The Bretonnians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:48 pm
Yes, indeed they are a tough nut to crack. All that armour tends to deflect my vicious little arrows. Quite frustrating, considering they are a lot better combat wise than I am.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:59 pm
What army do you play?
High or wood elves, I'm guessing.
Oh, and don't forget the Brett's ward saves just in case they fail armor saves wink .  

KyotoYakimino

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:12 pm
Lore of Metal can be a killer for Brettonians though, you can get rid of their lances. If you play High Elves, take Lore of Metal against them, and use the special honour to choose your spells.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:27 am
Lore of metal has a relatively short range, though.
Remember, if a mage is within the 12 inches necessary for that spell, they are well within the 16 inch charge range of the knights.
Besides, my standard army has 4 dispel srolls in it to ensure no magic hurts my shiny knights.
There is one thing that brings Bretts down, though:
War machines, especially bolt throwers.  

KyotoYakimino

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:08 am
I Havn't checked out the latest updates with the bretts, but back in the day bolt throwers were next to useless against them.

Lore of metal is a obvious weakness against them. Yet High magic (I'm a high elf player btw) is highly effective. Even Tzeench and Slaan have a hard time out magicing me. So in rguards to taking 4 dispell scrolls. That is an excellent way of defendiong against minor to medium magical assault, however aganst a dedicated force. It is not nearly enough.

That is where the Brett's excel. They hav tremendous ground covering speed. Although manouverabilty does suffer.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:34 am
KyotoYakimino
Lore of metal has a relatively short range, though.
Remember, if a mage is within the 12 inches necessary for that spell, they are well within the 16 inch charge range of the knights.
Besides, my standard army has 4 dispel srolls in it to ensure no magic hurts my shiny knights.
There is one thing that brings Bretts down, though:
War machines, especially bolt throwers.

Actually, 3 things that hurt em, Fanatics with mad-cap mushrooms, Bolt-Throwers, and quicksand Lustria rule(Roll an armor save for each model in the unit, every armor save PASSED is one dead model in the unit).

Though here is a nice thing I found in the Bretonian book. They have an Armor that gives regeneration and a enchanted item that gives them a 5+ blessing and immunity to flame based attacks...  

Drachyench

KyotoYakimino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:49 am
Heh, all Bretts have ward saves which is increased when the strength gets higher.
So, while you do get a 5+ ward against a bolt thrower/cannon, i tend to fail a lot...

BTW, DO, I have a High Elf army also with lots of magic.
Most of the people I play do not have mage lords or slanns, they tend to use lots of war machines or troops.
Another knight killer: Uranon's thunderbolt.

Oh, and the secret in Brett heroes are their virtues.
I can't say too much of the rules, but try re-roll all misses and failed wounds in a challenge, and the enemy can't refuse a challenge, all for only 35 points.
Any enemy character, beware.
*insert evil laugh*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:53 am
KyotoYakimino
Heh, all Bretts have ward saves which is increased when the strength gets higher.
So, while you do get a 5+ ward against a bolt thrower/cannon, i tend to fail a lot...

BTW, DO, I have a High Elf army also with lots of magic.
Most of the people I play do not have mage lords or slanns, they tend to use lots of war machines or troops.
Another knight killer: Uranon's thunderbolt.

Oh, and the secret in Brett heroes are their virtues.
I can't say too much of the rules, but try re-roll all misses and failed wounds in a challenge, and the enemy can't refuse a challenge, all for only 35 points.
Any enemy character, beware.
*insert evil laugh*

I REALLY want to point out a couple characters that don't need to, but I won't, since the bretonians are still tough.  

Drachyench

KyotoYakimino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:32 am
Heh, of course, excluding special characters.
So far my Lord on horseback with the little combo I introduced earlier has never been beat in one-on-one.
Mostly he duells elves and saurus, once a chaos lord.
Like I said, he has never lost.
My friends have tried to kill him with every tooled out character, but he won't die.
Of course, Archaon would slaughter him...or Tyrion...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:53 pm
Or a Blood Dragon Vampire Lord.  

EliotJamesRookwood

ubergeist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:52 pm
I played a lizardmen versus brettonian skirmish. The knights got rolled by the saurus even though they chrged, but the pesants saved the day. So, I really like the knights, ( pesants too!) but are there any other units I shoulld make sure to include in an army of brettonians?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:14 pm
Knights gettng beaten by saurus even when they get the charge?
Unless you rolled rediculously badly, the knights should have "rolled" the lizardmen, especially if you charged.
Peasents beating saurus warriors doesnt make sense either.
Something fishy might've been going on.  

KyotoYakimino

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:47 am
Are pegasus knights any good?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:12 pm
Bretonians just need top be used correctly, backed with some nice magic, and maneuvering. A big thing, is they have badass heroes. Read into them, I mean, wow. The Green Knight, just amazing. The other two are just as kickass... And that many knights can be mean. I mean, thats a lot of knights.  

LightningLord

KyotoYakimino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:11 pm
No, the special characters are far too overpriced, or in the case of the Green Knight, unusable in many ways.
The only way to properly use the green knight would be to flank attack enemy units already engaged, or attack skirmishers.
Remember, the Green Knight can be killed quite easily by combat resolution.
No...making character using the virtues and magic weapons is much much better.
Mr. Re-roll:
Re-roll hits ina challenge.
Re-roll wounds ina challenge.
Enemy must re-roll successful armor saves.
May re-roll 1+ armor save if failed.
Oh, and enemies cant refuse the challenges.

Characters, beware, and remember about overkill rules...  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff