aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:23 pm
Mikaino
I did get it! I've played for maybe an hour. I just can't get into it.

Saddd <3
I have kinda stopped playing so much since i beat the unova league.
Probably going to send all my poke to my white 1 and then start again  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:25 pm
AliceLoathesWonderland
Mikaino
I did get it! I've played for maybe an hour. I just can't get into it.

Saddd <3
I have kinda stopped playing so much since i beat the unova league.
Probably going to send all my poke to my white 1 and then start again

I dunno, I've lost interest for the most part.. x_x;; My husband and I were professors for the card game, but got the crap end of the stick, the head professor in our area decided we're not worth judging events, because we have CHILDREN. No joke. Pissed me off hardcore, and he treats my bff like crap, we stopped going. :/
So interest in Pokemon itself.. has dwindled immensely. I'll TRY to get into it, but I'll probably just trade over some level 100s to just breeze through xD; I prefer the storyline anyway!  

Mikaino

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100

Bronia

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:20 pm
Asked for White 2 for mah barfday. I'm excited to play! The female character is soooo adorable!!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 pm
Rayinte
AliceLoathesWonderland
Rayinte
AliceLoathesWonderland
I'm 25 and i'm like a pokemon finatic!

I'm 30 and I was a Pokémon fanatic since it started airing in the US.

It's kind of sad that I really can't muster any interest in the new games. sad

if there is any game that will reel you back into pokemon it's these new ones.
Best game ever imo.
And I own most of the pokemon games.

Part of my beef is that they keep making improvements, and then getting rid of them in the next game. The Pokétch from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum was genius. I loved being able to have a HUD of whatever I was doing--I could use it to track EV progression or whether I had an egg waiting or just to see my team's current status (did Linoone pick up something?)

Having follower Pokémon in the HG/SS was delightful.

They spent an entire generation building up the notion of "Pokémon Contests" and then dropped it like a hot potato, having to change the entire mechanics of Feebas evolution.

Dream world? Give me a break. By the time it was actually available, people who bought B/W at launch were already well past the point where it would have been a valuable addition to their first play-through. And then? It was fun for about a month, tops, if you're the sort who goes for "Virtual Chores" sorts of games.

But it's not just Pokémon that has disappointed me lately. All of Nintendo's big names are franchise names. Pokémon has been around for something like fifteen years. Mario and Zelda? Longer than that. They don't take chances on new franchises anymore. And for the existing franchises, it's always the same exact thing.

For a good long while, I would have kicked a puppy for Pikmin 3, so long as it had a couch co-op mode. Now? I'm really not interested in getting a Wii-U just for one game.

If I could tip you for this, I would. I LOVED the pokemon contests in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald! And yeah, it sucks how they had to change to evolution for Feebas because they lost interest in making the pokemon contests continue into the next generations...

And the Poketch was THE MOST HELPFUL application of the DS touch screen ever. I liked being able to see my team's current health without having to open up the main menu to get to my pokemon line-up all the time. The Dowsing function was the best ever and the step counter was also mega helpful in hatching eggs. And I miss having your first pokemon follow you around the most.
crying  

Mythey Maysonia

Wealthy Heckler

14,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150

Elise Grimwald

Magical Bookworm

14,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 pm
I bought it on the day it came out. And I've had a very hard time getting into it. The plot just isn't engaging right now (and I'm on the seventh gym leader), and the new version of contests just isn't any fun. The only new features I like are Join Avenue and the fact that the game asks if you want to use a repel again when the other one runs out.
I love the fact they made a sequel instead of another remake, but I just wish there was more to it.

And as for the Pokemon games going backwards on features thing, I definitely have to agree. I loved that the first Pokemon in your party followed my character around, and that I could talk to it, I liked to put seals on my Pokeballs, I liked the Poketech a lot, I liked Secret Bases, AND I liked Contests in Ruby and Sapphire. And I HATE that got rid of those features. sad .  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:50 pm
Quote:
I miss having your first pokemon follow you around the most.

This. So much. It was so fun in HG/SS to watch your little pokemon follow your trainer around and do all sorts of cute things. I want it back, Nintendo.  

Saerynn

Dangerous Nerd

8,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers