Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Traitor's Rage - a Traitor Guard blog/plog Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:45 am
Cheers, thanks for the upload. I take it this stuff is a bit like the fine gravel and the like, just white?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:24 am
its like really fine sugar smile

got a couple Iron Warriors and an Iron Warriors themed Melta-Servitor based on a Ogre Kingdoms model done, photos to follow shortly!  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 pm
Love the minis, both the modeling and the painting. I'm finding it hard to pick on any details, there doesn't seem to be much to critique!

Like others have mentioned, the bases could use some work. I know Dark Art Miniatures sells rocky bases, maybe if you took some of those, attached some crystals, and dusted the whole thing with snow, it would add some depth to the bases.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:52 am
DarkElf27
Love the minis, both the modeling and the painting. I'm finding it hard to pick on any details, there doesn't seem to be much to critique!

Like others have mentioned, the bases could use some work. I know Dark Art Miniatures sells rocky bases, maybe if you took some of those, attached some crystals, and dusted the whole thing with snow, it would add some depth to the bases.

thanks smile gonna put my Iron Warriors up tonight too

and as for the base, it was done purely as a test to see how the snow worked and to show mac. when i finally get ahold of good fine grey gravel that will be the majority of each base, plus crystals, and a light scatter of snow (the ammount on the test peice would probs do snow for 6 models, just lightly patched about)  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:53 am
fire - link
DarkElf27

thanks smile gonna put my Iron Warriors up tonight too

and as for the base, it was done purely as a test to see how the snow worked and to show mac. when i finally get ahold of good fine grey gravel that will be the majority of each base, plus crystals, and a light scatter of snow (the ammount on the test peice would probs do snow for 6 models, just lightly patched about)
*nudge nudge* Iron Warriors?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:38 am
sorry for the delay in getting these up. my gravel arrived biggrin its Woodland Scenics; "Coarse Cinders" and it is exactly what i was after

so, the promised photos. first up I've got the first batch of Iron Warriors painted and based:

User Image

then a Praetorian Servitor (to join the techpriest i'll be getting next). His multi Melta is an old metal peice from the original LR Crusader kits, the head is Green Stuff with an IG Tank Lamp pushed into it

User Image
User Image

and finally, 3 of my fav Traitors so far (incl. the Psyker) all based up ninja

User Image  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 am
fire - link
then a Praetorian Servitor (to join the techpriest i'll be getting next). His multi Melta is an old metal peice from the original LR Crusader kits, the head is Green Stuff with an IG Tank Lamp pushed into it

User Image
User Image
While I find the sentinel leg a bit oversized and out of place, not to mention the gut plate is a bit bland compared to the rest of the model, the rest of it is.. burning_eyes Nice nice nice! Give yourself a cigar if you are of the smoking sort. The diving helmet in particular is something done in a style I'm a sucker for myself and the weedy technical arm is done using the servo arm of either a Tech Marine or Enginseer, right? This is awesome s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:01 am
Lt. Brookman
While I find the sentinel leg a bit oversized and out of place, not to mention the gut plate is a bit bland compared to the rest of the model, the rest of it is.. burning_eyes Nice nice nice! Give yourself a cigar if you are of the smoking sort. The diving helmet in particular is something done in a style I'm a sucker for myself and the weedy technical arm is done using the servo arm of either a Tech Marine or Enginseer, right? This is awesome s**t.

the gut plate is awaiting an Iron Warriors transfer, hence why its still plain, and the servo arm was hacked from a normal servitor. the sentinel leg was... perhaps not the best choice but i kinda like its uber-bulkiness  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:51 am
I love the use of the yellow/black striping, gives them an awesome industrial look. The servitor looks like something out of Bioshock.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:52 am
I love the use of the yellow/black striping, gives them an awesome industrial look. The servitor looks like something out of Bioshock.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:12 am
DarkElf27

Cheers cap! currently working on more traitors by liberally cutting apart the cultist doubles and cadian stuff biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 pm
fire - link
DarkElf27

Cheers cap! currently working on more traitors by liberally cutting apart the cultist doubles and cadian stuff biggrin
How are the traitors who were WIP on the first page, are they painted and based yet?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:27 pm
fire - link
DarkElf27

How are the traitors who were WIP on the first page, are they painted and based yet?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:37 pm
DarkElf27
fire - link
DarkElf27

about that...

these guys are piling up on them xD I'm trying to get a load made up first so i can batch black-spray a load in one go  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:39 pm
fire - link
DarkElf27
fire - link
DarkElf27

about that...

these guys are piling up on them xD I'm trying to get a load made up first so i can batch black-spray a load in one go
Ah, gotcha. How many are you going for in the current batch?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff