Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Dark Elves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Lady Giyan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:12 pm
yeah, dark riders are a brilliant dark elf unit, and so are shades. these are the units i use to get rid of enemy war machines. also, i like to put a sorceress on a dark steed, and take death magic so's she can get the drain soul spell which hits everyhitng within 12" with d3 no armour save str 3 hits. it can really mess up artillery and shooting units...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:23 pm
yea, i love using my shades, its just a shame they have no amour unless you put it on. but i love dark riders, amazing i run rings around the enemy with them^^  

brat_prince

brat_prince

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:49 am
God damn it i hate our 3T grrrrr  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:12 am
Wasn't sure exactly where to put this but it is linked with DE somewhat o.O; Currently in my Cult of Pleasure army I have a lvl2 Anointed with Dark Magic and 2 lvl2 Sorceresses with Slaaneshi Magic. While sorting through all the GW books about the place, I found again the Albion rules and with it, the Dark Emissary.
I was wondering if any had used one in battle and how well they do o.O I never got a chance to take part in an Albion battle with a Dark Emissary so iunno what they be like. So would it be worth taking one in place of a Sorceress? and prolly a unit of Shades to free up the points O.o Or keep 2 lots of Slaaneshi magic?  

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25

DaemonSpawn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:39 am
As we're all gettin riled up about wars here, let me imput my Druchii armies (this is counting my entire listing):

High Sorceress- Cold One
Highborn- Dragon
2 Units Cold One's
2 Units Repeater Crossbowed Warriors.
2 Units Dark Cavalry
2 Units Corsairs
2 Units Reaper Bolt Thrower
1 Unit Shadowblade Master of Assassins (YAY!)
4 Assassins
1 Unit Shades
1 Unit Witch Elves
2 Unit Executioners
1 Unit Black Guard
2 Dark Elf Nobles
2 Sorceresses

That took me way too long to acumulate. But it works pretty well. FIrst battle I ever played with it, it took me ONE TURN, GOING SECOND, TO ANNIHILATE AN ENTIRE HIGH ELF ARMY. It was one of the happiest bloodiest days in our history. And I enjoyed every minute.

My usual formations include the Reapers sitting back and firing past my 2 units of Repeatercrossbowmen who guard them, while my cavalry charges the front ranks to lock them in combat so they cant get away. Then my infantry usually rolls around the sides to hit them all pretty durned hard, while my sorceresses pound away with magick missles, right behind my cavalry. It always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to watch a Dark Elf noble with the Crimson Death hackin away at the foes of the true elves.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:43 am
Oh, BTW! Try fighting THE WHITE DWARF with Shadowblade master of assassins. It's a tough bout, as the Dwarf can make us reroll all of our stinkin good dice, but I did it, lost all but 1 wound, then managed to get a killing blow in his stinkin face. EAT THAT DWARF!  

DaemonSpawn

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:13 am
I've been playing around with this idea for a while, even before the Storm of Chaos campaign. Basically its a Cult of Khaine army list. It would need a few new units and special rules I'm sure, but it could be awesome to look at.

The idea really took off when Morathi turned to Slaanesh and half the Witch elves followed her. I figured that the other half would be loyal to Khaine (Khorne) and so might go on a "crusade" against the others.

I'm playing around with a Dark Elf list with this theme right now. Might have it posted tonight, maybe... don't hold you breath.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:30 pm
What are some suggestions for items to equip my Highborn with. He's on foot, and generally accompanies my executioners.  

The Lady Giyan

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:41 pm
An executioner's axe is a good one if he's with executioners.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:50 pm
Nah, the Executioners Axe is far to expensive for what it does (ie, acts like a great weapon most of the time). Plus it doesn't allow for much magical protection, so the Highborn winds up being rather easy to kill. I might go with a driach of dark power and the talisman that gives him a 4+ ward save instead...  

The Lady Giyan

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:57 pm
Though saves are modifide by the users strength as in if the Elf has a S 6, it's -6 to the armour save of your opponent.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:59 pm
Daemon_king
Though saves are modifide by the users strength as in if the Elf has a S 6, it's -6 to the armour save of your opponent.

No, actually you have to be str 9 before to get a -6 modifier. srt 1, 2 & 3 dont modify saves and at str 4 the modifier is -1 (which then increases as the strength increases) and the max is -7 at str 10. So the exectuioners axe is only really worth it against dwarf lords or chaos lords.

Edit: It occurs to me that it would also be beastly against the tomb kings (T4 chariots, meet Mr. str 8 elf lord!) and the ogre kingdoms.  

The Lady Giyan

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:58 pm
My mordhiem DE warband leader isnt half bad but is put to shame by her lesser heros with some of their special skills  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:10 pm
The Lady Giyan
Daemon_king

No, actually you have to be str 9 before to get a -6 modifier. srt 1, 2 & 3 dont modify saves and at str 4 the modifier is -1 (which then increases as the strength increases) and the max is -7 at str 10. So the exectuioners axe is only really worth it against dwarf lords or chaos lords.

Edit: It occurs to me that it would also be beastly against the tomb kings (T4 chariots, meet Mr. str 8 elf lord!) and the ogre kingdoms.

I thought you take the users S, and modify with that, meaning S 6 is -6 instead of -3 to the armour save.  

Daemon_King

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:29 am
Daemon_king
The Lady Giyan
Daemon_king

I thought you take the users S, and modify with that, meaning S 6 is -6 instead of -3 to the armour save.

If that was the case, you'd have Goblins hacking their way through heavy infantry as if they were Black Orcs .__.;;  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff