Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1 v 1] Please don't kill me ( Deryk / Amrita ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:40 pm
Well there was that, though Deryk had to wonder if everything was still spooky and the like. In a way he also realized that he was kinda still doing his job. Research and Intel and all.

"Me? Yeah. From a state called California. Very sunny place. Warmer than here too. Human world also has 12 different months . You said it's always October. Do you count years then?? Or just months that go by."

Only having one month seemed confusing to him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 pm
"...State? What kind of a state ic..Cal-i-for-neea?" She visibly struggled with the foreign word, trying to scan her own lexicon for anything similar; of course, she drew a huge blank. What was a state, anyway? LIke...a state of happiness? A state of sadness? 'California' must be something important, because it was long.

"Our months are just...First October through Twelveth October. What are your months called? We count years, yes. Don't you?" This was just...really confusing. Humans were strange creatures to begin with, but this was just outlandish. The patchwork shifted then, moving to sit on her hip, her legs tucked in against her side; clearly she was comfortable enough to relax in front of him, finding him unthreatening. That did not mean however, that she wouldn't change her mind if he gave even a hint of violence.

"How old are you? How long have you been doing...this?" She at least tried to hide the disgust in her voice, both hands extending to gesture to, well, all of him. Mainly his outfit. Because he was a Hunter.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:36 pm
"Kinda big. Usually sunny. And warm. It's one of the coastal states in the country I'm from too. So lots of beaches in a way," Deryk replied, not quite realizing that she misunderstood what 'state' meant in this case. He was, however, amused with her attempt to say california and even grinned lightly at that.

"The months? January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December. And yes. Currently 2012 for us," he answered. When he saw her relax, he did as well. No violence breaking out just yet.

"As for me. Um. 23. Almost 24. Been... a hunter for less than a year. Maybe... more like... Nine months? Sounds about right. Um. What about you? To... age and.. how long you've been.. er.. I guess fighting."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:22 pm
Amrita let the subject of this...California go. It wasn't getting her anywhere other than further into confusion, and that wasn't what she wanted right now.

"That seems like a lot to remember." She mused, tilting her head a little bit before perking up. "...Really? That's our year, too!" Interesting! She wanted to ask if it ran the same way theirs did, too. Maybe it was backwards in the human world! Maybe they counted down?! Somehow, she couldn't bring herself to ask.

"Umm...That's...kind of a hard question. I was born fifteen years ago but...when they built this for me~" She gestured to her own body. "They said I had everything to be physically sixteen or seventeen? So um...I don't...really know how to answer that." Age never really mattered to her, it wasn't something she often thought about. But since she was thinking about it now, she really couldn't answer it very well, and that to her was kind of weird. "I've been fighting for over a year now...I didn't think I'd have to fight for my life between classes, but...I guess how it's gotta be." The Patchwork gave a weak laugh, her arms coming up to hold herself, backward hands squeezing patchy flesh. She held herself for a moment and then let her arms fall lax.

"Why are you doing this to us?" She couldn't - and wouldn't - stop the overwhelming hurt edge into her voice.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:37 pm
Deryk's eyes widened in interest for a moment. The same year? Huh. How about that. But, then he stared at her rather curiously.

"Built..? That isn't your body? Er. Normal... body I mean. Guess that would explain the stitches. Um. But. What are you then?" he asked, genuinely curious on this. He didn't know they could build bodies for themselves. In a way, he guessed it was kind of like having a golem?

"Do you have other bodies?" he asked but then fell silent as the conversation took a bit more of a serious turn. He frowned and glanced down.

"Can't..speak for the others too much. Me? I just.. I wanted to help the human race. And well. I heard these stories... and they do have truth to them. First mission I had as a hunter? Found giant ... undead... thing in human world desert. It.. It had hundreds. Hundreds of dead bodies gathered," he said, shuddering at the memory.

"Lots of the things I fight are like that. Was a black dog in another area maiming people's pets. That one almost killed me too. Want to keep those out of our world. Personally... don't really want to deal with you guys. Civvies. But. Lots of times when I see you, get attacked. Or fight breaks out. Feels like I should help my fellow hunters.. so I fight with. Or defend self. Or friends. Something like that. Doesn't always work," he said while holding up his left hand where the missing finger was, "One of your peers did that. In this house."

Deryk let out a sigh.

"Aware some things done are not.... nice. Not sure what to do about those. Just.. gotta follow orders. But. none of this probably matters to you much. Just 'nother hunter, right?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:38 pm
"It is, now." Amrita corrected, absently smoothing her backward hands down the flat of her stomach, curving to stretch down her thighs to rest awkwardly on her knees. "I was...upgraded. This is my body. I'm an Undead." On a technicality, really. Like hell she was going to tell a Human the truth about herself! Thus, she gave him a look at the idea of other bodies. "No, of course not. Once I don't need one, I bury it properly." Which also wasn't a lie; but again, she wasn't going to tell him she was considering getting a second body built.

"So why don't you just focus on the ones causing you harm? Doesn't it seem wrong to you to attack, kidnap, maim and permanently kill children? Teens?" Amrita was practically a child when the Hunters first came around, after all. Her hackles were raising, finding all of this incredibly unfair; but it faltered a little, as she was shown his hand with a missing finger. At first she didn't imagine it was that odd; she lost her fingers all the time, but something someone else said resonated with her. Humans only had one shot. There was no reforming.

Weirdo.

"Who?" It was just one finger, which was...kind of odd. She was curious now, partially to try and understand why, but to also get a better grasp of who on her end was willing to fight. Maybe it was a seeds member? Hmm. She didn't answer his likely rhetorical question, still on the fence on how to think about this, and him. She hated him for everything he stood for, for everything he was associated with...but on a more personal level, she supposed he wasn't too bad.

Sadly, she had a feeling being friendly to her once wouldn't change everything else.
|  

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 pm
Oh. That was interesting. Undead could upgrade their bodies. He wondered if it was like upgrading a computer with swapping out parts for better ones and all. Hm. It was an interesting concept to say in the least. However, Deryk stopped thinking about that as Amrita asked him a rather heavy question.

His gaze dropped to the floor as he fell silent there. Slowly, he glanced around him, as if worried someone might overhear.

"...Yes."

The hunter took in a deep breath after that, "But. Orders are orders. Not a leader. Don't call the shots. Disobeying orders... leads to big problems. I bet you've seen Caelius before. He.. well... I bet he wouldn't have issues cuttin' off one of our heads if something goes wrong."

He had caught sight of him turning Circe on hunters. Not quite attacking, but getting pretty damn close. And then there was Simon. Disobeying orders would be inefficient right?

At the question of who, he frowned and got himself to relax a bit again.

"Dunno its name. Call it Malfatto. Plague doctor. Metal wings. Super pissed to see me. Hadn't seen it before but it definitely wanted me dead."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 pm
Shock hit Amrita like a brick.

Out of everything she had been expecting, his answer was completely out of left field. Now she really wasn't sure waht to think about him. There was a loud part of her screaming to distrust him, that he was lying to get her to drop his guard...yet deep down, she wanted to believe him. She wanted to believe that there were Hunters out there who opposed the 'system' so to speak.

"...R-really...?" She stared at him for a few more moments, her eye still wide with shock...and when he mentioned Caelius it fled, her gaze then dropping to the ground almost heavily. "So...he's a menace even to his own people?" That was...sad. Very sad. "If he was gone...do you think everything would change?" Amrita wanted Caelius gone; he had been the one to twist her, to instill a paranoia in her...and all he had done was sprout her name, and make mention of something personal to her. Of course after that he stabbed Riley, maimed several of her classmates, and generally made lives hell in the worst possible way.

Recognition flashed over her features as Deryk gave a description of the one who took his finger. Plague Doctor sold it of course, but she would never tell him how close to it's true name he had gotten. She seemed to struggle with something then, torn between wanting to give a reason for the violence and not wanting to give any further information to one of them.

Sadly, Amrita was never good at masking how she really felt, and her indecision was clear even in her body language, as she shifted slightly where she sat.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:09 pm
"Probably not. Other leaders and all. He's just one. s**t... Hope no one can hear this," Deryk said while nervously looking around again.

"Besides... lots of the others. They don't feel bad. Think you're all just savages. Or something. Believe you deserve all of it. One gone won't make much of a difference for that," he said while shifting in place. Shaking his head, he took in a deep breath and looked up at Amrita. He saw recognition upon her features.

"You know who I'm talking about. But. Doesn't really matter. Maybe taking finger quenched its vengeance a bit. Probably not. But.. maybe."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:11 pm
It put some perspective on the Hunters as a whole, knowing that this one was hesitant about it. If this one felt that way, there had to be others, right? The whole group couldn't be ruthless murderers, after all! The ghoul had taken to fidgeting as she pondered the situation, both backward hands twisting her hair over her shoulder.

Amrita nodded a confirmation to Deryk's words, her gaze dropping sadly. Yes, she knew who that was. "It's...really not like it, I promise." Poor Malodore...they did take it's mate, after all. She was still torn between telling Deryk the truth and keeping it quiet for fear of giving information to the enemy, but she could at least give a vague explanation as to what happened. "I'm very sorry about your finger." One hand left her hair long enough to look at it, her fingers spread. Some of her digits had been stitched to the base, but she had a few that weren't.

One of the latter were grabbed, and with a sickening twist and crunch the bone connecting it to the base was broken. After that it was a simple tug that tore the dead flesh free, offering her now equally severed finger out as some sort of strange, morbid peace offering.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm
"Wouldn't think it is normally. It said something about me taking 'her' away. So.. someone it lost was because of something we did it sounds like. People get angry at those sort of things. Humans sure do," Deryk said while glancing towards the ground, "And er. Don't worry about it. Should have fled sooner before that could happen. It was angry. Very angry."

Frowning, the hunter soon let out a sigh before looking over Amrita's hand as she was looking it over herself. Though, he soon cringed as she pulled one of her fingers free and offered it to him. The hunter paled a little visibly at seeing that. That just.

Kind of.

Creeped him out a little.

"...Er. Thanks but. Doesn't quiteworkthatway. You could.. put finger back on. Yes," he said.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:59 pm
"It sounds like Halloween and Humans aren't that different." Amrita commented idly, pondering the parallels against what she knew and what this Hunter was telling her. Granted this one could have been lying to her to get her to drop her guard, but...she wanted to believe otherwise. She liked this Hunter, for what it was worth.

"You sound like Shun!" Amrita puffed out her cheeks as Deryk refused her finger, shifting again to lift her knees in front of her, making a makeshift table. She didn't realize that she had sprouted a name of a friend, too busy wondering if maybe she should stop giving peace offerings altogether. Her complete hand reached into her mass of black hair, drawing free an already threaded needle, a small spindle of thick thread pulling from one of her pockets.

"I've asked a lot of questions...is there anything you want to ask me?" She murmured, her gaze down to focus on stitching her own finger back on.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:13 pm
"Something I figured out too. Mean.. you guys feed off our emotions and stuff like that but... at the core.. not too different. S'why just.. would rather keep fighting the ones messing things up in the human world. No problems cuttin' them down," he said. The monsters and stuff he encountered that way also had a tendency to not talk. They just usually roared while tearing things up. That also made it considerably easier to deal with.

Plus the fact that he was usually fighting for his life in those situations.

That was also very helpful.

"Er... Shun?" Deryk blinked. He wasn't sure which thing he said made him sound like this Shun person. As Amrita went to reattach her finger, he tilted his head and watched with a sense of morbid curiosity. So she had to stitch it back on?

"Some.. yes. Um. Your hands and feet. Backwards... always like that? Or... injury?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:23 pm
Yup. She liked this one.

"That's how I look at it. The ones I know for sure that hurt us...those are the ones I go after." Amrita sighed softly, staring at the ground for a moment before looking up at Deryk once more. There was something more she wanted to say, but she kept quiet for now, instead keen on fixing her finger and answering whatever question he had.

"My friend." She said simply. Was Shun her friend? They were on decent enough terms she supposed...though he didn't look too happy with her over the whole Yearbook thing. But that was assuredly not her fault, or so she would insist. Maybe she should ask him one day!

"Always like this~" She confirmed in a distracted tone, her tongue sticking out of her fleshy lips in concentration. Even if she wanted to elaborate she wouldn't, since this was a sign of possession and she really couldn't risk letting the Hunter know what she really was and could do. "Next?" She trailed off again, flipping her hand from palm up to palm down to keep working, the movemtny looking entirely awkward.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:37 pm
Deryk just nodded quietly to Amrita as she commented on who to go after and who this Shun guy was. Fair enough.

"Mean.. yeah you guys can be scary and not everyone likes to be scared but.. some people do. People wouldn't make scary movies or stuff like that if they didn't," he said with a frown. As with anything, they just needed a limit. Eliminating fear completely sounded... dangerous.

"Ah. See... umm... What sorta things do you learn? Like.. classes 'n stuff. Highschool right?"  
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff