Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Of Omens and Amusements Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:38 pm
I have a few random superstitions that I keep up. And I can only think of one of them now.
I honestly believe that if your toilet is visible from inside the house then all your money will go down the loo. *translation from australian, loo means toilet* so I HAVE to keep the door closed to the bathroom before I leave the house.
OH! and you can't look at your relfection while you are eating at the dinner table because it will eat up your beauty.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:27 pm
I be me
I have a few random superstitions that I keep up. And I can only think of one of them now.
I honestly believe that if your toilet is visible from inside the house then all your money will go down the loo. *translation from australian, loo means toilet* so I HAVE to keep the door closed to the bathroom before I leave the house.
OH! and you can't look at your relfection while you are eating at the dinner table because it will eat up your beauty.
I have a similar one in my house- but it's about leaving the lid and seat up.

It's so hard for people to remember when they visit that I actually put a sign up on the door that says something to the effect of "Put it down or the Dragon of unhappieness will fly up your bum".

(Good news! I have a cheap camera at my disposal and so images of tools and what not will be soon in coming!)  

TeaDidikai

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:18 pm
there's only one superstitious-like thing that i do regularly which is, when im walking with one person (or more) and we come to a pole, do not split it, everyone must walk around it on the same side...ive heard that if you don't, then you and the person you walk with will end up going seperate ways in the future xp kinda silly i guess

oh and i heard of one that amuses me...i was walking with my boyfriend and for a few weeks an almost solid black cat followed us around. well, one day while we were walking back to my house, we passed by two girls. when they realized that a black cat had crossed their path, they freaked out and one of the girls told her friend to pull her hair for her...she looked to be on the verge of a break down and she only calmed down when i showed her a little spot of white on the cat's neck lol i probably shouldn't laugh at that but i cant help it sweatdrop ive never heard of anything like that before  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:30 pm
TheDisreputableDog

my family says 'rabbits rabbits rabbits' as our first words on the first of each month

I do it too, though I just say "rabbit rabbit." I wish I knew where it REALLY came from, as I got it from Nickelodeon. They used to have a bit where every day was a different, sort of silly day (ie, Dessert Before Dinner Day), but the first of every month was Rabbit Rabbit Day. I've been doing this every month since I was like 7 or 8 years old.

I also don't take my engagement ring off, except washing my hands in sinks with very large drains. And I would NEVER let anyone else try it on.  

MST3Kakalina

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:26 am
I know I never cut my hair when a family member is in danger.

It's interesting to see the line between omens, superstitions and traditions blur.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:14 pm
And here I was thinking about cutting my hair when my Dede is recovering from a heart attack. eek

My mom-mom always says that if your nose itches, you'll either kiss a fool or meet a stranger, or if your palm itches, you'll come into some money, though it's more of a tradition to say that if someone says their palm or nose itches than to actually take it as an omen.  

MST3Kakalina

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:29 pm
MST3Kakalina
And here I was thinking about cutting my hair when my Dede is recovering from a heart attack. eek

My mom-mom always says that if your nose itches, you'll either kiss a fool or meet a stranger, or if your palm itches, you'll come into some money, though it's more of a tradition to say that if someone says their palm or nose itches than to actually take it as an omen.
I'm familiar with those "itch" omens.

And look at how the "ears burning" omen has become so crosscultural.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:55 am
TeaDidikai
MST3Kakalina

I'm familiar with those "itch" omens.

And look at how the "ears burning" omen has become so crosscultural.
the ringing as well.

i remember when i went on my high school trip, i had the hiccups and the teacher's aid told me this.

"think of three people (i think of the gender one is attracted to). if your hiccups stop, the one in the middle likes you"

it stopped the hiccup and for the rest of the day, i somehow convinced myself that prince william secretly desired me...without even meeting me eek *stalker!*

xp  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:25 pm
I have a rather superstitious friend who believes that whenever her nose itches it means she's gonna get in an arguement with someone. She then lightly slaps your hand and makes you slap hers, then shake hands and it's all settled. It's like having a pretend arguement to make the omen be fulfilled in a nice way.
Also if the clasp of a necklace turns around to show in front it means someone's thinking of you. She then thinks of three people and puts out a finger for each. Someone else chooses a finger, and it's that person who was thinking of her. It sounds reasonably complicated, and as far as I know has barely ever been accurate. It's a sort of omen thing though.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:10 am
Necklace slasps mean someone is thinking of you? I always heard when you turn it around you get a wish.  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:23 am
TeaDidikai
Necklace slasps mean someone is thinking of you? I always heard when you turn it around you get a wish.
I've heard that too. I've also heard that when you get a dose of the hiccups it means someone's thinking of you.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff