• Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:02 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Foxy Familiar
Kitalpha Hart
Foxy Familiar
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Reproduction is a way to learn and improve drawing skills.

this, big time
one of the books i read on making comics in general touches down several times on Japanese comics/manga, and even the author says that it's a good way to get started
for me, i improved personally on that style by getting a how to draw manga book. they give out tips and stuff
ha ha funny you should say that, after my mother got wind of my interest in drawing manga she went out and got like five different "how to draw manga books". i haven't really read them i more of just skimmed through looking at the pictures sweatdrop but maybe I'll go back and read through them, see i can pick up some tips!

i'm looking for a good one on drawing chibis, to see how to draw chibi hands
ohmaigawd, chibi hands are impossible cat_gonk
course, the one i have is just on magical girls, but i've found one that is on manga in general and is a lot better on the tips that i want to get, alongside with a chibi one -w-
heh heh O^O i've never tried drawing a chibi.... O.e i need to try that asap! they are so awesome! good luck on your chibi hands!

one of my friends called how i currently draw chibi hands 'glove-hands'
which makes sense
ha ha ha a lot of the time when i'm drawing hands i have to draw them two or three times before they stop looking like claws or mittens lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:05 pm
P a n d a s P a n t i e s
Foxy Familiar
Foxy Familiar
Foxy Familiar
hrm... what do you mean?

well of what ive seen, theres many different styles.
Hmm... well I'm probably more of a Shonen manga artist. I'm not sure, never really given thought to what style i draw..... if you've ever seen the anime blue exorcist that's the kind of drawing i aspire to be.

oh okay c: well one thing you could try doing, which is a sort of practice is drawing avatars here on gaia. Its a good start in a way.
hmmm 3nodding sounds fun actuallt biggrin

do you like cute things? cuz i can give you something to draw c:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i believe it would look cool in your style drawing. You can do whatever you like with it if you want to try drawing it :3
ah~ kawaii~ she is cute! she would be fun to draw.  

Foxy Familiar

Timid Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cart Raider 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:07 pm
Foxy Familiar
Kitalpha Hart
Foxy Familiar
Kitalpha Hart
Foxy Familiar
ha ha funny you should say that, after my mother got wind of my interest in drawing manga she went out and got like five different "how to draw manga books". i haven't really read them i more of just skimmed through looking at the pictures sweatdrop but maybe I'll go back and read through them, see i can pick up some tips!

course, the one i have is just on magical girls, but i've found one that is on manga in general and is a lot better on the tips that i want to get, alongside with a chibi one -w-
heh heh O^O i've never tried drawing a chibi.... O.e i need to try that asap! they are so awesome! good luck on your chibi hands!

which makes sense
ha ha ha a lot of the time when i'm drawing hands i have to draw them two or three times before they stop looking like claws or mittens lol

*shrug*
hey, it works for me, so that's how i roll. i probably won't ever change it, really

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Foxy Familiar
Kitalpha Hart
Foxy Familiar
Kitalpha Hart
Foxy Familiar

which makes sense

*shrug*
hey, it works for me, so that's how i roll. i probably won't ever change it, really
cat_cool  

Foxy Familiar

Timid Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cart Raider 100

Noodlechu
Crew

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:50 pm
Foxy Familiar
Foxy Familiar
Foxy Familiar
Hmm... well I'm probably more of a Shonen manga artist. I'm not sure, never really given thought to what style i draw..... if you've ever seen the anime blue exorcist that's the kind of drawing i aspire to be.

oh okay c: well one thing you could try doing, which is a sort of practice is drawing avatars here on gaia. Its a good start in a way.
hmmm 3nodding sounds fun actuallt biggrin

do you like cute things? cuz i can give you something to draw c:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i believe it would look cool in your style drawing. You can do whatever you like with it if you want to try drawing it :3
ah~ kawaii~ she is cute! she would be fun to draw.

:3 okay~ yay  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:40 pm
Whenever I start to get burnt out with my drawing, I find what gets me back in the mood is throwing more variety into what I draw and try things I normally don't do. I turn away from anime style art completely and return to doing some still life realism. Not long ago I was going through a 90's grunge rock phase and I wanted to try drawing Kurt Cobain and this came out:

User Image

I got my start with anime art by doing reproductions then I shifted to modding images and then I started doing avi art. Avatars on this site are simplified enough that there's generally enough creative freedom to keep me interested.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items