Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Are Asians too thin/skinny? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Asians too skinny?
  Yes
  No
  I have no idea
View Results

Pow in the Wow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:19 pm
nopee, because i've seen some really fat asians here in Canada, and in the states. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:23 pm
well, statistically, onli like 1/3 of azns are a little overweight (and i think thats too big of a number)

anyways i think its all da rice we eat. hasn't anyone noticed that if you eat azn food, it fills you up...but then an hour later, your hungry again? plus the high metabolism most azns have keeps them slim. i guess its mostly about diet tho.

hahah i get called toothpick alot but then i started to feel like i was getting insulted...cuz isn't that implying that your flat or sumthing? for a girl that is. xDD  

Icetyphoon

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

XShadowMistressX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:40 pm
I think it has to do with the culture and the metabolism. Most asians have high metabolism that I know.
And comparing the asians in asian countries with the ones in America- there's quite a bit more overweight Asians in America than in Asian countries. I think it's american food...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 pm
Some asians are really skiny though they eat like mad. Im not that skinny and neither am i fat. I am asian and i stay fit though i eat twice as much as my other friends while exercizing alot too. Those asians are jsut really lucky with their high metabolism.  

Asian_Invasion_Girl

Floodwater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:36 pm
xPure Sorrowx
My mom says Asians are skinny, 'cause they eat too much vegetables.

That's what I get all the time. I eat a lot, but my family has a considerably balanced diet (my mother's a nutritionist, you should see the inside of our fridge).

I blame my slender stature on my high metabolism. I eat tonnes. But I am also on my school's dance and swim teams.

The largest guy in my school is Asian, so I can only see that statement as a stereotype.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:38 pm
We're skinny in american standards but if u were in Asia u would be normal  

MadGerbil

t o x i c l i p s t i c k

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:30 pm
Nayrune
darkangel_suki-san
Not all Asians are toothpick-skinny. Ok........maybe we are. sweatdrop

Lol

Ok , forget what I just said. But we're kinda catching up to people who aren't as skinny.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:54 pm
not all asians are skinny.
i mean look at me ><

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

`co0kie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:05 pm
im trying to gain not lose  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:24 pm
um... we are skinny, i guess... but I don't think we're too skinny. I mean.. look at those models strolling the catwalk 4laugh
Most of them are skinnier than us ^^
well... skinnier than me anyway sweatdrop  

mikotan

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:00 pm
It's true that we are skinny. It's because of the fact there's not much meat or food in our countries but plenties of vegetables. Here, you have so much foods. That's why some are bigger [No offense to those people D:].

On the other side, it's not very true that we are all skinny. It depends on our metabolism, what you eat, how you eat.

All I can say, most of Asians are skinny.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:26 pm
No no no no! Don't leave the sumos out of the Asian category. They're Asian too! D= By the way, I'm not skinny. =] I guess I'm okay with my size. I'm not skinny or fat.  

Night Rain55

bigboypinoy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:07 pm
I'm asian (Filipino to be exact)... I'm 5 feet 10 inches tall and weigh about 245 pounds right now...

Would you call that skinny?

I used to weigh 220 pounds... and I wasn't even skinny then...

When the weather warms up I'm gonna start jogging again and get rid of that extra weight though... I looked a whole lot better back then... I could probably even get my weight down to 210 pounds and still look alright...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 am
Whoa Im skinny...  

Shari-hotsu

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Cart Raider 100

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:45 am
I have a little fat. I have mostly muscle now since i work out alot now.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff