Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Roleplays
Magic Vs. Tech (Open and Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:50 pm
Sollemnis watched warily as the human mage entered the shop. Usually the place was left alone. Books to most people these days were like pieces of trash just sitting around to collect dust and take up space. But not to her. Books were like... a small glimpse of the knowledge that everyone had collected and recorded over the years. Some of it was even art, like the stories that had been made up by creative authors long ago. Sollemnis sighed, It's been a while since I've read a good story... just for my enjoyment.

But then she steeled herself, setting her mouth into a hard line. A small smile had begun to take root on her face as she remembered the books of a long time back. She tore it off. But now I have no time for enjoyment. Not in a world that has changed to something like this.

For a moment, the ebony-winged magician focused her hearing on the human using the silver necklace of hers. Finding nothing of interest to her in that short time, she let go and spread her reach to the surrounding area, again on the alert for sounds that were out of place.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 pm
As I neared the edge of the Marketplace, I saw the scientist towers. The one that signaled the entrance to Dawn. I averted my gaze. If I entered there, I would never come out. I had come to believe science would tear me appart and study me. I was afraid of that. I didn't want to be a science experiment. At least with magic, most things were fixable or reversable. Science, if there was a huge explosion, nothing could fix it quickly. Then again I had heard of Cyborgs, mechanical humans that were unnaturally strong and very keen to their surroundings. I sighed and entered the herd shop. The shopkeeper was very familiar with me. I was always in here.
"Hello Rachelle, are you back again?" The little old lady sounded very happy to see me.
"Yes, I am, my experiment went horribly. I just can't get the darned spell right! I need new herbs if you may." I replied. I had been trying to create a spell to allow duplication until the desired amount was available. It was simpler than having to do the same spell, over and over again.
Penelope went into the back room to gather my spices while I waited. I noticed a bookstore diagonally across from this shop I turned away as Penelope emrged carrying the bags.
"Alright deary, you know the amount." I did. I pulled out the money and snatched my parcels from the counter.
"Thanks, Madame, I might come back, but this should last me a few more tries." I smiled at her and left. I changed course from home to the store. No fault in browsing right? My mind kept wandering back to the towers. Well, I guess if I looked human and didn't use my powers infront of to many people I could pass as a Science believer. Maybe I'd run into my parents. After browsing the store for a while I walked towards the distant towers. I can do this! I told myself. As I neared the towers my heart raced. I clearly saw the unmarked boundry line between cities. I took a step over the line closing my eyes and holding my breath. Nothing came to attack me. I heaved a huge sigh and continued on. The city was all shiny and tall compared to mine. I gazed around in awe. It was a wonder these buildings didn't topple over. I continued walking, a store caught my eye. It was shabby compared to the city, but it looked like home to me! Happily, I crossed the threshold and found myself in another bookstore. This one contained science books. No harm looking. I began to browse the shelves for anything interesting.

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

NastyNate27

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:26 pm
As Dread gazed around the area he noticed not one, but two people without an I.F.F. implant enter the bookstore. People without an I.F.F. implant, without a microchip that identified someone as a citizen of Yeron, did not belong in the cities of technological wonder. Dread had found the suspicious targets.

Dread grabbed the laser pistol magnetically attached to his left hip, bringing up a small report [[Standard issue sidearm Laser Pistol. Battery level at 13% recharge immediately]]. With the pistol aimed toward the sky, the large mechanical warrior started walking towards the bookstore. His objective had always been the same simple order since the day he was programmed. Terminate all hostile forces and if possible, detain any Magicians.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:59 am
Dust swirled in the air, though the books were in good condition, Leo noted when he first entered the bookstore. Roving across the titles, Leo pulled a book from the second shelf, the blue cloth of the cover cool against his hands. The first few pages were blank as he flipped past them, his eyes devouring the lines of text.

"Amazing." He murmured under his breath as he looked up at the ceiling, his mind on the possibilities. The sound of the door awoke him from his thoughts as he looked up to see a white haired girl walk in, a real smile on her face. Leo slipped slowly backwards into a patch of shadows as he watched her, slightly peeved that she had interrupted his train of thought.

She was probably a mage with that style of dress, he mentally mused, his eyes looking out the window. Then he saw the man that stood there, weapon drawn. Turning back for a second look, Leo's eyes widened at the AI that stood there. Mentally cursing, Leo made a split second decision to avoid confrontation and attempt to escape the AI.

Quickly approaching the old man at the counter, he quickly bought the book and began to walk to the back, knowing there was a door back there before he stopped and cast a glance at the girl. Heaving a small sigh, a smile slipped on his face as he turned to talk to the girl.

"Be careful, an AI is coming our way, he's might try to kill us so you better get out of here fast."

tying15

Dedicated Sage

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:28 am
Sollemnis bristled with fury as the grinding mechanical sound made by the AI came to her mind, channeled by the silver necklace. Her gaze settled upon it second, and she swore at it under her breath. Unsure of whether or not the machine had taken any notice of her, she slipped her fingers around the cold edge of the chakram and stood. Unfurling her enormous dark wings, she waited for a light breeze to pick up, then glided down to the ground near the entrance of the small store. The winged magician tucked her necklace into her blouse to keep it from hanging free -- no need to give the machine any advantage. With her free hand, she touched the jeweled pommel of the sword at her hip, murmuring a swift prayer to any divine being that would even care enough to listen.

With one hand hovering over the hilt of her sword and the other clutching her precious chakram, white-knuckled, she lifted her chin and stood straighter. Her wings were outstretched behind her, as if to make her look more intimidating.

She stood there.

And waited.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:29 pm
I looked around towards the front of the store at the male's words. "Thanks." I murmered and then looked for a place to hide or escape. The front was non-accesiable because of the AI.There had to be a back door, there was always a back door right? I moved inconspiciously towards the counter top and snatched a random book in the process. I placed some money on the counter for the book. I peeked behind the shopkeeper and saw a back room. There had to be an exit! I grabbed the book, stuck it in my satchel and went towards the back room. The man looked at me strange. "I need to leave a different route." I just said and continued back. This had been a bad, bad idea! I knew I should never have left the safety of my city!  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

NastyNate27

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:02 am
Dread watched his targets move towards the back of the store and knew he was moments from losing his targets. He would run after them but his knee joints were not designed to handle such movement. His next choice was a dangerous one that he had successfully executed several times before.

The machine leaned as far onto his large robotic toes as he could and started the turbines built into his lower legs, which glowed a soft orange when activated. It took only one point nine seconds for the turbines to reach maximum speed. It took a moment for Dread to calculate his trajectory and correct the position of his feet accordingly, and dismiss the warning that always appeared in his vision [[Jump jets are only to be used for upward travel or decreasing fall speed. Please correct posture accordingly.]]. On his command, the rockets in his heels, powered by the turbines, ignited, scorching the pathway and propelling the large robot towards the bookstore.

Dread slammed into the thick, shatterproof glass which was only intended to stop or deflect small to medium size projectiles. Not a seven foot, five hundred pound, mechanical soldier traveling at nearly sixty kilometers per hour. Dread was amused by that thought as the doors easily shattered and sprayed glass fragments around the main section of the store. He adjusted his posture and landed exactly where he calculated, not even noticing the extensive damage to the floor caused by his landing.

Without facing the owner of the shop, Dread walked towards the door that lead to the back of the shop. The door the Magicians had used to escape. If he had the ability to, Dread would have let out a menacing laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:59 am
As he followed the girl out the back door, his purchase tightly clamped beneath his arm, Leo could hear a buzzing or whirring of some sort. Casting a quick look back, he froze for a moment when he saw the AI hovering above the ground, its turbines powering up as it aimed for the doors. "The eternal question, fight or flight." He muttered under his breath, an odd smile on his face.

Flinching as the sound of shattering glass, a heavy sigh made its way to his lips as he moved down the darkly lit alleyway, his bag heavy on his back. "I can't use my violin on that AI, at least...I don't think it'll work." He mused to himself as he continued his brisk pace down the alleyway. Looking back again, Leo paled when he saw the large AI nearing the door. Sighing resignedly, he turned around and placed his book in his bag with the violin. Any chances of outrunning it just went out the window. All that was left was to fight it.

Checking the dagger that was hidden up his sleeve, Leo slipped into a defensive position as he readied himself.

tying15

Dedicated Sage

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 am
I excited the door and looked back. I began running down the alley way. The best way to beat the AI. Outrun him. I saw the man who had helped me go into a defensive position. I could have to, but I didn't know any spells that would work. Unless . . . unless I could make the spell that likes to blow up in my face! But I don't have a cauldron. I could force the air back. It would take a lot of energy to hold back that humongous droid, but I could do it I had to! I pulled out my wand from the satchel and began muttering. Calling wind to me, preparing a tornado of sorts. "Hey you! I'd suggest getting behind me. This is going to be one hell of a storm!" I shouted. The wind had began picking up as the pressure wound itself around me. Swirling my dress and hair around. This was it. If I did this, I would be a part of this war. I would be going against my family. But this was for magic! Science ruined the Earth, made it die! This was the final moment. The wind pressurized itself and I awaited the cyborg to get close enough before I could let it go. The glass that had shattered would begin flying around, hopefully no civilans got stabbed by it. I took a deep breath and centered myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:09 am
Sollemnis simply stared, surprised, as the machine flew past her and into the bookstore, shattering the glass.

"What, I'm not good enough for you?" she muttered under her breath. Then she laughed, a chime-like sound that rang out into the air, and spread her wings. She took her necklace in her free hand, the other holding the chakram, and reached out, searching for the sound of the two magicians she had seen enter the now-destroyed store earlier. Ah, there you are.

She release her necklace and created a small wind gust, catching it with her wings and riding it back to the rooftop. She dashed across it to the other side, where the shop faced the alley. She smiled slightly as she watched the girl manipulate the wind.

Much to learn... the thought crossed the winged magician's mind briefly before she called out to them, "I see you've already met Big-Old-Machine-Guy back there!" her tone seemed to be joking, but there was an underlying seriousness in it. She beat her wings lightly, to keep from being pulled off of the rooftop by the vortex the girl was creating. Some power that girl has, she mentally remarked, but now was not the time for the winged to dilly-daddle. Sollemnis exhaled slowly and loosened her grip on her chakram slightly. She had held it so tightly that it had begun to dig into her hand, leaving a crimson scar of blood on her palm.

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

tying15

Dedicated Sage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:38 pm
Startled by the sudden intrusion of the blonde girl he had warned earlier, Leo stepped back behind her, resisting the urge to start attacking the A.I. Soon a deadly dance of shattered glass surrounded the two of them supported by the wind the girl wielded. Watching with interest at her high power levels, surprise lit up in the depths of his gray eyes.

A noise pierced the gale, drawing his attention as he turned up to see what made the sound of flapping wings. A rare, true smile flickered across his face as he caught sight of the black winged magician that he had seen earlier. So she had decided to join the battle? Her voice floated through the twister the girl was creating, barely audible through the whistling of the gusting wind.

Leo called back as he pulled his violin from his pack, thinking it might be a good time to test it on the A.I. and get a better outlook on its powers. "Yes, he seems to be angry for some inexplicable reason." He mused, keeping his tone light. Holding the bow loosely in his right hand, Leo prepared himself for the A.I.'s approach.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:11 pm
A winged mage spoke through the wind, hardly audible to me. My wind was whirling fiercly. My powers would be drained after this and I'd probablly be able to sleep for days! "This may be a weird time, but I'm Rachelle, and you are? I want to know the name of the person I fought with if I die." I shouted back towards the guy. He had pulled out a violin. I knew artifacts weilded powers, but I wasn't sure what a violin could do. I created a current to bring the mage to safety. It was her choice to ride it, but I left the option open for her. I directed my attention back to the AI that was attempting to attack is. Three on one hardly seemed fair, but when it was life or death, I'd fight unfairly. Plus, this wind could possibly cause buildings to topple over and glass to shatter upon impact. I was planning on directing it straight towards the center of the cyborgs chest so I could blow him back a few streets and manage an escape back to the safety of the magic city. I couldn't understand why the cyborg was attacking us. It wasn't like we were doing anything wrong. I was just trying to get a look at the city, maybe learn a few things. Magic and science mixed together would be more powerful than anything. THe weilder of both would be invincible. I was hoping I could manage a great power like that. Science was very intriguing. If I could weild the power of both magic and science, I could put an end to the war, poverty and miserable devastation. The Earth would come to life again rather than die! I kept myself centered and hoped the winged mage would take the air current to me and the could be savior.  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:42 pm
Sollemnis leaped from her place on the roof and rode the air current down to the other two mages. "Thanks for that," the winged woman shouted over the noise of the whipping wind. She squared her shoulders and her wings stretched out behind her as she took a solid stance with her chakram in her hand. One good throw... and I could shear off the head of that monster...

(Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been busy, but I'm back now!)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Dread made his way out through the back door of the bookshop and his sensors went wild. Several warnings of unusual air currents raced through his vision but he ignored them. It wouldn't be the first time he had fought a wind mage. But he would not just be fighting a wind mage,

The AI saw a young man with a violin, a winged holding a chakram, a white haired young woman. Dread knew anyone one of the three could be the one manipulating the air and that he could only take one shot before being hit himself. The winged was obviously the most immediate threat to him so aimed his laser pistol at her chest. However, before he could fire, text appeared in his vision.

[[New Objective: Capture Magician, subject must have minimal injuries]]

If he possessed the ability, Dread would have let out an irritated sigh. He did not understand the obsession his creators had with studying magic. If it were not for his loyalty programming, he would completely ignore the new objective.

NastyNate27

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:55 am
((I'm switching to third person.easier that way))

Rachelle was anticipating letting the wind go. If she was able to center it the AI would be out of commision just long enough for them to get away back to their city. If they so chose. Rachelle saw the AI come out of the building and pointed something at the winged mage. "I have on shot. So does it. If I miss or he doesn't go out of commision we need to run hard and fast. This is taking all of my energy!" Rachelle screamed over the wind torwards the two. Rachelle was getting weary and couldn't hold the wind. She felt bad for pushing the AI through the book store because it was such a lovely little place but it had to be done. Alright here goes nothing. Rachelle glared at the AI and sent the wind flying his way. It had all turned in one direction, straight at the AI's chest. It wouldn't destroy him, but it would damage him enough for a good get away. The whirlwind was so big if had wanted to dodge it, it would be very hard. Rachelle sent the whirlwind flying but had to stay focused until it made contanct so she didn't have to control it anymore. THe wind would disband if she didn't stay focused before contant. Rachelle watched the wind as if in slow motion go torwards the cyborg. THis is it, I have joined the war. I am going against my parents. Rachelle thought.  
Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff