Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [ChatterBox]________Everything Else, Newbie Threads, Advertising, Etc.
[Dictionary] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Computer Illiterate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:39 pm
Not to cause trouble or anything, but a Gary Stu is the male version of a Mary Sue, you put female version.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:46 pm
Darth Drake
You should put in a pronunciation guide, too. 3nodding

lol What about synonyms...antonyms..you know the works. xd

Also, I don't know why...but every time I think of the word Lemon or Lime...I think there's a Cherry...but there's not. We should make one up! xd  

Fattu_x2

Mauimango7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:56 pm
Heehee I think we should add BDSM to the dictionary.. ninja It can be used for all type of relationships too...anyways, I'll go get a...thing. o.o;  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:23 pm
Add this in:

Bishie:Short for Bishounen.commanly used term for a loved anime boy.

Kawaii:Japanese word for cute.

SQUEE!:The last thing an anime guy hear's before he is glomped and or attacked by one or more females.

Glomp:To jump on and hug.  

Dr_Kael

Poochi Ray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:24 pm
Thank you for the suggestions, honeys. <3
I've added glomp, kawaii, bishounen. If there are any problems or additions that need to be made to these definitions, please tell me. n~n

Also, I've avoided adding "squee" because it is a noise I make too. xD; I'm not sure if it is specific enough.

I did not add the lime definition because it mentions it under the "lemon" defintion. If Paco believes that lime deserves its own definition, we will add it later.

And thank you Computer Illiterate. I edited the description under Gary Stu.

@ Darth Drake: I think pronunciation guides would take quite a lot of time to do. xD; But who knows? We might make one up in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Well, actually, slash is any pairing that is non-canon or not in the real show.

IE, Tohru Honda x Shigure Sohma is slash, just as much as Naruto x Sasuke, or someting in Harry Potter.  

blackwhiteandsilver

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:11 pm
Computer Illiterate
Not to cause trouble or anything, but a Gary Stu is the male version of a Mary Sue, you put female version.
*raises hand* My fault! I submitted that definition. Ahaha, must have been a slip up.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:42 pm
Aerine Lillet
Well, actually, slash is any pairing that is non-canon or not in the real show.

IE, Tohru Honda x Shigure Sohma is slash, just as much as Naruto x Sasuke, or someting in Harry Potter.

Not exactly.
Slash is specifically between same gender couples.
Your example of Tohru and Shigure is therefore incorrect. That is just referred to as heterosexual romance/hentai (depending on how high the rating of the material is).
Slash and yaoi/shounen ai can be used interchangeably. However, the term slash developed in the western hemisphere using such fanfiction stories/art as "Star Wars," for example.
Slash can also refer to yuri/shoujo ai. It is just a generalization on same sex couples in the fandom world, originating from the western hemisphere.

Poochi Ray

NaneXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:44 pm
woah
thanks for putting this here! i had a verrry small idea on what a lemon was sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:35 am
Does anyone know what canon means? Everyone talks about it!  

CARLY GAY JEPSEN

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

NaneXx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:17 pm
uyeahh wat is a canon??  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:20 pm
Uhhh, what's an OCP (or is it OTP)?  

Azu_Manga_Daioh

SeNalove

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:28 pm
Well..ok, I guess I have a question about some definitions, so I guess I'll just put them here. sweatdrop

I'm still a bit confused as to what Shota is. I was reading some summaries about Loveless ( never seen it before so excuse me if I'm wrong ) but it looks to me that little kitty-boy is only twelve years old. His 'partner', wel...isn't he older? Would that qualify as Shota?

Also, is liking Shota looked down upon? Does it make one look like a...uh..oops, I never remember how to spell this word, um, well how about a pervert? A young boy with an older man? I feel sorta bad now..my favorite pairing with my best friend, the older is always in his late teens or early twenties. His lover, well, I always make sure they are exactly five years apart, even if it means 12 and 17. But when I draw them, the younger always ends up looking extremely childish ( even though he might not be that young ). I can't help it, he just looks so cute that way! sweatdrop

Anyhow, just a couple questions, hope they're in the right spot and I didn't confuse anybody...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:51 pm
yeah, i second the notion of clearing up canon and fanon. I hate running around with incorrect definitions

Lee Haruin

General Ninja Ferret

Demonic Master

24,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:51 pm
I once heard the term "tentacles" in a yaoi thread on some other site. I'm not sure what it means, though.

[ChatterBox]________Everything Else, Newbie Threads, Advertising, Etc.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games