Reply 33. ✿ - - - Parenting
New Mama Tips Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic_Highlights

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 am
Gosh ok i have a LOT which i wish someone would have told me. There will be a lot ^_^ as i was asked by a friend so have it saved hehe

Olive oil is amazing for getting rid of cradle cap

You can tell how warm/cold bubba is by feeling the back of there neck

if bubba is lifting there legs whilst crying it can indicate they have wind

Socks! lots of socks! they can be used on hands and are better than mitts at night i find.

Sudocrem will become your friend it can be used for everything not just for nappy rash!

Sleep when bubba sleeps you will need it

Put bleach in EVERY WASH i didnt and it can be a cow to get out stains even after 6 washes now i add bleach and boom stains go easier.

ask for HELP your not a bad mum if you admit you need some help

When baby is older cook in bulk and freeze it will save you time for more cuddles and allows you to eat right too

If you have stiches down below my mum found taking water with her to the loo or running a tap helped her

salt in the bath in you have stitches soothes and heals.

fresh air or car rides sooth babies and puts them to sleep

a hoover on will settle a baby more than you think, or tv on

do not walk around softly or keep noise to a minimum be normal else they will wake at the slightest noise

never unpack your nappy bag keep it with the pram and stock it up once a week, sometimes you need the extra time

babys are new to milk and if its formula do not panic if there more sick it can take time to find the right type

do not listen to the formula guidelines your baby will tell you if she wants more milk [its not set in stones some babies need more do not be afraid to give a extra bottle]

If your baby wakes at night when older give bottle calmly, do nappy [if they really need it done] and let them feed themselves if they can and then place them to bed right away without talking to them else it will wake them up

Do not turn lights on its less stressful for bubba

have a baby grow in everything so you always have a spare one

Second hand clothes are not bad, accept from friends and family there not in them long just wash them well!

Skin to skin builds strong bonds

if you have another child and bubba comes along get a present and card and say its from the baby WORKS WONDERS and they feel less left out when everyone concentrates on bubba

try to let bubba have some nappy freedom a day it allows air to hit there bum and helps with rashes

Do not bother buying cot sheets normal ones work as well and give extra comfort for bubba to lie on.

If you had a c section do not rush or over do things! you need rest and get help for the first few weeks

If you have had a c section prop yourself up a bit in bed and try not to pull yourself up, roll to the side and push yourself up with your hands. It does not pull you and your not worried about tearing.

You will not rip stitches by walking around, getting up from sitting down or moving. It may feel like it so take it slow but remember it would take a lot to hurt yourself.

never feed bubba cold milk it can cause colic and is not nice to bubba [some hospitals do not heat them up now which is horrible so always ask for a kettle or heated milk when in hospital]

If bubbas head is slightly dented at the top [dont be afraid] give them a drink they will need one. keep a eye on it and if it is indented too much go to your gp nine times out of ten it is nothing but best to go rather than worry.

cot mobiles are brilliant but if you can get one with sounds and one which puts pictures on the ceiling it will last you YEARS

Do not be afraid to tell people no in the street if your uncomfortable with strangers touching your baby. Believe me it will shock you how many do it.

When your pregnant again with your bump if you do not like people touching it let them know as strangers always want to touch the bump and for me i found it weird

top and tail bubba cleaning them rather than bathing if weather is a bit nippy it will keep them clean and allow you to bath the next day when heating is high.

Do not place toys which have gem eyes. for instance teddies you will get them from friends for the baby and a lot of the time they have eyes instead of just marks bubba could swallow them as she grows.

A dummy or pacifier does not make you a bad mum it can comfort them both my kids had them and at 16 months they both let them go easily.

Vics works wonders on a sniffly baby but very very small ammount on there back only

When people come from for the first 3 months there not guests they can help themselves do not feel you must stand to attention.

if the house is a mess forget it, you have to concentrate on bubba and yourself no one will think your a slob for having washing needing to be done or a cluttered house you have just had a baby

When bubba is sleeping do not let anyone hold them it will disturb there sleep pattern and making it harder on you.

biggrin

More importantly remember this is your baby and no one has a right to tell you how you should be doing things. You will make mistakes we all do and i am a second time mum and still make mistakes. Every baby is different and will tell you what they want.

Do not feel bullied into doing anything if your not ready to have mass people over tell them, everyone will want to rush to see the baby and it will be too much for you so tell them two to four people max if they are extremely close to you and let them help themselves to drinks and stuff.

your bringing baby up not grandparents or brothers or sisters so if you do not agree with something tell them end of the day you need to know these family members will do what you do which will be easier when there older.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 am
I've found that one of the best pieces of advice I got when my son was born was that if he's fed, clean, burped, warm, and safe, it's okay to let him cry. Sometimes babies cry just because they can. Sometimes they cry because they're tired. While that might no make sense to you or me, that's just how they are. Rock them for a little while, lay them down and let them fall asleep. If you have a feeling that something wrong (they haven't pooped in a couple days, etc) call your doctor. Their could be something wrong.

Another useful hint. Do not put loose blankets on a baby while they're sleeping. if you want to put a blanket with them, swaddle them in it. If you lay a loose blanket over them they might grab onto it in their sleep and accidentally kill themselves. Also: Always lay the child on their back when they are sleeping. Once in a while on their stomach is alright but in their crib it's safer to have them on their back. (some of this seems obvious when you think about it, but some people don't think of it) Talk to your child. About anything and everything. The sound of your voice soothes them and it helps build a stronger, closer bond.

One of the things my son loved doing was being held up with his feet on the floor of my legs and pushing off with his legs. It was great exercise and sometimes it helped him stop crying. I know that they make a little baby seat for doorways where the child can bounce up and down in it. This might be helpful to you at some point.  

luna-spiritu-solis

Invisible Prophet

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers