Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Hordes of Chaos Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

General VonCarstein

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:33 pm
im starting a chaos fantasy army, anyone have suggestions? i want to make it undivided but i have no idea what im doing, chaos space marines, no prob. chaos warriors, please help me gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:10 pm
General VonCarstein
im starting a chaos fantasy army, anyone have suggestions? i want to make it undivided but i have no idea what im doing, chaos space marines, no prob. chaos warriors, please help me gonk

No marauders.  

Gellert Grindelwald

Karago

Original Citizen

12,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:51 am
The Tall Dark Stranger
General VonCarstein

No marauders.

Why not?
I've been using them for a long time, and they've always been very useful!
Get them to give something to chew to the enemy while your hard units go in for the kill where the real points are!
Of course they arent much (at least in an army with stats such as Caos fighters!), but as you probably know know "in large ammounts, everything counts"!

Edit:What units do you already have General?  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:04 pm
General VonCarstein

What you need to get are a couple of warriors (chosen status helps), a good sized unit of chosen knights not to big and not to small, marauders, a unit of chaos Ogres (i recommend an irongut conversion), a chariot, warhounds if you plan on using them as a shield for the knights, a level 2 wizard, and a lord. Don't both with daemons most have toughness 3 and have to take instability tests.  

Daemon_King

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:09 pm
Daemon_king
General VonCarstein

What you need to get are a couple of warriors (chosen status helps), a good sized unit of chosen knights not to big and not to small, marauders, a unit of chaos Ogres (i recommend an irongut conversion), a chariot, warhounds if you plan on using them as a shield for the knights, a level 2 wizard, and a lord. Don't both with daemons most have toughness 3 and have to take instability tests.

Actually, Furies can be a good investment, plus Bloodletters are quite nice. Besides, Instability is nowhere near as bad as it is in Warhammer 40K...  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:15 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daemon_king
General VonCarstein

Actually, Furies can be a good investment, plus Bloodletters are quite nice. Besides, Instability is nowhere near as bad as it is in Warhammer 40K...

Yeah, but have you ever seen the effects for a daemonic army in fanasty it is not pretty.  

Daemon_King

The Death Masque

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:31 pm
On the 29th of May, 4:30pm... Your very own Shinji took the long road to damnation by starting his Undivided Chaos army, The Horde of Iron. So far, I have one regiment of Chaos warriors, 8 painted and 4 waiting to be painted.

I have so many ideas for my Horde of Iron.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:37 pm
Daemon_king
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daemon_king
General VonCarstein

Yeah, but have you ever seen the effects for a daemonic army in fanasty it is not pretty.

Yeah, but they get a TRUE ward save, as in magic weapons don't get rid of it. Also, do you even know what furries are harmful against? Imagine, your dwarven warmachines are ready to open fire on the enemy troops, suddenly, 12 Fear-Causing Furries attack them. The machine and its crew don't stand a chance, plus, with the war machines gone, there also goes the fact that the enemy units will be weakened. Thus, the dwarves need to kill more(not a problem with slayers) just in order to tie combat.  

Drachyench

Gellert Grindelwald

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Karago
The Tall Dark Stranger
General VonCarstein

No marauders.

Why not?
I've been using them for a long time, and they've always been very useful!
Get them to give something to chew to the enemy while your hard units go in for the kill where the real points are!
Of course they arent much (at least in an army with stats such as Caos fighters!), but as you probably know know "in large ammounts, everything counts"!

Edit:What units do you already have General?

They jsut seem inferior to me compared to knights. The horsemen are okay though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:35 pm
shinji4kaworu
On the 29th of May, 4:30pm... Your very own Shinji took the long road to damnation by starting his Undivided Chaos army, The Horde of Iron. So far, I have one regiment of Chaos warriors, 8 painted and 4 waiting to be painted.

I have so many ideas for my Horde of Iron.

How are they painted and by the name of your army you may what to get some warmachines like a Hellcannon and get some shooting like Chaos Dwarfs Blunderbusses only 12ps a model and automatically hit on 4+.  

Daemon_King

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:39 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daemon_king
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daemon_king
General VonCarstein

Yeah, but they get a TRUE ward save, as in magic weapons don't get rid of it. Also, do you even know what furries are harmful against? Imagine, your dwarven warmachines are ready to open fire on the enemy troops, suddenly, 12 Fear-Causing Furries attack them. The machine and its crew don't stand a chance, plus, with the war machines gone, there also goes the fact that the enemy units will be weakened. Thus, the dwarves need to kill more(not a problem with slayers) just in order to tie combat.

Just to end this quel, you have your own opinions and I have mine. Both have different advantages and disadvantages.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:27 pm
I can't remember what choice is a Chaos Dwarf unit in a Hordes of Chaos Army. HELP!!  

Daemon_King

The Death Masque

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:31 am
Bwhaha! I've started a Horde of Chaos army!

I call them the Horde of Iron. twisted They're a seige army, and use heavy seige war machines.

I'm thinking of making a special cannon made from Empire Great Cannons. I call it my Tri-Warp Cannon. It's made from three cannons and fires a blast of warp energy at unfortunate enemies. It will use the same rules for the Great Cannon, but will have three shots. But to even it out, it will have the fire back rule.

I'm also thinking of making a Battering Ram, so I need to find a large stick to use.

And I'm not using them Mareuders. I hate them! Oh and maybe a Seige Tower and if I get the money, a Chaos War Mammoth! twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:16 am
shinji4kaworu

I call them the Horde of Iron. twisted They're a seige army, and use heavy seige war machines.

I'm thinking of making a special cannon made from Empire Great Cannons. I call it my Tri-Warp Cannon. It's made from three cannons and fires a blast of warp energy at unfortunate enemies. It will use the same rules for the Great Cannon, but will have three shots. But to even it out, it will have the fire back rule.

I'm also thinking of making a Battering Ram, so I need to find a large stick to use.

And I'm not using them Mareuders. I hate them! Oh and maybe a Seige Tower and if I get the money, a Chaos War Mammoth! twisted

That's nice and all, but your forgetting about your core units and marauders may not be the best unit for chaos but still they're cheap core units that can be useful and what kind of crew would work your "Tri-Warp Cannon." That is if anybody you play would let you use a thing like that. F.Y.I. marauders come in a Chaos War Mammoth.  

Daemon_King

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:13 pm
shinji4kaworu

Well, you may actually want it to fire like so(if someone lets you use it):
You first chose how many cannon barels you wish to fire, next, you guess the distance for each barel. Afterwards, roll the artillery dice, if it is a distance on all three of them, you use the average distance and no harm happens to your cannon. HOWEVER.... if any of the results are a misfire, that cannon suffers normal misfire rules, with -1 to the roll for each barel other than the original that fired. That way, although you can still do some heavy damage, there is still a heavy risk.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff