immobilization from killing them. If I read the rules right, it says the 'Immobilized tank' can be left there to be it own 'unit' while the rest of the squadron moves on to kill, while the immobilized becomes a stationary bunker. Maybe fit Tech Priests in the army to fix it. xp

Wait a minute.... with the abandoning figure... if the tech priest repairs the 'immobilized' will the Tank be able to move again on its own and be a unit of its own? That is puzzling.  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:44 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
The way you rubbed it in, I'm scarred for life.. emo

If you want Brookman, I can lend you my 'Lucky' Basilisk. It has never died in a battle yet, and it tends to make impossible shots, for example, I shot a Valkyrie with it, and survived three penetrating hits from two Hammerheads, and one Vanquisher Leman with a Knight Pask in it. Results = Crew Shaken due to Extra Armor. blaugh It is my awesome Artillery.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 am
steelunit
Lt. Brookman
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn

Well, glancing at the new revised rules about Squadrons, I can now safely run two Squadrons of 3x Leman Russ Tanks and not worry about the Immobilization from killing them. If I read the rules right, it says the 'Immobilized tank' can be left there to be it own 'unit' while the rest of the squadron moves on to kill, while the immobilized becomes a stationary bunker. Maybe fit Tech Priests in the army to fix it. xp

Wait a minute.... with the abandoning figure... if the tech priest repairs the 'immobilized' will the Tank be able to move again on its own and be a unit of its own? That is puzzling.
That is always an option, though I'd save that for bigger games. Besides, a Techpriest is more effective when accompanied by a retinue of servitors to help boost those rolls.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 am
steelunit
If you want Brookman, I can lend you my 'Lucky' Basilisk. It has never died in a battle yet, and it tends to make impossible shots, for example, I shot a Valkyrie with it, and survived three penetrating hits from two Hammerheads, and one Vanquisher Leman with a Knight Pask in it. Results = Crew Shaken due to Extra Armor. blaugh It is my awesome Artillery.
Basilisks are fine and dandy, but are nothing when put alongside a Griffon in my own personal experiences. Griffons are cheaper, accurate and well, in my eyes better.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 am
Lt. Brookman
steelunit
Basilisks are fine and dandy, but are nothing when put alongside a Griffon in my own personal experiences. Griffons are cheaper, accurate and well, in my eyes better.

They are cheaper and accurate, but I prefer the raw firepower still.  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:21 am
steelunit
Lt. Brookman
steelunit

They are cheaper and accurate, but I prefer the raw firepower still.
I like the Basilisk, but I've never used a Griffon, so I can't make a good comparison.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff