Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Tomb Kings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

clockwork_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:37 pm
Wow, all the Tomb King bashing, come on now, I have a massive Tomb King Army, and in a 3K army, I dont have a one of the skelly regiment, reason being is because my entire army is built on beeing fast and powerful, two huge groups of Chariots, 3 units of the big Us and a bone giant, 4 tomb princes, one high priest and a tomb king, even bette,r he has the cloak of dunes, I can pratically engage any unit I want with him, destroy the unit as a unit of Usibathi move up, join to the unit then charge, he causes terror even, A tomb king army is built for speed and nothing more, speed and massive power between a few core specials, the scorpion is insanely mean for its cost and the big U's can cause fear in even an ogre army, trust, I have gone agaisnt it.

Thing is play Armies to there advantages, Tombs can gain their stuff back like the counts, but it wont matter if your destroying their units with beefed up prines and impact chariots.

On top of that, Tomb kings are one of the most potent magical users, not for the reason of the spells, but for the spells that have are automaticlly casted, thats right, you only roll for power level, that means he is constantly throwing away spell scrools for some thing you can simply cast again, plus the spells that have allow them to move freakishly fast, I can almost gurantee, my charoits will be in combat second turn

So, all you need to do is know how to play armies to their advantages and it all becomes super clear, only problem is fighting some that also knows how to use their own army.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:49 pm
Quote:
Wow, all the Tomb King bashing, come on now, I have a massive Tomb King Army, and in a 3K army, I dont have a one of the skelly regiment, reason being is because my entire army is built on beeing fast and powerful, two huge groups of Chariots, 3 units of the big Us and a bone giant, 4 tomb princes, one high priest and a tomb king, even bette,r he has the cloak of dunes, I can pratically engage any unit I want with him, destroy the unit as a unit of Usibathi move up, join to the unit then charge, he causes terror even, A tomb king army is built for speed and nothing more, speed and massive power between a few core specials, the scorpion is insanely mean for its cost and the big U's can cause fear in even an ogre army, trust, I have gone agaisnt it.

Thing is play Armies to there advantages, Tombs can gain their stuff back like the counts, but it wont matter if your destroying their units with beefed up prines and impact chariots.

On top of that, Tomb kings are one of the most potent magical users, not for the reason of the spells, but for the spells that have are automaticlly casted, thats right, you only roll for power level, that means he is constantly throwing away spell scrools for some thing you can simply cast again, plus the spells that have allow them to move freakishly fast, I can almost gurantee, my charoits will be in combat second turn

So, all you need to do is know how to play armies to their advantages and it all becomes super clear, only problem is fighting some that also knows how to use their own army.

Dude you suck, ur using tomb princes and tomb kings for magic? take a tomb king, and 3 liche priest's give them all 2 hieratic jars and then give ya tomb king cloak of dunes and armour of ages with an enchanted shield and u have a very hard tomb king. Then have about 4 units of 16 archers, fill the rest of the points up with two screaming skull catapults, 3 tomb scorpions and a huge unit of tomb guard, and if there are any more points then get 5 swarm bases. you have urself an indestructable army and without usin a bone giant (they suck a normal giant is so much better).  

Lycan_Angron

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:21 pm
Lycan_Angron
Quote:

Dude you suck, ur using tomb princes and tomb kings for magic? take a tomb king, and 3 liche priest's give them all 2 hieratic jars and then give ya tomb king cloak of dunes and armour of ages with an enchanted shield and u have a very hard tomb king. Then have about 4 units of 16 archers, fill the rest of the points up with two screaming skull catapults, 3 tomb scorpions and a huge unit of tomb guard, and if there are any more points then get 5 swarm bases. you have urself an indestructable army and without usin a bone giant (they suck a normal giant is so much better).

Let him use what he wants, there are many useful Combinations for a Army. Besides, if he is still using it, that means its working more than its failing.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:33 pm
he must be playin agianst a complete retard with concept of strategy and with a very very very pants army...  

Lycan_Angron

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:37 pm
Lycan_Angron
he must be playin agianst a complete retard with concept of strategy and with a very very very pants army...

Actually, he said his main tacctic was using SPEED, not Magic, and he seems to have a bunch of good, hard hitting troops. His army doesn't have to follow the basic undead stereotype(Overpowered leaders, no Strong Units, very high magic.)  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:42 pm
The undead stereotype? ohh like vampire counts? even though they have solid units like black coach and fell bats, and so on. though vampire counts are pretty hard spose...

I have been led to believe that the undead stereotype was speed (for tomb kings at least) as they are able to have heavy horseman light horseman, and chariots though non off them can march and so that makes them slow, and so not takin liche priest so they can move alot in magic phase means they army is infact slower than anything with movement 4 or more blaugh  

Lycan_Angron

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:47 pm
Lycan_Angron
The undead stereotype? ohh like vampire counts? even though they have solid units like black coach and fell bats, and so on. though vampire counts are pretty hard spose...

I have been led to believe that the undead stereotype was speed (for tomb kings at least) as they are able to have heavy horseman light horseman, and chariots though non off them can march and so that makes them slow, and so not takin liche priest so they can move alot in magic phase means they army is infact slower than anything with movement 4 or more blaugh

You do know about the General Rules and Battle Standard rules, right? Also, at least they only need 5+ to hit at shooting, while it sucks when shooting close units, its great at shooting at Long Range, Individual, Hard Cover Characters.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:08 pm
hey, Lycan_Angron. I think you forgot that you can only have one of each item on the board at a time (unless it's a Dispel Scroll or a Power stone)  

lord krok

Lycan_Angron

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:22 am
one use only items can you can have more than one of, such as dispel scrolls, and hieratic jars are basically power stones for tomb kings...

and Drachyench_The_Eternal i always hit on 5+ whether it is a charcter, long range, short range or anything, this may be bad up close but no other magic can give you more than one shooting phase...  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:12 am
Lycan_Angron
one use only items can you can have more than one of, such as dispel scrolls, and hieratic jars are basically power stones for tomb kings...

and Drachyench_The_Eternal i always hit on 5+ whether it is a charcter, long range, short range or anything, this may be bad up close but no other magic can give you more than one shooting phase...

I knew the shooting thing. And Tomb Scorpions aren't that great actually, I managed to beat one when it charged the Side of My Black Orc Unit. Then again, they were WS4 with Great Weapons.....  

Drachyench

Lycan_Angron

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:55 am
but tomb scorpions are crap aginst big squads because of combat res, but things like characters and trolls and so on they are cool, strength 5/6 cant remember killing blow and poison atacks, 4 attcks and 4 wounds they are amazin and they are only 85 points  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:36 pm
I lOVVVVVEEEE! tomb kings... so far I think I have about 1000 points...oh man... if you can run a Scorpion in 500, and it actually comes up, the opponent's SCREWED! Unless it's lizardmen... i've been beaten by them. personally, the only downside (besides having an incredibly WEAK liche priest) ... is putting them together... when I first started, I was like, "YES! I'VE FINALLY FINISHED A WHOLE REGIMENT OF SKELLIES!!!!" so I put them together again. and again.... sigh. Naw, I like carrion quite a bit... I really like the Tomb Kings Spells. "My will be done!" is awesome. Just like vampire counts.... there's this break in points from like, 1000 to 2000, that they completely suck in... Not as bad for TK tho. This guy I once played hecka cheated with Khorne... he gave EVERY SINGLE MODEL IN HIS ARMY the mark of khorne... you know marauders cant have that... and he said the mark of Khorne gave all his units 4+ ward.... so I was like, "whatever. this guy must not know a lot about Fantasy." I ran a High Liche Priest in 500 points... And I still lost... though my scorpion alone took out a regiment of 5 Chaos Chosen Knights with the Mark of Khorne, and a 4+ invulnerable...... That's when I really began to like Tomb Kings.  

tinytim4

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:21 pm
I had a Liche Priest lead a Border Patrol force against Chaos, but not one with insane "house rules" 4+ ward save indeed ;>.> Chosen of Nurgle, and a huge unit of Marauders, not pretty ._. the dead stayed dead that day x.x;  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:02 pm
Tomb Kings are a tough foe, but I think they rely on to much magic. That's the only reason I lost. My army took out two Bone Gaints, two Giant Scorpins, two Liche Priests, a small archer unit, a couple Tomb Guard, and the Tomb King. The reason I lost is because I was left with Archaon and a Chosen Champion Knight of Undivided. That hurts, and I should have used a different tactic, because of this guy being more experienced than me, and he was really good. The one thing that was good out of this was that Archaon didn't get killed and kick a lot of bony butts.  

Daemon_King

ubergeist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:02 pm
I'm considering starting tomb kings but I've heard a lot of conflicting views. My main foes are skaven and lizardmen and spposedly they're bad against both, I checked the GW site and it seems to me they are pretty crappy, but decent if you throw enough incantations at them. I'm thinking about getting the battallion ( 3 chariots, 8 horsemen, 16 archers, 16 regular skeletons) and a couple liche priests and using a proxy tomb prince. Is this a bad idea? It seems that they're an army I'd like the flavour and playstyle of, unlike every other army...  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff