Submit

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:08 pm
I have a friend that is into it and has done it! what exactly is it???????????  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:18 pm
to start with, i wouldn't be able to live through that because i have anatomy/physiology that i'm in and believe me, that class does not allow the time to try and type a novel in a month no matter how much fun it would be to try.

secondly, i'm trying to get out a fanfiction actually and have set dealines for each chapter for myself to try and get all of the first half out and done with so i can start uploading it onto sites. i've got a chapter a week i'm trying to do on top of studying for a/p lecture AND lab, literiture, art history, and statistics so my plate is kinda full to start with thought december....and then some cat_sweatdrop

absolute kudos to anyone in here who tries to pull this off and if i hear about you doing it i will totally man a one-woman cheer squad for you guys and throw vertual confetti and provite vertual snacks to encourage you to keep going!  

StrayKit

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:37 pm
MiracleRayray2
I have a friend that is into it and has done it! what exactly is it???????????

This is right of the sites 'about' page:

National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000-word (approximately 175-page) novel by 11:59:59 PM on November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.

As you spend November writing, you can draw comfort from the fact that, all around the world, other National Novel Writing Month participants are going through the same joys and sorrows of producing the Great Frantic Novel. Wrimos meet throughout the month to offer encouragement, commiseration, and—when the thing is done—the kind of raucous celebrations that tend to frighten animals and small children.

In 2011, we had 256,618 participants and 36,843 of them crossed the 50K finish line by the midnight deadline, entering into the annals of NaNoWriMo superstardom forever. They started the month as auto mechanics, out-of-work actors, and middle school English teachers. They walked away novelists.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:39 pm
StrayKit
to start with, i wouldn't be able to live through that because i have anatomy/physiology that i'm in and believe me, that class does not allow the time to try and type a novel in a month no matter how much fun it would be to try.

secondly, i'm trying to get out a fanfiction actually and have set dealines for each chapter for myself to try and get all of the first half out and done with so i can start uploading it onto sites. i've got a chapter a week i'm trying to do on top of studying for a/p lecture AND lab, literiture, art history, and statistics so my plate is kinda full to start with thought december....and then some cat_sweatdrop

absolute kudos to anyone in here who tries to pull this off and if i hear about you doing it i will totally man a one-woman cheer squad for you guys and throw vertual confetti and provite vertual snacks to encourage you to keep going!

That's the beauty of nano: You can write fanfiction for it. They specifically state you can write ANYTHING you want. I was doing a fanfiction my first year, actually.  

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

StrayKit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:48 pm
Velvet Cakes
StrayKit

That's the beauty of nano: You can write fanfiction for it. They specifically state you can write ANYTHING you want. I was doing a fanfiction my first year, actually.

well i'm already at 114,702 words on it right now, it'd have to be the next 50,000 words then....^_^;  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:27 am
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

Or a lethal dose of the drug the son was addicted to, maybe he didn't do it and is being set up. What sort of drugs can people be on and still act vaguley normal?

If it was the drugs the son was on, then it was probably a set up. Since drug addicts like to take any of their substance they have, instead of 'wasting' it. and as for what kinds, all drugs change you when you become addicted, but your reaction to it, and how badly your personality alters depends on you as a person; it really just ranges. Speed isn't as bad as, say, coke in terms of that, but all addictive substances have an effect.

I was thinking Opium, it's harder to come by I'm sure and perhaos not as hard to detect use of unless the person's on it when you see them. I've decided it's a set up by the gang he owes money to for the drugs. His father changed his will leaving him nothing until he was clean of drugs so they inject him with a lethal dose and leave him in Finland where they don't think anyone will associate it with them.

Now I just have to work out how to get him to Finland. What would attract a business man to a deserted area? Renewable energy perhaps, there's a river where they find his body. You're really useful btw smile

Well, it could be he was going to some sort of 'health retreat'. a vacation or some such; the rich like to do that. and not a problem XD I love brainstorming.

Ooh, that's a good idea. The Finnish like their saunas, maybe a slow acting poison in the steam. That would leave him disorientated enough to go somewhere with a complete stranger.

oh that's quite the idea! I'd go with it!

I now have plot for two months up to his death smile Thanks!  

Kiiena

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:25 am
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

I was thinking Opium, it's harder to come by I'm sure and perhaos not as hard to detect use of unless the person's on it when you see them. I've decided it's a set up by the gang he owes money to for the drugs. His father changed his will leaving him nothing until he was clean of drugs so they inject him with a lethal dose and leave him in Finland where they don't think anyone will associate it with them.

Now I just have to work out how to get him to Finland. What would attract a business man to a deserted area? Renewable energy perhaps, there's a river where they find his body. You're really useful btw smile

Well, it could be he was going to some sort of 'health retreat'. a vacation or some such; the rich like to do that. and not a problem XD I love brainstorming.

Ooh, that's a good idea. The Finnish like their saunas, maybe a slow acting poison in the steam. That would leave him disorientated enough to go somewhere with a complete stranger.

oh that's quite the idea! I'd go with it!

I now have plot for two months up to his death smile Thanks!

Not a problem! If you need any help, just shoot me a message; I'd be more than happy to help you brainstorm. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:53 pm
should I do it?  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

a porg

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:10 pm
I'm in the midst of plotting for mine. Actually, it's more like ironing out my characters. My plot's pretty cool, but really nerdy. It's about what lies beyond the cosmic microwave background (the edge of the universe, which actually exists.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 pm
MiracleRayray2
should I do it?

Of course! Its a month of pure literary abandon!! And it's ridiculously fun!  

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:22 pm
Violet the Maestro
I'm in the midst of plotting for mine. Actually, it's more like ironing out my characters. My plot's pretty cool, but really nerdy. It's about what lies beyond the cosmic microwave background (the edge of the universe, which actually exists.

I have a handful of novels I could work on, i just have to sit down and actually decide on which i want to use XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 pm
I really should. Don't know if I'll have time though, my son will be 2 months old.  

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 pm
Digital Fiend
I really should. Don't know if I'll have time though, my son will be 2 months old.

It never hurts to try.if nothing else, getting to know people who write in your area is extremely fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 pm
Good God, you bunch of maniacs, your posts have made me excited enough to re-validate my NaNo account, even if I'm having doubts about doing it this year. lol

My NaNoWriMo ID is mage-girl.

Thank you guys for getting me enthusiastic enough to at least consider doing it again this time around! heart  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 pm
So, how is everyone going with NaNoWriMo?

My NaNo ID is hisuiai, and I just reached 10,001 words last night emotion_bigheart  
11. ✿ - - - Poems And Writing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff