Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Portkey to the Cup! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HPGoG Train Conductor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:24 am
The Crimson Group's riddle has been released, and since it's due to jump in 4 days!

Riddle Tip: The clues of the riddle will tell you a subforum, a topic, a page number, and the object that you're looking for. Happy Hunting!

EmrysStorm generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 28!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:28 pm
Pan was so excited to be able to go to the Quidditch World Cup. The stories he's heard from last years (along with the food poisoning) sounded amazing!
"Alright! I'm on Portkey 2, and there's already some people here!"

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 pm
"Crumpled Rag" I wonder what that could mean....What do you think Echo, any ideas? Amanda asks the Ravenclaw student.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Riku Masen generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 99!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Riku jumps in line to get assigned her portkey.

Riku gets handed a slip of paper declaring her in group 4. "Looks like I got a bit of a wait ahead of me."

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

HPGoG Train Conductor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:22 pm
Attention!
The
Royal Blue Group has accumulated enough members to release their entire riddle!!!
Each member of that group will receive +10 House Points for this achievement!

For the remaining groups, please note that unless the group accumulates 4+ members ahead of time the entire riddle will be released 4 days before jump time (and no House Points will be awarded).

If you want the points, bring in the members!!!!!!

((
Grey Group's riddle will be released tomorrow, unless more member are assigned to that group.))

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:26 pm
After much thought Amanda couldn't figure out what could be meant by "crumpled rag" decided to instead try the hufflepuff route of finding it. Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders you know. Much to her dismay she did not have enough information and wanders back to see if any other students have been assigned to key 3.

Hi Riku! Looks like you're the first one with your portkey. I feel like I haven't seen you in a while! Amanda says as she waives and plops down on a nearby bench with a book, looking slightly defeated.

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:44 am
Echo reads the first two lines of the riddle. For the first time in her life, she is completely stumped. A riddle than even a Ravenclaw cannot solve! Echo thought she had plenty of practice answering the eagle knocker's questions, but apparently not. She sits down next to Amanda and pulls out a book, deciding to wait until another line of the riddle is released.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 pm
The Grey Group's riddle has been released! You have 4 days before jump time!

Remember recruiting members is one of the most important things you could do for the guild at this point!!!!

Royal Blue Group you have until tomorrow to find your portkey!!!!!
Grey Group you have until July 10th to find your portkey!!!!!!!
Orange Group you have until July 11th to find you're portkey!!!!!!!

HPGoG Train Conductor

HPGoG Train Conductor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:02 pm
Crimson Group's Portkey is Glowing!!!!!
Hurry and touch it, nonexistent Crimson Group members!!!!

User Image

To see the solution of the riddle click "show spoiler"

I’ll spin you the yarn of the young clabbert’s tail,
While the tail of its brother was gaudy and catching and clearly longer than the day,
The young clabbert’s tail was short and stout and without the slightest detail,
But when running from fiends he then had the means of always slipping away.

The answer is in Spinner's End, HPGoG Hogwarts Story (the new one), on pg 1, you'll find an old sneaker.
HERE

It's a bit of a play on words, where "tail" means both the end of an animal, and "tale" as in "a story." So "Spinning a story about the end of an animal, refers to the subforum "Spinner's End."
Then, in the next line, "tail of the brother" would indicate that the topic is a remake of some sort, that there's another topic similar to it in some way, that is much longer. (perhaps suggesting one of the survivor games or the HPGoG Hogwarts story)
From the third line we gather that the topic we're looking for is rather new (denoted by the fact that the clabbert is "young") and relatively short.
And then lastly, "running away" signifies that the portkey was a sneaker.

All in all the topic is only 1 page anyways, so as soon as you figured out what the topic was, finding the portkey was relatively simple.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:13 pm
Ugh-Uhh.... Since you're having some troubles.... I'll give you a few more tips...

• The first line of every riddle will always refer to the subforum in which you can find the portkey. (i.e. Spinner's End, The White Tomb, Heard It In the Hallways, etc)

• The Thesaurus is very useful, pick a word in the riddle and think about other words that mean the same thing, and then see if anything clicks.

• Remember each line should translate into a subforum, a topic, a page number, and an object. Though not necessarily in that order (apart from the subforum being first).

HPGoG Train Conductor

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:32 pm
Amanda runs up. Beliving she has found her portkey.Echo look! She says excitedly!

Code:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:42 pm
Echo runs back to the train station, a crumpled rag in her hand. "I found the portkey!" she shouts.

User Image

at the top: Care Taker's Office
Crumpled rag - portkey
Black jack - page 21
Beetle's den - HM office (Rita Skeeter!)

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:44 pm
"We seem to have found it within 10 minutes of each other!" Echo says, laughing. "You beat me though - I should have known: Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:36 pm
My fellow royal blue portkey lookers, I think our portkey is in the Staff Room!!  

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers