Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Wood Elves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aussie_Skinhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:53 am
Sounds awsome i cant wait well see how our elvish cousins shall like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:14 am
I've been waiting so long for the army book! I still have the old one. I was impressed by wood elves since I started Warhammer in the late 90s. They haven't changed their model range since! I wanted to collect them, but someone told me that GW was going to discontinue them, like they did to the Chaos Dwarves. By the time I found out otherwise, I was knee deep in lizardmen.

There's just nothing more fun than ranged combat. I was a bit disapointed when I saw that scouts will no longer have BS 5 on the prototype army list at GW website, but it'll still be fun to take 4 scout units, 2 waywtcher units, and a crapload of archers and shhot the hell out of the enemy from every angle!

These rumors of WE shock troops are intreguing. The also cut 15 points from the cost of dryads. When I see the new book, I might just change my strategy a bit.  

Major Tom

Jegron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:41 pm
I have been intrested in the wood elves ever since I got this big a** book on the Warhammer World. They are freakin awesome, but I haven't had the money to be able to collect them yet. I finally have my job, so I can start to collect them!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:31 am
Start buying archers and scouts, they're always useful. What kind of army do you want to field?  

Major Tom

Manji_killer of n00bs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:03 am
Seraphine-Exalted

i really like wood elves in backgrounds etc, but i find them to much of a bother to play.

What do you mean? They're ace to play with. My friend Swifty has never lost a match with them EVER in 6 years.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:00 pm
Soryu_manji
Seraphine-Exalted

i really like wood elves in backgrounds etc, but i find them to much of a bother to play.

What do you mean? They're ace to play with. My friend Swifty has never lost a match with them EVER in 6 years.
'

wood elves are pretty much unforgiving and fragile, only all out lame armies can be played without considering each step 2 times over...  

Seraphine-Exalted

Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:16 pm
Evidently Swifty is a very astute player. As you have pointed out before, not every opponent is a newbie.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:15 pm
I'm not trying to brag, but I've played wood elves for 8 years or so now, and after the first year I've seldom lost a game with them. The army has a lot going for it, the biggest advantages a wood elf general has are the misconceptions most people have about the army...I.E. Wood elves are a ranged combat army.
The best wood elf units (in the current list) are actually very specialized close combat units (treemen, dryads, wardancers) and if you use them together properly you'll have no problems beating even chaos warriors and saurus in CC.
The very best thing about the army is Tree singing, actually. If you own the enemies movement, you win.  

Jerhien

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:17 pm
My sister plays wood elves, or at least she claims to. Shes had a box of archers for a year, and has painted the cloak of one, and thats it. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:56 pm
lol, just to spite you maybe?  

Jerhien

Da-monn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:18 am
outofmanyone
(please don't turn them into hippies) .

They are hippies already!*heartly dwarf chuckle*

I will problaby start to collect a hippie army when the book comes, I've been waiting for it a year or something and all the rumors I've heard about the book sounds good. I think their playing style will be a perfect pause from my dwarf army and that the models will be refreshing to my painting skills.

Many of you speak of the wood elves as a very hard army to play but as it is now I think that they are one of the easiest armies to abuse for tournament winning and that all wood elf armies use to be really hard opponents. I really hope that will change though!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:23 am
Any tips on where i can get a codex? i cant find them anywhere in sweden.. every seller says the same thing "wait a month so the new codex will come" stressed  

Zolah

Aged Noob

11,800 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:56 am
Zolah
Any tips on where i can get a codex? i cant find them anywhere in sweden.. every seller says the same thing "wait a month so the new codex will come" stressed

Warhammer Chronicals 2004 I believe.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:11 am
uhm sweatdrop

can you give me the address?  

Zolah

Aged Noob

11,800 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:54 pm
Any thoughts on the new models? Specifically the new driads, who thinks they are gonna be plastic?

And is Orion coming back?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces